Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What kind of person does this? 14:42 - May 30 with 11552 viewsDarran

Staggering,he's been arrested now.
Why? Just why?

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/30/man-who-wore-offensive-hillsborough-t-shirt-arrest

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What kind of person does this? on 14:39 - May 31 with 1331 viewsLohengrin

Anyone remember these from the early '80s?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

What kind of person does this? on 14:39 - May 31 with 1330 viewsmorningstar

What kind of person does this? on 14:37 - May 31 by controversial_jack

Yes, there is a mistake as there is no such offence

It's copied and pasted on page 1 of this thread!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

What kind of person does this? on 14:40 - May 31 with 1330 viewscontroversial_jack

What kind of person does this? on 11:56 - May 31 by LeonisGod

Tend to agree. I'm sure the family of the 96 disagree, but where do you draw the line? How offensive does something have to be and to how many people. Being offended is so subjective that to me it just seems an overly complex (and therefore expensive) issue to resolve legally.

Can't most people (the families of the 96 excepted probably) just agree that this bloke is a complete tvvat and then just move on?

Exactly, it shouldn't be a police matter. Where do we draw the line? Should all those at Charlie Hobo have been arrested for insulting Islam etc ?
What kind of person does this? on 14:43 - May 31 with 1326 viewsLohengrin

What kind of person does this? on 14:40 - May 31 by controversial_jack

Exactly, it shouldn't be a police matter. Where do we draw the line? Should all those at Charlie Hobo have been arrested for insulting Islam etc ?

Or flip that one on its head and ask should anybody wearing Islamic garb in Paris after recent events be charged?

What kind of person does this? on 14:51 - May 31 with 1314 viewscontroversial_jack

What kind of person does this? on 14:43 - May 31 by Lohengrin

Or flip that one on its head and ask should anybody wearing Islamic garb in Paris after recent events be charged?

There's no end to this is there?The road to a police state. Seems many would be happy with this
What kind of person does this? on 14:54 - May 31 with 1338 viewsDarran

What kind of person does this? on 14:37 - May 31 by controversial_jack

Yes, there is a mistake as there is no such offence

WTF is your point you silly tw*t?

Nobody cares, he's been charged you f*ckwit.

What kind of person does this? on 14:58 - May 31 with 1336 viewscontroversial_jack

What kind of person does this? on 14:54 - May 31 by Darran

WTF is your point you silly tw*t?

Nobody cares, he's been charged you f*ckwit.

Could you be charged with being an annoying tw*t? I'm sure there's an ancient act of parliament that would cover this
What kind of person does this? on 15:02 - May 31 with 1333 viewsLohengrin

What kind of person does this? on 14:51 - May 31 by controversial_jack

There's no end to this is there?The road to a police state. Seems many would be happy with this

No end at all. If somebody is doing something stupid then the best reaction is to ridicule them not have them locked up.

Login to get fewer ads

What kind of person does this? on 15:09 - May 31 with 1322 viewsDewi1jack

What kind of person does this? on 15:02 - May 31 by Lohengrin

No end at all. If somebody is doing something stupid then the best reaction is to ridicule them not have them locked up.

Go back to the old days, lock them in the stocks and throw the contents of an abattoir floor (in balloons ) or rotten fruit and veg at people like this muppet with the T shirt acting the tw@ in public.

In his case, not sure if we should take the fruit out of the tin or not

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

What kind of person does this? on 15:14 - May 31 with 1319 viewsStarsky

What kind of person does this? on 02:53 - May 31 by Starsky

Surely, the fact that he has been arrested, proves that a law has been broken?

Sherpajob has down arrowed my quoted post above.

There was nothing abusive about it, so I can only assume that he doesn't have a problem with the tee shirt just like Controvesial Jack.

WTF is wrong with you guys! There's preserving free speech and there's preserving common decency.

That guy with his tee shirt has crossed the line and has been arrested for it.

If you can't work out where to draw the line then you really don't understand what's right and what's wrong.

It's just the internet, init.

What kind of person does this? on 15:16 - May 31 with 1319 viewscontroversial_jack

What kind of person does this? on 15:09 - May 31 by Dewi1jack

Go back to the old days, lock them in the stocks and throw the contents of an abattoir floor (in balloons ) or rotten fruit and veg at people like this muppet with the T shirt acting the tw@ in public.

In his case, not sure if we should take the fruit out of the tin or not

The idea of free speech is saying things that may offend or annoy others, otherwise it's not free and it's worthless, What's the point in saying things that everyone agrees with?Do I think he's a disgusting creature ; yes he Is, but a criminal, no!
What kind of person does this? on 15:23 - May 31 with 1308 viewsStarsky

What kind of person does this? on 15:16 - May 31 by controversial_jack

The idea of free speech is saying things that may offend or annoy others, otherwise it's not free and it's worthless, What's the point in saying things that everyone agrees with?Do I think he's a disgusting creature ; yes he Is, but a criminal, no!

