Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexiters, why? 12:51 - Apr 22 with 28383 viewsthe_oracle

When are the Brexiters going to be honest about the reason they want out?
By any objective view business says stay in. Support from the IMF, CBI big businesses like BT vodaphone, Marks and Spencers, BAE, Easy Jet etc etc. World leader say stay in to protect our position as a world power, to hold the EU together, prevent conflict etc. Unions cite worker’s protection as a reason to stay in. All the main parties support in, the Treasury says in. There are warnings from EU leaders that if we are not part of the club we will have serious problems.
I have not heard a single cogent reason, financially, to get out. Kate Hoey one of the Brexit leaders embarrassingly couldn’t site a single report saying why we would be better off. A few politicians led by Boris and Farage are for out. That’s it. There is no clear explanation of what happens next from them, they just don’t seem to know.
Everything seems to point to the view that “remain” is right.
So be honest, Brexiters, is it immigration?
Brexiters, why? on 17:45 - Apr 23 with 2298 viewsDavillin

Brexiters, why? on 17:07 - Apr 23 by exiledclaseboy

The crux of Obama's words was that the USA's priority would be to negotiate a trade agreement with a large, multi-nation bloc rather than prioritise such an agreement with a single nation like the UK.

"And on that matter, for example, I think it’s fair to say that maybe some point down the line there might be a UK-US trade agreement, but it’s not going to happen any time soon because our focus is in negotiating with a big bloc, the European Union, to get a trade agreement done. The U.K. Is going to be in the back of the queue."

Which of course makes sense for the president of the USA to put the USA's interests first.

Thanks, ECB.

However, obama does not say that he or the U.S. would put the U.K at the end of the line. It is clear, at least to me, that he is saying that the U.K. would put herself at the end of the line by withdrawing from the E.U..

What pistme off on this whole sad story is that obama would then put the E.U. before the U.K. for his own selfish reasons [another whopper of a thread, in which I will not participate, in order to maintain my composure].

He has spent seven and a half years pissingoff our friends and bigging up our adversaries -- among dozens of other hateful things that are ruining the U.S. in every conceivable way [and another whopper of a thread, in which I will not participate, in order to maintain my composure].

Let no-one misunderstand. This is all his monomaniacal doing, and not that of the country.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Brexiters, why? on 17:58 - Apr 23 with 2272 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexiters, why? on 17:45 - Apr 23 by Davillin

Thanks, ECB.

However, obama does not say that he or the U.S. would put the U.K at the end of the line. It is clear, at least to me, that he is saying that the U.K. would put herself at the end of the line by withdrawing from the E.U..

What pistme off on this whole sad story is that obama would then put the E.U. before the U.K. for his own selfish reasons [another whopper of a thread, in which I will not participate, in order to maintain my composure].

He has spent seven and a half years pissingoff our friends and bigging up our adversaries -- among dozens of other hateful things that are ruining the U.S. in every conceivable way [and another whopper of a thread, in which I will not participate, in order to maintain my composure].

Let no-one misunderstand. This is all his monomaniacal doing, and not that of the country.

I may be over-thinking this but it's intriguing me.

Is there a reason why you don't use a capital "O" when typing Obama?

PS - I know I owe you an email. I apologise, it's been a manic couple of weeks. Please bear with me.

Poll: Tory leader

Brexiters, why? on 18:07 - Apr 23 with 2267 viewsGowerjack

Brexiters, why? on 16:22 - Apr 23 by Davillin

LB, I have spent about 20 minutes trying to find the text of that speech. I remember him not saying "the US would send Britain to the back of the que [sic]," but that Britain would not do well from the back of the queue, or words to that effect.

I will stand corrected if someone will show me the literal text.

I rush to point out that I do not "defend" obama, as I think he has been the absolute worst president the U.S. has ever had, turning everything he touches into shit.

[I just do not want anyone to think that he speaks for the U.S., because he doesn't.]

Yes he does.

He is your President.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Brexiters, why? on 18:12 - Apr 23 with 2250 viewsSwanzay

If any thing his speech showed we are still wanting to be the US lap dog!

