Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players going on holidays.... 00:03 - Feb 14 with 13071 viewsyogibear_412

Little birdie told me that Taylor and his missus was off to Dubai after the game today till Thursday.

I don't have a problem with players getting family time but FFS not now when the team is struggling.
Players going on holidays.... on 17:34 - Feb 14 with 1648 viewslondonlisa2001

Players going on holidays.... on 17:25 - Feb 14 by oh_tommy_tommy

When you need a break lisa do you take a couple of days off to rest & get your back in order .?

There are periods in the past where I've desperately needed a break Tommy but was just unable to take one due to work pressures. You work through it - that's what you get paid for. You actually find that your ability to gain relaxation from tiny breaks gets better and better.

And at that time I was working 12 or so hours a day and for 6 or 7 days a week (less hours at the weekend in fairness). I did it for many years - I'm relaxing and taking my break now instead - such is the way of the world. Footballers have at least two days off every week and most days only work about 3 hours anyway. It's not comparable.

They only work until they're in their mid thirties anyway if that. I found that my capacity to recuperate dropped off once I hit about 43 or 44 at which point I packed it in. But that was 10 years older than them.
Players going on holidays.... on 17:41 - Feb 14 with 1633 viewsjasper_T

Players going on holidays.... on 17:34 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

There are periods in the past where I've desperately needed a break Tommy but was just unable to take one due to work pressures. You work through it - that's what you get paid for. You actually find that your ability to gain relaxation from tiny breaks gets better and better.

And at that time I was working 12 or so hours a day and for 6 or 7 days a week (less hours at the weekend in fairness). I did it for many years - I'm relaxing and taking my break now instead - such is the way of the world. Footballers have at least two days off every week and most days only work about 3 hours anyway. It's not comparable.

They only work until they're in their mid thirties anyway if that. I found that my capacity to recuperate dropped off once I hit about 43 or 44 at which point I packed it in. But that was 10 years older than them.

Yeah, because your experience is comparable to those of professional athletes in one of the most competitive competitions in the world.

Any player could easily play 3 games a week with no rest. But they'd get beaten handily by anyone that played only once. See Laudrup's last season.
Players going on holidays.... on 17:48 - Feb 14 with 1623 viewslondonlisa2001

Players going on holidays.... on 17:41 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

Yeah, because your experience is comparable to those of professional athletes in one of the most competitive competitions in the world.

Any player could easily play 3 games a week with no rest. But they'd get beaten handily by anyone that played only once. See Laudrup's last season.

Tommy asked me what my experience was so I answered. I didn't say it was comparable although mental exertion is at least as stressful on the body as physical exertion as it happens.

There's no need to be snippy just because you have a different view.
Players going on holidays.... on 17:51 - Feb 14 with 1610 viewsjasper_T

"They only work until they're in their mid thirties anyway if that. I found that my capacity to recuperate dropped off once I hit about 43 or 44 at which point I packed it in. But that was 10 years older than them."

You're not drawing comparisons there, then?
Players going on holidays.... on 18:00 - Feb 14 with 1599 viewslondonlisa2001

Players going on holidays.... on 17:51 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

"They only work until they're in their mid thirties anyway if that. I found that my capacity to recuperate dropped off once I hit about 43 or 44 at which point I packed it in. But that was 10 years older than them."

You're not drawing comparisons there, then?

On that specific point yes as the body's ability to recuperate falls at a certain age - i made the point that my ability to recuperate dropped at about 43 ish but that they are ten years younger than that. I wasn't suggesting that they could play until they were 43 as it is a different type of recuperation needed. But it was you that pointed out that mental fatigue was as if not more important - they don't have different mental fatigue than anyone else so on that aspect it is comparable.

Look, I don't understand quite what your problem is - you think they should go on holiday, I don't. I was asked about recuperation for me and answered it - you then decided to get arsey about it. I didn't until I was specifically asked make any points about my experience compared to theirs.

Edited to add - I meant to say that our history of results after a break is absolutely dreadful which doesn't fill me with hope for this one. It doesn't so much appear that they come back refreshed as half asleep.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2016 18:03]
Players going on holidays.... on 18:03 - Feb 14 with 1591 viewsSwaneeRiver

Players going on holidays.... on 09:24 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

Everyone's allowed their annual leave. Probably booked it yonks ago, too late to cancel now.

Yes because he knew we'd be out of the FA Cup didn't he ?
Players going on holidays.... on 18:13 - Feb 14 with 1582 viewsjasper_T

Players going on holidays.... on 18:03 - Feb 14 by SwaneeRiver

Yes because he knew we'd be out of the FA Cup didn't he ?

