Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? 20:50 - Mar 7 with 63294 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 14:46 - May 5 with 1648 viewsWingstandwood

Labour concerned or worried for its Gower seat? They have been in Gorseinon approx 2.00pm door-stepping door to door appealing for people to get out and vote for them! Very late time in the day to be doing so. I've never seen that before. Is the party doing badly or worse than expected? A low turnout Labour loyalists staying at home like I previously predicted on here?.......mmmmmmmmm, ponder, ponder, ponder?????
[Post edited 5 May 2016 14:47]

Argus!

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 14:52 - May 5 with 1635 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 14:46 - May 5 by Wingstandwood

Labour concerned or worried for its Gower seat? They have been in Gorseinon approx 2.00pm door-stepping door to door appealing for people to get out and vote for them! Very late time in the day to be doing so. I've never seen that before. Is the party doing badly or worse than expected? A low turnout Labour loyalists staying at home like I previously predicted on here?.......mmmmmmmmm, ponder, ponder, ponder?????
[Post edited 5 May 2016 14:47]

Maybe if they brought investment and jobs to the area they wouldn't need to beg them at the 11th hour. I wonder how long until they mention the Museum...

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:01 - May 5 with 1632 viewsWingstandwood

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 14:52 - May 5 by CopperJack

Maybe if they brought investment and jobs to the area they wouldn't need to beg them at the 11th hour. I wonder how long until they mention the Museum...

They were most concerned whether the household had already voted and asking if we were going to to vote Labour. Told them postal votes had been already sent and they immediately departed without any time to explain Labour policy/propaganda.

TBH I find it rather surreal both because It's sooo late in the day and the fact they've never done anything like that before. What does Labour know that you, me and the electorate doesn't?

Argus!

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:56 - May 5 with 1608 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:01 - May 5 by Wingstandwood

They were most concerned whether the household had already voted and asking if we were going to to vote Labour. Told them postal votes had been already sent and they immediately departed without any time to explain Labour policy/propaganda.

TBH I find it rather surreal both because It's sooo late in the day and the fact they've never done anything like that before. What does Labour know that you, me and the electorate doesn't?

It's Election Day. The parties are "getting out the vote", the fact that the other parties are not doing the same tells you how unorganized they are.

This is fairly basic electioneering.

But sure, two plus two equals five in your world anyway.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 16:44 - May 5 with 1588 viewsWingstandwood

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:56 - May 5 by nice_to_michu

It's Election Day. The parties are "getting out the vote", the fact that the other parties are not doing the same tells you how unorganized they are.

This is fairly basic electioneering.

But sure, two plus two equals five in your world anyway.

Well I lived and have decades of personal experience and the simple fact is?...... Once upon a time this part /my part of my constituency I never saw their Labour candidate once and only got one leaflet if lucky. So far my household has received 7 flyers, 2 door stepping house calls and 3 phone calls. Yes indeed it is electioneering but electioneering of persistence that I have never ever experienced in my locality before. If it is 'basic-electioneering' it is something I never experienced for half a century!

So its not a case of two plus five but a case of a party hemorrhaging votes and being extremely worried it! And even if Labour wins?.... Do you seriously believe Gower Labour's individual turn out numbers are going to be impressive or anywhere near the figure of the last WAG election? A party dying on its arse hence the panic!

Edit: You're right about the other parties they have made next to no effort, atrocious and they wonder why people don't go out and vote?
[Post edited 5 May 2016 20:08]

Argus!

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 16:57 - May 5 with 1576 viewsnice_to_michu

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 16:44 - May 5 by Wingstandwood

Well I lived and have decades of personal experience and the simple fact is?...... Once upon a time this part /my part of my constituency I never saw their Labour candidate once and only got one leaflet if lucky. So far my household has received 7 flyers, 2 door stepping house calls and 3 phone calls. Yes indeed it is electioneering but electioneering of persistence that I have never ever experienced in my locality before. If it is 'basic-electioneering' it is something I never experienced for half a century!

So its not a case of two plus five but a case of a party hemorrhaging votes and being extremely worried it! And even if Labour wins?.... Do you seriously believe Gower Labour's individual turn out numbers are going to be impressive or anywhere near the figure of the last WAG election? A party dying on its arse hence the panic!

Edit: You're right about the other parties they have made next to no effort, atrocious and they wonder why people don't go out and vote?

Seats change, demographics change, employment changes over time.

There are finite resources to be used very thinly across Wales, it's natural for seats to be targeted and others less targeted. Those that aren't targeted in terms of leaflets or whatever at election time isn't because nobody cares about those constituents, it's just a calculation that a party's limited resources and manpower at election time is best spent elsewhere.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 18:39 - May 5 with 1542 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Just been to vote and discovered we're electing a crime commissioner for South Wales.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:09 - May 5 with 1530 viewsexiledclaseboy

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 18:39 - May 5 by Joe_bradshaw

Just been to vote and discovered we're electing a crime commissioner for South Wales.

Aye that was a surprise to me too.

