Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs 16:58 - Apr 13 with 42668 viewsLord_Bony

You are no doubt aware that a consortium of US investors, led by Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan, is interested in acquiring shares in Swansea City football club. There is more information on this in a couple of articles on our website - click to read.

The articles outline the current position as we see it, and there is, of course interest in this ongoing situation across the whole 'Jackarmy' family. We are particularly grateful for your support as a full member of the Supporters Trust and have arranged, at very short notice, a meeting at the Liberty Stadium tomorrow evening (Thursday 14 April) at 7.30. It is difficult to say at this stage if there will be any additional information available at that meeting but we felt it would be an opportunity for members of the Trust Board to bring you up to speed and address any points/questions you may have.

The short notice and location of the meeting will, we appreciate, mean it will be difficult for many of you to attend and we will aim to ensure that you are kept up to date with developments both through the Trust's website and these emails.

Thanks for your support.

The Swans Trust team

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:48 - Apr 14 with 2345 viewsHighjack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:09 - Apr 14 by max936

So Huw Jenkins was the first to sign up, ffs plus him and the other gutless tw@t Dineen declined the invitation to attend tonight, that tells you everything.

They are busy shopping in the DFS sale for one of those solid gold thrones Peter Ridsdale liked to be photographed on.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:52 - Apr 14 with 2271 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

So what's happening then , are we still none the wiser apart from people buying & selling shares ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:53 - Apr 14 with 2241 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:39 - Apr 14 by Joe_bradshaw

I left at 9:15

Huw Jenkins signed the heads of terms agreement on behalf of every shareholder except the trust. The document was signed on December 15th. The trust learned about the document on March 29th.
Two directors were described a being very angry that HJ had signed the document on their behalf without their knowledge. It may be moire than a co-incidence that the 75.1% is now being reported as 60% share sale in the light of that anger.

Levein wants to work with the trust he says and he was asked why he hadn't notified the trust back in December or earlier and his reply was that he was asked not to.

Huw Jenkins' reputation is in tatters there now.

Yet some people want him to continue as chairman...
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:54 - Apr 14 with 2224 viewsItchySphincter

Did this Leivin chap turn up to the trust meeting and take questions then or am I misunderstanding?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:55 - Apr 14 with 2200 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:54 - Apr 14 by ItchySphincter

Did this Leivin chap turn up to the trust meeting and take questions then or am I misunderstanding?

No. That question was asked of him last Saturday.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:55 - Apr 14 with 2187 viewsPozuelosSideys

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:47 - Apr 14 by Highjack

Keith Harris? Silver Shield? Have I wandered into a fu cking time warp?

'Fraid so. Carl Heggs and his rolled down socks to start up front for us next season too.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:56 - Apr 14 with 2171 viewsDewi1jack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:42 - Apr 14 by Dr_Winston

The lawyers will be rubbing their hands.

If there is no "allegedly" word in the signing on behalf of statement then I sincerely hope so.
Sue Jenkins (no more nice cosy HJ) and anyone else for (at least) £4 million and buy the extra shares needed to get to the magic 25.1%
If he's taken an "executive" decision and it's only his name in the frame (or on paper) then there is a distinct possibility of a fraud accusation, although I know very little of company law (majority shareholder of my company!!) so I am probably wrong.
After the sly, sneaky way he's done business, then I sincerely hope I'm right

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:57 - Apr 14 with 2154 viewsDarran

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:53 - Apr 14 by WarwickHunt

I don't see a problem with him continuing.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:58 - Apr 14 with 2121 viewsItchySphincter

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:55 - Apr 14 by Joe_bradshaw

No. That question was asked of him last Saturday.

Thank you Joe.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:59 - Apr 14 with 2102 viewsLegend83

What the f*ck was Jenkins thinking?! In what way could he possibly have thought this would end well for the club or him?

In this one action he has completely changed the landscape of the club for the worse. The board will now likely be divisive, an air of awkwardness and shame will be prevalent.

I thought money would come first and the club second, I didn't think it would be dragged through the gutter. A total shambles.

Sly, underhand, indeed. F*cking muppetry of the highest order - definitely.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:01 - Apr 14 with 2061 viewsLord_Bony

I m rally not getting how Huw Jenkins can sign the H.O.T on behalf of all the shareholders??

