Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry Coles 18:44 - Apr 28 with 17993 viewsLandore_Jack

Such a shame our club has not paid tribute to Terry Coles by unveiling a Plaque outside the stadium. We cannot forget that terrible event in Rotherham, May 2000. The accident was caused by S.Y.P when Terry was trampled by a horse. A terrible tragedy.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 18:49]

#backtojack

Terry Coles on 10:23 - Apr 29 with 4723 viewsLandore_Jack

This is interesting....

THREE South Yorkshire officers have been criticised after an investigation into the death of a football fan trampled by a police horse.

Swansea City supporter Terry Coles, 42, died before a league match at Rotherham United's Millmoor ground in May 2000.

Superintendent Dave Turner, Chief Inspector Paul Cropley and Pc Dave Lindsay were guilty of "a failure of duty", the Independent Police Complaints Commission said.

It upheld complaints against all three, two of whom have since retired.

Supt Turner, now a chief superintendent, will receive "words of advice", which the IPCC said was equivalent to a verbal warning.

However, no further action can be taken against the two retired officers, who are no longer subject to the police disciplinary code.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-fan-death---police-2411307

#backtojack

Terry Coles on 10:23 - Apr 29 with 4719 viewswhiterock

Agreed, my memory...
We all got hearded like cattle from a pub about half a mile away, it was when we turned into the lane that people started to get edgy, there was a pub to our left where pint glasses started coming over the wall from the beer garden and the ground to the right where stones started to rain down on us, I remember backing up against the wall not to get a brick on the head.
Some of our lads did run to a skip where it opens out to retaliate (not condoning it but....), now there might have been perhaps 1,000 fans in this narrow lane, whoever gave the order to canter a big powerful horse in such a confined space is culpable. To add to this there were two black mariah's racing to the scene from the bottom of the lane, sirens on full blast, this also affected the horse, who I would consider was out of control. Tragic
Terry Coles on 10:23 - Apr 29 with 4718 viewsHighjack

Terry Coles on 09:39 - Apr 29 by swancity

I'm not sure how far they got with it.

...and how the Police wriggled out of it? Absolutely negligent. Tragic but not quite simply an 'accident' in my opinion.

Does anyone know?

Exactly the same way they wriggled out of hillsborough for so long. Paint ordinary football fans as raging scumbag hooligans, Blame the victim for being drunk, wild and out of control. Paint the police as honest coppers desperately and heroically trying to keep the peace under difficult circumstances. It's exactly the same narrative. It worked for them once, up to a point so they did it again. The reputation of the police and protection of its personnel is valued several notches higher than actual justice in this country.

I have never had many dealings with police in general life but they have always been decent and helpful. The ones you get at football matches are completely different animals though.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Terry Coles on 10:41 - Apr 29 with 4694 viewsDarran

Terry Coles on 10:23 - Apr 29 by Highjack

Exactly the same way they wriggled out of hillsborough for so long. Paint ordinary football fans as raging scumbag hooligans, Blame the victim for being drunk, wild and out of control. Paint the police as honest coppers desperately and heroically trying to keep the peace under difficult circumstances. It's exactly the same narrative. It worked for them once, up to a point so they did it again. The reputation of the police and protection of its personnel is valued several notches higher than actual justice in this country.

I have never had many dealings with police in general life but they have always been decent and helpful. The ones you get at football matches are completely different animals though.

This has got nothing to do with TCs death but there was plenty of drunk, wild and out of control Swansea fans in Rotherham that day.
There was some right c*nts there that didn't give a f*ck for anyone.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2016 10:52]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Terry Coles on 10:48 - Apr 29 with 4688 viewsswancity

Terry Coles on 10:41 - Apr 29 by Darran

This has got nothing to do with TCs death but there was plenty of drunk, wild and out of control Swansea fans in Rotherham that day.
There was some right c*nts there that didn't give a f*ck for anyone.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2016 10:52]

No shit Sherlock.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Terry Coles on 10:51 - Apr 29 with 4686 viewsmarchamjack

Remember the lane well. Madness to have had horses going down it, however well/experienced the riders may have been. We must have arrived down along there shortly after we later realised.

Indeed, hadn't realised fully what had happened 'til after the game (although do well remember seeing a couple of blood stained fans of ours before the game). When we heard it on the radio driving away, it completely took the joy out of the day, specially as TC was a neighbour of Mrs MJ at the time.

No doubt police error, imo, in the decision at least to run horses down the lane.

