Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs 16:58 - Apr 13 with 42670 viewsLord_Bony

You are no doubt aware that a consortium of US investors, led by Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan, is interested in acquiring shares in Swansea City football club. There is more information on this in a couple of articles on our website - click to read.

The articles outline the current position as we see it, and there is, of course interest in this ongoing situation across the whole 'Jackarmy' family. We are particularly grateful for your support as a full member of the Supporters Trust and have arranged, at very short notice, a meeting at the Liberty Stadium tomorrow evening (Thursday 14 April) at 7.30. It is difficult to say at this stage if there will be any additional information available at that meeting but we felt it would be an opportunity for members of the Trust Board to bring you up to speed and address any points/questions you may have.

The short notice and location of the meeting will, we appreciate, mean it will be difficult for many of you to attend and we will aim to ensure that you are kept up to date with developments both through the Trust's website and these emails.

Thanks for your support.

The Swans Trust team

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:24 - Apr 15 with 2718 viewsmonmouth

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:03 - Apr 15 by morningstar

I do believe that Huw Jenkins and Leigh Dineens shareholding (the two people who have taken the most flack) have a combined shareholding of approx 19%.

That would be extraordinarily amusing.

You have now entered the twilight zone.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:31 - Apr 15 with 2693 viewsdobjack2

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:23 - Apr 15 by oh_tommy_tommy

I don't like how under handed this seems to be .

How ever

How many times has HJ been slagged off for not letting on what's happening at the club .

He's always made sure (mostly)that everthing is right before releasing any kind of news .

I'm waiting until the official news comes out from the club .

Nobody knows anything at the moment .

It's the way that it they have gone about this that has pi$$ed people off and made fans suspicious.

It doesn't seem underhanded, it has been carried out in an underhand way.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:42 - Apr 15 with 2655 viewsmorningstar

How ever

How many times has HJ been slagged off for not letting on what's happening at the club .

He's always made sure (mostly)that everthing is right before releasing any kind of news .

HJ is the one man amongst all of this, that i believe is doing the best he can, (outside of the trust obviously). I've known him since i was 14, and i cannot accept that he would put personal gain over that of the club. I wouldn't be surprised if he has handled the sale of shares for those that want out out, kept his shareholding, and that is why he is remaining as chairman. I may be way of the mark, i am only surmising as i refuse to believe HJ could be so cynical.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:45 - Apr 15 with 2640 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:31 - Apr 15 by dobjack2

It's the way that it they have gone about this that has pi$$ed people off and made fans suspicious.

It doesn't seem underhanded, it has been carried out in an underhand way.

Well yes

Like I just said

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:54 - Apr 15 with 2607 viewsMattG

Just a quick post picking up on the mentions of David Conn. I contacted him previously regarding Moores and Noell (although he didn't get a chance to write anything before they high-tailed it out of town) and he emailed me last week asking for thoughts and background on Levien and Kaplan.

I've sent him a few emails including some key points from last night's Forum - he's very much on the case and one of the very few journalists I would spend my time helping out.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:54 - Apr 15 with 2607 viewsmorningstar

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:24 - Apr 15 by monmouth

Ye ok, i took it a bit far with the Leigh Dineen bit!

............Or did I?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:56 - Apr 15 with 2598 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:24 - Apr 15 by monmouth

Too far fetched I'd wager.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:16 - Apr 15 with 2525 viewsmorningstar

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:56 - Apr 15 by Uxbridge

Too far fetched I'd wager.

Of course it is. But how do you think the 19% of shares being held back is coming from or being made up from, and why do you think they would hold them back?

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:18 - Apr 15 with 2518 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:16 - Apr 15 by morningstar

Of course it is. But how do you think the 19% of shares being held back is coming from or being made up from, and why do you think they would hold them back?

Some may not think it's the best price they can get. Some may think they can have their cake and continue to eat it.

I suspect there will be plenty of twists and turns to come.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:26 - Apr 15 with 2490 viewsgiantstoneater

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:22 - Apr 15 by morningstar

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust/

Done thanks 'S.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:29 - Apr 15 with 2483 viewsgiantstoneater

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:26 - Apr 15 by giantstoneater

Done thanks 'S.

MS even!
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:13 - Apr 15 with 2393 viewsDavillin

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 17:40 - Apr 15 by blueytheblue

With all due respect, Dav, try reading David Conn's articles sometime.

You're conflating the local media in South Wales with one of the best impartial, fact based investigative journalists around. Might want to read his work on Hillsborough.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 17:41]

With all due respect in return, Blue, I did not write a single word about David Conn. I didn't even single write a word about "the local media in South Wales."

I wrote about the media in general. Perhaps he and local media in South Wales are exceptions, but what I wrote about the media in general is true.

