Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? 20:50 - Mar 7 with 63287 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:59 - Apr 10 with 1933 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 12:27 - Apr 9 by nice_to_michu

A lot of your disquiet is about the disparity in investment between the south east and the rest of Wales, and you often reference the £1bn spent on a SE metro, for example.

Given that most of that money was either matched by the EU or loaned to the 10 local authorities by the UK government, the fact that it is a project guided by the Welsh Government can only be a good thing? It's fairly obvious that there is a need to solve transport issues in the SE, and in fairness to the UK government, they recognised that and allowed the Welsh Government to implement the project as transport is a devolved power.

It's equally obvious that a metro system like the one proposed for the SE is not as viable in a less densely populated SW or NW. So I genuinely cannot see the issue here. Looking at the breakdown of costs, there are 10 local authorities loaning money from the UK government for this project. By contrast, there are four local authorities in the Swansea Bay region-area, so it's clear that we wouldn't be able to access the same resources. Projects such as the SE metro may take place in the "Cardiff City-region" or whatever it's called, but you have to acknowledge there are ten local authorities involved in that, all of which pool together for development projects.

More money is spent per head on transport in the North than the South of Wales as well.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2016 12:54]

You seem to overlook that this is the tip of the iceberg. I won't repeat myself and mention all the fantastic developments they've already created in Cardiff, during which time we've had diddly squat, but that really is the crux of the issue. Yes, transport does need sorting in the south east, but it also does in the south west. Buses in Swansea are (depending where you live) irregular and expensive, driving to Swansea is a nightmare because it's only 2 lanes from Port Talbot and even worse since the average speed cameras. Driving into Swansea at rush hour can take ages which can only be harmful to investment and attracting visitors. We're already far away from places, we need access as easy as possible.

As I said, it's not just the transport, it's the magnitude of other things they have built there and, in refusing to invest in Swansea, you can draw a direct correlation between devolution, Cardiff becoming a semi-City state, and Swansea declining as a result because Cardiff attracts all the finance, shoppers, jobs etc from the rest of Wales. Clearly we'll never agree on this, and as i mentioned, you can take considerable comfort from knowing that unless hell freezes over, we'll have a Labour government at the end of this. However, I really do feel that it will be to the detriment of our city, as we commit to another 5 years of the WAG spending big money on big infrastructure projects in Cardiff, our city centre regeneration plans and city deal potentially stalls (again) because we're relying solely on private funding, and the WAG continues using its financial assistance to encourage businesses to open up in their capital. I really do worry for the future of our city and for people who want to stay here and do well, but have to move away for a well paid job.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:02 - Apr 10 with 1930 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 18:43 - Apr 9 by johnlangy

Clive Lloyd's letter was published around 24th/25th March (I've got the letter page but without the date showing).

Cheers, mate. Can you give me the email address again please? I've tried finding it in this thread but it's 18 pages now and I've lost it...

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:44 - Apr 10 with 1904 viewsWingstandwood

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:59 - Apr 10 by CopperJack

You seem to overlook that this is the tip of the iceberg. I won't repeat myself and mention all the fantastic developments they've already created in Cardiff, during which time we've had diddly squat, but that really is the crux of the issue. Yes, transport does need sorting in the south east, but it also does in the south west. Buses in Swansea are (depending where you live) irregular and expensive, driving to Swansea is a nightmare because it's only 2 lanes from Port Talbot and even worse since the average speed cameras. Driving into Swansea at rush hour can take ages which can only be harmful to investment and attracting visitors. We're already far away from places, we need access as easy as possible.

