Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Zealand v Wales 09:04 - Jun 7 with 12462 viewsmax936

1st test on Saturday 8.35 ko it's on Sky Sports, followed by Wales v Slovakia at 6pm ko later in the day, nice days sport

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

New Zealand v Wales on 11:45 - Jun 8 with 1276 viewsmonmouth

New Zealand v Wales on 11:42 - Jun 8 by SwansNZ

Or worse, depending on results

Max will be after you now!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New Zealand v Wales on 12:43 - Jun 8 with 1261 viewsperchrockjack

More pitiful dismissing of game that is world wide and open to all to play, unlike tennis and golf (as mentioned by the good Winnie), which are still prone to "class".

Rugby is a game we (British) invented and we spread it out to the Empire where it still stands tall in SA and NZ.

I can assure egg doubters and fans of other sports are equally dismissive about many sports including baseball/Ice Hockey/Basketball, all arguably boring beyond belief yet adored by millions.

Football is despised by millions who see it as representing all that is bad in sport, eg overpaid, over exposed egotists whose protagonists have unmitigated contempt for the punters who give their hard earned to support. Hell, our lil club is seemingly guilty of this now. Football and football fans have no right at all to dismiss rugby football and the fact it is played in lesser countries than football can also be said of every other sport but it does not mean that it does not matter to fans.

Finally, cricket ,loved by many ,is seen as also being played in a handful of countries , is perceived by most people are too boring and meaningless to comprehend.

Have a look at any "crowd" for a Championship game .

Get the drift?

Thought not

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

New Zealand v Wales on 17:55 - Jun 8 with 1221 viewsperplex

New Zealand v Wales on 18:29 - Jun 7 by max936

The sport is growing World wide, you only have to look at the amount of Rugby 7's tournaments that are happening, its only a matter of time before these other nations develop their 15 aside game Japan in the last World Cup for instance, yes it was a one off game against the Saffies, but change is coming probably gonna take another 2 World cups perhaps, but its coming.

I disagree teams like Romania, Georgia, Russia, Canada USA etc have been minor players for Donkeys years they have hardly progressed at all ok Japan had a one off against SA which was great but in reality all the countries that could become a force just have no interest in the game whatsoever, hence only 4 countries have won the world cup and that is how it will be for the next 20 years no doubt.
New Zealand v Wales on 18:11 - Jun 8 with 1215 viewsjojaca

New Zealand v Wales on 17:55 - Jun 8 by perplex

I disagree teams like Romania, Georgia, Russia, Canada USA etc have been minor players for Donkeys years they have hardly progressed at all ok Japan had a one off against SA which was great but in reality all the countries that could become a force just have no interest in the game whatsoever, hence only 4 countries have won the world cup and that is how it will be for the next 20 years no doubt.

I have lost interest in the last couple of years, I still watch internationals but now I am struggling to name the players playing for the regions. The game is just to slow in the Northern hemsiphere compared to South. Rugby needs changes to the game to speed it up, they can be on the same scrum after I have gone for pee and made myself a cup of tea. They also need to drop penalties from 3pts to 2pts and encourage more tries. I have attend a few Scarlets matches this year and there is no atmosphere and the fans are not even watching the games, they are busy talking about eastenders to the person sat next to them because the sport is just a stop start affair.

Even when you know, you never know?

New Zealand v Wales on 18:11 - Jun 8 with 1215 viewsmax936

It'll happen watch this space, I did say though that it'll probably take another two World Cups, but change it will.

New Zealand v Wales on 18:23 - Jun 8 with 1209 viewsBanosswan

Only eight teams have won the football world cup and that's been going much longer.

At the highest level, the clock needs to stop more often. Kick to touch, clock doesn't start until lineout set. First scrum collapse, clock stops until ball leaves base of reset scrum. The ball needs to be in play more, which will tire the players more, creating more space.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

New Zealand v Wales on 18:43 - Jun 8 with 1205 viewsmax936

New Zealand v Wales on 18:23 - Jun 8 by Banosswan

Only eight teams have won the football world cup and that's been going much longer.

