Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top Gear 12:56 - May 29 with 8603 viewsexiledclaseboy

Back tonight, 8pm on BBC2.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone say that it's nowhere near as good without Clarkson and his insignificant sidekicks.

Poll: Tory leader

Top Gear on 10:15 - May 30 with 1713 viewsHighjack

I think it'll get better once they've settled in and get to know each other a bit better. There's no chemistry there at all at the moment. Last nights show had the feel of a pilot episode where a load of strangers were just chucked together and were not entirely sure what their roles were.

We are comparing it to three men (and the old producers) who had known each other and worked together for nearly two decades and had perfected the art of the incompetent buffoonery that gave the show its charm.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Top Gear on 10:16 - May 30 with 1719 viewsexiledclaseboy

Top Gear on 09:57 - May 30 by Starsky

I have to say that most of you posting on here have issues?
So anyone who enjoyed the format over the years are labelled as the Clarkson Fanboys etc.
ECB is frantically monitoring several media outlets with incessant glee about the Clarksonites kicking off. Now of course, watching the new team, we now have the trendy critics who write off Evans and co after 10 minutes. Somebody mentioned politics?

ITS JUST A FACKING TV SHOW!!!

I loved watching the old show over the years especially the specials. Obviously it's well scripted with all the things that went wrong. I quite liked the look of the new show too. It's going to take some time for Evans to inject his own personality into it.

Clarkson in real life is a kunt. However it doesn't stop me enjoying his TV shows without ECB daubing me with some sort of Clarksonite brigade etc.

I'm sure you all enjoy a TV program with a kunt in it? Hell there's question time with 4 kunts on it each week.

Very tiresome. Grow up FFS.
[Post edited 30 May 2016 9:58]

Issues indeed.

Top Gear on 10:16 - May 30 with 1717 viewsDarran

Top Gear on 10:00 - May 30 by Starsky

Tiresome is the word of the weekend

I think he thinks he's some kind of Richard Branston type chap now he's flying all over the world.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Top Gear on 10:19 - May 30 with 1702 viewsHighjack

Top Gear on 10:16 - May 30 by Darran

I think he thinks he's some kind of Richard Branston type chap now he's flying all over the world.

His brain is pickled?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Top Gear on 10:24 - May 30 with 1698 viewsStarsky

Top Gear on 10:16 - May 30 by Darran

There's enough hot air from him lately to fly using Richard's balloon too.

It's just the internet, init.

Top Gear on 14:45 - May 30 with 1600 viewsjackal

Top Gear on 09:57 - May 30 by Starsky

I have to say that most of you posting on here have issues?
So anyone who enjoyed the format over the years are labelled as the Clarkson Fanboys etc.
ECB is frantically monitoring several media outlets with incessant glee about the Clarksonites kicking off. Now of course, watching the new team, we now have the trendy critics who write off Evans and co after 10 minutes. Somebody mentioned politics?

ITS JUST A FACKING TV SHOW!!!

I loved watching the old show over the years especially the specials. Obviously it's well scripted with all the things that went wrong. I quite liked the look of the new show too. It's going to take some time for Evans to inject his own personality into it.

Clarkson in real life is a kunt. However it doesn't stop me enjoying his TV shows without ECB daubing me with some sort of Clarksonite brigade etc.

I'm sure you all enjoy a TV program with a kunt in it? Hell there's question time with 4 kunts on it each week.

Very tiresome. Grow up FFS.
[Post edited 30 May 2016 9:58]

Well said,sir. Loved the show with Clarkson and mates. Just because Clarkson was a tw@t off screen, it doesn't lessen my enjoyment.
Al Pacino was arrested for carrying a gun. But The Godfather is still a great film.
By the way, not impressed with Evans at all, though LeBlanc was good.
[Post edited 30 May 2016 14:50]
Top Gear on 14:50 - May 30 with 1588 viewsStarsky

Top Gear on 14:45 - May 30 by jackal

Well said,sir. Loved the show with Clarkson and mates. Just because Clarkson was a tw@t off screen, it doesn't lessen my enjoyment.
Al Pacino was arrested for carrying a gun. But The Godfather is still a great film.
By the way, not impressed with Evans at all, though LeBlanc was good.
[Post edited 30 May 2016 14:50]

The episode with Clarkson driving the 3 wheeler Reliant Robin was hilarious

Top Gear on 15:00 - May 30 with 1579 viewsdailew

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Login to get fewer ads

Top Gear on 15:15 - May 30 with 1557 viewsStarsky

Top Gear on 15:00 - May 30 by dailew

I nearly laughed at one point.