As I said, it's not just the transport, it's the magnitude of other things they have built there and, in refusing to invest in Swansea, you can draw a direct correlation between devolution, Cardiff becoming a semi-City state, and Swansea declining as a result because Cardiff attracts all the finance, shoppers, jobs etc from the rest of Wales. Clearly we'll never agree on this, and as i mentioned, you can take considerable comfort from knowing that unless hell freezes over, we'll have a Labour government at the end of this. However, I really do feel that it will be to the detriment of our city, as we commit to another 5 years of the WAG spending big money on big infrastructure projects in Cardiff, our city centre regeneration plans and city deal potentially stalls (again) because we're relying solely on private funding, and the WAG continues using its financial assistance to encourage businesses to open up in their capital. I really do worry for the future of our city and for people who want to stay here and do well, but have to move away for a well paid job.

Your thoughts/post "our city centre regeneration plans and city deal potentially stalls (again)". They don't call Swansea 'a-city-of-artists-impressions' for nothing! You can add one thing after another.......Remember the much hailed/heralded replacement for the Quadrant?.....What a fine artists impression that was.......And?.......That's all it f#cking was!..... I saw the magnificent 'artists-impression' of the lagoon-project in the SWEP and the first thing that came into my cynical-time-worn-mind? "Here we f#cking go again."

Argus!

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 08:56 - Apr 11 with 1877 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:44 - Apr 10 by Wingstandwood

Your thoughts/post "our city centre regeneration plans and city deal potentially stalls (again)". They don't call Swansea 'a-city-of-artists-impressions' for nothing! You can add one thing after another.......Remember the much hailed/heralded replacement for the Quadrant?.....What a fine artists impression that was.......And?.......That's all it f#cking was!..... I saw the magnificent 'artists-impression' of the lagoon-project in the SWEP and the first thing that came into my cynical-time-worn-mind? "Here we f#cking go again."

I know, we always have plans, but because we never have any public investment, they always stall. This will continue happening under Labour. At the moment, Swansea as a city isn't an overly attractive proposition to invest in, somewhat like Cardiff 20 years ago. We need the private investment to help encourage businesses here until, hopefully, private enterprise can be attracted on its own. But at the moment, without that public investment, I see more of the same for Swansea under Labour.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:33 - Apr 11 with 1862 viewsjohnlangy

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:02 - Apr 10 by CopperJack

Cheers, mate. Can you give me the email address again please? I've tried finding it in this thread but it's 18 pages now and I've lost it...

No problem - postbox@swwmedia.co.uk
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:19 - Apr 11 with 1820 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ask The Leader from Swansea Waterfront Museum tonight.
Did anyone see it?.
Firstly why was the elderly lady allowed to not even ask a question and merely brown nose RTD and Cameron? Fine if you have a programme that is a couple of hours long but this was 30 mins.
Secondly I noticed that every questioner had the right of a response. Bethan Rhys Roberts was actually coming in with a few responses of her own and often asked the audience member if they felt they had had an answer.
However when a gentleman raised the question about all the investment in Cardiff,and what RTD had to offer to reassure the rest of Wales they would get similar, it seemed the rule book went out the window. The question was asked. Applause started from the audience to which BRR interrupted very quickly to get RTD in. All he mentioned was the need for transport infastructure to bring investment and highlighted the dualling of the A40. BRR then very quickly moved on to the next question. No further response was given to the questioner and no further response from BRR.
I wanted to check the interviewers name before doing this post so I went on line to check only to find that the session had already been summarised and the Cardiff question not even listed in the summary along with the others.
This program highlighted for me the nature of the Cardiff based and biased media that we have to put up with.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2016 20:23]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:42 - Apr 12 with 1771 viewsPrivate_Partz

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:19 - Apr 11 by Private_Partz

Ask The Leader from Swansea Waterfront Museum tonight.
Did anyone see it?.
Firstly why was the elderly lady allowed to not even ask a question and merely brown nose RTD and Cameron? Fine if you have a programme that is a couple of hours long but this was 30 mins.
Secondly I noticed that every questioner had the right of a response. Bethan Rhys Roberts was actually coming in with a few responses of her own and often asked the audience member if they felt they had had an answer.
However when a gentleman raised the question about all the investment in Cardiff,and what RTD had to offer to reassure the rest of Wales they would get similar, it seemed the rule book went out the window. The question was asked. Applause started from the audience to which BRR interrupted very quickly to get RTD in. All he mentioned was the need for transport infastructure to bring investment and highlighted the dualling of the A40. BRR then very quickly moved on to the next question. No further response was given to the questioner and no further response from BRR.
I wanted to check the interviewers name before doing this post so I went on line to check only to find that the session had already been summarised and the Cardiff question not even listed in the summary along with the others.
This program highlighted for me the nature of the Cardiff based and biased media that we have to put up with.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2016 20:23]