Well if he's charged and prosecuted then he will be a crim.

It's just the internet, init.

What kind of person does this? on 15:27 - May 31 with 1303 viewsDarran

What kind of person does this? on 15:23 - May 31 by Starsky

Well if he's charged and prosecuted then he will be a crim.

Why do you debate with CJ the blokes clearly a f*cking idiot who's never been right once.

What kind of person does this? on 15:32 - May 31 with 1299 viewsjack247

Thats not the idea of free speech at all. It's to allow you your own viewpoint. It isn't a vehicle for antagonising people.

I honestly can't see why you're defending this clown.
What kind of person does this? on 15:38 - May 31 with 1298 viewsDarran

What kind of person does this? on 15:32 - May 31 by jack247

Thats not the idea of free speech at all. It's to allow you your own viewpoint. It isn't a vehicle for antagonising people.

Coz he's a cock that's why.

What kind of person does this? on 15:49 - May 31 with 1291 viewsmorningstar

What kind of person does this? on 15:14 - May 31 by Starsky

Sherpajob has down arrowed my quoted post above.

There was nothing abusive about it, so I can only assume that he doesn't have a problem with the tee shirt just like Controvesial Jack.

WTF is wrong with you guys! There's preserving free speech and there's preserving common decency.

That guy with his tee shirt has crossed the line and has been arrested for it.

If you can't work out where to draw the line then you really don't understand what's right and what's wrong.

I was actually quite annoyed at sherpy for doing that.

It's my job!

What kind of person does this? on 16:26 - May 31 with 1264 viewscontroversial_jack

What kind of person does this? on 15:32 - May 31 by jack247

I'm not defending the guy - he's scum, but it's not and should not be a police matter
What kind of person does this? on 16:42 - May 31 with 1250 viewsLoyal

What kind of person does this? on 16:26 - May 31 by controversial_jack

I'm not defending the guy - he's scum, but it's not and should not be a police matter

Words shouted or words written, there is no difference.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

What kind of person does this? on 16:47 - May 31 with 1248 viewsjack247

What kind of person does this? on 16:26 - May 31 by controversial_jack

Intentional harassment, alarm or distress.

You could argue it's not harassment. Best of luck trying to convince anyone it wasn't intended to cause alarm or distress.
What kind of person does this? on 17:10 - May 31 with 1223 viewscontroversial_jack

What kind of person does this? on 16:47 - May 31 by jack247

Intentional harassment, alarm or distress.

You could argue it's not harassment. Best of luck trying to convince anyone it wasn't intended to cause alarm or distress.

Every slogan is intended to get a response of some sort, but some go further than others. You can't give offence, you can only take it
What kind of person does this? on 17:11 - May 31 with 1221 viewsDarran

What kind of person does this? on 17:10 - May 31 by controversial_jack

Every slogan is intended to get a response of some sort, but some go further than others. You can't give offence, you can only take it

Prick.

What kind of person does this? on 17:13 - May 31 with 1218 viewsHighjack

Can you get arrested for saying you'd like to give a lady poster a firm hand on a football forum?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

What kind of person does this? on 17:16 - May 31 with 1214 viewsDarran

What kind of person does this? on 17:13 - May 31 by Highjack

Can you get arrested for saying you'd like to give a lady poster a firm hand on a football forum?

Well he's made that point many times in the past so I'm sure he'll say yes.

What kind of person does this? on 17:32 - May 31 with 1199 viewsmorningstar

What kind of person does this? on 17:13 - May 31 by Highjack

About as much chance as having an avatar showing a monkey in glasses having a fag i would say!

What kind of person does this? on 17:51 - May 31 with 1180 viewslondonlisa2001

We don't have an absolute right of free speech in the UK.

Don't know why people appear to think we do? Watching too many U.S. TV shows I imagine.

Fairly obvious that this guy has worn something with the sole intention of causing distress. That's against the law here and he has been arrested and a charged as a result.

The reality is that there is no alternative is there. I mean he knows damn well that no one can smack him as that is against the law and he would be quick to press charges. He will have done this wanting to offend and being confident that no one can do anything about it. Classic bully. Hope they put him inside - see how big he is then.

I find the current increase in bullying behaviour abhorrent. Whether it is people like this bloke, or people sending disgusting twitter messages to people (there is a report in the press today about a female MP who received 600 messages threatening or mentioning rape in one day). The only way to try to stop it is to introduce a zero tolerance policy to make people think twice. Some people are obviously unable to demonstrate any common decency whatsoever, so treat them as they treat others - without a shred of understanding, empathy or remorse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024