Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All the excuses for winning at West Ham 10:55 - May 8 with 6666 viewsLoyal

Motson on MOTD

This is a strange performance from West Ham
Defensively West Ham haven't turned up
West Ham are not putting in any effort
There will be others.

Summary by the guy from Dexys and the other bloke
West Ham were very poor
There was something not right about West Ham.
Then at the end !!!!!!

Credit to Swansea.

Jeez !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 11:39 - May 8 with 4536 viewsmax936

Yep, heard it as well, heard the same responses on the other channels as well, we're only little Swansea we don't matter do we, well not until there are a few juicy bits to report on, When Monk got the fukoff tablet we were a huge talking point and everyone mentioned what bad boys we were for sacking Monk.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 12:03 - May 8 with 4425 viewsjack247

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 11:39 - May 8 by max936

Yep, heard it as well, heard the same responses on the other channels as well, we're only little Swansea we don't matter do we, well not until there are a few juicy bits to report on, When Monk got the fukoff tablet we were a huge talking point and everyone mentioned what bad boys we were for sacking Monk.

At the time the press were all over it. 'Bright young manager' 'Swansea have acted hastily' etc. They would only have had to watch us play two or three times to see he had ruined us. I never thought the professional pundits paid us much attention, but the way they almost universally reacted to Monks sacking confirmed it.

Re. the 'West Ham played badly' bit, we had a hell of a lot of that in our first season in the PL under Brendan. Sometimes we just play well, but they can't seem to see it.
All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 12:07 - May 8 with 4402 viewsDafyddHuw

Motson has always been a poor commentator in my opinion. He's just a statto with a big-team bias.

After yesterday's performance, we have 3 players in the Observer's Team of the Day -

Lucasz, Andre and Sung-yeung.
All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 12:14 - May 8 with 4374 viewsAnotherJohn

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 12:07 - May 8 by DafyddHuw

Motson has always been a poor commentator in my opinion. He's just a statto with a big-team bias.

After yesterday's performance, we have 3 players in the Observer's Team of the Day -

I thought Motson was awful yesterday. He got the alleged offside against Routledge wrong (unlike the Prem Pass commentator who was spot on) and didn't see the Kingsley OG - even with the benefit of the replay. Having said that, the MoTD pundits weren't much better. Kilbane was claiming that it is Guido who will not commit, rather than Huw.
[Post edited 8 May 2016 13:14]
All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 12:20 - May 8 with 4337 viewsPegojack

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 12:14 - May 8 by AnotherJohn

I thought Motson was awful yesterday. He got the alleged offside against Routledge wrong (unlike the Prem Pass commentator who was spot on) and didn't see the Kingsley OG - even with the benefit of the replay. Having said that, the MoTD pundits weren't much better. Kilbane was claiming that it is Guido who will not commit, rather than Huw.
[Post edited 8 May 2016 13:14]

I think Motty is going senile. They just can't find anyone hard hearted enough to tell him it's time to retire.
All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 12:38 - May 8 with 4282 viewsWxmJax

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 12:07 - May 8 by DafyddHuw

Never understood the love in with him. As bad a commentator as I've heard, thoroughly boring. Goes on about a throw in that was given for the wrong team about 5 minutes before and how it affected the game.

Barry Davies all day long for me.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 13:10 - May 8 with 4208 viewsblueytheblue

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 12:38 - May 8 by WxmJax

Never understood the love in with him. As bad a commentator as I've heard, thoroughly boring. Goes on about a throw in that was given for the wrong team about 5 minutes before and how it affected the game.

Barry Davies all day long for me.

Ehhhh... both fairly poor. That's why they aren't on Sky...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 13:17 - May 8 with 4178 viewsDr_Winston

Bazza was the guvnor.

Motson has always been shite yet oddly even until fairly recently had his defenders on here.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 13:19 - May 8 with 4163 viewsexiledclaseboy

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 13:10 - May 8 by blueytheblue

Ehhhh... both fairly poor. That's why they aren't on Sky...

Nonsense. Barry Davies gave up football commentary voluntarily because he kept getting overlooked for the feckless Motson who's been useless for years but still keeps getting gigs. Barry Davies is a fine multi sport man.