Three ballot papers, four votes. I spread the electoral wealth four separate ways.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:32 - May 5 with 1509 viewsCountyJim

Labour canvassing in my Ward today must be tight in Newport West
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:21 - May 5 with 1477 viewsWingstandwood

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:32 - May 5 by CountyJim

Labour canvassing in my Ward today must be tight in Newport West

I do wonder if tonight is going to be a night with some really unexpected results? I'll make a prediction on here and predict that the party that will be seen to have had (others may do well compared with previous results) the best outcome/result from this WAG election will be UKIP. The UKIP is 'the none of the above' party!
[Post edited 5 May 2016 20:22]

Argus!

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:24 - May 5 with 1466 viewsexiledclaseboy

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:21 - May 5 by Wingstandwood

I do wonder if tonight is going to be a night with some really unexpected results? I'll make a prediction on here and predict that the party that will be seen to have had (others may do well compared with previous results) the best outcome/result from this WAG election will be UKIP. The UKIP is 'the none of the above' party!
[Post edited 5 May 2016 20:22]

Not for me they're not. They're the "not while I have a breath in my body" party.

Poll: Tory leader

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 22:43 - May 5 with 1408 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 22:46 - May 5 with 1405 viewspikeypaul

Looks like UKIP may get 8 seats that would be massive.

The Labour donkey voters are slowly but surely kicking the bucket 10 points down from last election.
[Post edited 5 May 2016 22:52]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 22:58 - May 5 with 1391 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

UKIP ,what exactly is their aim in Wales ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 22:58 - May 5 with 1393 viewsjackrabbit

I live in London so won't be voting in the Welsh Assembly elections. Fascinated to see that Plaid have the lion's share of the votes in the poll at the top of this thread. That would be the same Plaid Cymru that wants to put a total ban on fracking in Wales, even though it is estimated that in the old coal mining areas of Wales, the value of the shale gas residing there is about £70bn - roughly double Wales' GDP.. But what value the odd billion quid, compared to the opportunity to show off your green credentials to the world? We don't need the money do we? Nah,

Both Plaid and Labour want to reinvent the 70s in Wales: lots of corporatist state-led investment creating lots of highly unionised manufacturing companies, despite all the evidence that it never works. What a choice. What a shower.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 23:27 - May 5 with 1345 viewsjack_lord

I voted Kirsty Williams and Plaid.

I voted twice for Labour on the Police option.

Who'd have thought.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 00:04 - May 6 with 1328 viewsKilkennyjack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 22:58 - May 5 by oh_tommy_tommy

UKIP ,what exactly is their aim in Wales ?

They want it to be Wales-shire.

Beware of the Risen People

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 00:05 - May 6 with 1327 viewsKilkennyjack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 22:58 - May 5 by jackrabbit

I live in London so won't be voting in the Welsh Assembly elections. Fascinated to see that Plaid have the lion's share of the votes in the poll at the top of this thread. That would be the same Plaid Cymru that wants to put a total ban on fracking in Wales, even though it is estimated that in the old coal mining areas of Wales, the value of the shale gas residing there is about £70bn - roughly double Wales' GDP.. But what value the odd billion quid, compared to the opportunity to show off your green credentials to the world? We don't need the money do we? Nah,

Both Plaid and Labour want to reinvent the 70s in Wales: lots of corporatist state-led investment creating lots of highly unionised manufacturing companies, despite all the evidence that it never works. What a choice. What a shower.

Fracking is not safe so excellent idea to ban it. Frack off.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 00:13 - May 6 with 1317 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 00:04 - May 6 by Kilkennyjack

They want it to be Wales-shire.

F@cking hell

I've seen it all now

Neil Hamilton UKIP .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 06:56 - May 6 with 1263 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea returns the same AM's who have sat there doing nothing whilst the city (and the rest of Wales) is ignored in favour of the South East.

So lets have no more bitching about it Swansea. You had your chance.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 07:09 - May 6 with 1256 viewsKilkennyjack

Well then - the red republican rhondda rebel has caused the biggest upset by far. Who would have thunk it ? 👏 Well done Mrs Wood.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 07:32 - May 6 with 1241 viewsacejack3065

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 16:44 - May 5 by Wingstandwood

Well you were completely f**king wrong about Gower. Better luck next time.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 07:33 - May 6 with 1241 viewsEdmundo

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 07:09 - May 6 by Kilkennyjack

Well then - the red republican rhondda rebel has caused the biggest upset by far. Who would have thunk it ? 👏 Well done Mrs Wood.

That's a massive seat to lose......Gower not far off changing hands......maybe next time. The rest of Swansea.....as you were! 😢

Maybe the people just don't want change or are too scared to think outside the box!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 07:37 - May 6 with 1239 viewsacejack3065

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 07:33 - May 6 by Edmundo

That's a massive seat to lose......Gower not far off changing hands......maybe next time. The rest of Swansea.....as you were! 😢

Maybe the people just don't want change or are too scared to think outside the box!

Not far off changing hands? Down 900 votes but a bigger majority than in 2007.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 08:18 - May 6 with 1226 viewsacejack3065

Peter Black has lost his seat. That's a shame.

Altaf gone too. Better to have 2 Plaid than 2 Tory in South Wales West.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024