Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players going on holidays.... 00:03 - Feb 14 with 12986 viewsyogibear_412

Little birdie told me that Taylor and his missus was off to Dubai after the game today till Thursday.

I don't have a problem with players getting family time but FFS not now when the team is struggling.
Players going on holidays.... on 14:02 - Feb 15 with 1704 viewslondonlisa2001

Players going on holidays.... on 13:52 - Feb 15 by jasper_T

I'm not talking about the chances of the national team. It's just an obvious and well-trod example of how a summer off (really only a few weeks before pre-season starts) and x games every y days isn't necessarily "enough".

They get more in other parts of the world, and it results in better performances.

Young athletes earning millions a year certainly aren't entitled to more time off, or need it to do their jobs, but it is one factor (of many) that makes for better results.

Players shouldn't be condemned for taking one week (out of the two) away from the daily mental and physical pressure of football. Punishing them with even more work after a poor performance isn't going to help.

I'm not talking about punishing them after a poor result in the slightest. I'm talking about taking advantage of our only 'week off' to work on new tactics and new ideas because we have changed manager part way through a season.

It's an opportunity that won't be repeated so once gone is lost to us.

And for clarity, I'm not criticising the players, I'm criticising the club for not having the foresight to use this time wisely. It's not up to the players.
Players going on holidays.... on 14:08 - Feb 15 with 1695 viewsjasper_T

Hindsight is clearer than foresight, perhaps we should wait to see the results of how the club has chosen to use this time before condemning it.

Letting the players go away isn't a failure to use this time to our advantage, it's one of many potentially beneficial uses.
Players going on holidays.... on 14:17 - Feb 15 with 1679 viewslondonlisa2001

Players going on holidays.... on 14:08 - Feb 15 by jasper_T

Hindsight is clearer than foresight, perhaps we should wait to see the results of how the club has chosen to use this time before condemning it.

Letting the players go away isn't a failure to use this time to our advantage, it's one of many potentially beneficial uses.

Won't be able to tell one way or the other. If we stay up which obviously we all hope we do, this decision won't be vindicated anymore than if we go down we can say it was causal.

My honest opinion is that we won't have considered it to the extent that is being discussed on here.

I genuinely believe that we (by which I mean the club) don't think we'll go down - see Ashley Williams' comments again today. I think the club will be utterly gobsmacked if we go down. The sense of surprise there was around our difficulties in finding a new manager showed that we are seeing this as a blip along the 'form is temporary, class is permanent' type lines. In all honesty, I think I felt like that as well really until Saturday, when I actually for the first time, really thought we are in very serious trouble.
Players going on holidays.... on 14:25 - Feb 15 with 1668 viewsmonmouth

Players going on holidays.... on 14:17 - Feb 15 by londonlisa2001

Won't be able to tell one way or the other. If we stay up which obviously we all hope we do, this decision won't be vindicated anymore than if we go down we can say it was causal.

My honest opinion is that we won't have considered it to the extent that is being discussed on here.

I genuinely believe that we (by which I mean the club) don't think we'll go down - see Ashley Williams' comments again today. I think the club will be utterly gobsmacked if we go down. The sense of surprise there was around our difficulties in finding a new manager showed that we are seeing this as a blip along the 'form is temporary, class is permanent' type lines. In all honesty, I think I felt like that as well really until Saturday, when I actually for the first time, really thought we are in very serious trouble.

Aye, problem with (mixed metaphor alert) playing with fire on the edge of the abyss whilst the Board and players fiddle happily is that a couple of results do you in. Until Saturday, I would have put money on WBA going before us but one dead ball and 34 Everton missed shots later and they're stretching out of easy reach. If we carry on with any complacent crap we'll be in the bottom 3 before you can say 'March'.

The players have shown nothing to suggest that they can handle the pressure of 3 'must win' games in a row.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Players going on holidays.... on 14:35 - Feb 15 with 1653 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Players going on holidays.... on 14:25 - Feb 15 by monmouth

Aye, problem with (mixed metaphor alert) playing with fire on the edge of the abyss whilst the Board and players fiddle happily is that a couple of results do you in. Until Saturday, I would have put money on WBA going before us but one dead ball and 34 Everton missed shots later and they're stretching out of easy reach. If we carry on with any complacent crap we'll be in the bottom 3 before you can say 'March'.

The players have shown nothing to suggest that they can handle the pressure of 3 'must win' games in a row.

Make no bones about it , I'll be amazed if we stay up .

Having a 3-4 day break won't decide either way .