At the highest level, the clock needs to stop more often. Kick to touch, clock doesn't start until lineout set. First scrum collapse, clock stops until ball leaves base of reset scrum. The ball needs to be in play more, which will tire the players more, creating more space.

Good points, but the last thing we need is more stops, this constant referral to the TMO is ruining the game the ref and his linesmen can't make simple decisions that are there in front of their eyes and its turning people away imo, I've no objection to calling up foul play by the way, there's also to many high tackles called wrong at least 90% are not dangerous tackles, the scrum is a big problem area the game time lost through scrums is unreal, Refs need to go round clubs and tell teams exactly what's required and make the rules more understandable to the players.

And Breathe

New Zealand v Wales on 18:46 - Jun 8 with 1199 viewsBanosswan

New Zealand v Wales on 18:43 - Jun 8 by max936

Good points, but the last thing we need is more stops, this constant referral to the TMO is ruining the game the ref and his linesmen can't make simple decisions that are there in front of their eyes and its turning people away imo, I've no objection to calling up foul play by the way, there's also to many high tackles called wrong at least 90% are not dangerous tackles, the scrum is a big problem area the game time lost through scrums is unreal, Refs need to go round clubs and tell teams exactly what's required and make the rules more understandable to the players.

And Breathe

These periods are stops anyway. The referee can still hurry players to the lineout/penalise infringements in the scrum. There'd just be less incentive to delay the game for a rest.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

Login to get fewer ads

New Zealand v Wales on 18:50 - Jun 8 with 1196 viewsmax936

New Zealand v Wales on 18:46 - Jun 8 by Banosswan

These periods are stops anyway. The referee can still hurry players to the lineout/penalise infringements in the scrum. There'd just be less incentive to delay the game for a rest.

Somin needs to change that's for sure, otherwise there'll be more drunken buxsom ladies wearing cowboy hats at the games, cause its a fact that its putting the rugger fans off.

New Zealand v Wales on 18:52 - Jun 8 with 1193 viewsBanosswan

New Zealand v Wales on 18:50 - Jun 8 by max936

Somin needs to change that's for sure, otherwise there'll be more drunken buxsom ladies wearing cowboy hats at the games, cause its a fact that its putting the rugger fans off.

These dozy bints drive the price up too, by paying anything the wru asks.

New Zealand v Wales on 20:01 - Jun 8 with 1173 viewsSwansNZ

New Zealand v Wales on 18:52 - Jun 8 by Banosswan

These dozy bints drive the price up too, by paying anything the wru asks.

All Blacks team to play Wales

Ben Smith, Waisake Naholo, Malakai Fekitoa, Ryan Crotty, Julian Savea, Aaron Cruden, Aaron Smith; Kieran Read (captain), Sam Cane, Jerome Kaino, Brodie Retallick, Luke Romano; Owen Franks, Dane Coles, Joe Moody.

One heck of a stong team, Wales need to be on thier game.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

New Zealand v Wales on 20:06 - Jun 8 with 1162 viewsmax936

New Zealand v Wales on 20:01 - Jun 8 by SwansNZ

Ben Smith, Waisake Naholo, Malakai Fekitoa, Ryan Crotty, Julian Savea, Aaron Cruden, Aaron Smith; Kieran Read (captain), Sam Cane, Jerome Kaino, Brodie Retallick, Luke Romano; Owen Franks, Dane Coles, Joe Moody.

Thing is the could pick a different 15 and they'd still be just as strong, lots of new names in that back line isn't it?

New Zealand v Wales on 20:06 - Jun 8 with 1161 viewsmonmouth

Not one Wales player would get a sniff of getting within 50 miles of that team. You're right, they'd better be 'on their game'. I suppose stranger things have happened, though I can't recall any offhand. The girl in the Crying Game that had a todger maybe.

New Zealand v Wales on 20:18 - Jun 8 with 1152 viewsSwansNZ

New Zealand v Wales on 20:06 - Jun 8 by max936

Thing is the could pick a different 15 and they'd still be just as strong, lots of new names in that back line isn't it?

