Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ken Livingstone 14:02 - Apr 28 with 21466 viewsDarran

C*nt,end of.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ken Livingstone on 16:42 - Apr 28 with 1602 viewsblueytheblue

Hardly a panacea though. Leave Germany without possessions and assets, hope a Nazi party becoming increasing more aggressive in it's view towards Jews would live up to their end of the agreement. Understandable at that point some Jews would want to voluntarily leave when signs were mounting that nothing good would come out of idling around.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Ken Livingstone on 16:43 - Apr 28 with 1595 viewsLohengrin

Ken Livingstone on 16:34 - Apr 28 by londonlisa2001

It's the backdrop of the remarks made by Naz Shah.

And he constantly merges and confuses discussion of Israel, Zionism and Jewish people rather as you have just done.

There you have me at an advantage, Lisa. Marooned on 12-hour shifts I've heard or read very little of what has precipitated today's headline. To be honest I didn't know of this Bradford MP at all until today.

Incidentally all I've done is respond to the Hitler comments on The Beeb.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Ken Livingstone on 16:46 - Apr 28 with 1587 viewsLohengrin

Ken Livingstone on 16:42 - Apr 28 by blueytheblue

Hardly a panacea though. Leave Germany without possessions and assets, hope a Nazi party becoming increasing more aggressive in it's view towards Jews would live up to their end of the agreement. Understandable at that point some Jews would want to voluntarily leave when signs were mounting that nothing good would come out of idling around.

I completely agree with you, on all counts.

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:46 - Apr 28 with 1584 viewsbuilthjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:41 - Apr 28 by Clinton

How did they know?
Did you suggest a game of shirts vs skins.

My girlfriend at the time was Jewish, even she said it was stupid that I couldn't play football with them

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ken Livingstone on 16:48 - Apr 28 with 1577 viewsbuilthjack

Ken Livingstone on 16:08 - Apr 28 by londonlisa2001

There is a very real problem amongst certain elements of the Labour Party where they fall over themselves to such an extent in support of the Palestinians that they become quite blatantly anti Semitic.

This is one of those occasions and it's completely right that he's finally been suspended.

The original remark that started all this was quite obviously anti Semitic and Livingstone trying to justify it by citing Hitler was beyond what could be termed reasonable.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 16:10]

There are a lot of Jewish MP's, and Lords.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ken Livingstone on 16:48 - Apr 28 with 1577 viewslondonlisa2001

Ken Livingstone on 16:43 - Apr 28 by Lohengrin

There you have me at an advantage, Lisa. Marooned on 12-hour shifts I've heard or read very little of what has precipitated today's headline. To be honest I didn't know of this Bradford MP at all until today.

Incidentally all I've done is respond to the Hitler comments on The Beeb.

Ah - no - it's the backdrop that's made all the difference.

It was less the Hitler remark in isolation that resulted in his suspension rather than the justification if Naz Shah's comment by using Hitler.

She said that it would solve the Middle East issue if Israel was just forcibly moved to the U.S.

Imagine the fuss from people like Livingstone if a Jewish MP had said that Palestinians should all just be forcibly repatriated to Saudi (or similar).
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:48 - Apr 28 with 1574 viewsLohengrin

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:46 - Apr 28 by builthjack

My girlfriend at the time was Jewish, even she said it was stupid that I couldn't play football with them

Perhaps they thought you wasn't much of a player and this was a way of saying no thank you and sparing your feelings at the same time?

Ken Livingstone on 16:49 - Apr 28 with 1572 viewslondonlisa2001

Ken Livingstone on 16:48 - Apr 28 by builthjack

There are a lot of Jewish MP's, and Lords.

Don't see why that's relevant.
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:51 - Apr 28 with 1570 viewsbuilthjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:48 - Apr 28 by Lohengrin

Perhaps they thought you wasn't much of a player and this was a way of saying no thank you and sparing your feelings at the same time?

Ah, I never thought of that

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:51 - Apr 28 with 1568 viewsblueytheblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:51 - Apr 28 by builthjack

Ah, I never thought of that

Da Jooz runz everyfink, zee?

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:54 - Apr 28 with 1557 viewsacejack3065

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:51 - Apr 28 by blueytheblue

Da Jooz runz everyfink, zee?

They certainly run that Kosher Deli I saw the other day.
Ken Livingstone on 16:55 - Apr 28 with 1554 viewsLohengrin

Ken Livingstone on 16:48 - Apr 28 by londonlisa2001

Ah - no - it's the backdrop that's made all the difference.

It was less the Hitler remark in isolation that resulted in his suspension rather than the justification if Naz Shah's comment by using Hitler.

She said that it would solve the Middle East issue if Israel was just forcibly moved to the U.S.

