Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread 18:03 - Feb 12 with 25097 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 19:10]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:32 - Feb 13 with 1857 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:29 - Feb 13 by londonlisa2001

I actually think it is his fault though.

There were a few moments in the first half where Taylor by some fluke, managed to put in a semi decent cross and Ayew had bunched up with Paloschi instead of staying at the back post. If he was where he should have been he'd have possibly got on the end of it.

I noticed that last week too. Nobody gambles on the back post 😷😷😷😷😷😷

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:33 - Feb 13 with 1857 viewsJackanapes

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:31 - Feb 13 by SgorioFruit

the two late goals at Norwich were massive for us today

Yes I stabbed my eyes out for nothing.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:33 - Feb 13 with 1840 viewsVetchitBack

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:29 - Feb 13 by londonlisa2001

I actually think it is his fault though.

There were a few moments in the first half where Taylor by some fluke, managed to put in a semi decent cross and Ayew had bunched up with Paloschi instead of staying at the back post. If he was where he should have been he'd have possibly got on the end of it.

Very true Taylor put some good balls in we just don't seem to "do" people coming in late at the back post like every other side.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:36 - Feb 13 with 1793 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:33 - Feb 13 by VetchitBack

Very true Taylor put some good balls in we just don't seem to "do" people coming in late at the back post like every other side.

Sinclair was fantastic at it, which is why he scored so many goals for us. At the moment - nothing.
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:37 - Feb 13 with 1789 viewsDr_Winston

Another game, just two shots on target and none for Paloschi.

Feel sorry for the poor bastard having to live off the scraps Ayew and Gomis have had all season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:41 - Feb 13 with 1736 viewsAnotherJohn

Southampton are a good side so the result was not out of kilter with past years, but it was still a very disappointing display. What depressed me was how little we offered going forward. Especially in the first half without wingers, I thought we looked like a Championship team. It seemed to me that the Saints left Taylor as our out ball knowing there would be no end product. The other results went against us as well today. I'm hoping Chelsea get a a result (2-0 already) because I don't buy the line that Newcastle are not a direct rival. Lots of despondent Jacks were saying negative things as they left the stadium today.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2016 18:11]
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:41 - Feb 13 with 1734 viewsmonmouth

We don't deserve any favours playing like that anyway, but that nagging feeling that the bullet has our name on it persists. Everton 34 shots today, WBA one on target and they win 1-0. Sometimes it's just your time, and watching us today, I'm not sure I've seen a much more timid, pathetic home performance from anyone all season in the games I've seen. And that's without seeing the first 40 mins. Maybe playing away will suit them better, although I can't see Totty and Arse not exploiting our central defence 'wave em through' policy.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:42 - Feb 13 with 1715 viewsGriffting

not looking good when I most threatening source is a young inexperienced barrow, who should totally be starting the next home game by the way. I'd even see Ayew drop into centre mid and barrow n routs on the wings hugging the touch line than Ayew on the wing. He's just totally non excistent in our home games at the moment. We need a bit of width at home, someone on the left that Taylor can offload the ball quickly too and stay away from the attack. Montero should be on the bench. I'd like to see bafe and paloschi play together in the diamond also. Bafe is lazy but hate to say it he is our best striker in terms of talent, for me anyway.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:47 - Feb 13 with 1665 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:42 - Feb 13 by Griffting

not looking good when I most threatening source is a young inexperienced barrow, who should totally be starting the next home game by the way. I'd even see Ayew drop into centre mid and barrow n routs on the wings hugging the touch line than Ayew on the wing. He's just totally non excistent in our home games at the moment. We need a bit of width at home, someone on the left that Taylor can offload the ball quickly too and stay away from the attack. Montero should be on the bench. I'd like to see bafe and paloschi play together in the diamond also. Bafe is lazy but hate to say it he is our best striker in terms of talent, for me anyway.

I honestly thought Barrow was dreadful when he came on. Absolutely no end product at all (same as Montero really).
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:02 - Feb 13 with 1537 viewsGriffting

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:47 - Feb 13 by londonlisa2001

I honestly thought Barrow was dreadful when he came on. Absolutely no end product at all (same as Montero really).

Oh don't get me wrong, no one turned in any sort of decent performance and it was a tough game to come into off the bench from our side playing the way we were. But, in fairness to the lad, he was the only one looking to run at defenders and open up some opportunities from our end. I like his direct nature and yes he certainly needs to work on his end product but I think he could be some player if he applies himself hard enough.
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:03 - Feb 13 with 1527 viewsairedale

Has anyone else noticed our [newish] system of hoofing the ball speculatively forward from around the half way line? It doesn't seem to have any end product and I find it irritating. It was a flash-back Sousa day for me today. Awful.
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:04 - Feb 13 with 1521 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:03 - Feb 13 by airedale

Has anyone else noticed our [newish] system of hoofing the ball speculatively forward from around the half way line? It doesn't seem to have any end product and I find it irritating. It was a flash-back Sousa day for me today. Awful.