[Parenthetically, what I posted about the Wales Online article bigging up the proposed sale of Swansea shares is a fair example of that.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:14 - Apr 15 with 2390 viewsDavillin

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 17:50 - Apr 15 by blueytheblue

Is that a picture of Quisling or am I mistaken?

I am pleasantly surprised at the prompt reply (5 minutes!). Well done.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 22:17]

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:24 - Apr 15 with 2364 viewsblueytheblue

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:13 - Apr 15 by Davillin

With all due respect in return, Blue, I did not write a single word about David Conn. I didn't even single write a word about "the local media in South Wales."

I wrote about the media in general. Perhaps he and local media in South Wales are exceptions, but what I wrote about the media in general is true.

[Parenthetically, what I posted about the Wales Online article bigging up the proposed sale of Swansea shares is a fair example of that.]

I know you wrote about the media in general, in response to HighJacks' post which was a joke based upon the journalist being surnamed Conn.

The local media in Wales are a complete and utter joke. No argument there. Media in general? Agree.

The point I was trying to make is that if David Conn is going to write about all this then what you are guaranteed is something factual, digging deep with fairly good research - for another article showing his journalistic abilities, read his piece about Leicester's interesting financial arrangements recently.

Right now, media wise he's the best journalist you could have looking at your cause.

The fact that he writes for the Guardian AND is a journalist I really rate is telling.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:34 - Apr 15 with 2321 viewsDavillin

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:24 - Apr 15 by blueytheblue

I know you wrote about the media in general, in response to HighJacks' post which was a joke based upon the journalist being surnamed Conn.

The local media in Wales are a complete and utter joke. No argument there. Media in general? Agree.

The point I was trying to make is that if David Conn is going to write about all this then what you are guaranteed is something factual, digging deep with fairly good research - for another article showing his journalistic abilities, read his piece about Leicester's interesting financial arrangements recently.

Right now, media wise he's the best journalist you could have looking at your cause.

The fact that he writes for the Guardian AND is a journalist I really rate is telling.

The exception proves the rule once again, then.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:34 - Apr 15 with 2318 viewsdobjack2

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:45 - Apr 15 by oh_tommy_tommy

Well yes

Like I just said

Sorry if we agree you said seem. There is no seem.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:38 - Apr 15 with 2309 viewsblueytheblue

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:34 - Apr 15 by Davillin

The exception proves the rule once again, then.

Well yes.

Like I just said.

I borrowed a reply from somebody else to another post because it was equally applicable here.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 10:24 - Apr 16 with 2033 viewsjohnlangy

How ever

This is how I feel as well.

I'm totally frustrated at the lack of info and there's no harm in making lots of noise so that NO ONE is unaware of how we feel but I also can't wait for something official from the Club or the potential new owners..
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 10:50 - Apr 16 with 1993 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Welsh media in Cardiff are a joke. Both the Western Mail (Which claims to be Wales' National newspaper) and BBC Cardiff (The local BBC station again claiming to represent ALL of Wales) have been biased for years. Probably because they can't be asked to get out of their offices and do any proper journalism.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 11:55 - Apr 16 with 1907 viewsmorningstar

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:42 - Apr 15 by morningstar

HJ is the one man amongst all of this, that i believe is doing the best he can, (outside of the trust obviously). I've known him since i was 14, and i cannot accept that he would put personal gain over that of the club. I wouldn't be surprised if he has handled the sale of shares for those that want out out, kept his shareholding, and that is why he is remaining as chairman. I may be way of the mark, i am only surmising as i refuse to believe HJ could be so cynical.

Darran was right about you, you thick tvvat!

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:13 - Apr 16 with 1799 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 11:55 - Apr 16 by morningstar

Darran was right about you, you thick tvvat!

You've obviously heard then !

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:18 - Apr 16 with 1789 viewsmorningstar

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:13 - Apr 16 by oh_tommy_tommy

You've obviously heard then !

No tommy, i just can't believe i posted such utter drivel last night! It was only meant to be a quick pint after work!

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:58 - Apr 16 with 1702 viewsSwanseajill

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:18 - Apr 16 by morningstar

No tommy, i just can't believe i posted such utter drivel last night! It was only meant to be a quick pint after work!

Of all the decades I've known you, I can't quite place you and a quick pint together.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 17:16 - Apr 16 with 1660 viewsmorningstar

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:58 - Apr 16 by Swanseajill

Of all the decades I've known you, I can't quite place you and a quick pint together.

innit eh!

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 17:19 - Apr 16 with 1655 viewsmonmouth

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 17:16 - Apr 16 by morningstar

innit eh!

I always remember when I was in Scotland I'd have a 'quick pint' after work. next day:

'why the f*ck did we have that seventh pint?'

'because we were thirsty?'

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024