Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leroy Fer - six weeks in 14:43 - Mar 16 with 2944 viewsAussieSwan

How do we think he's going so far? In my eyes, he's been good in the minutes he's had, either as a starter or a sub. Shown good box-to-box movement, and that assist for Gylfi's goal against Norwich was pure class.

Obviously still 8 games left, but if he keeps doing what he's been doing so far, then I think he's somebody we should offer a permanent deal for in the summer. Can't imagine he'd cost much, plus he'd already be settled into the club/city.

I'd personally like to see him stick around. Thoughts?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2016 14:52]

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 14:45 - Mar 16 with 2373 viewsBloodyhills

After all the Norwich and QPR fans saying how gash he was I am pleasantly surprised. I think he has done well.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 14:50 - Mar 16 with 2363 viewsTheKirkyLife

Only game he did a stupid in was against the Cherries. Really impressive.
Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 14:56 - Mar 16 with 2345 viewskarnataka

He's done well enough to be a starter for me for the rest of the season and if he does as well for the remaining 8 games as he has done so far, I would not be disappointed to see him signed permanently for next season. Don't think we've had another midfielder who can take and dish out the rough stuff since Ferrie Bodde so he gives us something different.
Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 15:01 - Mar 16 with 2337 viewsClinton

Played well so far.
We would have to be careful before signing permanently. Everton pulled out of signing him before he went to Norwich because of a potential knee issue. Sunderland pulled out of a season long loan last summer because of a potential knee issue.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 15:34 - Mar 16 with 2272 viewsLoyal

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 14:45 - Mar 16 by Bloodyhills

After all the Norwich and QPR fans saying how gash he was I am pleasantly surprised. I think he has done well.

He started the same for them, then gets a contract and disappears.
That was their point.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 17:20 - Mar 16 with 2110 viewsGlyn1

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 14:45 - Mar 16 by Bloodyhills

Norwich and QPR fans have seen him for more than we have done, so let's not go overboard yet. Go back and take a look at the praise Shelvey was getting during his honeymoon period with us!

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 17:28 - Mar 16 with 2089 viewsDavillin

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 17:20 - Mar 16 by Glyn1

Norwich and QPR fans have seen him for more than we have done, so let's not go overboard yet. Go back and take a look at the praise Shelvey was getting during his honeymoon period with us!

Logical appraisal, but logic doesn't always work when evaluating a new player.

For me, it's still too soon to talk about dumping him or signing him.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 19:22 - Mar 16 with 1958 viewsnyc_swans

I think he gets praise simply because he offers something different in the midfield, and when you look at him you can see the makings of the kind of midfield player the team has needed for a while now. He's had some moments, but most of the praise is overblown at the moment. I think the club can do better than him in the summer.
Login to get fewer ads

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 20:02 - Mar 16 with 1894 viewsjack247

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 17:20 - Mar 16 by Glyn1

That's about right. He has impressed me a lot, it's still very early days though. Based on what I have seen so far, if he keeps that level up for the rest of the season he will have earned a move. Way too soon to form a strong opinion though.
Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 12:16 - Mar 17 with 1660 viewscantty

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 20:02 - Mar 16 by jack247

That's about right. He has impressed me a lot, it's still very early days though. Based on what I have seen so far, if he keeps that level up for the rest of the season he will have earned a move. Way too soon to form a strong opinion though.

Definitely adds more attacking option to our midfield.
Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 12:29 - Mar 17 with 1641 viewsjack247

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 12:16 - Mar 17 by cantty

Definitely adds more attacking option to our midfield.

He does the lot really, most of our central midfielders can either be classed as defensive or attacking. He is defensive enough to shield alongside either Leon or Cork, but also brings an attacking threat that neither of them possess. At the moment it's Fer alongside one of those two at the base of midfield for me.

Still very early days though. Hopefully he can keep it up.
Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 12:36 - Mar 17 with 1628 viewsDr_Winston

Plenty of time before we need to make a decision. We also need to see if there's better out there first.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 12:56 - Mar 17 with 1591 viewsmax936

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 12:36 - Mar 17 by Dr_Winston

Plenty of time before we need to make a decision. We also need to see if there's better out there first.

Tonny Vilhiena bit shorter than Fer though, but what a player and young, Montpellier's Morgan Sanson is maybe better, but he's been out with a serious injury, l think he's still out.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 13:23 - Mar 17 with 1541 viewsjasper_T

With the amount of money available next season we should definitely be aiming higher. Look at the types of player Stoke are buying these days. Premier League clubs are all among the richest in the world, and squads are starting to reflect that.