Imagine the fuss from people like Livingstone if a Jewish MP had said that Palestinians should all just be forcibly repatriated to Saudi (or similar).

Ah! right. I'm with you now. It's all a bit student-lefty, really.

I wonder if many of the Labour supporters on here realise that was, give or take, Labour's best outcome scenario in the period '45 to '47/8 as adumbrated by Ernest Bevin?

Ken Livingstone on 17:11 - Apr 28 with 1518 viewslondonlisa2001

Ken Livingstone on 16:55 - Apr 28 by Lohengrin

Ah! right. I'm with you now. It's all a bit student-lefty, really.

I wonder if many of the Labour supporters on here realise that was, give or take, Labour's best outcome scenario in the period '45 to '47/8 as adumbrated by Ernest Bevin?

Many a hard line lefty has difficulty in finding a balance between supposed hatred of all religious and ethnic discrimination and an ingrained dislike of many common characteristics of the Jewish people.
Ken Livingstone on 17:15 - Apr 28 with 1507 viewsHighjack

Ken Livingstone on 16:26 - Apr 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Nah, you're thinking of Corbyn mate

He said flanked not wan ked.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ken Livingstone on 17:16 - Apr 28 with 1507 viewsblueytheblue

What I loved was David Baddiel "warning" Labour of the hard left containing anti-semitic elements, the same David Baddiel who condemened Spurs fans for chanting "Yid army".

He conveniently forgot to mention anti-semitic chants by his beloved Chelsea. He was called out about that on social media, blocked people who referred to it. He then wrote a cloying article about his feelings when it happened, how he felt like a wimp for not confronting the person ( because Chelsea only have one anti semitic follower... ). When asked if he reported it to a steward or the police, he started blocking people again.

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:18 - Apr 28 with 1466 viewswaynekerr55

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:28 - Apr 28 by builthjack

That reminds me of when I was asked to play in a 5 a side league by a work colleague when working in London years ago. It turned out I couldn't play as it was a Jewish league.
Hope that's been banned in modern times.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Ken Livingstone on 17:26 - Apr 28 with 1447 viewsHighjack

I don't know much about what he's said but he's right to say there's a difference between criticising israel as an entity and and being anti Semitic. You don't have to hate the North Korean people to think Kim Jong is a bellend.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ken Livingstone on 17:31 - Apr 28 with 1434 viewsblueytheblue

Ken Livingstone on 17:26 - Apr 28 by Highjack

I don't know much about what he's said but he's right to say there's a difference between criticising israel as an entity and and being anti Semitic. You don't have to hate the North Korean people to think Kim Jong is a bellend.

Of course there's a difference.

It's just the fact that nobody criticising Israel is driven by anti-semitism at all. Ever. Never happened, honest guv.

I mean, Vicky Kirby was clearly just referring to those evil Zionists when she made posts about Jews and noses. Livingstone himself was really meaning middle eastern issues when he called a journaliat a "German war criminal" and then when informed the journalist was Jewish, "concentration camp guard".

Plenty hide their anti-semitism behind criticism of Israel. Their problem is the mask always falls.

Ken Livingstone on 17:41 - Apr 28 with 1424 viewslondonlisa2001

Ken Livingstone on 17:26 - Apr 28 by Highjack

There is indeed.

But the woman whose remarks he attempted to justify said that Israel should be resited in the U.S. Now do you think she was referring to Israel as an entity or do you think she meant Jews? As a hint, why do you think she chose the U.S. as a home?
Ken Livingstone on 18:35 - Apr 28 with 1376 viewsblueytheblue

Loved the guy tying an Israeli flag to Livingstone's front door...

Ken Livingstone on 18:37 - Apr 28 with 1374 viewsCountyJim

I like John Mann
Ken Livingstone on 18:54 - Apr 28 with 1355 viewsItchySphincter

Sensationalist boIIocks.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ken Livingstone on 18:58 - Apr 28 with 1350 viewsblueytheblue

Sensationalist? Hmm, ok. Must remember to tell my son anti-semitism both direct and casual isn't on the rise then the next time he gets called a "kike" when on the way to the synagogue.

Ken Livingstone on 19:01 - Apr 28 with 1339 viewsDarran

Ken Livingstone on 18:58 - Apr 28 by blueytheblue

Sensationalist? Hmm, ok. Must remember to tell my son anti-semitism both direct and casual isn't on the rise then the next time he gets called a "kike" when on the way to the synagogue.

What's kike mean mate?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ken Livingstone on 19:02 - Apr 28 with 1335 viewsItchySphincter

Ken Livingstone on 18:58 - Apr 28 by blueytheblue

Calling Livingston a nazi apologist is sensationalist don't you think? Why can't he just be a bit of a tw@t? I find it pretty disrespectful to Jews to take such a cheap shot and I'm considering getting offended on their behalf.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024