Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million 16:15 - Jan 11 with 17850 viewsDaggyjack

Start the car...I'll drive him there for that
5 year contract according to the Daily Mail.
Shelvey could yet help keep us up if we reinvest wisely.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2016 16:17]
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 21:12 - Jan 11 with 2696 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 16:24 - Jan 11 by pencoedjack

'I cant believe people think he's a poor player, got great energy and drive can pick out a pass and knows where the goal is. All reasons he his way better than what we have here now.
Get him in!'

Really

Read more at http://boards.footymad.net/newcastleunited-mad/2109613224/#6cOhLdMlFLvitOA4.99

When i think of shelvey, drive and energy are the last things that spring to mind. Yes he can pick out a pass and can create something in the middle but their s been far too little of that for some time now. Again on sunday he looked on the ropes fitness wise, we just dont have the squad to carry a player like him atm.
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 21:12 - Jan 11 with 2696 viewsoldcob

Sell him as "sold as seen" no "sale or return"
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 22:44 - Jan 11 with 2495 viewsepaul

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/11/newcastle-look-to-jonjo-shelvey-deal-after-

HITC Sport understands Newcastle United are close to finalising a deal for Jonjo Shelvey after he had a re-think over his wage demands, and they look set to hold off interest from Crystal Palace

Both clubs were made aware of Shelvey's desire to leave Swansea late last year and talks have been ongoing, and whilst neither have a problem paying up to £12 million for the England international midfielder, there were issues with his terms.

At one point, Newcastle were led to believe that Shelvey wanted wages that would have been in excess of £70,000-a-week and would of made him the highest earner at St James' Park - but the message was quickly relayed to the player that they would not entertain such a deal.

However, Shelvey now appears to have reconsidered his position and will take somewhat less than that - meaning Newcastle would be willing to do the deal, although their former boss Alan Pardew is a confirmed fan of the player and is likely to battle them for his signature.

A source close to the deal told HITC Sport: "The deal was dead in the water last week, it was never an issue between the clubs but was at the player's end, however after thinking it over he has come back to the table and Newcastle are now progressing the deal."

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 22:50 - Jan 11 with 2470 viewsmonmouth

£70K a week! f*ck a ruddy duck. He's off his trolley. So are they ifthey still want him. He's clearly totally away with the fairies.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 22:53 - Jan 11 with 2450 viewsSwansea93

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 22:50 - Jan 11 by monmouth

£70K a week! f*ck a ruddy duck. He's off his trolley. So are they ifthey still want him. He's clearly totally away with the fairies.

Unless the deal is completed tomorrow it will be interesting to see if he's in the match day squad Wednesday

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 22:54 - Jan 11 with 2442 viewslancasterswan

Have you seen his agency?

https://twitter.com/g_shelvey

I wouldn't want to pass further comment, let's just get the deal done and move on.
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 22:55 - Jan 11 with 2439 viewsepaul

Surely they wont want him now?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35281746

Henri Saivet: Newcastle United sign midfielder from Bordeaux

Newcastle have signed midfielder Henri Saivet from Bordeaux on a five-and-a-half-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Saivet, 25, helped the French club win Ligue 1 in 2009 and played for Senegal at the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations.

He made 178 appearances for Bordeaux in all competitions, scoring 23 goals.

"Henri is someone the club have been watching for a while and he has developed into an excellent player at Bordeaux," Newcastle boss Steve McClaren told the club's website.

Saivet said: "I am really proud to be able to play for this club, and I am really excited at the challenge that lies ahead."

Meanwhile, McClaren was reluctant to discuss a possible deal for Swansea's England midfielder Jonjo Shelvey.

He said: "He's one of 100 names we're being linked with. I can't comment until they're through the door."

Henri Saivet
Saivet scored for Bordeaux as they lost 2-1 to Liverpool in the Europa League at Anfield in November

McClaren's Magpies were knocked out of the FA Cup by Watford on Saturday, failing to score and losing 1-0 for the fourth game in succession, and he is keen to strengthen his squad.

Deals with clubs and players are sourced and negotiated by a transfer committee at St James' Park.

"That's going on behind the scenes quietly," McClaren told BBC Newcastle.

"However, my focus is on this week and the team, Tuesday's league game against Manchester United."

