Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe standing 10:53 - May 5 with 2596 viewsHighjack

To be introduced by Celtic next season based on the German model of rail seating for 2600 fans. Could we follow suit and get some much needed atmosphere back into football?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Safe standing on 11:13 - May 5 with 1909 viewsBigPhilG

I really hope so
Safe standing on 11:20 - May 5 with 1897 viewsLoyal

Swansea can do this as can Cardiff.
Being members of the FAW means we can introduce it.
In fact years ago it was a big story in the national press.

Maybe Huw is still 'thinking' about it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Safe standing on 11:59 - May 5 with 1855 viewsmonmouth

Safe standing on 11:20 - May 5 by Loyal

Years ago? Early days yet then.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Safe standing on 12:03 - May 5 with 1847 viewsClinton

some of us stand at the moment anyway.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Safe standing on 13:31 - May 5 with 1767 viewsHighjack

Safe standing on 12:03 - May 5 by Clinton

some of us stand at the moment anyway.

Then you are risking your lives as standing up on your feet and legs whilst watching football is allegedly a very dangerous thing to do. It is almost as life threatening as drinking a beer whilst simultaneously being within a direct line of sight of a football pitch. If it's a rugby pitch it's completely safe as we all know but you take the risk of death if you do it at the football.

Life is precious. Don't risk it by standing on your feet.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Safe standing on 15:04 - May 5 with 1688 viewsClinton

Safe standing on 13:31 - May 5 by Highjack

Then you are risking your lives as standing up on your feet and legs whilst watching football is allegedly a very dangerous thing to do. It is almost as life threatening as drinking a beer whilst simultaneously being within a direct line of sight of a football pitch. If it's a rugby pitch it's completely safe as we all know but you take the risk of death if you do it at the football.

Thanks for the warning HJ.
With the added potential danger of being hit by the ball, life threatening according to Sir Alex, I seem to be taking my life in my hands.
Oh well, as a number of thrill seekers say before meeting an untimely demise, "it's one life, live it"

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Safe standing on 15:29 - May 5 with 1646 viewsLoyal

Safe standing on 13:31 - May 5 by Highjack

You forget as well that an gesture or passionate shouting may result in a yellow coated facsisto threatening to throw you out - because that's the only tool they have.

Time to make a stand ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Safe standing on 10:51 - May 6 with 1514 viewsHighjack

Safe standing on 15:29 - May 5 by Loyal

You forget as well that an gesture or passionate shouting may result in a yellow coated facsisto threatening to throw you out - because that's the only tool they have.

Time to make a stand ....

I'm fed up of having to leave all my guns at the turnstiles every week because there's a sign that says "no guns". We're living in a nanny state.

Login to get fewer ads

Safe standing on 10:52 - May 6 with 1509 viewsblueytheblue

If standing is reintroduced then it needs to be kept to specific areas only.

I prefer sitting - these days my knees tend to ache after a while of standing up, part of the process of getting old I guess.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Safe standing on 10:55 - May 6 with 1502 viewsHighjack

Safe standing on 10:52 - May 6 by blueytheblue

If standing is reintroduced then it needs to be kept to specific areas only.

I prefer sitting - these days my knees tend to ache after a while of standing up, part of the process of getting old I guess.

With most Cardiff fans it's caused by all the years of being on their knees giving blowjobs to the likes of Sam hammam.

Safe standing on 11:00 - May 6 with 1495 viewsSwansNZ

Safe standing on 11:59 - May 5 by monmouth

Years ago? Early days yet then.

Work is due to begin in January.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Safe standing on 11:48 - May 6 with 1464 viewsHighjack

Safe standing on 11:00 - May 6 by SwansNZ

Work is due to begin in January.

January 2078?

Safe standing on 11:59 - May 6 with 1455 viewssherpajacob

Safe standing on 10:51 - May 6 by Highjack

I'm fed up of having to leave all my guns at the turnstiles every week because there's a sign that says "no guns". We're living in a nanny state.

I bet they allow guns in the executives boxes

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Safe standing on 13:24 - May 6 with 1397 viewsBloodyhills

I'd love to see this scheme rolled out in the Prem.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Safe standing on 13:27 - May 6 with 1390 viewsairedale

Safe standing on 11:59 - May 6 by sherpajacob

I bet they allow guns in the executives boxes

I'm a sword man myself.
Safe standing on 13:29 - May 6 with 1386 viewsairedale

Basically though, Celtic are replacing unsafe standing with safe standing, and the same should be done at all clubs, whatever their division.

People should finally admit that they aren't going to stop some supporters standing.
Safe standing on 13:34 - May 6 with 1379 viewstomdickharry

Will not happen until/unless the following happens -

Safe standing at football matches in Wales could be introduced if the responsibility of sports ground safety management is devolved to the Welsh Assembly.
Safe standing on 13:37 - May 6 with 1373 viewspencoedjack

The safe standing increases capacity of current stadium or these 'railway seats' are just locked up and you just stand in front of seat ?
Safe standing on 13:47 - May 6 with 1364 viewsHighjack

Safe standing on 13:37 - May 6 by pencoedjack

The safe standing increases capacity of current stadium or these 'railway seats' are just locked up and you just stand in front of seat ?

You get strapped in upright so you don't fall over because standing is so dangerous.

Safe standing on 13:50 - May 6 with 1353 viewsairedale

The ironic thing is, is that [constant] standing in an all-seater stadium can be risky if someone falls and causes a 'domino' effect.

Sort it out guys and get safe standing in.
Safe standing on 13:51 - May 6 with 1353 viewsPhil_S

Safe standing on 11:20 - May 5 by Loyal

This of course is not true because of the law that banned standing areas in top-flight football in England.
Safe standing on 13:56 - May 6 with 1344 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Safe standing on 13:34 - May 6 by tomdickharry

Will not happen until/unless the following happens -

Safe standing at football matches in Wales could be introduced if the responsibility of sports ground safety management is devolved to the Welsh Assembly.

Even if it was the Premier League would have to accept it before we could introduce it.

We play in an English league so we abide by their rules.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Safe standing on 13:59 - May 6 with 1334 viewsHighjack

Safe standing on 13:50 - May 6 by airedale

The ironic thing is, is that [constant] standing in an all-seater stadium can be risky if someone falls and causes a 'domino' effect.

Sort it out guys and get safe standing in.

It would look good on the tv though if a 20000 strong Mexican wave of falling people went around the stadium.

Safe standing on 14:05 - May 6 with 1327 viewspencoedjack

Safe standing on 13:47 - May 6 by Highjack

You get strapped in upright so you don't fall over because standing is so dangerous.

Standing in the front row of the NE upper during a game is very dangerous according to the club/stewards ..... I have many email correspondence between myself & the club discussing this.

Its OK to fall walking to/from your seat but not during the game apparently.
Safe standing on 14:23 - May 6 with 1306 viewsairedale

Safe standing on 13:59 - May 6 by Highjack

It would look good on the tv though if a 20000 strong Mexican wave of falling people went around the stadium.

Kin ell!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024