Team with caps in ()

1. Joe Moody (11)
2. Dane Coles (36)
3. Owen Franks (78)
4. Luke Romano (22)
5. Brodie Retallick (47)
6. Jerome Kaino (67)
7. Sam Cane (31)
8. Kieran Read — captain (84)
9. Aaron Smith (47)
10. Aaron Cruden (37)
11. Julian Savea (41)
12. Ryan Crotty (15)
13. Malakai Fekitoa (13)
14. Waisake Naholo (3)
15. Ben Smith (48)

Crotty and Fekitoa are relatively inexperienced, but both have over 10 caps, but “could” be a possible weakness. Naholo only has 3, but would have had a few more last year if he had not broken his leg -he’s a very big/strong winger, as is Savea.

One good thing is that Cruden is not the most accurate place kicker (watch him get 100% on Saturday now), and neither is Barrett (reserve), but of course, we’d have to keep it close for that to matter, if we let in 7 tries it’s no bloody good.

New Zealand v Wales on 22:24 - Jun 8 with 1120 viewsmax936

New Zealand v Wales on 20:18 - Jun 8 by SwansNZ

Team with caps in ()

1. Joe Moody (11)
2. Dane Coles (36)
3. Owen Franks (78)
4. Luke Romano (22)
5. Brodie Retallick (47)
6. Jerome Kaino (67)
7. Sam Cane (31)
8. Kieran Read — captain (84)
9. Aaron Smith (47)
10. Aaron Cruden (37)
11. Julian Savea (41)
12. Ryan Crotty (15)
13. Malakai Fekitoa (13)
14. Waisake Naholo (3)
15. Ben Smith (48)

Crotty and Fekitoa are relatively inexperienced, but both have over 10 caps, but “could” be a possible weakness. Naholo only has 3, but would have had a few more last year if he had not broken his leg -he’s a very big/strong winger, as is Savea.

One good thing is that Cruden is not the most accurate place kicker (watch him get 100% on Saturday now), and neither is Barrett (reserve), but of course, we’d have to keep it close for that to matter, if we let in 7 tries it’s no bloody good.

Bloody hell, I would never have thought that, that team would have had so many caps.

New Zealand v Wales on 23:46 - Jun 8 with 955 viewsSwansNZ

Welsh team.

15 Liam Williams
14 George North
13 Jonathan Davies
12 Jamie Roberts
11 Hallam Amos
10 Dan Biggar
9 Rhys Webb
8 Taulupe Faletau
7 Sam Warburton
6 Ross Moriarty
5 Alun Wyn Jones
4 Bradley Davies
3 Samson Lee
2 Ken Owens
1 Gethin Jenkins

Replacements:
Scott Baldwin
Rob Evans
Tomas Francis
Jake Ball
Ellis Jenkins
Gareth Davies
Gareth Anscombe
Scott Williams

New Zealand v Wales on 11:13 - Jun 9 with 921 viewsfather_jack

japan now have a team in super rugby mind. did the argies a lot of good joining tri nations didnt it.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

New Zealand v Wales on 12:38 - Jun 9 with 909 viewsdickythorpe

Why the hell is Gethin Jenkins picked over Rob Evans? He wont be around much longer. Jonathan Davies straight back in!
Gatland sure does have his favourites!!

Good to see Ken Owens instead of the woeful Baldwin. Massive opportunity for Moriarty to shine.
New Zealand v Wales on 13:12 - Jun 9 with 899 viewsmonmouth

New Zealand v Wales on 12:38 - Jun 9 by dickythorpe

Why the hell is Gethin Jenkins picked over Rob Evans? He wont be around much longer. Jonathan Davies straight back in!
Gatland sure does have his favourites!!

Good to see Ken Owens instead of the woeful Baldwin. Massive opportunity for Moriarty to shine.

I was starting to think Owens had shagged Gatland's cat or something. Light years ahead of Baldwin. So thank God for that. Two centres that are told not to pass, and can't pass anyway. I wonder what the tactics will be?