No Sousa team would have allowed that many free headers.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:07 - Feb 13 with 1487 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 17:41 - Feb 13 by AnotherJohn

Southampton are a good side so the result was not out of kilter with past years, but it was still a very disappointing display. What depressed me was how little we offered going forward. Especially in the first half without wingers, I thought we looked like a Championship team. It seemed to me that the Saints left Taylor as our out ball knowing there would be no end product. The other results went against us as well today. I'm hoping Chelsea get a a result (2-0 already) because I don't buy the line that Newcastle are not a direct rival. Lots of despondent Jacks were saying negative things as they left the stadium today.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2016 18:11]

Southampton are a good side blah, blah, boIIocks. They were awful when they got to the PL and nearly went down. They are now where we have been for the last few years and we should be competing with them at least. They might be alright but we've gone backwards and shouldn't be making excuses for losing to them at home.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:07 - Feb 13 with 1487 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:02 - Feb 13 by Griffting

Oh don't get me wrong, no one turned in any sort of decent performance and it was a tough game to come into off the bench from our side playing the way we were. But, in fairness to the lad, he was the only one looking to run at defenders and open up some opportunities from our end. I like his direct nature and yes he certainly needs to work on his end product but I think he could be some player if he applies himself hard enough.

Agreed. An awful game to come on to. Barrow has promise and we should play to his strengths.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:09 - Feb 13 with 1487 viewsmorningstar

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:04 - Feb 13 by Dr_Winston

No Sousa team would have allowed that many free headers.

Ok, so we're a Sousa team that can't defend. Actually that's not far off the way it is! Scary stuff!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:19 - Feb 13 with 1424 viewsJackanapes

we always lose at home to Soton though. Its not a total disaster. It just feels like it.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:22 - Feb 13 with 1406 viewsJackanapes

I mean that side hasnt conceded a goal in 12 hours of football. If we can sneak a point in London..... no no no, Im giving myself hope again. Im supposed to be uncaring and resigned to relegation but I just cant help it......

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:24 - Feb 13 with 1392 viewslovejuicejack

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:03 - Feb 13 by airedale

I said this on the 92nd minute and got pelters off kulusbeatfactory for it!
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:25 - Feb 13 with 1396 viewsgiantstoneater

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 16:29 - Feb 13 by epaul

Unf*cking marked kin shocking

Marking was abysmal but Taylor should have closed his man down it was far too easy to get the cross in.
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:26 - Feb 13 with 1389 views3swan

There aren't many good teams in the Premier. If you get organizes and work for each other then mid table safety is a given.

We have lacked teamwork for most of the season, although we have seen a glimmer, but overall we don't have the luck because we don't make our luck
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:29 - Feb 13 with 1362 viewsNookiejack

Ash unfortunately cost us game - should have buried Siggy's freekick and switched off for their goal.

They probably deserved to win the game though. Has many more clear cut chances than us.

We still have averaging more than a point a game. Have beaten Man U at home, Everton away, drawn at Chelsea away - so are still competitive - but teams like Stoke, Soton, West Ham and Leicester have got a lot better than us. Add those to traditional top seven and that leaves us in a fight with 8 other teams. Even if we do stay up have become a bottom half team.

Hopefully Guidolin can make us more competitive the longer time he has to work with us.
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:35 - Feb 13 with 1324 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:29 - Feb 13 by Nookiejack

Ash unfortunately cost us game - should have buried Siggy's freekick and switched off for their goal.

They probably deserved to win the game though. Has many more clear cut chances than us.

We still have averaging more than a point a game. Have beaten Man U at home, Everton away, drawn at Chelsea away - so are still competitive - but teams like Stoke, Soton, West Ham and Leicester have got a lot better than us. Add those to traditional top seven and that leaves us in a fight with 8 other teams. Even if we do stay up have become a bottom half team.

Hopefully Guidolin can make us more competitive the longer time he has to work with us.

Guidolin does not seem to offer anything more than Curt did, in fact his results are worse.
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:48 - Feb 13 with 1262 viewsAl_Bundy

And on the bright side.. we could still have had Shelvey in this side
The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 19:10 - Feb 13 with 1176 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 12:23 - Feb 13 by monmouth

Not if you were happy it wasn't.

Shout loud boys and girls. I should be able to catch the second half on a stream hopefully. 2-0 Swans.

It was a free burger and drink (at Southampton's St. Mary's)!

Feeling miserable tonight Monny, and I haven't even been to McDonald's!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 19:38 - Feb 13 with 1050 viewsEdmundo

The Official Swansea City v Southampton FC Weekend/Matchday Thread on 18:19 - Feb 13 by Jackanapes

we always lose at home to Soton though. Its not a total disaster. It just feels like it.

They were 1 goal better than us all game
......FACT

We could still be there with a 5 man Southampton side and still not score

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024