Well I will carry on ploughing my lonely furrow (I appreciate that many of our thoughts are elsewhere :-)).
Tonight it was UKIPs turn. No Cardiff centric queries tonight surprise, surprise. I suspect RTD's quick response and BRR's swift move on will see the last of that.
We had another quick move on by Bethan tonight however when one of the audience asked why it was UKIP were being asked questions in relation to subjects that had no bearing on the WAG elections. The audience menber described it as a 'poor show'. BRR swept that one under the carpet PDQ.
I was encouraged to see that even UKIP does not agree with the most expensive Brynglas options and would opt for a cheaper one and then use the money in the A 55. Still I would not touch em with a barge pole.
Strangely again we had a lady in pink this time given two bites if the cherry when her second point was just to brown nose the UKIP leader.
The Cardiff media came over as more incompetent tonight rather than biased although the latter still applied y totally ignoring the question on redistribution on wealth across Wales.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:23 - Apr 12 with 1763 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:42 - Apr 12 by Private_Partz

Well I will carry on ploughing my lonely furrow (I appreciate that many of our thoughts are elsewhere :-)).
Tonight it was UKIPs turn. No Cardiff centric queries tonight surprise, surprise. I suspect RTD's quick response and BRR's swift move on will see the last of that.
We had another quick move on by Bethan tonight however when one of the audience asked why it was UKIP were being asked questions in relation to subjects that had no bearing on the WAG elections. The audience menber described it as a 'poor show'. BRR swept that one under the carpet PDQ.
I was encouraged to see that even UKIP does not agree with the most expensive Brynglas options and would opt for a cheaper one and then use the money in the A 55. Still I would not touch em with a barge pole.
Strangely again we had a lady in pink this time given two bites if the cherry when her second point was just to brown nose the UKIP leader.
The Cardiff media came over as more incompetent tonight rather than biased although the latter still applied y totally ignoring the question on redistribution on wealth across Wales.

I didn't see the show tonight, maybe it's on catch-up on demand?

Anywho, when you refer to the two options on the roads, it's not like the WAG prefers one option because it's more expensive, the other option is considerably flawed, not least the fact that it traverses areas that apparently require protection from being built upon.
Login to get fewer ads

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:34 - Apr 12 with 1755 viewsPrivate_Partz

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:23 - Apr 12 by nice_to_michu

I didn't see the show tonight, maybe it's on catch-up on demand?

Anywho, when you refer to the two options on the roads, it's not like the WAG prefers one option because it's more expensive, the other option is considerably flawed, not least the fact that it traverses areas that apparently require protection from being built upon.

No they prefer the option because the spent shed loads on buying land to facilitate the project. There us an even cheaper option as well. Do nothing and Develope the existing roads that circumnavigate the tunnels.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:06 - Apr 13 with 1720 viewsCopperJack

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Welsh-Assembly-candidates-going-head-hea

Anyone attending this? Chance to ask Julie James why the WAG aren't backing our city deal and our city centre regeneration plans with money...only words.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 17:52 - Apr 13 with 1694 viewsCopperJack

Anyone going to this event tonight?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 18:12 - Apr 13 with 1689 viewsjohnlangy

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 17:52 - Apr 13 by CopperJack

Anyone going to this event tonight?

Not me I'm afraid.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:53 - Apr 13 with 1681 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 18:12 - Apr 13 by johnlangy

Not me I'm afraid.