Only Swansea (17) and bottom side Aston Villa (16) have scored fewer goals than Newcastle's 19 in the Premier League so far, while their four wins are the joint-second fewest in the division.

Recent performances have been more encouraging, although it is scoring goals that remains McClaren's major concern.

"We've had two disappointing performances, Leicester and Crystal Palace, but since then the attitude has been fantastic, we've scored goals and won games, but the last four we haven't scored goals," he added.

"I can understand everyone is frustrated and angry, we have to be patient, we have to use our experience."

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 05:26 - Jan 12 with 2305 viewsStarsky

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 22:55 - Jan 11 by epaul

Surely they wont want him now?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35281746

Henri Saivet: Newcastle United sign midfielder from Bordeaux

Newcastle have signed midfielder Henri Saivet from Bordeaux on a five-and-a-half-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Saivet, 25, helped the French club win Ligue 1 in 2009 and played for Senegal at the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations.

He made 178 appearances for Bordeaux in all competitions, scoring 23 goals.

"Henri is someone the club have been watching for a while and he has developed into an excellent player at Bordeaux," Newcastle boss Steve McClaren told the club's website.

Saivet said: "I am really proud to be able to play for this club, and I am really excited at the challenge that lies ahead."

Meanwhile, McClaren was reluctant to discuss a possible deal for Swansea's England midfielder Jonjo Shelvey.

He said: "He's one of 100 names we're being linked with. I can't comment until they're through the door."

Henri Saivet
Saivet scored for Bordeaux as they lost 2-1 to Liverpool in the Europa League at Anfield in November

McClaren's Magpies were knocked out of the FA Cup by Watford on Saturday, failing to score and losing 1-0 for the fourth game in succession, and he is keen to strengthen his squad.

Deals with clubs and players are sourced and negotiated by a transfer committee at St James' Park.

"That's going on behind the scenes quietly," McClaren told BBC Newcastle.

"However, my focus is on this week and the team, Tuesday's league game against Manchester United."

Only Swansea (17) and bottom side Aston Villa (16) have scored fewer goals than Newcastle's 19 in the Premier League so far, while their four wins are the joint-second fewest in the division.

Recent performances have been more encouraging, although it is scoring goals that remains McClaren's major concern.

"We've had two disappointing performances, Leicester and Crystal Palace, but since then the attitude has been fantastic, we've scored goals and won games, but the last four we haven't scored goals," he added.

"I can understand everyone is frustrated and angry, we have to be patient, we have to use our experience."

You can play 5 in midfield though

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 06:53 - Jan 12 with 2236 viewsEasternJack

£12M represents an ok return on Shelvey - especially considering that for whatever reason he is not able to perform at our club.

I do have a concern about him going to Newcastle... He has the ability to be a creative force in their midfield and potentially turn their season around... maybe ultimately at our expense.

If I were Huw, I would be making the Crystal Palace option the path of least resistance for all parties.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 08:51 - Jan 12 with 2096 viewsLandore_Jack

SWANSEA AGREE TO SELL SHELVEY

Sky sources understand Swansea have agreed to sell Jonjo Shelvey to Newcastle for a fee in the region of £12m. Sources indicate Shelvey is expected in Newcastle for a medical today.

#backtojack

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:04 - Jan 12 with 2081 viewsPrivate_Partz

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 08:51 - Jan 12 by Landore_Jack

SWANSEA AGREE TO SELL SHELVEY

Sky sources understand Swansea have agreed to sell Jonjo Shelvey to Newcastle for a fee in the region of £12m. Sources indicate Shelvey is expected in Newcastle for a medical today.

If true I hope we don't trouser the 12m and hope the current regime can keep us up. I still think it is madness to sell him to Newcastle.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:20 - Jan 12 with 2056 viewsJACKARSE

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:04 - Jan 12 by Private_Partz

If true I hope we don't trouser the 12m and hope the current regime can keep us up. I still think it is madness to sell him to Newcastle.