Top Gear on 17:47 - May 30 with 1498 viewsexiledclaseboy

4.4m overnight ratings. Will go above 5m when time shifting is added. Not too shabby.

Top Gear on 18:57 - May 30 with 1468 viewsjackal

Top Gear on 17:47 - May 30 by exiledclaseboy

4.4m overnight ratings. Will go above 5m when time shifting is added. Not too shabby.

Just people checking it out. The reviews aren't good.
Interesting to see next weeks figures.
Not a patch on Clarkson and co.
Top Gear on 19:00 - May 30 with 1463 viewsblueytheblue

Top Gear on 18:57 - May 30 by jackal

Yeah, first episode not the best to judge based upon viewing figures

You'll get some diehards tuning in, you'll get those curious to see how Evans does etc. It would still take a while to get rid of teething issues, ie sacking Evans...

What's more important is the overall viewing figures trend. If it's peaked and shows a steady decline, then can't see the show lasting much longer.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Top Gear on 19:00 - May 30 with 1463 viewsexiledclaseboy

Top Gear on 18:57 - May 30 by jackal

Reviews were mixed I'd say. Most saying that they weren't bold enough in moving away from the old format. You're right, next week's figures will be telling. I doubt I'll watch it again. I stopped about three years ago when Clarkson and co's batnz became boorish and tiresome. I only watched last night cos of the novelty value.

Top Gear on 12:33 - May 31 with 1326 viewsfather_jack

shit eff by that 'comedian' to mock hammonds crash imo.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Top Gear on 12:45 - May 31 with 1319 viewsacejack3065

Top Gear on 19:00 - May 30 by blueytheblue

Yeah, first episode not the best to judge based upon viewing figures

You'll get some diehards tuning in, you'll get those curious to see how Evans does etc. It would still take a while to get rid of teething issues, ie sacking Evans...

What's more important is the overall viewing figures trend. If it's peaked and shows a steady decline, then can't see the show lasting much longer.

I can almost taste how desperate you are for the relaunch to fail Bluey.

How much is an Amazon Prime subscription?
Top Gear on 12:52 - May 31 with 1309 viewsblueytheblue

Top Gear on 12:45 - May 31 by acejack3065

I can almost taste how desperate you are for the relaunch to fail Bluey.

How much is an Amazon Prime subscription?

Wouldn't say desparate, just think it was ill advised to even try to get close to the previous format especially with Evans and LeBlanc who is used to heavy scripting, reshooting lines in Friends dependant upon audience reaction.

I'm sure it's possible to find out on the internet how much an Amazon Prime subscription is.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Top Gear on 13:44 - May 31 with 1275 viewsLeonisGod

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/dad-analysing-top-gear-as-
Top Gear on 14:13 - May 31 with 1254 viewsPhaedrus

Top Gear on 21:16 - May 29 by marchamjack

to use a car analogy...that was flat

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Top Gear on 21:00 - Jun 12 with 1052 viewsdonkeylabour

Will this series make it to the end?

It's like the old top gear without the laughs (yes I know that's not allowed) and the camaraderie.

Please just end this now

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Top Gear on 21:41 - Jun 16 with 895 viewsLord_Bony

Chris Evans breaks down and cries over a car and the viewing figures....ffs mun...

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/677214/Top-Gear-Antiques-Roadshow-view

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Top Gear on 07:41 - Jun 17 with 835 viewsItchySphincter

Not a fan of the show but I dipped in to the second episode when they went to S.Africa and it fine, mildly amusing and no better or worse than anything their predecessors did. Biggest problem is the hype they generated by having a relaunch which actually just turned out to be change of presenters - they should have just said we're keeping the same see you next year.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024