Taking on average journeymen with poor reputations isn't going to cut it at this level, as we've found this season.
Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 13:45 - Mar 17 with 1523 viewsjack247

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 13:23 - Mar 17 by jasper_T

With the amount of money available next season we should definitely be aiming higher. Look at the types of player Stoke are buying these days. Premier League clubs are all among the richest in the world, and squads are starting to reflect that.

Taking on average journeymen with poor reputations isn't going to cut it at this level, as we've found this season.

Don't disagree with your sentiment, but if he is the benchmark for not good enough, we are going to need a brand new squad.
Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 13:56 - Mar 17 with 1508 viewsjasper_T

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 13:45 - Mar 17 by jack247

Don't disagree with your sentiment, but if he is the benchmark for not good enough, we are going to need a brand new squad.

The squad is going to need to improve dramatically year on year to match the level of spending possible by the league as a whole. It's not just the top 4/6 that will be able to outbid the vast, vast majority of Europe any more. The quality of bottom half squads is going to skyrocket. TV money is up £40-£50m next season and it'll all end up spent on transfers and wages.

Fer isn't any better than most of our players at their specific jobs (and/or when they can be bothered, which is a problem he has himself).
Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 14:00 - Mar 17 with 1502 viewsjasper_T

We're stuck with the average players we have. Need to make sure we don't buy any more, and restrict spending to buying in actual quality, even if that leaves us short of the nonsense "two players for every position" requirement (which is only necessary for teams with European schedules).
Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 14:07 - Mar 17 with 1493 viewsjack247

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 13:56 - Mar 17 by jasper_T

The squad is going to need to improve dramatically year on year to match the level of spending possible by the league as a whole. It's not just the top 4/6 that will be able to outbid the vast, vast majority of Europe any more. The quality of bottom half squads is going to skyrocket. TV money is up £40-£50m next season and it'll all end up spent on transfers and wages.

Fer isn't any better than most of our players at their specific jobs (and/or when they can be bothered, which is a problem he has himself).

I get that we can outbid the likes of Valencia, Roma or whatever, but doesn't the increased tv money essentially mean an increase in transfer fees and wages for the same players?
Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 14:57 - Mar 17 with 1450 viewsbuilthjack

Fer's weakness is his tracking of his man. Watch him off the ball.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 15:06 - Mar 17 with 1435 viewsDr_Winston

This idea that we can only compete by getting involved in the transfer spending arms race is absurd. There's plenty of value in the market for teams with the will to put the resources into finding it.

Our transfer dealings this summer didn't go south because we didn't spend enough. They went south because there was no unity of vision between board and management.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 15:25 - Mar 17 with 1402 viewsmonmouth

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 15:06 - Mar 17 by Dr_Winston

This idea that we can only compete by getting involved in the transfer spending arms race is absurd. There's plenty of value in the market for teams with the will to put the resources into finding it.

Our transfer dealings this summer didn't go south because we didn't spend enough. They went south because there was no unity of vision between board and management.

Needs to a sticky that, before the summer when all the nonsense starts.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 15:28 - Mar 17 with 1400 viewsjasper_T

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 15:06 - Mar 17 by Dr_Winston

It wasn't that we didn't spend enough, but that they weren't good enough. Every club in the Premier League is capable of attracting great players thanks to the financial advantage that is only getting more pronounced (among the mid-table/bottom half clubs compared to their continental counterparts, the top English teams are still going to languish behind the elite).

£5m on Eder was a bad deal because he isn't a good player, not because it wasn't £10m.
Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 15:29 - Mar 17 with 1392 viewsjasper_T

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 14:57 - Mar 17 by builthjack

Fer's weakness is his tracking of his man. Watch him off the ball.

Also with the ball to set up one of Bournemouth's goals.
Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 15:32 - Mar 17 with 1386 viewsjasper_T

Whether we take part in the financial arms race or not, we're competing with teams that will, and the squad we have isn't good enough to do that without genuine improvement (something we haven't had much of since Laudrup left).
Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 15:45 - Mar 17 with 1345 viewsDavillin

Leroy Fer - six weeks in on 15:32 - Mar 17 by jasper_T

Whether we take part in the financial arms race or not, we're competing with teams that will, and the squad we have isn't good enough to do that without genuine improvement (something we haven't had much of since Laudrup left).

Regarding your final parenthetical clause, isn't that the top reason for keeping Guidolin as Manager? And his assistants, while we're at it?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024