Vomit
Brexiters, why? on 18:23 - Apr 23 with 2230 viewsjohnlangy

With the brexiters complaining about Obama saying that in his opinion we should stay in the EU I think it's well worth pointing out that if he was to have said the opposite they'd be all over him like a rash saying if the President of the good old US of A thinks we should leave then it must be right.

Hypocritical pillocks the lot of them.
Brexiters, why? on 18:24 - Apr 23 with 2229 viewsKilkennyjack

Thanks to Mr President, leader of the free world, for backing the interests of every welshman and every welshwoman in backing the stay in Europe campaign. Don't be a little Englander - and think for yourself. Wales is better in Europe.

Beware of the Risen People

Brexiters, why? on 18:24 - Apr 23 with 2228 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexiters, why? on 18:23 - Apr 23 by johnlangy

With the brexiters complaining about Obama saying that in his opinion we should stay in the EU I think it's well worth pointing out that if he was to have said the opposite they'd be all over him like a rash saying if the President of the good old US of A thinks we should leave then it must be right.

Hypocritical pillocks the lot of them.

All true. This is a terrible campaign populated by idiots on both sides.

Brexiters, why? on 19:10 - Apr 23 with 2191 viewsGowerjack

Brexiters, why? on 18:24 - Apr 23 by exiledclaseboy

All true. This is a terrible campaign populated by idiots on both sides.

Yes.

It would have been good to have some reasoned debate on this issue.

Never mind.

Plastic since 1974

Login to get fewer ads

Brexiters, why? on 19:14 - Apr 23 with 2189 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexiters, why? on 19:10 - Apr 23 by Gowerjack

Yes.

It would have been good to have some reasoned debate on this issue.

Never mind.

Was never going to happen. The U.K. is incapable of having a sensible debate about the EU.

Brexiters, why? on 20:24 - Apr 23 with 2148 viewsFlashberryjack

Brexiters, why? on 19:14 - Apr 23 by exiledclaseboy

Was never going to happen. The U.K. is incapable of having a sensible debate about the EU.

I think the EU is incapable of having a sensible debate about the UK

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Brexiters, why? on 20:38 - Apr 23 with 2137 viewsswanjackal

Brexiters, why? on 17:46 - Apr 22 by the_oracle

Some interesting views so far.
Immigration raises its head, but we will still be filling up with non EU migrants from Pakistan, Bangladesh etc in or out of EU. I've just seen this on another thread " It just seems like the country is being swept by some kind of paranoid persecution complex, mixed up with a large dose of jingoism and xenophobia, where it's all them against us and everything's wrong and it's all the EU's fault. We're so wonderful we can just go off and do it alone".
Do you think any protection the working man has gained from EU membership will still be in place within a year of leaving? Do you think a club of twenty seven will really treat us as an equal?

Odd no outers mentioned the Hoey interview, a leader of the out campaign who has no idea what will happen. Are you outers willing to risk our future on a hope we will be ok? Do you really think we can go back to the time of Empire and the golden age of British trade and expansionism?

Sorry, didn't mean to down vote.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Brexiters, why? on 20:40 - Apr 23 with 2131 viewsPozuelosSideys

So Obama suggests it would be wise for the UK to become entwined in amongst the rest of the EU for economic reasons? Fair enough. In a round about way suggests that they would rather trade with a large bloc than multiple small ones? Again fair enough for a multitude of reasons.

However, dig a bit deeper and behind the rhetoric and soundbites telling the young to "reject cynicism", stuff like TTIP (see link) continues to carry on beneath the radar. Who gains with this? The public? Big Business? Politicians? Take a guess. You think the Chinese dumping steal has caused problems? Just wait until the Americans and other cheaper EU nations start dumping their products here too. It keeps wages down, a nice high educated market to tap into and easy access "En bloc".

Fcking lame duck.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36120560

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Brexiters, why? on 20:48 - Apr 23 with 2124 viewsLeonisGod

Brexiters, why? on 18:24 - Apr 23 by Kilkennyjack

Thanks to Mr President, leader of the free world, for backing the interests of every welshman and every welshwoman in backing the stay in Europe campaign. Don't be a little Englander - and think for yourself. Wales is better in Europe.

This article covers most of my reasons for wanting to stay in: I just think we (Wales) is better in. If anything we're better off in the EU than we are the UK.

"So, apart from free trade, solidarity, jobs, environmental sustainability, justice, and peace, what has the EU ever done for us?"

