Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 18:55 - May 11 with 20346 viewsnice_to_michu

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 11:47]
Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 20:26 - May 12 with 2042 viewstrampie

5 years of Labour in Wales and 5 years of Conservative rule in Westminster its going to be a bumpy ride for many.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 21:28 - May 12 with 2002 viewsKilkennyjack

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 20:06 - May 12 by londonlisa2001

It'd be funny if UKIP recorded the call made to them wouldn't it.

Well it would certainly confirm that no deals have been done, because - well - no deals have been done.

Beware of the Risen People

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 21:34 - May 12 with 1989 viewsblueytheblue

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 20:26 - May 12 by trampie

5 years of Labour in Wales and 5 years of Conservative rule in Westminster its going to be a bumpy ride for many.

Just as well we have a party in Plaid who have convinced the electorate that they deserve to run Wales then.

Oh wait.

Plaid can't even beat a sh*t Labour party in Wales.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 21:45 - May 12 with 1983 viewsnice_to_michu

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 21:28 - May 12 by Kilkennyjack

Well it would certainly confirm that no deals have been done, because - well - no deals have been done.

Did you not see UKIPs AM Mark Reckless saying that his party would support a Labour government if they got some of the UKIP manifesto in there?

Obviously Labour aren't going to enter a coalition with UKIP, but it just goes to show that parties only give their support for such things if they get something in return.

One UKIP AM, Nathan Gill (who despises Neil Hamilton, the new leader), has said he may give his vote to Carwyn Jones to get this whole thing over with. Whereas Leanne Wood clearly talked with UKIP and the Tories to get their backing, and it would've seen a coalition with her as First Minister, and the a majority of the rest of the coalition being UKIP and Tory.

Why you continue with this line of "no deals done" is bizarre. Clearly they had discussed it, but it won't come to fruition since she didn't win enough votes to be the First Minister yesterday.
Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 22:17 - May 12 with 1962 viewstrampie

Plaid were merely the recipients of some other parties votes, disingenuous Labour tried to spin it, only laughably for Labour to get caught out actually having power sharing talks with UKIP.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 07:05 - May 13 with 1918 viewsKilkennyjack

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 22:17 - May 12 by trampie

Plaid were merely the recipients of some other parties votes, disingenuous Labour tried to spin it, only laughably for Labour to get caught out actually having power sharing talks with UKIP.

Is the correct answer.
Llyr gruffydd AM was very clear on the telebox, as was mrs wood herself yesterday.

No deal was done - as we all knew.

Carwyn on the other hand now needs an AM or 2 to change sides. A deal with ukip perhaps ?

I wonder if Kirsty was a so called 'cheap date' ?

Beware of the Risen People

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 07:29 - May 13 with 1913 viewsCottsy

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 07:05 - May 13 by Kilkennyjack

Is the correct answer.
Llyr gruffydd AM was very clear on the telebox, as was mrs wood herself yesterday.

No deal was done - as we all knew.

Carwyn on the other hand now needs an AM or 2 to change sides. A deal with ukip perhaps ?

I wonder if Kirsty was a so called 'cheap date' ?

Andrew RT Davies has just said that there were substantial talks between the Tories and Plaid to deliver a coordinated action, Neil Hamilton has said the same.

What is another word for different parties holding discussions and agreeing to coordinate their actions?

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 08:26 - May 13 with 1899 viewsnice_to_michu

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 07:29 - May 13 by Cottsy

Andrew RT Davies has just said that there were substantial talks between the Tories and Plaid to deliver a coordinated action, Neil Hamilton has said the same.

What is another word for different parties holding discussions and agreeing to coordinate their actions?

Yep, you're right.

Oh, you won't get a genuine response from these guys. They are founding members of the Leanne Wood fan club and believe she can do no wrong at all. She's been revealed for the type of politician a majority of others thought she was.

And no, I'm not a massive fan of Corbyn (I'd be happy with a change in leader) and I think Carwyn Jones could be improve his approach, but there's no doubt in my mind they are better than the others on offer.
Login to get fewer ads

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 18:44 - May 13 with 1846 viewsPrivate_Partz

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 11:17 - May 12 by nice_to_michu

Kirsty Williams stopped Leanne Wood and the other 11 Plaid AMs from forming a government with Neil Hamilton and the Tories.

Let that sink in for a minute.

This was not theatre. If it was, it hasn't proven anything to Carwyn Jones, he already knew he didn't have a majority.

Come on Private_Partz, you know better than this.