Can't comment on any other parts, speculation aside, as I wasn't there to see what actually happened.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Terry Coles on 10:55 - Apr 29 with 4676 viewsHighjack

Terry Coles on 10:23 - Apr 29 by whiterock

Agreed, my memory...
We all got hearded like cattle from a pub about half a mile away, it was when we turned into the lane that people started to get edgy, there was a pub to our left where pint glasses started coming over the wall from the beer garden and the ground to the right where stones started to rain down on us, I remember backing up against the wall not to get a brick on the head.
Some of our lads did run to a skip where it opens out to retaliate (not condoning it but....), now there might have been perhaps 1,000 fans in this narrow lane, whoever gave the order to canter a big powerful horse in such a confined space is culpable. To add to this there were two black mariah's racing to the scene from the bottom of the lane, sirens on full blast, this also affected the horse, who I would consider was out of control. Tragic

Yep, you wouldn't deliberately drive a car at people, the same rules should apply for horses. I cannot see how it can be ruled as accidental death when that officer took the conscious decision to drive a two ton animal directly at people. But then he's been protected.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Terry Coles on 13:54 - Apr 29 with 4589 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Terry Coles on 10:55 - Apr 29 by Highjack

Yep, you wouldn't deliberately drive a car at people, the same rules should apply for horses. I cannot see how it can be ruled as accidental death when that officer took the conscious decision to drive a two ton animal directly at people. But then he's been protected.

And cars are responsive when you slam the brakes on. Not so horses, especially if they are frightened.

I doubt the officer meant to kill anyone, however his aggression obviously overtook any duty of care he should have had for any people in that lane.

Death by reckless endangerment?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Terry Coles on 14:22 - Apr 29 with 4562 viewsItchySphincter

Terry Coles on 10:23 - Apr 29 by whiterock

Agreed, my memory...

Pretty sure you had to get past the home pub to get there, if memory serves me right the pub was called the Millmoor aswell and for some stupid reason the police pushed us in there and the doors got shut behind us. Me and a couple of mates jammed up against the door with the place full of Rotherham fans bearing down on us. Unpleasant is how I'd describe it. When we got out police were taking away a minibus load of Swans fans who'd turned the Tivoli inside out.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Terry Coles on 14:43 - Apr 29 with 4539 viewsDafyddHuw

Terry Coles on 19:17 - Apr 28 by pencoedjack

Be good if they could do something similar to the millennium stadium did and allow fans to buy an engraved block which could be placed on the walkway around the ground.

That way TC and other Jacks who are watching from upstairs could be remembered.

"...watching from upstairs.."

Ffs. How old are you?
Terry Coles on 14:47 - Apr 29 with 4535 viewsepaul

There's a petition going

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/41187-justice-for-terry-coles

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Terry Coles on 14:59 - Apr 29 with 4517 viewsLandore_Jack

Terry Coles on 14:47 - Apr 29 by epaul

There's a petition going

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/41187-justice-for-terry-coles

Shame we cannot sign the petition.

If we had 100,000 signatures, the petition would be eligible for debate in the House of Commons.

#backtojack

Terry Coles on 15:40 - Apr 29 with 4471 viewsDevz00

Remember this day like it was yesterday. I was only 15 at the time. An absolutely incredible feeling to watch us win the league, wild celebrations. Swans fans running on the pitch after Bound's penalty, Rotherham fans running on to have a go back...Steve Jones got punched by some Rotherham fans too and wanted to sue them after the game. I don't think South Yorkshire Police did anything about it but I remember he wanted them to watch the video back.

Utter madness, a draw gives us the title and then celebrations! Until we got on the bus. Hearing the news about TC was utterly devastating. It was complete silence all the way home after that.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2016 15:45]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Terry Coles on 10:46 - Apr 30 with 4209 viewsDewi1jack

I have a fear of "riding type" horses anyway. I got kicked by one when I was about 7, after a mate's mum wanted to take me horse riding.
My mrs and daughter had to walk alongside me to get me through 2 horses stationed on the path last time we went to Leeds.
Laughing their titsoff as I'd turned grey and was sweating pints at having to walk between them. Was saying things like fug this, I'm going back to the bus and being genuine.
IMHO, horses should never be deployed at a football matches.
It's a fukoff heavy creature that can get spooked easily.
Even the most tame animal can turn nasty and the way horses react is to rear up, making themselves bigger and kick out with metal plated hooves.

Yes we had drunken idiots at every away game, as we still do. As does/ did every other club.
This "accident" is still murder in my mind.
Even if the plod 'backed' the horse into people, it is still assault with a weapon.
Certainly a very mixed emotions day that was.
I hope and pray it's one that is never repeated.
No-one should ever go for a day out and be killed.