Poll: Tory leader

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 13:20 - May 8 with 4152 viewsLoyal

Hugh Johns ?
Soccer Sunday 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 13:23 - May 8 with 4145 viewsItchySphincter

Strange how when we don't turn up and roll over for the likes of Leicester it's all about how brilliant the other team are. I don't mind it personally but it does jump out at you. I was driving home late last night and the bloke on Talksport ran a piece on every game except ours because he's a West Ham fan and openly said he wasn't going to talk about it. These people get paid mind.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 13:24 - May 8 with 4137 viewsDr_Winston

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 13:23 - May 8 by ItchySphincter

Strange how when we don't turn up and roll over for the likes of Leicester it's all about how brilliant the other team are. I don't mind it personally but it does jump out at you. I was driving home late last night and the bloke on Talksport ran a piece on every game except ours because he's a West Ham fan and openly said he wasn't going to talk about it. These people get paid mind.

They get paid because people keep listening to Talksport.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 13:35 - May 8 with 4099 viewsItchySphincter

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 13:24 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

They get paid because people keep listening to Talksport.

Three and a half hour drive and I couldn't get Absolute so I gave it a whirl.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 14:06 - May 8 with 4001 viewsbonymine

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 13:20 - May 8 by Loyal

Hugh Johns ?
Soccer Sunday 😂

'That was seriously adjacent'.

Never heard that comment ever before or since HJ 😄
He used it nearly every game !

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 14:23 - May 8 with 3932 viewsLoyal

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 14:06 - May 8 by bonymine

'That was seriously adjacent'.

Never heard that comment ever before or since HJ 😄
He used it nearly every game !

We may know each other 👍

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 14:32 - May 8 with 3896 viewsharryhpalmer

spot on. Motson not fit to clean Barry's boots.

Davies has commentated, with aplomb, the Boat Race, tennis, badminton, ice hockey, ice skating, gymnastics, hockey, cycling, beach volleyball and athletics as well as footy.

and that's ignoring him doing the opening and closing ceremonies for three Olympics. In fact he has commentated on more Olympic Games than David Coleman!

Remarkable!

Motson? Football.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 14:47 - May 8 with 3831 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Motson had his day decades ago , he needs to retire.

The assistant commentator on sky pass is a west ham fan ,tony Gale I think .

Dreadful stuff all round really

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 15:47 - May 8 with 3686 viewsHighjack

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 13:17 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

Bazza was the guvnor.

Motson has always been shite yet oddly even until fairly recently had his defenders on here.

I don't mind Motty myself. He's clearly a bumbling idiot who gets everything wrong but he does have a genuine passion in his voice, a lot of commentators are so dull and dreary you get the feeling they would rather be doing something else.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 15:51 - May 8 with 3664 viewsCeejay

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 12:20 - May 8 by Pegojack

I think Motty is going senile. They just can't find anyone hard hearted enough to tell him it's time to retire.

Surely Lord Sugar could be persuaded to wag his finger at him? (For a fee obviously)
All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 15:55 - May 8 with 3649 viewsacejack3065

What's Bob Symonds doing these days?
All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 15:56 - May 8 with 3643 viewssP7qupUf

Idwal Robling was king!!
All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 16:05 - May 8 with 3606 viewsBorojack

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 15:56 - May 8 by sP7qupUf

Idwal Robling was king!!

Peter Jones was my favourite.
Mostly radio though I think.
Ron Jones who.used to be on radio Wales was pretty good as well.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 16:07 - May 8 with 3594 viewsHighjack

I used to really enjoy Stuart halls match reports, very witty and eloquent. But then he was revealed to be a massive stinking paedo so I hope he rots.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 16:24 - May 8 with 3544 viewsBorojack

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 16:07 - May 8 by Highjack

I used to really enjoy Stuart halls match reports, very witty and eloquent. But then he was revealed to be a massive stinking paedo so I hope he rots.

Yes he was good on its a knockout as well.
Agree with your last sentence as well

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

All the excuses for winning at West Ham on 16:58 - May 8 with 3470 viewsImAlrightJack

They had their awards dinner two nights prior; am suprised they haven't made that an excuse!.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024