Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs 16:58 - Apr 13 with 42678 viewsLord_Bony

You are no doubt aware that a consortium of US investors, led by Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan, is interested in acquiring shares in Swansea City football club. There is more information on this in a couple of articles on our website - click to read.

The articles outline the current position as we see it, and there is, of course interest in this ongoing situation across the whole 'Jackarmy' family. We are particularly grateful for your support as a full member of the Supporters Trust and have arranged, at very short notice, a meeting at the Liberty Stadium tomorrow evening (Thursday 14 April) at 7.30. It is difficult to say at this stage if there will be any additional information available at that meeting but we felt it would be an opportunity for members of the Trust Board to bring you up to speed and address any points/questions you may have.

The short notice and location of the meeting will, we appreciate, mean it will be difficult for many of you to attend and we will aim to ensure that you are kept up to date with developments both through the Trust's website and these emails.

Thanks for your support.

The Swans Trust team

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:47 - Apr 14 with 2322 viewsWatchman

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:40 - Apr 14 by blueytheblue

Ha, no sorry. I do have vastly more respect for yours than I do ours though.

:oD
There maybe fugh all we can do about the financial dealings but by god we will make those responsible be very very uncomfortable and uneasy about what they have done

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:48 - Apr 14 with 2286 viewsBorojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:47 - Apr 14 by Watchman

:oD
There maybe fugh all we can do about the financial dealings but by god we will make those responsible be very very uncomfortable and uneasy about what they have done

I wonder if they will be there for the Liverpool game.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:49 - Apr 14 with 2266 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:43 - Apr 14 by Landore_Jack

Nope. Phil confirmed it in the meeting. Leigh and Huw agreed to release that statement last Saturday.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 23:45]

I'm not sure I did to be honest but to be honest after 2 hours my brain is fried so I cant categorically deny it

The buyers believe the sellers released it and the sellers believe the buyers released it
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:50 - Apr 14 with 2243 viewsHighjack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:49 - Apr 14 by Phil_S

I'm not sure I did to be honest but to be honest after 2 hours my brain is fried so I cant categorically deny it

The buyers believe the sellers released it and the sellers believe the buyers released it

I thought Chris Wathan released it?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:52 - Apr 14 with 2217 viewsSwanseajill

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:34 - Apr 14 by Landore_Jack

Thought Huw Cooze and Phil Sumbler were excellent tonight. They spoke very well and from the heart. Answered every question. Well done guys!!

I would like to second that Landor. Phil spoke for over two hours and answered some very intelligent questioning from the room.
Phil also said that the last thing we need is a summer of uncertainty regards manager and players.

But The Trust won't be rushed into anything other than protecting the fans.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:53 - Apr 14 with 2199 viewsblaine_scfc

Just back from work, pretty damning words by HC, good on him. However stupid this sounds, It's been clear me since Jack to a King that the board could give two f*cks about the trust, they've been looking to sell up for some time, to do it behind the supporters trust stinks. Business is ruthless though, personal dollar first, club second.

Can see things getting pretty hostile in the coming weeks if I'm honest.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:53 - Apr 14 with 2191 viewsbarry_island

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:49 - Apr 14 by Phil_S

Who would you have more faith in Phil?

A no comment is an acceptable and understood response.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:55 - Apr 14 with 2159 viewsepaul

Saddened and gutted at how all this has turned out, money really is the root of all evil, don't begrudge them the cash they took the risk, but to be such sneaky b*stards and sh*t on the trust..................

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:55 - Apr 14 with 2149 viewsOldjack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:53 - Apr 14 by blaine_scfc

Just back from work, pretty damning words by HC, good on him. However stupid this sounds, It's been clear me since Jack to a King that the board could give two f*cks about the trust, they've been looking to sell up for some time, to do it behind the supporters trust stinks. Business is ruthless though, personal dollar first, club second.

Once it dawned on them we may well go down ,only one thing on their minds SELL SELL SELL

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:57 - Apr 14 with 2124 viewsWatchman

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:52 - Apr 14 by Swanseajill

I would like to second that Landor. Phil spoke for over two hours and answered some very intelligent questioning from the room.
Phil also said that the last thing we need is a summer of uncertainty regards manager and players.

But The Trust won't be rushed into anything other than protecting the fans.

The fans are the Fans! Lorr ! the club is what we look after!

#Trustyourwell

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:58 - Apr 14 with 2131 viewsmonmouth

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:53 - Apr 14 by blaine_scfc

I can't.
Much as every blood cell I have is crying out for justice and revenge. 90% of the crowd at the Liberty would probably give Jenkins a standing ovation for his hard work in securing investment, and his selfless devotion to the cloob he looves.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:00 - Apr 14 with 2104 viewsSwanseajill

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:55 - Apr 14 by epaul

Saddened and gutted at how all this has turned out, money really is the root of all evil, don't begrudge them the cash they took the risk, but to be such sneaky b*stards and sh*t on the trust..................