RIP TC
Always one of our own. YJB

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Terry Coles on 19:17 - Apr 30 with 4093 viewsnataliecoles

Some of these comments are not good to read. I am terry coles' daughter and to say that it was an accident and that he doesn't deserve a plaque is ridiculous!!! The last time Swansea mentioned my fathers name was these first photos you posted For goodness sake roger bloody freestone was still there! This is years ago. Every year we lay flowers in memory of my dad who seems to have been swept under the carpet up Until this media attention for Liverpool has come up. Every year we struggle to get inside the stadium to lay flowers so yes . I think he does deserve a plaque somewhere we as a family can remember him and leave flowers at as his ashes were scattered at the old vetch. He deserves his flowers to be seen by the club & supporters for them to also remember him!!!! Did my father deserve to die that day . No he did not . Did the police make a terrible and stupid decision to send police horses into a confined space with thousands of fans yes they did. This isn't an accident , it's poor policing!! We are seeking advice to reopen his case if Liverpool got their justice my father deserves the same!
Terry Coles on 19:56 - Apr 30 with 4066 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Terry Coles on 19:17 - Apr 30 by nataliecoles

Some of these comments are not good to read. I am terry coles' daughter and to say that it was an accident and that he doesn't deserve a plaque is ridiculous!!! The last time Swansea mentioned my fathers name was these first photos you posted For goodness sake roger bloody freestone was still there! This is years ago. Every year we lay flowers in memory of my dad who seems to have been swept under the carpet up Until this media attention for Liverpool has come up. Every year we struggle to get inside the stadium to lay flowers so yes . I think he does deserve a plaque somewhere we as a family can remember him and leave flowers at as his ashes were scattered at the old vetch. He deserves his flowers to be seen by the club & supporters for them to also remember him!!!! Did my father deserve to die that day . No he did not . Did the police make a terrible and stupid decision to send police horses into a confined space with thousands of fans yes they did. This isn't an accident , it's poor policing!! We are seeking advice to reopen his case if Liverpool got their justice my father deserves the same!

Hi Natalie, my deepest sympathies are with you and the rest of your family.
All I can say is that he won't be forgotten by the fans, regardless of what the club do or not. I hope one of the directors sees your post and spurs the rest into action.

Terry Coles on 20:42 - Apr 30 with 4014 viewsnataliecoles

Terry Coles on 19:56 - Apr 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Hi Natalie, my deepest sympathies are with you and the rest of your family.
All I can say is that he won't be forgotten by the fans, regardless of what the club do or not. I hope one of the directors sees your post and spurs the rest into action.

We have spoken Thankyou and something will be said at the last home match, I just hope it carries on for the years after aswell as this year as he deserves that! That's all we ask for is that he is still remembered! Thanks x
Terry Coles on 20:47 - Apr 30 with 4003 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Terry Coles on 20:42 - Apr 30 by nataliecoles

We have spoken Thankyou and something will be said at the last home match, I just hope it carries on for the years after aswell as this year as he deserves that! That's all we ask for is that he is still remembered! Thanks x

Don't mention it. Very pleased something is being done for your dad.

Terry Coles on 20:58 - Apr 30 with 3983 viewsOldjack

Well said ,this is another cover up of that there is no doubt ,don't give up

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Terry Coles on 22:00 - Apr 30 with 3880 viewsDewi1jack

Terry Coles on 20:42 - Apr 30 by nataliecoles

Good luck for any prospective action against a Police force known for their outright dangerous policing of football matches and demonstrations.
This, like Hillsboro was always going to happen sooner or later.
Not an accident but a case of "they're only football fans, treat them worse than cattle and see if we can get a reaction and bust some heads."
I am sorry for your and your families loss. It should never have happened at all.
Gone but never forgotten.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Terry Coles on 22:10 - May 1 with 3635 viewsLoyal

I take it they unveiled a banner today, any pics ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Terry Coles on 07:34 - May 2 with 3531 viewscockneyswan

Hi Natalie, it is so sad that your family have been treated so poorly by Swansea City over the years. I remember the announcement of his tragic death, and when the circumstances were announced I can fully understand your wish for justice. Hopefully recent events concerning the 96 will put the spotlight back on to your fathers case. There is a new petition circulating which I would urge everyone who cares about justice to sign. I'm glad that words will be said at the man city game this is the least that the club can do. I for one would fully support having a commemorative plaque, Terry Coles died in tragic circumstances through no fault of his own supporting the Swans RIP.
Terry Coles on 09:06 - May 2 with 3484 viewsItchySphincter

Terry Coles on 22:10 - May 1 by Loyal

I take it they unveiled a banner today, any pics ?

One guy was walking around with a sheet after the game with slogans hand painted on it. No point taking photos as he was holding it the wrong way around most of the time with the blank side facing out.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Terry Coles on 09:40 - May 2 with 3432 viewsswan65split

Check your PMs Natalie.
Terry Coles on 09:52 - May 2 with 3407 viewsmikecranleigh

Terry Coles on 23:09 - Apr 28 by osj

TC's death was no accident I was a witness and that copper deliberately targeted him, Terry was bent over facing the horse he didn't see a thing the copper saw Terry and targeted him, its as fresh in my mind today as the day it happened I could pick that copper out today I will never forget his face or the tragic events of that day it was not an accident he was unlawfully killed by south Yorkshire police force. RIP Tel.

Hope justice is done even 16 years late I'm sure that memory of that fateful day will stay with you forever
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024