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/9262756
Brexiters, why? on 20:49 - Apr 23 with 2117 viewsblueytheblue

Will be interesting to see how trade between US/UK and US/Eu matches up financially.

Then again Obama is a lame duck president right now looking for a legacy. For what, god knows...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Brexiters, why? on 20:50 - Apr 23 with 2116 viewsHighjack

Why is the Eu good for Wales though? Is it because we hold our hands out like a beggar on the street and they give us some spare change? Is this what you want for Wales?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Brexiters, why? on 21:34 - Apr 23 with 2084 viewsPozuelosSideys

Brexiters, why? on 20:48 - Apr 23 by LeonisGod

This article covers most of my reasons for wanting to stay in: I just think we (Wales) is better in. If anything we're better off in the EU than we are the UK.

"So, apart from free trade, solidarity, jobs, environmental sustainability, justice, and peace, what has the EU ever done for us?"

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/9262756

Are you saying the UK wouldnt have those things outside of the EU?

The EU actually discourages and in some instances makes "free trade" illegal outside of the bloc.

Solidarity? Ermmm..

Jobs? There are many arguments for this both ways - it depends where you are! Im sure the Greeks, Spanish, Portuguese and Italians would disagree.

Environmental Sustainability? Justice?
[Post edited 23 Apr 2016 21:35]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Brexiters, why? on 22:14 - Apr 23 with 2059 viewsbillybob

Brexiters, why? on 21:34 - Apr 23 by PozuelosSideys

Are you saying the UK wouldnt have those things outside of the EU?

The EU actually discourages and in some instances makes "free trade" illegal outside of the bloc.

Solidarity? Ermmm..

Jobs? There are many arguments for this both ways - it depends where you are! Im sure the Greeks, Spanish, Portuguese and Italians would disagree.

Environmental Sustainability? Justice?
[Post edited 23 Apr 2016 21:35]

It's not democratic end of argument, Mr Benn will explain it for you.
Brexiters, why? on 22:21 - Apr 23 with 2055 viewsbillybob

Brexiters, why? on 23:18 - Apr 23 with 2025 viewsLohengrin

Brexiters, why? on 22:21 - Apr 23 by billybob

How can you stomach that hideous old fraud sitting there spouting about freedom, democracy and all the rest of it when he spent his entire life as an apologist/agent for the predacious baboons in The Kremlin?

If there is a Hell, and I'm sure there is, he's paying now.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Brexiters, why? on 23:21 - Apr 23 with 2021 viewsblueytheblue

Brexiters, why? on 23:18 - Apr 23 by Lohengrin

How can you stomach that hideous old fraud sitting there spouting about freedom, democracy and all the rest of it when he spent his entire life as an apologist/agent for the predacious baboons in The Kremlin?

He's probably got an off shore deal with the devil, tbh.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Brexiters, why? on 23:22 - Apr 23 with 2020 viewsLohengrin

Brexiters, why? on 23:21 - Apr 23 by blueytheblue

He's probably got an off shore deal with the devil, tbh.

Bluey, just the man. Have you been to Jerusalem?

Brexiters, why? on 23:59 - Apr 23 with 2007 viewsGowerjack

Brexiters, why? on 23:18 - Apr 23 by Lohengrin

Loh

There's no such place as Hell.

Just saying.

Plastic since 1974

Brexiters, why? on 00:05 - Apr 24 with 2003 viewsLohengrin

Brexiters, why? on 23:59 - Apr 23 by Gowerjack

Loh

There's no such place as Hell.

Just saying.

Come back and talk to me if Brexit comes to pass...

Brexiters, why? on 00:41 - Apr 24 with 1980 viewsBigPhilG

It's none of his business he's just doing what Cameron's begged him to do. He should look at his own country first and sort out the idiots with firearms there amongst other things.
One way or another the people of the U.K. Will decide
Brexiters, why? on 00:42 - Apr 24 with 1978 viewsLoyal

Brexiters, why? on 00:41 - Apr 24 by BigPhilG

It's none of his business he's just doing what Cameron's begged him to do. He should look at his own country first and sort out the idiots with firearms there amongst other things.
One way or another the people of the U.K. Will decide

After being influenced.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024