Agree Shelvey to Newcastle could bite us in the bum, hope they get thrashed tonight.
We should have circa £20m to spend now if Bafi goes ..... lets see who is on the radar ...
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:21 - Jan 12 with 2047 viewslancasterswan

Significantly, Playerworks agent, one George Shelvey has retweeted the Sky Sports 'scoop'

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:24 - Jan 12 with 2019 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:20 - Jan 12 by JACKARSE

Agree Shelvey to Newcastle could bite us in the bum, hope they get thrashed tonight.
We should have circa £20m to spend now if Bafi goes ..... lets see who is on the radar ...

This puts us in profit so there's dividends to come out first......

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:25 - Jan 12 with 2002 viewsPrivate_Partz

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:21 - Jan 12 by lancasterswan

Significantly, Playerworks agent, one George Shelvey has retweeted the Sky Sports 'scoop'

I will do 'helicopter watch' at Fairwood although I supect he can do a sceduled flight from Bristol for this one :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:36 - Jan 12 with 1949 viewsmonmouth

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:04 - Jan 12 by Private_Partz

They are the only buyer and at top dollar given he will never play for us again anyway after Sunday. He has to go, and we have to sell, surely you can see that, no matter what the result.

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:41 - Jan 12 with 1906 viewsblaine_scfc

Selling him to Newcastle is a massive risk. We simply need to reinvest atleast £7million. That way we have made our money back on him atleast.
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:43 - Jan 12 with 1889 viewsPrivate_Partz

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:36 - Jan 12 by monmouth

They are the only buyer and at top dollar given he will never play for us again anyway after Sunday. He has to go, and we have to sell, surely you can see that, no matter what the result.

The result being we go down? Nope. If they go on a run and send us down as a result of JJS playing for them plus we trouser 12m then I can't see it I have to say.

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:46 - Jan 12 with 1866 viewsmonmouth

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:43 - Jan 12 by Private_Partz

The result being we go down? Nope. If they go on a run and send us down as a result of JJS playing for them plus we trouser 12m then I can't see it I have to say.

Shelvey is not going to send us down or save us. Who says we will 'trouser 12m'. It has been clear all along that we need to sell to buy.

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:49 - Jan 12 with 1848 viewslancasterswan

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:25 - Jan 12 by Private_Partz

I will do 'helicopter watch' at Fairwood although I supect he can do a sceduled flight from Bristol for this one :-)

Worth keeping half an eye out for a tall thin bloke, 6' 7" , blondish, big smile?
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:49 - Jan 12 with 1844 viewsperchrockjack

We made big money on none and spent it, apparently, on training facilities to pamper arsewipes and academy that has produced ...who.

If we don't spend shelvey profit, clearly something more sinister could be apparent.

Too much talk about what could happen ...if.. We go down but not as much of if we stay up.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:57 - Jan 12 with 1813 viewslifelong

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:49 - Jan 12 by perchrockjack

We made big money on none and spent it, apparently, on training facilities to pamper arsewipes and academy that has produced ...who.

If we don't spend shelvey profit, clearly something more sinister could be apparent.

Too much talk about what could happen ...if.. We go down but not as much of if we stay up.

Don't you think that the academy is a long term investment, do you really think that once it's been open for a short period that young players will be stepping into the first team squad?
Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 10:10 - Jan 12 with 1762 viewsperchrockjack

Personally, I think it's overrated.

We talking about primarily local lads?

Me, I d have invested it in better players who would keep our status .

Training facilities fine, but I'm led to believe all the bony profit was used for it.

You lol find others equally sceptical.

As regards shelves, if he takes his attitude to the gallowgate, they lol rip him apart. They are more passionate up there and tolerate nowt but the best.

Get down gower today, rog. It's for the best

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 10:12 - Jan 12 with 1748 viewsLandore_Jack

Shelvey has no one else to blame apart from himself. £12M is a good deal.

#backtojack

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 10:14 - Jan 12 with 1734 viewslancasterswan

Shelvey to Newcastle £12 million on 09:57 - Jan 12 by lifelong

Don't you think that the academy is a long term investment, do you really think that once it's been open for a short period that young players will be stepping into the first team squad?

Agreed

For the record there are about 9,000 boys in training at all age levels in the four top tiers. 90% won't even make it as professionals, even at tier 6. A tiny fraction make it to the top two tiers. But the investment in all those facilities is worth it in spades if you produce just one Beckham, Scholes, Giggs or Bale.

Anyway, off topic, we're selling to buy today :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024