We are not playing for 2 weeks .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Players going on holidays.... on 15:05 - Feb 15 with 1637 viewsLoyal

Many respected forum members and fans away from here are now fearing the worst, and this is very much based in what we see, no lack of positivity, just an unnerving sense of doom based on the players attitude and commitment,

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Players going on holidays.... on 15:22 - Feb 15 with 1621 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Players going on holidays.... on 15:05 - Feb 15 by Loyal

Many respected forum members and fans away from here are now fearing the worst, and this is very much based in what we see, no lack of positivity, just an unnerving sense of doom based on the players attitude and commitment,

Indeed
Although I disagree a bit ,the commitment is there , they ain't shirking it , it's just that we are'nt very good .

That comes down to this years coaching & tactics , the players follow orders off the coaching staff .

It's failed so far .
[Post edited 15 Feb 2016 21:16]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Players going on holidays.... on 15:58 - Feb 15 with 1593 viewsJordan

Players going on holidays.... on 10:23 - Feb 15 by legoman

Completely different ball game when you're earning £25K or more per week. If a plc was in the mire do you think the CEO would disappear for a holiday?

This group yet again give the impression that they are not bothered about the club so long as their bank balances stay healthy. No motivation, no stomach for a fight. Dang my eyes, it makes me sick.

Yes CEO's often go on holiday when sh*t hits the fan, even bloody David Cameron has done it and he runs a f*cking country.
Login to get fewer ads

Players going on holidays.... on 17:48 - Feb 15 with 1548 viewslondonlisa2001

Players going on holidays.... on 15:58 - Feb 15 by Jordan

Yes CEO's often go on holiday when sh*t hits the fan, even bloody David Cameron has done it and he runs a f*cking country.

CEOs who actually go on holiday when the sh*t hits the fan will usually find their holiday to be one of indeterminate length. However, for some jobs, having full phone and email access and being able to be 'at work' is as possible in the office or out of the office. Playing football isn't one of those jobs.
Players going on holidays.... on 20:55 - Feb 15 with 1482 viewsRevJames

Players going on holidays.... on 13:51 - Feb 15 by oh_tommy_tommy

Great post .

Refresh & replenish , mentally & physically .

Only professional sports people would understand this .

3 or 4 days at Sennybridge might help generate some real team bonding, an appreciation of how fortunate they are as players and toughen them up for arguably the most important 3 months in the club's history
Players going on holidays.... on 20:59 - Feb 15 with 1466 viewsmidswan

Players going on holidays.... on 15:22 - Feb 15 by oh_tommy_tommy

Indeed
Although I disagree a bit ,the commitment is there , they ain't shirking it , it's just that we are'nt very good .

That comes down to this years coaching & tactics , the players follow orders off the coaching staff .

It's failed so far .
[Post edited 15 Feb 2016 21:16]

hard to disagree.......so i wont !
Players going on holidays.... on 16:46 - Feb 16 with 1373 viewsJACKARSE

What the rest of the PL league are doing ........

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10169826/sunderland-newcastle-liver
Players going on holidays.... on 16:53 - Feb 16 with 1359 viewslondonlisa2001

Players going on holidays.... on 16:46 - Feb 16 by JACKARSE

What the rest of the PL league are doing ........

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10169826/sunderland-newcastle-liver

Terrific - that's made me feel a whole lot better !!

So our rivals are all on training camps or organised squad trips of one type or another, apart from Villa. Just marvellous.
Players going on holidays.... on 17:04 - Feb 16 with 1336 viewsJACKARSE

Players going on holidays.... on 16:53 - Feb 16 by londonlisa2001

Terrific - that's made me feel a whole lot better !!

So our rivals are all on training camps or organised squad trips of one type or another, apart from Villa. Just marvellous.

Yep warm weather training as a group, which I think is a good thing both mentally and physically .... I guess the good thing with Swans is the players are only getting 4 days off and back in training on Thursday and then he'll have 10 days with them. Spurs hopefully will be knackered when we play them with games against Fiorentina home and away and Palace.
Players going on holidays.... on 17:08 - Feb 16 with 1326 viewsmonmouth

It has cheered me up that Newcastle are spending a week with McClaren. They will come back worse, and who knows, Shelvey might implode. I'm also happier that Guidolin will have them from Thursday and over a non playing weekend. I think this might turn out ok. Sunderland players are also going on holiday, just a school trip organised by the club without anything organised.. maybe they'll bond, maybe they'll get drunk and fight.....

Bring on the next games. I'm bored already.