Now...let me guess. Bis, Bosh, Bash, Bosh, Bosh. Re-bosh, Re-bash, re-bish. Bosh again, Bish again, bash again. Knock-on or get turned over. Try NZ. Rinse and repeat. Is 0835 too early to start drinking heavily?

Ach, who knows, the stars might be aligned or something. An injury ravaged bunch of bothers only lost by a few points to Oz and SA and beat Ingerlund when it mattered a few months ago. Give it the full cock out job boys.

New Zealand v Wales on 13:18 - Jun 9 with 897 viewsmax936

New Zealand v Wales on 13:12 - Jun 9 by monmouth

I was starting to think Owens had shagged Gatland's cat or something. Light years ahead of Baldwin. So thank God for that. Two centres that are told not to pass, and can't pass anyway. I wonder what the tactics will be?

Now...let me guess. Bis, Bosh, Bash, Bosh, Bosh. Re-bosh, Re-bash, re-bish. Bosh again, Bish again, bash again. Knock-on or get turned over. Try NZ. Rinse and repeat. Is 0835 too early to start drinking heavily?

Ach, who knows, the stars might be aligned or something. An injury ravaged bunch of bothers only lost by a few points to Oz and SA and beat Ingerlund when it mattered a few months ago. Give it the full cock out job boys.

Monny sit there with a nice beer, bit early for me mind lm more of a tea snd toast type that time of the morning and enjoy, we're not expecting anything so anythings a bonus

New Zealand v Wales on 13:30 - Jun 9 with 893 viewsmonmouth

New Zealand v Wales on 13:18 - Jun 9 by max936

Monny sit there with a nice beer, bit early for me mind lm more of a tea snd toast type that time of the morning and enjoy, we're not expecting anything so anythings a bonus

Stocked up with more Banana Beer, some lovely Butty Bach and, on your implied recommendation, some The Dogs Bollocks or whatever it's called...Proper Job, that's it. I should be well away by midday and unconscious for the footy (might be for the best).

I don't drink that much normally, but all those shiny bottles in Asda at 4 for a fiver and I'm like a kiddy in the sweetshop. There's just too much choice. I'll need more shelves in the garage soon.

New Zealand v Wales on 17:45 - Jun 9 with 873 viewsperplex

No matter if there on there game or not there going to lose.
New Zealand v Wales on 21:32 - Jun 9 with 830 viewswestwiltsjack

New Zealand v Wales on 22:24 - Jun 8 by max936

Bloody hell, I would never have thought that, that team would have had so many caps.

Could have been worse, they could have picked this lot:

Hoodlum N’okia

Finton C Bird

Raider Simpleton

Conrad Filthy

Wa’iso Fackntough-Aloohoo

Abel Rentokil

Jeremiah Preacher- Curl

Ira Milkydrink

Caleb Razorbill

Ethan Mountaindew

Craven Fia-lita

John Davies

Nastyman Benjamin

Minto Hoola-Hoop

Bartley Buttercup

We wouldn't have stood a chance against that lot.
New Zealand v Wales on 23:37 - Jun 9 with 788 viewsmonmouth

F**k it. A bit of rain and some of the grunt and heart that Wales showed in the WC and there could be a serious shot at this. The lucky bounce has to turn at some point and Barnes has buggered NZ before (buggered Wales too mind). A terrible France would have beaten them there in the WC final if not for a bent ref. This could be THE day. They haven't lost there for a thousand years; we haven't ever lost there by less than about a thousand points. It's there for the taking. Lump on.

New Zealand v Wales on 23:58 - Jun 9 with 782 viewsSwansNZ

New Zealand v Wales on 23:37 - Jun 9 by monmouth

F**k it. A bit of rain and some of the grunt and heart that Wales showed in the WC and there could be a serious shot at this. The lucky bounce has to turn at some point and Barnes has buggered NZ before (buggered Wales too mind). A terrible France would have beaten them there in the WC final if not for a bent ref. This could be THE day. They haven't lost there for a thousand years; we haven't ever lost there by less than about a thousand points. It's there for the taking. Lump on.

That’s the spirit.

btw, the forecast is for a mostly fine dry day/evening, good for open running rugby.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024