No questions so far on investment http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Live-updates-Swansea-Bay-Assembly-hustin

Never understand why people just accept the status quo like its divine right that Cardiff gets the investment, jobs and wealth.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 22:00 - Apr 13 with 1653 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:53 - Apr 13 by CopperJack

No questions so far on investment http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Live-updates-Swansea-Bay-Assembly-hustin

Never understand why people just accept the status quo like its divine right that Cardiff gets the investment, jobs and wealth.

.....because they believe that Labour is the best option for the country
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 22:27 - Apr 13 with 1640 viewsPrivate_Partz

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:53 - Apr 13 by CopperJack

Indeed although there were questions to the politicians about how they intended to invest in Wales. Seems they were given an easy ride though.
Did anyone see Ask the Leader tonight?
Surprisingly this one came from Aberystwyth. I thought Swansea had the gig for the week. It was Kirsty of the Lib Dems who was on the podium tonight.
I thought it was by far the best of the three as they actually dealt with local issues. Such a shame that was not done in the Swansea broadcasts.
There were two questions about a lack of investment and indeed government for the rest of Wales but the questioners highlighted this as a North / South divide so Swansea is seen as an investment gobbler as well it seems. The first question was met with rapturous applause but Bethan was happy that this turned into support for farmers and all things rural. Kirsty nodded in agreement and paid a bit of lip service to the fact WAG had only really benefitted the SE. She thinks infastructure investment across Wales is the answer but unfortunately she thinks all this is is broadband and mobile phones. No mention of road, rail and bus services unfortunately. One plus is she does not support the Brynglas bypass fiasco and would use the money on housing in mid Wales.
Generally she did herself no harm and came across much better than her swarmy counterparts in Swansea.
It is Leanne next and again it will be in Aber. I have a horrible feeling that when it is Carwyn's turn it will be in Cardiff Bay and he will be surrounded by all those that love him.
I hope the make him use his sat nav and get his complacent ass up to Bangor but I won't hold my breath.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2016 22:44]

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 22:39 - Apr 13 with 1608 viewsPrivate_Partz

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 22:00 - Apr 13 by nice_to_michu

.....because they believe that Labour is the best option for the country

And that is just the sort of complacency that is slowly eroding the Welsh Labour vote. It is a slow process however so I suspect you may well just be ok for another 5 years. Albeit in another coalition or a minority rule.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 23:14 - Apr 13 with 1597 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 22:39 - Apr 13 by Private_Partz

And that is just the sort of complacency that is slowly eroding the Welsh Labour vote. It is a slow process however so I suspect you may well just be ok for another 5 years. Albeit in another coalition or a minority rule.

Oh lord.

Why can't you just accept that some people vote for Labour because they believe it is the best for the country?

Some people disagree with your views, shocking I know,
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 07:26 - Apr 14 with 1577 viewsPrivate_Partz

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 23:14 - Apr 13 by nice_to_michu

Oh lord.

Why can't you just accept that some people vote for Labour because they believe it is the best for the country?

Ditto. We are alike really ;-)
I am disappointed by complacent people like you, but shocked? Naaaa.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 7:27]

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:08 - Apr 14 with 1562 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 23:14 - Apr 13 by nice_to_michu

Oh lord.

Because I know so many people who vote Labour, and the reasons? A) their family always have, B) it's almost part of their identity, C) Thatcher closed the mines D) people here are too politically apathetic to understand what's going on. How can anyone outside of Cardiff agree with a policy of 'lets give all our investment to Cardiff'? They're not the most left wing party, they're not even a particularly good left-centre option anymore. People in Swansea vote Labour now always as a family tradition.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:42 - Apr 14 with 1554 viewsCottsy

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:08 - Apr 14 by CopperJack

Because I know so many people who vote Labour, and the reasons? A) their family always have, B) it's almost part of their identity, C) Thatcher closed the mines D) people here are too politically apathetic to understand what's going on. How can anyone outside of Cardiff agree with a policy of 'lets give all our investment to Cardiff'? They're not the most left wing party, they're not even a particularly good left-centre option anymore. People in Swansea vote Labour now always as a family tradition.