Completely disagree. It would never have worked. Carwyn knows now that he has an opposition and has had to make some concessions.
I have been busy today so apologies for coming back so late when it is panning out exactly as I predicted. Carwyn will get his seat. All he needed to do was do what he has now been forced to do and all this could have been avoided.
This as not about the suitability of a Leanne Wood led coalition but the unpopularity of Welsh Labour in general, and Carwyn Jones in particular, with the other members of the Senedd.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 18:53 - May 13 with 1835 viewsPrivate_Partz

A coordinated action? Does that equate to forming a minority coalition government? This was all about the First Minister vote. The other parties are bound to try and discredit Plaid now in the dog eat dog world of politics. RTD and Neil Hamilton have their views and Plaid are united in the fact that no deals were made other than the objective of taking Carwyn down a peg or two. Two days later and real deals are now being made. Should be sorted by Monday.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:11 - May 13 with 1822 viewsnice_to_michu

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 18:53 - May 13 by Private_Partz

A coordinated action? Does that equate to forming a minority coalition government? This was all about the First Minister vote. The other parties are bound to try and discredit Plaid now in the dog eat dog world of politics. RTD and Neil Hamilton have their views and Plaid are united in the fact that no deals were made other than the objective of taking Carwyn down a peg or two. Two days later and real deals are now being made. Should be sorted by Monday.

Ok, so UKIP's Nathan Gill said that he will only vote for Carwyn Jones if he can get as much of the UKIP manifesto pledges into law (even though that would be a very small amount considering Labour only needs one vote to break the deadlock, literally the complete opposite of the deal that Leanne Wood negotiated as she needed another 17 votes and would've given up much more).

But when EVERY SINGLE UKIP AND TORY assembly member votes for Leanne Wood it's just a coordinated action for the First Minister vote?

I'm sorry you were duped that about Plaid actually being left-wing, a few of us on here did mention it a few times...
Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:23 - May 13 with 1815 viewsexiledclaseboy

Welsh Conservative leader Andrew RT Davies told BBC Radio Wales on Friday there had been three sets of "substantial" talks involving two AMs from his party and two AMs from Plaid.

"We have an historic opportunity to break the mould in Wales... but this will only be possible with clear enthusiasm from others," Tory leader Andrew RT Davies said.

"Should such ambition not be shown... Welsh Conservatives will not be minded to repeat our action from Wednesday's vote."

UKIP assembly group leader Neil Hamilton said the average Plaid voter did not back the party to see it "effectively" go into coalition with Labour.

"We are all in favour of talks, but minority parties should stick together against Labour arrogance," he said.

On Thursday, some UKIP AMs suggested they could switch their votes if parts of their manifesto were made law, although Mr Gething said for Labour: "That is not something we would consider."

Anyone thinking that Plaid wouldn't have sold what's left of its soul to form some kind of hideous coalition government with their supposed ideological opposites in the Tories and UKIP is clearly deluding themselves. It's clear what was attempted earlier this week and if Kirsty Williams hadn't put a stop to it we'd be typing on this thread while being governed by a horrendous mishmash of nats and Tories with no legitimacy whatsoever.
[Post edited 13 May 2016 19:29]

Poll: Tory leader

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:26 - May 13 with 1810 viewstrampie

Mark Reckless [UKIP AM] said on the Daily Politics show that Labour has been talking to him.

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:27 - May 13 with 1806 viewslondonlisa2001

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:23 - May 13 by exiledclaseboy

Welsh Conservative leader Andrew RT Davies told BBC Radio Wales on Friday there had been three sets of "substantial" talks involving two AMs from his party and two AMs from Plaid.

"We have an historic opportunity to break the mould in Wales... but this will only be possible with clear enthusiasm from others," Tory leader Andrew RT Davies said.

"Should such ambition not be shown... Welsh Conservatives will not be minded to repeat our action from Wednesday's vote."

UKIP assembly group leader Neil Hamilton said the average Plaid voter did not back the party to see it "effectively" go into coalition with Labour.

"We are all in favour of talks, but minority parties should stick together against Labour arrogance," he said.

On Thursday, some UKIP AMs suggested they could switch their votes if parts of their manifesto were made law, although Mr Gething said for Labour: "That is not something we would consider."

Anyone thinking that Plaid wouldn't have sold what's left of its soul to form some kind of hideous coalition government with their supposed ideological opposites in the Tories and UKIP is clearly deluding themselves. It's clear what was attempted earlier this week and if Kirsty Williams hadn't put a stop to it we'd be typing on this thread while being governed by a horrendous mishmash of nats and Tories with no legitimacy whatsoever.

End of discussion.
Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:32 - May 13 with 1800 viewsacejack3065

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:27 - May 13 by londonlisa2001

End of discussion.

It won't be. Labour are still the real red Tory scum. Everyone says. Keep up.
Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:33 - May 13 with 1800 viewsexiledclaseboy

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:27 - May 13 by londonlisa2001

End of discussion.

You know it won't be.

Poll: Tory leader

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:35 - May 13 with 1794 viewslondonlisa2001

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:33 - May 13 by exiledclaseboy

You know it won't be.

Obviously not - he never gives up, just starts a new thread when he starts looking even more stupid than usual.

It was ever thus.
Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:39 - May 13 with 1782 viewsnice_to_michu

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 19:23 - May 13 by exiledclaseboy

Excellent post. Very well put.

Your use of direct quotes from the key conspirators should be enough to prove the Plaid betrayal.....oh wait, who am I kidding?
Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 22:01 - May 13 with 1749 viewstrampie

Andrew RT Davies [Conservative leader] has had discussions with Carwyn Jones [Labour leader] both on the phone and face to face, as per direct quotes in the press.

Mark Reckless [UKIP] has spoken to Labour, as per tv interview.