It's a sad state of affairs Watch.

Considering that in general The Trust, and fans who are not Trust members have supported this board from day one.
As Was said in the meeting...the fans, the Trust and H.C. in particular have been stabbed in the back.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:01 - Apr 14 with 2085 viewsBorojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:55 - Apr 14 by Oldjack

Once it dawned on them we may well go down ,only one thing on their minds SELL SELL SELL

In the long run we may have been better off going down who knows.
They could make more money by stripping the club themselves but dont have the balls to that it appears.
Rather get the yanks to pay for the privalige.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:02 - Apr 14 with 2056 viewsblueytheblue

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:58 - Apr 14 by monmouth

I can't.
Much as every blood cell I have is crying out for justice and revenge. 90% of the crowd at the Liberty would probably give Jenkins a standing ovation for his hard work in securing investment, and his selfless devotion to the cloob he looves.

Nor can I.

That's the reason for all the PR stuff in the media. How many reading that are going to question?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:05 - Apr 14 with 2024 viewsmax936

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:58 - Apr 14 by monmouth

I can't.

He loves this more Monny

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:05 - Apr 14 with 2023 viewsSwanseajill

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:02 - Apr 14 by blueytheblue

Nor can I.

That's the reason for all the PR stuff in the media. How many reading that are going to question?

Well the media that was there tonight, certainly now know the anger that the fans are feeling.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:06 - Apr 14 with 2001 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:53 - Apr 14 by barry_island

Who would you have more faith in Phil?

A no comment is an acceptable and understood response.

Trying to answer as best as I can

The sellers we have worked with for a long time and we haven't done a bad job all things considered. Change can sometimes be goodbut I dont know enough (yet) about the new guys to make a considered judgement

As said at the meeting the most important thing is the football club and that's probably the clearest thing in my mind
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:08 - Apr 14 with 1959 viewsWatchman

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:05 - Apr 14 by Swanseajill

Well the media that was there tonight, certainly now know the anger that the fans are feeling.

Sadly though they will not want to rock the boat! too many nice freebies to lose if they did! There again if I was Steve Tucker I would be all over this like rash

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:09 - Apr 14 with 1951 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The shareholders who aren't selling or aren't selling all their shares could give the voting rights of some of their shares to the Trust as and when necessary so that the Trust holds 25.1% voting rights for certain decisions.

Or am I being simple?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:09 - Apr 14 with 1946 viewsblueytheblue

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:05 - Apr 14 by Swanseajill

Yeah, however...

The other side got their info out first. They set the agenda. It's as simple as that.

Media may report fans anger but it'll be couched or easily deflected - "why, we want to invest in your mighty fine club, yee-haaa. SOME fans are upset and being irrational...."

Most fans are casual. Read the media. From their point of view, they see the points, 100m investment. Stadium purchase and expansion. It's all great and rosy from that initial report. Do they care or worry about the intricate details and consequences? Nah. they just want investment to take club to next level as the initial report claims.

AS they got their info out first, criticism et al will be deflected as being from a minority section.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:09 - Apr 14 with 1937 viewsOldjack

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/RECAP-learned-tonight-s-Swans-Trust-meet

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:10 - Apr 14 with 1926 viewsClinton

It's unclear to me. What are the next steps for the Trust?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:10 - Apr 14 with 1924 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:55 - Apr 14 by epaul

Shocked and saddened as well, not that it's happened as I expected it would this summer, but very very sad at the subterfuge.

I sat in a meeting about 14 years or so ago, maybe a bit longer, with one of the people involved in this. It was a meeting in the Harry Griffiths bar with Silver Shield and Mike Lewis, both of whom, as most will remember, were linked with Keith Harris. Not in a million years did I think the person that sat next to me that evening would, 14 or 15 years later, employ the same Keith Harris to organise the sale of the club behind the backs of the people he stood so vocally with on that evening.

But I tell you something. Nothing that anyone can do for money will alter the fact that whether we are in the premier league or the second division of the bloody Aldi Southern Welsh League this is OUR club. We are not the same as all the others, whoever nominally owns us. THIS IS OUR CLUB and no one can sell that.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:11 - Apr 14 with 1916 viewsBorojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:06 - Apr 14 by Phil_S

Trying to answer as best as I can

The sellers we have worked with for a long time and we haven't done a bad job all things considered. Change can sometimes be goodbut I dont know enough (yet) about the new guys to make a considered judgement

As said at the meeting the most important thing is the football club and that's probably the clearest thing in my mind

Phil.
Why do you think the sellers went behind the trusts back.
At the end of the day the trust could not stop the sale and possibly a lot of the anger on here tonight could have been avoided.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:12 - Apr 14 with 1889 viewsCeejay

In Huw we're trussed.

Sad day.

Change may not necessarily be bad #STID
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024