Labour membership has doubled to almost 400,000 in the last year with huge numbers of young people becoming politically active in the Labour movement for the first time in a generation and Labour are leading national polls for the first time in god knows how long as well.

But of course that's only happening because their families have always voted Labour and their politically apathetic, and Thatcher, and put a donkey in a red rosette and they would just have to weigh the votes mun and blah, blah, blah.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:15 - Apr 14 with 1534 viewsPrivate_Partz

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:42 - Apr 14 by Cottsy

Labour membership has doubled to almost 400,000 in the last year with huge numbers of young people becoming politically active in the Labour movement for the first time in a generation and Labour are leading national polls for the first time in god knows how long as well.

But of course that's only happening because their families have always voted Labour and their politically apathetic, and Thatcher, and put a donkey in a red rosette and they would just have to weigh the votes mun and blah, blah, blah.

That is a different argument though. We are not talking national. Welsh Labour is very different from Corbyn''s. Just look how Carwyn distances himself from the national party. We are talking about changing voting patterns when a party is failing you and Welsh Labour is failing the rest of Wales no matter how you dress it up.
As an aside I am encouraged and excited by Corbyn''s Labour and will be voting for them nationally. A concept you and n t Much find difficult to understand.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:16 - Apr 14 with 1533 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:42 - Apr 14 by Cottsy

Yea, for the PLP, not Welsh Labour. There's no doubting that Corbyn has awakened a large number of the old-school who shared the original Labour Party's ideal about socialism, and many youngsters completely disenfranchised with modern politics, austerity and a bleak future (similar thing happening in America with Bernie Sanders), but anyone who understands Welsh politics will know that Carwyn is a far cry from Corbyn and his brand of old Labour socialism. As I've said, the way they've centralised wealth in Wales is Tory-esque, and the complete antithesis of what Labour is meant to stand for. Have you seen how many millionaires and jobs have been created by this party in Cardiff?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/wales-sees-steepest-rise-num

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cardiff-named-one-top-10-9940730

So please, pray tell me how this is connected with Corbyn's Labour revolution? Are the numbers of Welsh Labour Party members up or just the PLP?

And again, please justify this continued investment into the SEVENTH most affluent place in the UK, while we continue to get nothing? One of 4 cities in the UK which is struggling so badly that house prices are actually decreasing?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 07:39 - Apr 15 with 1472 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ask The Leader.
As self appointed reporter on this I thought I would continue despite almost nil response. I am sure you can't wait really ;-)
It was still in Aberystwyth and it was Leanne's turn last night.
It started really badly for me with almost 10 minutes spent on badger culling! Surely all the leaders should have been asked the same questions?
On the flip side it was at least local issues. These were sadly lacking in the Swansea sessions where the subject matter was often not even the domain of WAG.
Again there were lots of comments from the audience on how good the leader is. It was almost a forum at times when in fact questions should be asked .......if the name of the programme is to be believed.
Trident was one of the subjects tied in with a nuclear free Wales. Leanne is opposed to all things nuclear although recognises difficulties in decommissioning existing and building new in the short term due to the number if jobs involved. To cut it dead would put thousands on the dole so she feels alternatives have to be in place before is can happen. She wants nothing to do with Trident and those in disagreement were almost dismissed as being behind the times by both Leanne and the majority of the audience.
She criticised Labour when asked about working in a coalition. Highlighted the failure of 17 yrers of Welsh Labour but did not take the opportunity to highlight the divides in investment across Wales. Disappointing but it was by now nearing the end with little opportunity.
On health she highlighted she needed more doctors and nurses and was going for efficiency savings to achieve this.
I was astounded she was not questioned about Plaid's manifesto commitment for fair investment across Wales. A big item on their manifesto ignored.
Again, like Kirsty, she generally did herself no harm and came across well but I remain unimpressed by the format of this programme. Bethan still asked almost everyone if they thought they had and answer. This highlighted the one great omission I reported on when RTD was questioned.
I am please to see Carwyn is in Llangollen next. Sat navs for the whole team to get there I believe. If there are no questions about the investment divide, per capita spend, or even the A55 v Brynglas I will be crying foul.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 7:49]

