Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looked 18:31 - Mar 12 with 4740 viewsangryjack

A lot more balanced without ayew
Looked on 14:53 - Mar 14 with 1072 viewsjasper_T

Looked on 14:51 - Mar 14 by shandyjack

unbalances the team when played out wide ... Yes
Lazy .... Not a chance,alway works his socks off
Better as a 10 or CF

Useless for us when tried at 10.
Looked on 15:26 - Mar 14 with 1037 viewsshandyjack

Looked on 14:53 - Mar 14 by jasper_T

Useless for us when tried at 10.

how manay games has he played there as a 10 though? He's no Siggy obviously but i feel a good run at 10 would suit him in a Michu style of playing

Poll: Expectation for the season

Looked on 15:26 - Mar 14 with 1037 viewsDrGonzo

Ideally we could play Ayew on the left with a competent left back behind him. Someone capable of running with the ball, passing, crossing and if I'm not being totally bonkers maybe they could even shoot with a degree of accuracy.
Looked on 15:45 - Mar 14 with 1026 viewsjasper_T

Looked on 15:26 - Mar 14 by shandyjack

how manay games has he played there as a 10 though? He's no Siggy obviously but i feel a good run at 10 would suit him in a Michu style of playing

This will only happen if Gylfi gets injured and god forbid.
Looked on 16:08 - Mar 14 with 1014 viewsshandyjack

Looked on 15:45 - Mar 14 by jasper_T

This will only happen if Gylfi gets injured and god forbid.

oh i'm in no way advocating we try it in sacrifice of siggy, i was just stating thats probably his best position.
For us i believe he is best suited as the CF No9
[Post edited 14 Mar 2016 16:08]

Looked on 16:15 - Mar 14 with 1005 viewsjasper_T

I liked him on the left of the diamond because he gave it an extra attacking dimension and his wandering about didn't expose anyone as we had extra men in the midfield to cover.

Might be a place for him there playing box to box if we develop the narrow Italian style some more (and buy some real wingbacks).
Looked on 16:45 - Mar 14 with 982 viewsjack247

Looked on 14:43 - Mar 14 by Senhin

I don't get why people bring up the lower opposition defences either. They do it to the big clubs too, and it's not like Dani Alves is a really defensive fullback providing cover behind them incase they lose it. Sure, I'm not suggesting Ayew is anywhere near their level... but neither are we.

So I don't see why we can't have our equivalent of that. Yes, we will concede more than them and won't score as many as them when we do it... but that's true whatever system we were to play.

It worked well when we were playing well at the start of the season. He was scoring for fun and people were raving about him. Now that we are playing a bit sh*t it's because of the 'not being a real winger', but that didn't seem to affect us when we were playing well... Maybe the team being a bit sh*t for a while is the reason we are down here, and not because of Ayewhat not hugging the touch line.

Ok, take the opposition out of it, they are three of the best players in the world. We could easily play that formation if we had them in the team.

Agree about Ayew though. He does unbalance the team, but he more than makes up for it with his goal threat. If he did actually hug the touchline, we may have more shape but he would be far less effective. He wouldn't have scored any goals for a start.
Looked on 17:05 - Mar 14 with 967 viewsThornburyswan

Looked on 12:48 - Mar 13 by Clinton

Ayew first 60 minutes and then Paloschi as sub.

This - & then Gomis for the last 5 ;-)
Login to get fewer ads

Looked on 17:26 - Mar 14 with 951 viewsGriffting

Ayews leadership further up the pitch is lost when he's out as well. He instructs everybody up that end, plus he encourages his team mates on when to press among other things and keeps the motivation up. Plus he's good for a pen too. The claims he is lazy is laughable.
I would like to see him play on the left in front of Kingsley. The whole 'all he does is score goals' thing always gives me a good laugh as well. So easy, they were all grabbing goals when Ayew was ey.. I can remember Everton away, bouremouth home, villa away, United home off the top of my head where he's won us vital points, probably a few more. Hes not a 'Swansea style' player but he is a good player nevertheless.
Looked on 18:07 - Mar 14 with 933 viewsEdmundo

Looked on 18:45 - Mar 12 by YantoFullPelt

Pace on the wings has always made us more balanced, let's hope Barrow goes from strength to strength and Montero can sort his head out

I think if Montero was fit and firing on all cylinders and Barrow available for 90 minutes, we would have probably out scored Bmuff......roll on next season👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Looked on 18:13 - Mar 14 with 930 viewsTheFranchise

Ayew up top, Barrow and Montero wide, Siggy in the #10 and Fer with Cork behind.
Looked on 18:36 - Mar 14 with 912 viewsshandyjack

Looked on 18:13 - Mar 14 by TheFranchise

Ayew up top, Barrow and Montero wide, Siggy in the #10 and Fer with Cork behind.

100% our best line up for Villa and beyond

Looked on 21:05 - Mar 14 with 868 viewsangryjack

I believe ayew is our problem trying to accommodate him it has completely unbalanced us we are a better team without him.
Looked on 05:55 - Mar 18 with 771 viewsdgt73

I have been saying for a while Ayew is an enigma for the Swans - obviously a very good player but he makes the team unbalanced.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Looked on 08:26 - Mar 18 with 755 viewsItchySphincter

Looked on 13:08 - Mar 14 by Senhin

Cos he doesn't stay on the touch line and scores goals mun. That means we have to play him as a striker and not a winger.

It's not like two of the best teams in the world play the three best players in the world on the wings, but have them come inside and do little defensively... that would never work.

Weeks alright before Ayew's goals. If you understand anything about the way we play you will see that however good a player he is he f*cks up the way we play.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024