Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? 20:50 - Mar 7 with 63379 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:53 - Mar 7 with 12517 viewsCopperJack

Thought it'd be interesting to see which way Planet Swans members will be voting, and how representative we are of our constituencies.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:55 - Mar 7 with 12512 viewsHighjack

That A.N. Other bloke runs in every election but he never gets in the poor bastard.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:57 - Mar 7 with 12504 viewsexiledclaseboy

Everyone gets two votes. Some people may vote for more than one party.

Poll: Tory leader

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:59 - Mar 7 with 12492 viewsHighjack

Did you deliberately put the Tories in green to confuse trampie?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:06 - Mar 7 with 12473 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:59 - Mar 7 by Highjack

Did you deliberately put the Tories in green to confuse trampie?

I'm anticipating a meltdown of biblical proportions. Think Kevin Keegan kind of meltdown. Give reasons people, like to know why you're voting for which party - besides UKIP, which I assume is because you want us out of the EU.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:06 - Mar 7 with 12473 viewsjack_lord

I said I would never vote Lib Dem again but I like the amount of work that Kirsty Williams has put in to local issues. I am sick of the fact that Labour has done nothing to pressure thuse in Cardiff bay to divert money away from the gravy train so unless someone new appears in my area with an answer that is where my vote goes.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:12 - Mar 7 with 12461 viewstrampie

I'm going to vote the same way I've always voted in every Assembly election and that is for Plaid Cymru, because Plaid will do what's best for the whole of Wales.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:20 - Mar 7 with 12455 viewsjack_lord

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:12 - Mar 7 by trampie

I'm going to vote the same way I've always voted in every Assembly election and that is for Plaid Cymru, because Plaid will do what's best for the whole of Wales.

I am not a nationalist but would vote plaid in another area if they are true to this promise.

Login to get fewer ads

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:21 - Mar 7 with 12448 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:20 - Mar 7 by jack_lord

I am not a nationalist but would vote plaid in another area if they are true to this promise.

Why not your area?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:25 - Mar 7 with 12445 viewsexiledclaseboy

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:20 - Mar 7 by jack_lord

You could use your party list vote for Plaid.

Poll: Tory leader

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:34 - Mar 7 with 12435 viewstrampie

They are not nationalists in the context their opponents try to portray them as, they will let anybody in English, European, AN Others as long as they love and want the best for Wales.

Anybody that believes in borders could be said to be a nationalist, Labour and Conservatives fall into that definition, there is a World of difference between civic [which Plaid are] and ethnic nationalists.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 23:30 - Mar 7 with 12385 viewsCottsy

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:34 - Mar 7 by trampie

They are not nationalists in the context their opponents try to portray them as, they will let anybody in English, European, AN Others as long as they love and want the best for Wales.

Anybody that believes in borders could be said to be a nationalist, Labour and Conservatives fall into that definition, there is a World of difference between civic [which Plaid are] and ethnic nationalists.

We are internationalists in Llafur tramps.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 23:34 - Mar 7 with 12379 viewsjack_lord

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:21 - Mar 7 by CopperJack

Why not your area?

At the moment I live in the Brecon and Radnorshire area. Hopefully by July I will be back within the boundary of Swansea.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 00:07 - Mar 8 with 12363 viewsacejack3065

Labour in Gower, Plaid or Green on the list. Sue me.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 07:56 - Mar 8 with 12317 viewscontroversial_jack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 00:07 - Mar 8 by acejack3065

Labour in Gower, Plaid or Green on the list. Sue me.

Not going to vote
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 08:36 - Mar 8 with 12297 viewstrampie

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 23:30 - Mar 7 by Cottsy

We are internationalists in Llafur tramps.

