Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall 17:15 - Apr 1 with 3148 viewsClinton

http://www.swansea.ac.uk/the-great-hall/

We went to explore the University Bay Campus, see what's there. We Went to the cafe overlooking the sea, first floor at the far end of the great hall.
Classy joint, but limited opening hours at the moment.
It's got a really nice feel, the cafe felt a bit deserted probably because it only opened on Tuesday and the students are on holiday.
Give it a try for a coffee and cake if you like that kind of thing, all the crockery, fittings, furniture are top notch and the staff were pleasant. Licensed.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 17:29 - Apr 1 with 3128 viewsjackharris

I absolutely adore the architecture and building materials that have been used to construct the Great Hall! The predicted £200,000,000 complex is absolutely amazing! Whatever , the finishing cost will be!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 20:24 - Apr 1 with 2970 viewsPinky

I've been in there and I think it's a really nice building. The bar wasn't open at the time, but you can't beat the view from the balcony. It's nice that the students actually spend time on the beach when they've got breaks. I suppose that's because the campus basically has its own private beach right next to the main buildings, whereas in Singleton you've got to go across the bridge.

The whole campus is great. The engineering workshops are unbelievable. How does parking work if you want to go in the cafe there? I don't imagine you'd have any problems in the Easter break, but can anybody park there in term time? I had to get parking approval.

They announced this week that the £31m "Computational Foundry" has been approved too. Work will begin in November. It will be on the patch of grass on the bend as you go in, as seen here:

http://www.swansea.ac.uk/campus-development/baycampus/informationonkeybuildings/

Full story:

http://www.swansea.ac.uk/media-centre/latest-news/31meuboostforworld-classcomput
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 20:25]
Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 20:29 - Apr 1 with 2952 viewswestside

why didn't they build the great hall bigger with a bigger capacity like 1.5k - 2k size as Swansea lacks venues for concerts and conferences
Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 01:29 - Apr 2 with 2835 viewsSwansea93

Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 20:29 - Apr 1 by westside

why didn't they build the great hall bigger with a bigger capacity like 1.5k - 2k size as Swansea lacks venues for concerts and conferences

Agree with this we miss out on loads of concerts to Cardiff all the time, I guess we have to wait for the new arena to be built.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 01:54 - Apr 2 with 2826 viewsJack123

I haven't taken a close look at this place, but I must admit, I was travelling out of Swansea via fabian way a couple of times last month, and I did think ferk Nice..The whole structure looks nice, in comparison to the grotesque buildings Coastal Housing And Gwalia have put up, further down..

libera nos a malo

Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 08:47 - Apr 2 with 2740 viewsKilkennyjack

Huge for Swansea - great new facilities.

Beware of the Risen People

Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 09:18 - Apr 2 with 2714 viewsClinton

Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 20:29 - Apr 1 by westside

I looked in th hall, it looks really good. Not sure of the capacity, it's not that big.
Mind. You whenever I go to gigs in the Swansea area they are rarely sold out.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 11:26 - Apr 2 with 2620 viewsDr_Winston

Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 17:29 - Apr 1 by jackharris

I absolutely adore the architecture and building materials that have been used to construct the Great Hall! The predicted £200,000,000 complex is absolutely amazing! Whatever , the finishing cost will be!

Yup. Seems like they've actually put some thought into what it'll look like after twenty years of coastal weather, not just bunged up some cladded monstrosity like you see elsewhere in that neck of the woods.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 18:26 - Apr 3 with 2479 viewsEbo

According to this the hall has retractable and removable seating

http://www.audiencesystems.com/news/timelapse-swansea-university-great-hall

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 18:31 - Apr 3 with 2467 viewsDarran

Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 18:26 - Apr 3 by Ebo

According to this the hall has retractable and removable seating

http://www.audiencesystems.com/news/timelapse-swansea-university-great-hall

F*ck the seats I'll take my own when they having gigs there?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 22:38 - Apr 4 with 2316 viewsEbo

Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 18:31 - Apr 3 by Darran

F*ck the seats I'll take my own when they having gigs there?

Well this looks like the first 'gig;
https://www.wherecanwego.com/event/721295-dunvant-male-choir-37th-annual-patrons

Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 22:43 - Apr 4 with 2309 viewsDarran

Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 22:38 - Apr 4 by Ebo

Well this looks like the first 'gig;
https://www.wherecanwego.com/event/721295-dunvant-male-choir-37th-annual-patrons

Proper gigs mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 22:55 - Apr 4 with 2295 viewsEbo

Cafe at University Bay Campus, Great hall on 22:43 - Apr 4 by Darran

Proper gigs mun.

Just been looking at all South Wales gigs and it's a bit depressing how many tribute bands that are clogging up venues. This prevents proper bands getting a gig. No wonder no fecker comes here and I know this as fact as a promoter I know is getting frustrated by this as he can't get bands in because of it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024