Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs 16:58 - Apr 13 with 42673 viewsLord_Bony

You are no doubt aware that a consortium of US investors, led by Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan, is interested in acquiring shares in Swansea City football club. There is more information on this in a couple of articles on our website - click to read.

The articles outline the current position as we see it, and there is, of course interest in this ongoing situation across the whole 'Jackarmy' family. We are particularly grateful for your support as a full member of the Supporters Trust and have arranged, at very short notice, a meeting at the Liberty Stadium tomorrow evening (Thursday 14 April) at 7.30. It is difficult to say at this stage if there will be any additional information available at that meeting but we felt it would be an opportunity for members of the Trust Board to bring you up to speed and address any points/questions you may have.

The short notice and location of the meeting will, we appreciate, mean it will be difficult for many of you to attend and we will aim to ensure that you are kept up to date with developments both through the Trust's website and these emails.

Thanks for your support.

The Swans Trust team

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:35 - Apr 15 with 2628 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I wonder just what Alan Curtis thinks of all this?
We know how Mel feels about it.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:36 - Apr 15 with 2621 viewsLandore_Jack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:34 - Apr 15 by Borojack

They may have done who knows but I am sure Huw would have mentioned it to the trust

I doubt that very much. That document was signed in December 2015. The trust had no knowledge until two weeks ago. He must have been speaking to the Americans way before then.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 14:38]

#backtojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:42 - Apr 15 with 2595 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:36 - Apr 15 by Landore_Jack

I doubt that very much. That document was signed in December 2015. The trust had no knowledge until two weeks ago. He must have been speaking to the Americans way before then.

I think you may have missed the sarcasm :)
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:43 - Apr 15 with 2597 viewsBorojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:36 - Apr 15 by Landore_Jack

I know mate I was joking you asked why dont we talk to other investors.
We have no idea whats been going on.
Shady Huw saw to that

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:48 - Apr 15 with 2566 viewsSmellyplumz

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:10 - Apr 14 by londonlisa2001

Shocked and saddened as well, not that it's happened as I expected it would this summer, but very very sad at the subterfuge.

I sat in a meeting about 14 years or so ago, maybe a bit longer, with one of the people involved in this. It was a meeting in the Harry Griffiths bar with Silver Shield and Mike Lewis, both of whom, as most will remember, were linked with Keith Harris. Not in a million years did I think the person that sat next to me that evening would, 14 or 15 years later, employ the same Keith Harris to organise the sale of the club behind the backs of the people he stood so vocally with on that evening.

But I tell you something. Nothing that anyone can do for money will alter the fact that whether we are in the premier league or the second division of the bloody Aldi Southern Welsh League this is OUR club. We are not the same as all the others, whoever nominally owns us. THIS IS OUR CLUB and no one can sell that.

All fans say that but unfortunately we are now just like any other club. RIP scfc as we knew it.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:50 - Apr 15 with 2524 viewsLandore_Jack

We may not be able to stop the sale of shares but we can make a lot of noise. The percentage has already decreased from 75.1% to 60%.

#backtojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:56 - Apr 15 with 2503 viewsgiantstoneater

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:39 - Apr 14 by Joe_bradshaw

I left at 9:15

Huw Jenkins signed the heads of terms agreement on behalf of every shareholder except the trust. The document was signed on December 15th. The trust learned about the document on March 29th.
Two directors were described a being very angry that HJ had signed the document on their behalf without their knowledge. It may be moire than a co-incidence that the 75.1% is now being reported as 60% share sale in the light of that anger.

Levein wants to work with the trust he says and he was asked why he hadn't notified the trust back in December or earlier and his reply was that he was asked not to.

Huw Jenkins' reputation is in tatters there now.

At which point he should have said sorry Huw but I want the trust there at every meeting.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 15:42 - Apr 15 with 2393 viewswaynekerr55

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:30 - Apr 15 by WarwickHunt

David Conn helped us get Rich Lillicrap's (who must be turning in his grave) obituary published in The Guardian.
There isn't anyone out there more sympathetic to fan representation and clued up on the business of football and how it can be exploited.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/dec/23/everton-us-investors-john-m

Will be very interesting to hear his take on things...

He's already on the case!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:28 - Apr 15 with 2278 viewsSwanseajill

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 13:37 - Apr 15 by MoscowJack

Has there been ANY indication of the make up of the remaining 40%?

Will the Trust keep 21%
If so, who would own the remaining 19%?

I think this is pretty important, to be honest, and haven't seen it written about anywhere.

Ps glad to see David Conn's tweeted that he's going to write about it - that's excellent news and hopefully will highlight to many ignorant fans what's really been going on.

This was brought up last night about" who owns the missing shares"

It's all a bit " not sure"...except HC did say that he believes they are in company names.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:44 - Apr 15 with 2235 viewsLoyal

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:56 - Apr 15 by giantstoneater

At which point he should have said sorry Huw but I want the trust there at every meeting.

The arrogance of Huw for those that have known him can be stunning at times, he can also be an astute man - clearly people are choosing their side.

But to keep the information from Huw and Phil S is pretty calculating.
Clearly he doesn't trust - the trust.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:47 - Apr 15 with 2223 viewsHumpty

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 00:09 - Apr 15 by Uxbridge

Christ, what a whitewash.

So, despite the majority of the meeting discussing the fact that certain directors have gone behind the Trust's back (and potentially other shareholders) and attempted to sell the club out from under everyone's feet, Wathan's take is that the Trust concede that this deal could be appealing but our feelings were hurt.

He's a disgrace.

