Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 18:55 - May 11 with 20488 viewsnice_to_michu

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 11:47]
Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:39 - May 16 with 2140 viewsexiledclaseboy

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 18:14 - May 16 by Private_Partz

Because it would not have worked it was a weak stick. I suspect they were all surprised at how unpopular Carwyn actually is. It's not done Kirsty any harm. Word is she will get a post in the Govt in she wants to play ball. Don't get me wrong. I like her but I think the Lib Dems have had enough of coalitions.
[Post edited 16 May 2016 18:16]

Way to completely avoiding answering all the questions.

Poll: Tory leader

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 15:31 - May 17 with 2063 viewsdonkeylabour

Well what a surprise the good people of plaid have bent down and taken it up the proverbial.

Labour to run Wales for another 5 years, how breathtakingly exciting, how innovative, how cutting-edge, how dynamic, how majestic. I'm in awe at the prospect of this wonderful turn of events, labour to Govern Wales - yes we can!

I'm getting my comfort blanket ready for another 5 years of World class Governance, enterprising initiatives and leadership that would move mountains.

22 years, let's make it is 27. You know it makes sense.

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 15:50 - May 17 with 2050 viewsacejack3065

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 15:31 - May 17 by donkeylabour

Well what a surprise the good people of plaid have bent down and taken it up the proverbial.

Labour to run Wales for another 5 years, how breathtakingly exciting, how innovative, how cutting-edge, how dynamic, how majestic. I'm in awe at the prospect of this wonderful turn of events, labour to Govern Wales - yes we can!

I'm getting my comfort blanket ready for another 5 years of World class Governance, enterprising initiatives and leadership that would move mountains.

22 years, let's make it is 27. You know it makes sense.

Trampie? Wings? Kerouac? Am I close?
[Post edited 17 May 2016 15:51]
Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 15:59 - May 17 with 2043 viewsdonkeylabour

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 15:50 - May 17 by acejack3065

I assume you're happy with the turn of events glad to hear it.

Bring on the electronic cig ban with absolutely no evidence to suggest its right to ban it.

#waglogic

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 16:18 - May 17 with 2021 viewsUxbridge

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 09:35 - May 16 by exiledclaseboy

A weak stick? Ok, let me ask a couple of questions. If Kirsty Williams hadn't put a stop to it, would Leanne Wood be first minister? Assuming the answer to that is yes (which it has to be seeing as it's a fact) how do you think her government would ha a been made up?

Whether it would have worked is another matter.

I'm finding this Plaid bashing a bit odd. Surely all this was a power play by a new opposition. They had no realistic chance of winning that vote or forming the net Government, and I doubt even they thought they did. End result is Plaid forcing Labour's hand to form some sort of loose coalition, in whatever form.

Wood may just have played her hand well here. Time will tell.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 16:43 - May 17 with 2005 viewsjohnlangy

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 20:19 - May 15 by Private_Partz

Better tell RTD that then. The cover is blown. They took Carwyn down a peg or two as well. Let's see what concessions Plaid can get. It is reported as being abandonment of the black route, voting concessions and the return of an investment group like the WDA. Any of these would be good business from the off. All three would be lovely. My fav is the WDA. Of course it might be none of those but even so it's a warning shot across the bows which is all I gave wanted from the off. This in the hope that the party will be woken from its Cardiff centric complacent slumbers.
I hope in 5 years time the Swansea City Deal and metro, the North Wales deal and metro plus massive transport infrastructure measures will be in place so I can vote for Welsh Labour with a smile on my face. I doubt it will happen though as I fear Carwyn and the career politicians below him will still be there and the decline of the party in Wales will continue.

Well said.
Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 16:50 - May 17 with 2000 viewslondonlisa2001

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 16:18 - May 17 by Uxbridge

I'm finding this Plaid bashing a bit odd. Surely all this was a power play by a new opposition. They had no realistic chance of winning that vote or forming the net Government, and I doubt even they thought they did. End result is Plaid forcing Labour's hand to form some sort of loose coalition, in whatever form.

Apart from the only reason they actually didn't win is because the Lib Dem refused to play along.

If she had done then they would have won the vote - it's as simple as that. And they would have won a vote with the only mechanism available to them at that point to have Tories / UKIP support and even cabinet positions.

I just don't believe them that it was all such a surprise when every other leader has categorically stated that they were approached and talks were being held. Even Kirsty Williams described it as a rag tail coalition involving UKIP. Interesting use of the word coalition if nothing was planned.
Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 16:50 - May 17 with 2000 viewsdonkeylabour

It was all a stich up let's be fair plaid are just a welshy version of labour. We live in a one party state.

Login to get fewer ads

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 18:42 - May 17 with 1952 viewsPrivate_Partz

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 16:50 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

Apart from the only reason they actually didn't win is because the Lib Dem refused to play along.

If she had done then they would have won the vote - it's as simple as that. And they would have won a vote with the only mechanism available to them at that point to have Tories / UKIP support and even cabinet positions.

I just don't believe them that it was all such a surprise when every other leader has categorically stated that they were approached and talks were being held. Even Kirsty Williams described it as a rag tail coalition involving UKIP. Interesting use of the word coalition if nothing was planned.

What happened in 48 hours Lisa? It was a response against complacent Welsh Labour. They got away with it (just) in the elections. Now they have to make concessions as a minority govt.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 18:52 - May 17 with 1938 viewslondonlisa2001

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 18:42 - May 17 by Private_Partz

What happened in 48 hours Lisa? It was a response against complacent Welsh Labour. They got away with it (just) in the elections. Now they have to make concessions as a minority govt.

Sorry I don't understand the 48 hours bit?

Welsh Labour is an utter shambles as I've said on many occasions. They are also an awful government. But Plaid's behaviour was also awful.