Oh dear.

Meanwhile a quote from Leanne Wood in the press is “Let me put on record, as long as I am leader of Plaid Cymru I will never do a deal which arrives at a coalition with UKIP or the Tories.”
[Post edited 13 May 2016 22:34]

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 22:55 - May 13 with 1713 viewsPrivate_Partz

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 22:01 - May 13 by trampie

Andrew RT Davies [Conservative leader] has had discussions with Carwyn Jones [Labour leader] both on the phone and face to face, as per direct quotes in the press.

Mark Reckless [UKIP] has spoken to Labour, as per tv interview.

Oh dear.

Meanwhile a quote from Leanne Wood in the press is “Let me put on record, as long as I am leader of Plaid Cymru I will never do a deal which arrives at a coalition with UKIP or the Tories.”
[Post edited 13 May 2016 22:34]

So what has happened? Plaid are now In talks with Labour and agreement is expected on Monday. Those who think the crazy trio of Plaid, UKIP and the Tories would ever have happened are the ones being duped.
Carwyn Jones was asked to delay the Leader vote for 1 week so that discussions with other parties could take place on the way forward. This is not unusual in politics. The fact is that, in his arrogance, he refused to do this.
He is now been forced into such talks.
Now if these talks ultimately fail, and the other three parties jump into bed to cause another election, then I will hold my hands up and say Plaid had another agenda other than getting some concessions and bringing Carwyn to book. Nothing surprises me anymore but this scenario is extremely unlikely IMHO.

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 23:09 - May 13 with 1699 viewstrampie

The only reason talks would fail is if Labour don't give Plaid some of their requests, Plaid will not be able to force an election as Labour can get support from UKIP and the Conservatives.

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 23:11 - May 13 with 1692 viewsnice_to_michu

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 22:55 - May 13 by Private_Partz

So what has happened? Plaid are now In talks with Labour and agreement is expected on Monday. Those who think the crazy trio of Plaid, UKIP and the Tories would ever have happened are the ones being duped.
Carwyn Jones was asked to delay the Leader vote for 1 week so that discussions with other parties could take place on the way forward. This is not unusual in politics. The fact is that, in his arrogance, he refused to do this.
He is now been forced into such talks.
Now if these talks ultimately fail, and the other three parties jump into bed to cause another election, then I will hold my hands up and say Plaid had another agenda other than getting some concessions and bringing Carwyn to book. Nothing surprises me anymore but this scenario is extremely unlikely IMHO.

You've slipped down the rabbit hole, Private_Partz.

You know the whole thing stinks for Plaid. She got caught with her hand in the cookie jar. Of all the non Welsh Labour supporters on here, I thought you would see the light on this one.

This isn't spin. It's happened. Fair cop.
Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 23:49 - May 13 with 1673 viewsPrivate_Partz

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 23:11 - May 13 by nice_to_michu

You've slipped down the rabbit hole, Private_Partz.

You know the whole thing stinks for Plaid. She got caught with her hand in the cookie jar. Of all the non Welsh Labour supporters on here, I thought you would see the light on this one.

This isn't spin. It's happened. Fair cop.

Need to expand upon that. Not sure what you are on about.
However I will add that if talks have taken place with say UKIP over and above the First Leader vote ( as Labour have apparently done btw) then it is up to those politicians to expose Leanne Wood as a liar. They have enough opportunity as she and her party have said it often enough, that a coalition with UKIP and the Tories was never on the cards.
Welsh Labour's decline continues and unfortunately Carwyn's arrogance and complacency in his failure to recognise he is in a minority government has caused this issue.
I hope for him and the Party's sake that they up their game. They got lucky in the elections this time but if the decline continues at the current rate them it will not be pretty in 5 years time.

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 00:05 - May 14 with 1659 viewsDJack

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 23:49 - May 13 by Private_Partz

Need to expand upon that. Not sure what you are on about.
However I will add that if talks have taken place with say UKIP over and above the First Leader vote ( as Labour have apparently done btw) then it is up to those politicians to expose Leanne Wood as a liar. They have enough opportunity as she and her party have said it often enough, that a coalition with UKIP and the Tories was never on the cards.
Welsh Labour's decline continues and unfortunately Carwyn's arrogance and complacency in his failure to recognise he is in a minority government has caused this issue.
I hope for him and the Party's sake that they up their game. They got lucky in the elections this time but if the decline continues at the current rate them it will not be pretty in 5 years time.

"However I will add that if talks have taken place with say UKIP over and above the First Leader vote ( as Labour have apparently done btw)"

Have they or is that UKIP spin..."apparently" doesn't convince me mate.

Let's face it, Labour's seats mean they should reasonably expect to eventually select the FM. Plaid are just getting revenge over the "dodgy date"(?) comment and showing how low they can stoop (btw, I voted for them and am now regretting it). UKIP are being UKIP, disingenuous and manipulative.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Plaid do a deal with UKIP and the Tories on 00:14 - May 14 with 1650 viewstrampie

Leanne Wood has no control over how other parties vote, Plaid putting up Wood for FM is reasonable enough and if other parties then vote for Wood that is their choice.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024