He's put a new piece out today.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/frustration-upset-ange

Seems more accurate from what I've read here.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:54 - Apr 15 with 2207 viewsLandore_Jack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:47 - Apr 15 by Humpty

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/frustration-upset-ange

He forgot to mentionl the two angry shareholders. HJ going behind everyone's back without the shareholders knowledge and consent. He also failed to mention Jason Levien being told not to approach the Trust.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 16:55]

#backtojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:55 - Apr 15 with 2202 viewsjacabertawe

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:47 - Apr 15 by Humpty

Yes, Wathan's summary here seems fair and balanced.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 17:26 - Apr 15 with 2136 viewsDafyddHuw

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:55 - Apr 15 by jacabertawe

Yes, Wathan's summary here seems fair and balanced.

Yup, seemed pretty fair to me.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 17:27 - Apr 15 with 2134 viewsDr_Winston

Only taken him the best part of a week too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 17:37 - Apr 15 with 2093 viewsDavillin

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 13:43 - Apr 15 by Highjack

If a journalist named Conn is our big hope then things are worse than I thought.

Highjack, you're dead right.

This is from someone with extensive personal experience in the matter.

The media might sometimes seem like they're on your side, but never, never believe it. They charm you solely in order to use you. When you're no longer useful, or when one of your "opponents" is more useful, they will drop you without remorse, and will turn on you as viciously as they once charmed you.

Count on it.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 17:40 - Apr 15 with 2078 viewsblueytheblue

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 17:37 - Apr 15 by Davillin

Highjack, you're dead right.

This is from someone with extensive personal experience in the matter.

The media might sometimes seem like they're on your side, but never, never believe it. They charm you solely in order to use you. When you're no longer useful, or when one of your "opponents" is more useful, they will drop you without remorse, and will turn on you as viciously as they once charmed you.

Count on it.

With all due respect, Dav, try reading David Conn's articles sometime.

You're conflating the local media in South Wales with one of the best impartial, fact based investigative journalists around. Might want to read his work on Hillsborough.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 17:41]

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 17:45 - Apr 15 with 2054 viewsDavillin

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 17:50 - Apr 15 with 2038 viewsblueytheblue

Is that a picture of Quisling or am I mistaken?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 19:20 - Apr 15 with 1854 viewsmorningstar

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 08:59 - Apr 15 by oh_tommy_tommy

Superb stuff Mon

Over to you Sir Hubert & the gang ,the ball is firmly in your court ,don't let yourselves down (more than you have already ).

I still beleive there's another twist in all this .

Call it a hunch tommy, but i also think there is a massive twist in all of this. If the takeover involves a sale of 60% shareholding and the trust hold 21%, then as we know there is 19% being held back. I am not convinced one bit that all of them are retaining a small percentage. Someone, or even more than one, is not selling.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 19:54 - Apr 15 with 1751 viewslonglostjack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 19:20 - Apr 15 by morningstar

Call it a hunch tommy, but i also think there is a massive twist in all of this. If the takeover involves a sale of 60% shareholding and the trust hold 21%, then as we know there is 19% being held back. I am not convinced one bit that all of them are retaining a small percentage. Someone, or even more than one, is not selling.

A twist at the end, just like a good thriller. Here's mine. Huw retains his shareholding under the pretence of having to placate the Trust. Signs an agreement for the transfer of proxy voting rights but deliberately slips in a legal error knowing that it wouldn't stand up in court. Voting rights revert to Huw and he realigns with the Trust in the interest of the club. Together they persuade a Welsh billionaire with an interest in the region and developing the club sustainably. The Yanks are happy to sell at a small profit and the club is once again run by the fans for the fans. I have a dream.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:03 - Apr 15 with 1724 viewsmorningstar

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 19:54 - Apr 15 by longlostjack

A twist at the end, just like a good thriller. Here's mine. Huw retains his shareholding under the pretence of having to placate the Trust. Signs an agreement for the transfer of proxy voting rights but deliberately slips in a legal error knowing that it wouldn't stand up in court. Voting rights revert to Huw and he realigns with the Trust in the interest of the club. Together they persuade a Welsh billionaire with an interest in the region and developing the club sustainably. The Yanks are happy to sell at a small profit and the club is once again run by the fans for the fans. I have a dream.

I do believe that Huw Jenkins and Leigh Dineens shareholding (the two people who have taken the most flack) have a combined shareholding of approx 19%.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:09 - Apr 15 with 1706 viewsgiantstoneater

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 16:44 - Apr 15 by Loyal

The arrogance of Huw for those that have known him can be stunning at times, he can also be an astute man - clearly people are choosing their side.

But to keep the information from Huw and Phil S is pretty calculating.
Clearly he doesn't trust - the trust.

If our new potential owners wanted to prove themselves to the trust then that was the moment instead US ordinary fans are left with no one to trust apart from the trust! Now where's that email with the online line to join (again!!)
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:22 - Apr 15 with 1659 viewsmorningstar

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:09 - Apr 15 by giantstoneater

If our new potential owners wanted to prove themselves to the trust then that was the moment instead US ordinary fans are left with no one to trust apart from the trust! Now where's that email with the online line to join (again!!)

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust/

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 20:23 - Apr 15 with 1656 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 19:20 - Apr 15 by morningstar

I don't like how under handed this seems to be .

How ever

How many times has HJ been slagged off for not letting on what's happening at the club .

He's always made sure (mostly)that everthing is right before releasing any kind of news .

I'm waiting until the official news comes out from the club .

Nobody knows anything at the moment .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024