Internationalists that fight foreign wars for no reason [Blair and his WMD] and keep nuclear weapons all to protect 'our' boundaries, Foot and Benn wanted out of Europe, Corbyn apparently was anti Europe until he became leader, nothing international about Labour.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 08:52 - Mar 8 with 12286 viewsLohengrin

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 08:36 - Mar 8 by trampie

Internationalists that fight foreign wars for no reason [Blair and his WMD] and keep nuclear weapons all to protect 'our' boundaries, Foot and Benn wanted out of Europe, Corbyn apparently was anti Europe until he became leader, nothing international about Labour.

This is a descent into caricature now!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 08:54 - Mar 8 with 12284 viewsCopperJack

The reason Plaid are nationalists is, like the SNP, they vilify everything English and British and are only concerned with Welsh independence. Latest poll suggested that only 3% of people want independence - thank heavens. It seems a majority are happy with a duel identity - and before you start, no, that does not make them 'Brit Nat Tories'. A nationalist is what you are, separatist.

People who are voting Labour - out of curiosity, why are you voting them? Because you always have, or do you think they've done a good job in Welsh Government (not national, Welsh Government).

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:46 - Mar 8 with 12270 viewstrampie

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 08:54 - Mar 8 by CopperJack

The reason Plaid are nationalists is, like the SNP, they vilify everything English and British and are only concerned with Welsh independence. Latest poll suggested that only 3% of people want independence - thank heavens. It seems a majority are happy with a duel identity - and before you start, no, that does not make them 'Brit Nat Tories'. A nationalist is what you are, separatist.

People who are voting Labour - out of curiosity, why are you voting them? Because you always have, or do you think they've done a good job in Welsh Government (not national, Welsh Government).

No you have that totally wrong, Plaid are anything but nationalist, Plaid are regionalist and want what's best for the region.
You would be amazed at what some Plaid people think as regards independence [or the Monarchy], absolutely amazed and shocked.

What's best for Britain and what's best for Wales is often two different things [the EU, the bomb, taxation, spreading wealth].

Some people are in Plaid because they like their policies and they think Wales would be better off with Plaid policies but don't make the huge mistake and equate that with Plaid being anti English or anti British or anti British institutions, you will be shocked at a lot of peoples position within Plaid.

How many within Plaid would vote for Welsh independence tomorrow ?, push come to shove I think the result would shock you, loads would say baby steps, we should get lots more money [as should be the case as a sovereign country like the UK needs to direct resources to where its needed] to bring us up to a level where we should be at and then we can start to stand on our own two feet etc.

The leaders of Plaid have a heck of a job trying to keep the dream of a sovereign Wales alive [which is a nod to the past] but at the right point in time, trying to keep the stated aims going back decades alive with the realities of the situation which is a lack of investment from Westminster for hundreds of years and immigration into Wales, Plaid have no issue with immigration [they are not a nationalist party at all in that respect] but are English immigrants that have overrun Plaid heartlands going to vote for them ?, when they are told by Labour, the Conservatives and the media that they are a Welsh nationalist party.

Plaid have had better politicians and better policies than others over the years particularly if you are centre left, Plaid will not be leaving the Union or getting rid of the Monarchy if they get into power, it would be up to the people, no doubt they would have the debate but it would be up to the people.

There is nothing to be afraid of with Plaid, you would get centre left politics and that is it, anything else would be so far away as not being on the horizon unless the people wanted it.
So get championing Plaid to do what is best for our area, our area being Wales.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:48 - Mar 8 with 12264 viewsPegojack

I'm voting Scottish Nationalist.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:00 - Mar 8 with 12254 viewsacejack3065

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 08:54 - Mar 8 by CopperJack

Aside from being a party member, three Welsh Government policies actually massively helped me.

I was able to keep my EMA when I was in Gorseinon college. EMA was abolished in England. My uni fees were capped at £3300 which has kept my student debt down by a third. After I left uni the only job interviews I was getting were for JobsGrowthWales placements for 6-12 weeks paid work experience. I'm now in full time employment but my JobsGrowthWales placement helped me get there IMO. It was helpful to put on my CV and was useful in job interviews when employees asked for my relevant work experience. I like to think I worked hard to put myself where I am now and I don't know how much difference, if any, these policies made but I'm glad I don't have to find out.