I mean is that legal or ethical without a shareholders meeting taking place first and full disclosure of the deal?

Maybe such a meeting did take place on the quiet.

Either way Huw Cooze and the Trust have been stabbed in the back...they are there to protect the club and represent the fans...pretty much unique in football these days.

They were blatantly usurped and kept in the dark while a deal was drawn up.

Somethings not right there...

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:01 - Apr 14 with 2054 viewsDr_Winston

His recent actions aside, the man knows how to run a football club, managerial appointments in 2013/14 notwithstanding.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:01 - Apr 14 with 2048 viewsLandore_Jack

Two of the shareholders are very angry with Huw Jenkins for going behind their back. He signed a document without their consent. It was signed on the 18th of December. He must have been talking with the Americans way before then.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 22:02]

#backtojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:02 - Apr 14 with 2041 viewsthevetch

he better get a bigger bouncer once a snake always a snake hes got to go now even if it is a good deal
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:02 - Apr 14 with 2033 viewsDr_Winston

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:47 - Apr 14 by Highjack

Keith Harris? Silver Shield? Have I wandered into a fu cking time warp?

The only way to find out is to take a jump to the left.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:02 - Apr 14 with 2030 viewsPozuelosSideys

Dont think its a wise idea for Jenkins or any of the other shareholders who are involved to stay around the club going forward. In a way its understandable that they are cashing out, but its unacceptable in the way that it has been done. When the cash is out its thank you and good bye. You become a fan again, albeit one who wont be as appreciated as you were or could have been.

There is no hanging on to the shirt tails, its a clean break now and there is no going back.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:03 - Apr 14 with 2010 viewsBLAZE

He'll not want it if he has any sense. Any goodwill he and Dineen had banked is out the window now. No more excusing basic f#ck ups and poor performance behind the scenes
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:05 - Apr 14 with 1974 viewsWatchman

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:01 - Apr 14 by Landore_Jack

Two of the shareholders are very angry with Huw Jenkins for going behind their back. He signed a document without their consent. It was signed on the 18th of December. He must have been talking with the Americans way before then.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 22:02]

do we have a time line of when and where of whereabouts when managers were being discussed

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:08 - Apr 14 with 1923 viewsPozuelosSideys

Ha, so Jenkins doing a Martinez. Saying he was in one place when actually being sopmewhere else.

"Meeting Bielsa in Argentina" must be code for "Sale of club to random Americans".

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:09 - Apr 14 with 1911 viewsDr_Winston

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:08 - Apr 14 by PozuelosSideys

Ha, so Jenkins doing a Martinez. Saying he was in one place when actually being sopmewhere else.

"Meeting Bielsa in Argentina" must be code for "Sale of club to random Americans".

Interesting point that.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:09 - Apr 14 with 1875 viewsLandore_Jack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:05 - Apr 14 by Watchman

do we have a time line of when and where of whereabouts when managers were being discussed

Not sure sorry. The trust had no knowledge of the deal until they saw a document signed by Huw two weeks before the Chelsea game. There is a shareholders agreement that states the sale of shares must be offered to the existing share holders. That has not happened. Trust legal team are on the case.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 22:13]

#backtojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:13 - Apr 14 with 1808 viewsbarry_island

Meeting bielsa in Argentina is almost an anagram of selling club to random Americans.

As the board are not speaking other than to tell us about their travel plans for the weekend or that they are STID everyone is left to make their own assumptions.

[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 22:18]

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:13 - Apr 14 with 1796 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:08 - Apr 14 by PozuelosSideys

I was "meeting Bielsa in Argentina" - that could catch on.

No luv, I wasn't in the pub...
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:15 - Apr 14 with 1766 viewswaynekerr55

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:09 - Apr 14 by max936

So Huw Jenkins was the first to sign up, ffs plus him and the other gutless tw@t Dineen declined the invitation to attend tonight, that tells you everything.

Talking of Walt Disney, how many people has he blocked tonight?

Fûcking moron that he is

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:18 - Apr 14 with 1712 viewsmonmouth

Well, not much to be said really. What a bunch of total shits.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024