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:32 - Apr 15 with 1444 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 07:39 - Apr 15 by Private_Partz

Ask The Leader.
As self appointed reporter on this I thought I would continue despite almost nil response. I am sure you can't wait really ;-)
It was still in Aberystwyth and it was Leanne's turn last night.
It started really badly for me with almost 10 minutes spent on badger culling! Surely all the leaders should have been asked the same questions?
On the flip side it was at least local issues. These were sadly lacking in the Swansea sessions where the subject matter was often not even the domain of WAG.
Again there were lots of comments from the audience on how good the leader is. It was almost a forum at times when in fact questions should be asked .......if the name of the programme is to be believed.
Trident was one of the subjects tied in with a nuclear free Wales. Leanne is opposed to all things nuclear although recognises difficulties in decommissioning existing and building new in the short term due to the number if jobs involved. To cut it dead would put thousands on the dole so she feels alternatives have to be in place before is can happen. She wants nothing to do with Trident and those in disagreement were almost dismissed as being behind the times by both Leanne and the majority of the audience.
She criticised Labour when asked about working in a coalition. Highlighted the failure of 17 yrers of Welsh Labour but did not take the opportunity to highlight the divides in investment across Wales. Disappointing but it was by now nearing the end with little opportunity.
On health she highlighted she needed more doctors and nurses and was going for efficiency savings to achieve this.
I was astounded she was not questioned about Plaid's manifesto commitment for fair investment across Wales. A big item on their manifesto ignored.
Again, like Kirsty, she generally did herself no harm and came across well but I remain unimpressed by the format of this programme. Bethan still asked almost everyone if they thought they had and answer. This highlighted the one great omission I reported on when RTD was questioned.
I am please to see Carwyn is in Llangollen next. Sat navs for the whole team to get there I believe. If there are no questions about the investment divide, per capita spend, or even the A55 v Brynglas I will be crying foul.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 7:49]

That's the problem in Swansea, we look at things controlled by Westminster and give them a free hand to say all will be resolved with more funding. We never look at the gaping disparity in funding. People either A) don't seem to realise B) Have realised and seem to think it's the status quo or C) Are happy for Cardiff to keep getting all the investment. I'm not sure which, but it worries me all the same.

I think across Wales you may get more Plaid, but I don't hold much hope for Swansea I'll be honest. People seem to have just accepted that there won't be investment/jobs/wealth here for us, ever - while the SEVENTH richest place in the UK continues to absorb all the investment.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:08 - Apr 15 with 1439 viewsacejack3065

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:16 - Apr 14 by CopperJack

Yea, for the PLP, not Welsh Labour. There's no doubting that Corbyn has awakened a large number of the old-school who shared the original Labour Party's ideal about socialism, and many youngsters completely disenfranchised with modern politics, austerity and a bleak future (similar thing happening in America with Bernie Sanders), but anyone who understands Welsh politics will know that Carwyn is a far cry from Corbyn and his brand of old Labour socialism. As I've said, the way they've centralised wealth in Wales is Tory-esque, and the complete antithesis of what Labour is meant to stand for. Have you seen how many millionaires and jobs have been created by this party in Cardiff?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/wales-sees-steepest-rise-num

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cardiff-named-one-top-10-9940730

So please, pray tell me how this is connected with Corbyn's Labour revolution? Are the numbers of Welsh Labour Party members up or just the PLP?

And again, please justify this continued investment into the SEVENTH most affluent place in the UK, while we continue to get nothing? One of 4 cities in the UK which is struggling so badly that house prices are actually decreasing?

Membership numbers in Wales have doubled.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024