Everyone's own experience will be subjective and I'm not looking to convince anyone else otherwise unlike trample. If we are going to go down the "what have the Romans ever done for us" line of questioning I might as well throw in the rare but helpful instances the WAG did something to help that wouldn't have been available in England.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:08 - Mar 8 with 12244 viewsjack_lord

"Everyone's own experience will be subjective and I'm not looking to convince anyone else otherwise unlike trample. If we are going to go down the "what have the Romans ever done for us" line of questioning I might as well throw in the rare but helpful instances the WAG did something to help that wouldn't have been available in England."

I understand that but surely you can see that there is a massive disparity in the investment in the Cardiff region and the rest of Wales?

If Plaid Cymru can sort that out then I am on board.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:18 - Mar 8 with 12238 viewsacejack3065

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:08 - Mar 8 by jack_lord

"Everyone's own experience will be subjective and I'm not looking to convince anyone else otherwise unlike trample. If we are going to go down the "what have the Romans ever done for us" line of questioning I might as well throw in the rare but helpful instances the WAG did something to help that wouldn't have been available in England."

I understand that but surely you can see that there is a massive disparity in the investment in the Cardiff region and the rest of Wales?

If Plaid Cymru can sort that out then I am on board.

Yes I see it and yes I hate it. I want it sorted as much as anyone in the city but if I vote Plaid I'll let the Tories in and they are no friends to the people of Wales.

I hope Plaid can be more specific about what they'd do for Swansea. If they are going to do that they can certainly have my list vote.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:28 - Mar 8 with 12223 viewsClinton

I'd vote for any party that offered to scrap the Assembly. Shambles.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 10:38 - Mar 8 with 12206 viewsKerouac

Plaid Cymru's goals as set out in its constitution are:

1. "To promote the constitutional advancement of Wales with a view to attaining independence within the European Union;"
4. "To create a bilingual society by promoting the revival of the Welsh language;"

First, Tramp;

"The leaders of Plaid have a heck of a job trying to keep the dream of a sovereign Wales alive [which is a nod to the past] but at the right point in time, trying to keep the stated aims going back decades alive with the realities of the situation which is a lack of investment from Westminster for hundreds of years and immigration into Wales, Plaid have no issue with immigration [they are not a nationalist party at all in that respect] but are English immigrants that have overrun Plaid heartlands going to vote for them ?, when they are told by Labour, the Conservatives and the media that they are a Welsh nationalist party."

Goal 1.

If that is your goal you should have the decency to put the arguments for this to the voting public.....not hoodwink them.
If Plaid ever had the success that the SNP did in the General Election they would be demanding a (costly) independence referendum in double quick time and reminding people that it was always their no.1 goal......having gained those votes without ever having made the case.
You can bet your house on it.

They are just as contemptuous of the Welsh electorate as the Labour party.

Goal 4

....So according to you Tramp it is only English immigrants that can't/won't speak Welsh as it is only they who cause you a problem.
The immigrants you imagine coming from all over the world to an independent Wales, run by Plaid, will learn Welsh and are more likely to vote Plaid than the English?

It all sounds incoherent and unrealistic to me.

Plaid's achilles heel is the focus on the promotion of the Welsh language. It's a barrier between them and a large section of the Welsh population.
SNP had no such problem and thus were able to speak for the whole of the Scottish community.

Ideas are more important than language.
e.g. If, in an imagined future, we all en masse signed up to Hinduism but worship of the new religion was unlawful if not practiced using the Welsh language (which led to 100% of the population being able to speak Welsh) ....
Would we still be Welsh?
Would there be such a thing as Welsh culture any longer?
(Try and answer these questions Tramp, there's a good boyo)
[Post edited 11 Mar 2016 10:10]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024