Probably assumed that new French lad would be playing in it.
Players going on holidays.... on 18:47 - Feb 14 with 1535 viewsdougie

Players going on holidays.... on 18:00 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

On that specific point yes as the body's ability to recuperate falls at a certain age - i made the point that my ability to recuperate dropped at about 43 ish but that they are ten years younger than that. I wasn't suggesting that they could play until they were 43 as it is a different type of recuperation needed. But it was you that pointed out that mental fatigue was as if not more important - they don't have different mental fatigue than anyone else so on that aspect it is comparable.

Look, I don't understand quite what your problem is - you think they should go on holiday, I don't. I was asked about recuperation for me and answered it - you then decided to get arsey about it. I didn't until I was specifically asked make any points about my experience compared to theirs.

Edited to add - I meant to say that our history of results after a break is absolutely dreadful which doesn't fill me with hope for this one. It doesn't so much appear that they come back refreshed as half asleep.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2016 18:03]

I am with lisa on this. They have enough time off in the summer, if not internationals then breaks during the season as well. They train for a few hours a day and have at least 2 days off a week. I beleive under monk it was 3 sometimes. Even if not training full on they should be together as a group at this crucial stage.

You will also find more than one has jetted off. Jet lag will be blamed when we lose.
Login to get fewer ads

Players going on holidays.... on 19:17 - Feb 14 with 1509 viewsLoyal

Players going on holidays.... on 16:45 - Feb 14 by Jordan

F*ck me, some people eh?

How would you feel if your boss told you couldn't have your annual leave because there is too much work to do? Bet you'd be happy to stay wouldn't you? Get a grip.

The club only have a spare week due to their complete lack of ability and care at Oxford.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Players going on holidays.... on 20:09 - Feb 14 with 1461 viewsmonmouth

Players going on holidays.... on 18:13 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

Probably assumed that new French lad would be playing in it.

Aye and he wouldn't be on the bench. Stop digging maybe?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Players going on holidays.... on 22:20 - Feb 14 with 1387 viewsJackUlation

From a very good source--Tayls is meeting up with Chico for discussions regarding playing there.

( Factotem)
Players going on holidays.... on 01:24 - Feb 15 with 1335 viewsKingstonJack

JackUlation is probably onto something there.

I'm in Dubai having left London midday Sunday 14 and arrived midnight local.
I'm leaving Tuesday morning back in London Tuesday afternoon.
I'll be here 30 hours including 2 nights sleep.

Flight down 6 hours, local time difference 4 hours, expect flight back 7 hours.
Add M4, long haul security and baggage time, immigration and transfer at the other end and my money is on Taylor coming on a business trip & bringing the Mrs rather than all that hassle for only 3 days at 24c "on holiday".

Plot thickens....
[Post edited 15 Feb 2016 1:27]
Players going on holidays.... on 02:32 - Feb 15 with 1318 viewsLoyal

Players going on holidays.... on 01:24 - Feb 15 by KingstonJack

JackUlation is probably onto something there.

I'm in Dubai having left London midday Sunday 14 and arrived midnight local.
I'm leaving Tuesday morning back in London Tuesday afternoon.
I'll be here 30 hours including 2 nights sleep.

Flight down 6 hours, local time difference 4 hours, expect flight back 7 hours.
Add M4, long haul security and baggage time, immigration and transfer at the other end and my money is on Taylor coming on a business trip & bringing the Mrs rather than all that hassle for only 3 days at 24c "on holiday".

Plot thickens....
[Post edited 15 Feb 2016 1:27]

Apparently he headed east from Swansea to Heathrow at 8pm last night and was last seen in Whitland this morning.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Players going on holidays.... on 08:45 - Feb 15 with 1247 viewsClinton

Players going on holidays.... on 22:20 - Feb 14 by JackUlation

From a very good source--Tayls is meeting up with Chico for discussions regarding playing there.

( Factotem)

Can he bring Chico back in his suitcase ?
We could do with a decent centre half and a bit of ebulliance around the place.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Players going on holidays.... on 10:23 - Feb 15 with 1209 viewslegoman

Players going on holidays.... on 16:45 - Feb 14 by Jordan

F*ck me, some people eh?

How would you feel if your boss told you couldn't have your annual leave because there is too much work to do? Bet you'd be happy to stay wouldn't you? Get a grip.

Completely different ball game when you're earning £25K or more per week. If a plc was in the mire do you think the CEO would disappear for a holiday?

