Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread 18:03 - Feb 12 with 25093 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 19:10]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:06 - Feb 13 with 1734 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:01 - Feb 13 by londonlisa2001

Dreadful.

No desire. Too many little flicks and no one driving through.. Full backs VERY weak on both sides. Centre backs always make at least one mistake in each match, so we have to score 2 to win (at least) and we could have played today for a week and not scored.

Britton - poor game. Siggy poor game. Ayew poor game. Cork poor game.

1 point from the 6 on offer in these two home games is just not enough. Unless we can pull out a shock result in the next two games, I'm afraid that we may well end up going down.

Just not enough quality in this team or squad. Three poor transfer windows. Absolutely devastated after watching that as I just can't see the attitude needed to get us to safety.

No arguments there. Your last sentence is especially true.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:06 - Feb 13 with 1737 viewsSgorioFruit

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:05 - Feb 13 by Lord_Bony

Dont look good do it...

Hoping Newcastle lose at Stamford tomorrow.

Today

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:09 - Feb 13 with 1669 viewsmagicdaps10

All jokes aside, we were bloody awful today and what hurt me most was the fact that we didnt go and try and win the game.

We played for a draw with a hope we might nick it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:10 - Feb 13 with 1647 viewsJackFish

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 16:52 - Feb 13 by Groo

Next 2 games Arsenal and Spurs away, oh crap.

Back in the bottom three by the time we play Norwich I'm afraid. Those three games at the start of March are huge.
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:11 - Feb 13 with 1633 viewsJackanapes

They let Neil taylor have the ball.They knew he couldnt do anything with it. He takes 3 seconds to pass the ball whether hes under pressure or not. Rangel is a fking clown. If we do go down its because half our players just are not good enough. Its not rocket science.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:13 - Feb 13 with 1591 viewsblaine_scfc

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:01 - Feb 13 by londonlisa2001

Dreadful.

No desire. Too many little flicks and no one driving through.. Full backs VERY weak on both sides. Centre backs always make at least one mistake in each match, so we have to score 2 to win (at least) and we could have played today for a week and not scored.

Britton - poor game. Siggy poor game. Ayew poor game. Cork poor game.

1 point from the 6 on offer in these two home games is just not enough. Unless we can pull out a shock result in the next two games, I'm afraid that we may well end up going down.

Just not enough quality in this team or squad. Three poor transfer windows. Absolutely devastated after watching that as I just can't see the attitude needed to get us to safety.

Writing has been on the wall. Weakened our squad significantly through a few transfer windows.

Garry Monk was a very, very poor manager and we have replaced with Sousa MK2.

Cant wait for season to end, put us out of misery
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:15 - Feb 13 with 1536 viewsmonmouth

If thats what we have, in attitude, skills and approach, then we are finished.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Feb 13 with 1521 viewsHuw57

If Rangel can't do 90 why is he out there? Could have used that other sub in bringing on Ki or Fer.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:19 - Feb 13 with 1467 viewsmonmouth

Oh and f**k the diamond. F**k it. F**k it. F**k it.

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:19 - Feb 13 with 1450 viewsVetchitBack

Our negativity may well take us down.

The most frustrating example being our utterly illogical tactic of turning back into trouble killing a counter attack stone dead allowing their whole team to regroup.

Metaphor for who and where we are at the moment.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:20 - Feb 13 with 1432 viewsVetchitBack

Stonewall pen mind.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:21 - Feb 13 with 1420 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:19 - Feb 13 by monmouth

Oh and f**k the diamond. F**k it. F**k it. F**k it.

But we didn't play a diamond. We played 4 3 3 ?

It's just that Ayew can't play in that position.
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:22 - Feb 13 with 1415 viewsmorningstar

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Feb 13 by Huw57

If Rangel can't do 90 why is he out there? Could have used that other sub in bringing on Ki or Fer.

Definitely agree. I've always been a firm believer that you send out a back four at the start of a game that should only be changed if there is an injury.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:22 - Feb 13 with 1409 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:20 - Feb 13 by VetchitBack

Stonewall pen mind.

No it wasn't - Paloschi ran into him on replay not the other way round. I thought it was initially, but from the other angle the referee was right (actually was probably a free kick to them).
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:22 - Feb 13 with 1400 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I am afraid it looks as if the Don has no more ideas than Curtis.
13 shots (the same as soton) and only 2 on target is just not good enough.
Montero not even on the bench, perhaps they don't play with wingers in Italy.
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:23 - Feb 13 with 1397 viewsJackanapes

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:15 - Feb 13 by monmouth

If thats what we have, in attitude, skills and approach, then we are finished.

The last few weeks have been the part in the film " The Perfect Storm" when the skies clear for a moment.
Then Clooney turns to Mark Wahlburg and says
" Shes not going to let us out".

If we are still outside the Relegation zone when Narch arrive then we may have a shot.
I'm too depressed to read any more.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:24 - Feb 13 with 1387 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:22 - Feb 13 by morningstar

Definitely agree. I've always been a firm believer that you send out a back four at the start of a game that should only be changed if there is an injury.

Yep - complete waste of a sub every match - it's not like Rangel is so good for the first hour either.

Our full backs are utter rubbish on both sides.
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:25 - Feb 13 with 1370 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:21 - Feb 13 by londonlisa2001

Did we? Oh well, f**k the 4.3.3 then. F**k it.

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:26 - Feb 13 with 1354 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:25 - Feb 13 by monmouth

Did we? Oh well, f**k the 4.3.3 then. F**k it.

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:26 - Feb 13 with 1339 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:21 - Feb 13 by londonlisa2001

I may well get pelters here but I think if Ayew is going to play he has to play as the false 9. We carried him against Palace last week. Not his fault mind.

We have to stick with Naughts and at least bring Fer into the fray

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:27 - Feb 13 with 1328 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:23 - Feb 13 by Jackanapes

The last few weeks have been the part in the film " The Perfect Storm" when the skies clear for a moment.
Then Clooney turns to Mark Wahlburg and says
" Shes not going to let us out".

If we are still outside the Relegation zone when Narch arrive then we may have a shot.
I'm too depressed to read any more.

The world would be a better place if any of the characters involved in our current predicament were George Clooney
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:27 - Feb 13 with 1325 viewsJackanapes

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:24 - Feb 13 by londonlisa2001

Yep - complete waste of a sub every match - it's not like Rangel is so good for the first hour either.

Our full backs are utter rubbish on both sides.

Rangel cant even pass to a team mate. Taylor can manage this if you give him half an hour.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2016 17:28]

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:29 - Feb 13 with 1293 viewstherealme

It's not so much negativity or conservativeness

We're just utterly clueless going forward. Summed up by Routledge/ Ayew and our full backs. In this day and age you want your full backs to be flying wingers almost

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:29 - Feb 13 with 1291 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:26 - Feb 13 by waynekerr55

I may well get pelters here but I think if Ayew is going to play he has to play as the false 9. We carried him against Palace last week. Not his fault mind.

We have to stick with Naughts and at least bring Fer into the fray

I actually think it is his fault though.

There were a few moments in the first half where Taylor by some fluke, managed to put in a semi decent cross and Ayew had bunched up with Paloschi instead of staying at the back post. If he was where he should have been he'd have possibly got on the end of it.
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:31 - Feb 13 with 1263 viewsSgorioFruit

the two late goals at Norwich were massive for us today

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024