Players going on holidays.... on 17:17 - Feb 16 with 1304 viewslondonlisa2001

Players going on holidays.... on 17:08 - Feb 16 by monmouth

It has cheered me up that Newcastle are spending a week with McClaren. They will come back worse, and who knows, Shelvey might implode. I'm also happier that Guidolin will have them from Thursday and over a non playing weekend. I think this might turn out ok. Sunderland players are also going on holiday, just a school trip organised by the club without anything organised.. maybe they'll bond, maybe they'll get drunk and fight.....

Bring on the next games. I'm bored already.

Not sure it says anywhere that ours are training over a weekend. Could be training on Thursday and Friday then back to normal next week. Unlikely they'll train for 10 days surely.
Players going on holidays.... on 17:49 - Feb 16 with 1274 viewsLoyal

There's little information about to calm down supporters, or any indications of things underway to fight our way out of relegation. It's very gloomy.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Players going on holidays.... on 17:53 - Feb 16 with 1271 viewstomdickharry

Any employee must be given permission by his/her employers to take a holiday,therefore,any of our players who have left for sunnier climes have the permission of the club,in short Guidolin,Curt,HJ and the board are happy they have gone,lets all remember we are on the outside looking in and have no idea about employee holiday arrangements.
Players going on holidays.... on 18:00 - Feb 16 with 1267 viewslondonlisa2001

Players going on holidays.... on 17:53 - Feb 16 by tomdickharry

Any employee must be given permission by his/her employers to take a holiday,therefore,any of our players who have left for sunnier climes have the permission of the club,in short Guidolin,Curt,HJ and the board are happy they have gone,lets all remember we are on the outside looking in and have no idea about employee holiday arrangements.

I've always said on this I disagree with the club not the players.
Players going on holidays.... on 18:04 - Feb 16 with 1259 viewsmonmouth

Players going on holidays.... on 17:17 - Feb 16 by londonlisa2001

Not sure it says anywhere that ours are training over a weekend. Could be training on Thursday and Friday then back to normal next week. Unlikely they'll train for 10 days surely.

True, but surely they won't just be let away for the weekend when they would normally have a game? Just after coming back from a 'well earned' sunshine break. I'd hope he has Thurs Fri Sat and then back to normal. Nothing would surprise me though.

Players going on holidays.... on 19:00 - Feb 16 with 1221 viewstomdickharry

Players going on holidays.... on 18:00 - Feb 16 by londonlisa2001

I've always said on this I disagree with the club not the players.

Exactly.
Players going on holidays.... on 20:16 - Feb 16 with 1179 viewsjasper_T

Players going on holidays.... on 18:04 - Feb 16 by monmouth

True, but surely they won't just be let away for the weekend when they would normally have a game? Just after coming back from a 'well earned' sunshine break. I'd hope he has Thurs Fri Sat and then back to normal. Nothing would surprise me though.

A break doesn't have to be "well-earned". It can also be beneficial.
Players going on holidays.... on 20:45 - Feb 16 with 1152 viewsplasjack

Players going on holidays.... on 20:16 - Feb 16 by jasper_T

A break doesn't have to be "well-earned". It can also be beneficial.

If we train for six days and have a competitive game and lose, give me the alternative of winning a game and minimum training what would you prefer?.
Players going on holidays.... on 23:41 - Feb 16 with 1065 viewsBanosswan

Hmmm, a lot of hysteria on this thread. Leicester have the week off, if they don't win the league this'll be the reason, if they do, this'll have helped.

Sometimes, especially when you're in the deep doodoo, a break away from certain individuals will help. It would be ridiculous for us to assume everyone on the payroll (players and staff) get on like a house on fire, but a rest with family and friends can reset your tolerance levels. Hell, maybe even dwelling on the 'new' tactics in a relaxing environment will allow players to come to terms and understand the meanings behind them.

But it's all make believe.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Players going on holidays.... on 23:43 - Feb 16 with 1060 viewsDarran

Players going on holidays.... on 23:41 - Feb 16 by Banosswan

Hmmm, a lot of hysteria on this thread. Leicester have the week off, if they don't win the league this'll be the reason, if they do, this'll have helped.

Sometimes, especially when you're in the deep doodoo, a break away from certain individuals will help. It would be ridiculous for us to assume everyone on the payroll (players and staff) get on like a house on fire, but a rest with family and friends can reset your tolerance levels. Hell, maybe even dwelling on the 'new' tactics in a relaxing environment will allow players to come to terms and understand the meanings behind them.

But it's all make believe.

Greet post knob chops.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024