This group yet again give the impression that they are not bothered about the club so long as their bank balances stay healthy. No motivation, no stomach for a fight. Dang my eyes, it makes me sick.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Players going on holidays.... on 10:23 - Feb 15 with 1209 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Players going on holidays.... on 10:03 - Feb 14 by AngelRangelQS

Personally I don't think that they should be off on holidays when we are struggling so badly

Me too,

It's not as if they have been saving all year to go away

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Players going on holidays.... on 10:38 - Feb 15 with 1199 viewsbathgatejack

Players going on holidays.... on 10:23 - Feb 15 by PatchesOHoulihan

Me too,

It's not as if they have been saving all year to go away

he should take a ball with him and practice his crossing. he is fukin pants
Players going on holidays.... on 10:53 - Feb 15 with 1184 viewsicecoldjack

I've never seen Taylor give less than 100% when playing for us, if he is having a break,like many others, then so be it, just support the boys on the field !

they are doing the same thing now as they have always done, people looking for a stick to beat the players with when a lot of the present problems are because of previous management and board room decisions .

I'm sure when Taylor plays next he will give 100% as usual, the fact people expect him to play like Roberto Carlos is a separate issue, not his fault he is expected to defend like a vintage Ashley Cole and attack like a Madrid legend !

Give the lad a break .

Holiday for the players? So what, the club obviously have no problem with it and nor should we IMO.
Players going on holidays.... on 11:23 - Feb 15 with 1164 viewsjasper_T

Players going on holidays.... on 18:47 - Feb 14 by dougie

I am with lisa on this. They have enough time off in the summer, if not internationals then breaks during the season as well. They train for a few hours a day and have at least 2 days off a week. I beleive under monk it was 3 sometimes. Even if not training full on they should be together as a group at this crucial stage.

You will also find more than one has jetted off. Jet lag will be blamed when we lose.

Maybe you'll reconsider this stance after the British sides struggle in another summer tournament compared to the nations that have a long winter break.

Clearly the Premier League schedule isn't "enough time off" when peak performance can be maintained longer by continental clubs that get more.
Players going on holidays.... on 11:26 - Feb 15 with 1162 viewsJack_Kass

Probably didn't have to pay for a seat, because he's class at just sitting out on the wing.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Players going on holidays.... on 12:18 - Feb 15 with 1116 viewsOldjack

Players going on holidays.... on 09:24 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

Everyone's allowed their annual leave. Probably booked it yonks ago, too late to cancel now.

They get an annual leave when the season finishes .There's serious work to be done atm. I'M NOT HAPPY

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Players going on holidays.... on 12:37 - Feb 15 with 1096 viewsdougie

Players going on holidays.... on 11:23 - Feb 15 by jasper_T

Maybe you'll reconsider this stance after the British sides struggle in another summer tournament compared to the nations that have a long winter break.

Clearly the Premier League schedule isn't "enough time off" when peak performance can be maintained longer by continental clubs that get more.

I doubt i will.

We aren't playing continental sides in the next 12 games. We are playing against other premier league sides. I wonder how many of the clubs in and around us have players disappearing off for a 3/4 day break ? I stand by what i said before. They should be together as a group at this crucial stage. If that means going away for some warm weather light training as a group then ok. I do not think, at this stage that they should just have 3 or 4 days off.
Players going on holidays.... on 13:41 - Feb 15 with 1054 viewslondonlisa2001

Players going on holidays.... on 11:23 - Feb 15 by jasper_T

Firstly it may be an unpopular view but I don't care one iota about the fate of the British sides - my only interest is in the Welsh team.

And even then, while I am very pleased that Wales have qualified I'm afraid that if it comes down to a choice between our players being in peak condition for our remaining games at the expense of being knackered for the Wales games then so be it.

Also virtually all of the Welsh squad will be playing this week so the fact that Taylor and Ash have a few days off will make no difference to our chances.
Players going on holidays.... on 13:51 - Feb 15 with 1042 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Players going on holidays.... on 10:53 - Feb 15 by icecoldjack

I've never seen Taylor give less than 100% when playing for us, if he is having a break,like many others, then so be it, just support the boys on the field !

they are doing the same thing now as they have always done, people looking for a stick to beat the players with when a lot of the present problems are because of previous management and board room decisions .

I'm sure when Taylor plays next he will give 100% as usual, the fact people expect him to play like Roberto Carlos is a separate issue, not his fault he is expected to defend like a vintage Ashley Cole and attack like a Madrid legend !

Give the lad a break .

Holiday for the players? So what, the club obviously have no problem with it and nor should we IMO.

Great post .

Refresh & replenish , mentally & physically .

Only professional sports people would understand this .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Players going on holidays.... on 13:52 - Feb 15 with 1042 viewsjasper_T

I'm not talking about the chances of the national team. It's just an obvious and well-trod example of how a summer off (really only a few weeks before pre-season starts) and x games every y days isn't necessarily "enough".

They get more in other parts of the world, and it results in better performances.

Young athletes earning millions a year certainly aren't entitled to more time off, or need it to do their jobs, but it is one factor (of many) that makes for better results.

Players shouldn't be condemned for taking one week (out of the two) away from the daily mental and physical pressure of football. Punishing them with even more work after a poor performance isn't going to help.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024