I have no truck with political parties who sell their soul for a sniff of power. We have far too much of that in this country (Wales and the UK).
Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:02 - May 17 with 1930 viewsPrivate_Partz

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 18:52 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

Welsh Labour is an utter shambles as I've said on many occasions. They are also an awful government. But Plaid's behaviour was also awful.

I have no truck with political parties who sell their soul for a sniff of power. We have far too much of that in this country (Wales and the UK).

I agree they all do it. In this case though I have to have a wry smile. The only downside is the complacent Carwyn is still in charge. May not seem a bad thing in the SE of England but we have another 5 years of the smug Cardiff centric fool.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:27 - May 17 with 1916 viewsjacabertawe

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 18:52 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

You really do enjoy distorting matters in relation to Plaid, don't you?
https://www.partyof.wales/news/2016/05/17/plaid-set-to-offer-real-opposition-aft
and
https://www.partyof.wales/news/2016/05/17/final-joint-statement-moving-wales-for
Full details tomorrow. Facts, Lisa, facts.
Never any deal with the Tories or the UKIP vermin.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:28 - May 17 with 1915 viewsexiledclaseboy

The vote finished 29-29. It was only Kirsty Williams that stopped Leanne Wood forming some kind of Frankenstein administration. You reckon they knew that Williams would vote in that way and went ahead with the vote on that basis to give Labour a "bloody nose"?

Pull the other one, Ux. It's got Dafydd Wigley on.

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:42 - May 17 with 1909 viewsdonkeylabour

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:27 - May 17 by jacabertawe

https://www.partyof.wales/news/2016/05/17/plaid-set-to-offer-real-opposition-aft
and
https://www.partyof.wales/news/2016/05/17/final-joint-statement-moving-wales-for

'Never any deal with the Tories or the UKIP vermin'

So why don't we just abandon democracy then? Why waste millions on elections and just let labour run the show for the next 100 years.

Because unless you work with other parties that's it. End of.

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:42 - May 17 with 1908 viewsexiledclaseboy

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 15:50 - May 17 by acejack3065

Wing stand. Easy peasy.

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:58 - May 17 with 1890 viewsKilkennyjack

and

Never any deal with the Tories or the UKIP vermin ! Correct.
[Post edited 17 May 2016 19:59]

Beware of the Risen People

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 20:00 - May 17 with 1887 viewslondonlisa2001

and

No, spin jacabertawe, spin.

The two articles you linked to have absolutely no bearing on what happened last week. Plaid lost their little attempt at a coup because of Kirsty Williams so they have had to change tack.

They did try to deal with them - they contacted them before the vote - they all say so.

Meaningless crap from Leanne Wood does nothing to change that. If you believe that the other parties are all lying and she isn't then so be it. But someone answer the question ECB posted. Who exactly was it that was going to sit in the cabinet under Leanne? Because there simply aren't enough bodies for it to be Plaid, and it sure as hell wasn't going to be Labour.
Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 20:12 - May 17 with 1875 viewsKilkennyjack

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 20:00 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

No, spin jacabertawe, spin.

The two articles you linked to have absolutely no bearing on what happened last week. Plaid lost their little attempt at a coup because of Kirsty Williams so they have had to change tack.

They did try to deal with them - they contacted them before the vote - they all say so.

Meaningless crap from Leanne Wood does nothing to change that. If you believe that the other parties are all lying and she isn't then so be it. But someone answer the question ECB posted. Who exactly was it that was going to sit in the cabinet under Leanne? Because there simply aren't enough bodies for it to be Plaid, and it sure as hell wasn't going to be Labour.

But thats just a guess.

Telling people that Mrs Wood was standing against Carwyn is simply not the same as offering deals and/or cabinet positions. Mrs Wood will never do deals with the Tory toffs or UKIP. Thats what Plaid are saying cos its the truth.

Clearly Kirsty is entitled to vote as she thinks is correct. Her shout.

The plaid strategy has worked though and its brought comfortable cozy Carwyn to the table.
With the new vibrant and young plaid leadership now active then Carwyn might need to do some stuff outside of SE Wales. Hope so anyhow.

Beware of the Risen People

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 20:15 - May 17 with 1872 viewsexiledclaseboy

It'll be interesting to see what "concessions" that canny political operator Wood has ripped from Labour after her triumph last week.

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 23:09 - May 17 with 1821 viewsBrynmill_Jack

After all of the plaid slagging off of the Labour party in the Sennedd now they've gone and sold out as badly as the Lib Dems did to the Tories. Plaid depressingly have lost all credibility

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 23:56 - May 17 with 1817 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 23:09 - May 17 by Brynmill_Jack

After all of the plaid slagging off of the Labour party in the Sennedd now they've gone and sold out as badly as the Lib Dems did to the Tories. Plaid depressingly have lost all credibility

I wonder how Trampie's going to square this circle............................................

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 00:52 - May 18 with 1800 viewsDJack

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:42 - May 17 by exiledclaseboy

Wing stand. Easy peasy.

That proves that I'm a bit dim...I guessed Trampie.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 06:59 - May 18 with 1756 viewsCottsy

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 20:15 - May 17 by exiledclaseboy

It'll be interesting to see what "concessions" that canny political operator Wood has ripped from Labour after her triumph last week.

A couple of new committees and that's about it.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 14:17 - May 18 with 1687 viewsdonkeylabour

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 23:09 - May 17 by Brynmill_Jack

Plaid are just a poor mans labour with stronger welsh accents

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 14:30 - May 18 with 1678 viewsdonkeylabour

Can someone explain to me what plaid have actually achieved in these 'negotiations?'

I've looked online and can't find anything.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024