Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn 11:13 - Jun 19 with 8241 viewsLohengrin

Watching Corbyn on the Andrew Marr Show pouring out the verbal emollient of the preciousness of democracy, how politicians must be afforded adequate protection as they carry out this higher calling, how an attack on such venerable light-bearers is a crime like no other; all the while his pupils dilating and contracting slightly, the thought struck me that for Marr the overall effect must have been not unlike that of a patient receiving a prescriptive diagnosis from Dr Crippen.

Violent attacks for political ends upon politicians is an entirely new development he would have had the viewers believe. The result of UKIP's Brexit poster campaign is the line he appeared to be propagating. It's that ghastly far-right 'wot dun it.

Well allow me to refresh your memory, which Corbyn has such blatant contempt for, of what he had to say previously about the murder of elected British politicians: Those of us of an age will recall the Republican Movement's attempt to murder the Government en masse at Brighton in October, 1984. How many of the Labour supporters on here will recall his editorial in the Labour Briefing two months later where he opined "“It certainly appears to be the case that they only sit up and take notice when they are bombed into it”

To be a good liar is to have a good memory, so its said; but to be a successful liar you have to hope that others have a bad memory and don't have a mass of documentation filed for future reference.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2016 11:15]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:22 - Jun 19 with 4317 viewshobo

Wow, you've been keeping those documents for 32 years hoping he'd contradict himself one day. it's certainly one way to live your life
The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:27 - Jun 19 with 4306 viewsLohengrin

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:22 - Jun 19 by hobo

Wow, you've been keeping those documents for 32 years hoping he'd contradict himself one day. it's certainly one way to live your life

Indeed. They formed part of a thesis I was researching back in the 80's. It's all there labelled, filed and boxed.

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:33 - Jun 19 with 4278 viewsDarran

There's loads on twits about Corbs on the Marr show this morning.

Did he actually say unlimited immigration will not be a problem?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:34 - Jun 19 with 4292 views3swan

Without taking sides right or left, I'm sure that I would have said things 32 years ago that I wouldn't say now.

Times change and people change
The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:40 - Jun 19 with 4268 viewsLohengrin

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:34 - Jun 19 by 3swan

Without taking sides right or left, I'm sure that I would have said things 32 years ago that I wouldn't say now.

Yes. So would I, so have we all, but this is something different. A change of heart may well happen but it won't resurrect the dead. The time in question also saw John McDonnell, Jeremy Corbyn’s shadow chancellor, received a special award from the republican movement for his “unfailing political and personal support.” It was presented to him by Gerry Kelly, the Old Bailey bomber.

Some stains wash clean others don't.

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:42 - Jun 19 with 4258 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Isis

Nazi

Same thing

Far right ,it's not a very good place to be .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:45 - Jun 19 with 4242 viewsLohengrin

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:33 - Jun 19 by Darran

There's loads on twits about Corbs on the Marr show this morning.

Did he actually say unlimited immigration will not be a problem?

Words to that effect, yes. I won't knock him for that though. He genuinely believes that and that's his prerogative. I disagree. I hold the opposite view. The difference between us is I'm happy to let him say what he wants, he and others like him would have opposing views howled down.

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:48 - Jun 19 with 4231 viewsdickythorpe

Loh, are you ok? You seem very angry recently.

Let it go.
Login to get fewer ads

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:50 - Jun 19 with 4223 viewsWarwickHunt

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:34 - Jun 19 by 3swan

Corbyn is the eternal student politician, I doubt if his real views have changed much if at all.
The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:51 - Jun 19 with 4219 viewsLohengrin

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:42 - Jun 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

Isis

Nazi

Same thing

Far right ,it's not a very good place to be .

The "Far-right" in this instance seems to be the Brexit Campaign. Next month it could be something else he doesn't like. It's become a pretty meaningless pejorative. I remember laughing all day after Diane Abbott, I think it was, described Fox Hunters as "Nazis on horseback." It's just mud to be slung in place of original thought.

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:54 - Jun 19 with 4211 viewsHighjack

The vord is alright, but she comes across a bit arrogant. I've always had a weak spot for Lorraine Kelly. Can I throw her into the mix?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:56 - Jun 19 with 4204 viewsLohengrin

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:54 - Jun 19 by Highjack

The vord is alright, but she comes across a bit arrogant. I've always had a weak spot for Lorraine Kelly. Can I throw her into the mix?

Your aim is awful, High. You've thrown her into the wrong thread.

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 12:01 - Jun 19 with 4183 viewsperchrockjack

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:56 - Jun 19 by Lohengrin

So far left is ok or st least preferable.

Left regimes have encapsulated millions and killed whole generations .

Unbelievable we have so many utterly unable to see through this class war worlocks

Truly, corbyn would see our country a far more dangerous place .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 12:10 - Jun 19 with 4159 viewsFlashberryjack

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:51 - Jun 19 by Lohengrin

The "Far-right" in this instance seems to be the Brexit Campaign. Next month it could be something else he doesn't like. It's become a pretty meaningless pejorative. I remember laughing all day after Diane Abbott, I think it was, described Fox Hunters as "Nazis on horseback." It's just mud to be slung in place of original thought.

"Diane Abbott" now there is another c*nt of the highest order.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 12:11 - Jun 19 with 4152 viewsLohengrin

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:48 - Jun 19 by dickythorpe

Loh, are you ok? You seem very angry recently.

Let it go.

Do I? It's probably because I've been born to the wrong generation. I hate it here.

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 12:20 - Jun 19 with 4127 viewscrackerjack

Corbyn spent his whole political career following the established left-wing position on the EU, vigorously campaigning against it with other notable lefties such as Tony Benn & Michael Foot. Only since he's become Labour leader has he appeared to have radically changed his opinions. Why is that? I dislike the "Left" with a passion, and George Galloway more so... but he pretty much nails it for the old guard lefties in Lexit - The Movie. It shows just how far removed the Labour party has drifted rightwards away from it's traditional support to become this sneering, middle-class elite...

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 12:26 - Jun 19 with 4085 viewsDarran

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:45 - Jun 19 by Lohengrin

Words to that effect, yes. I won't knock him for that though. He genuinely believes that and that's his prerogative. I disagree. I hold the opposite view. The difference between us is I'm happy to let him say what he wants, he and others like him would have opposing views howled down.

I've just seen it on Twitter he was asked what should be the upper limit on immigration and he replied I don't think you can have one.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 12:39 - Jun 19 with 4071 viewsLord_Bony

No. What Corbyn actually said was he believed in free movement of capital and jobs within Europe

That also means the free movement of labour to any country...for europeans..

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 12:52 - Jun 19 with 4034 viewsperchrockjack

Corby. Is on the verge of possible power.

Power corrupts and warps the mind.

Please don't delete or edit if you don't mind

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 13:04 - Jun 19 with 4020 viewswaynekerr55

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 12:52 - Jun 19 by perchrockjack

Corby. Is on the verge of possible power.

Power corrupts and warps the mind.

Please don't delete or edit if you don't mind

Corby?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 13:11 - Jun 19 with 3999 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:51 - Jun 19 by Lohengrin

Isis on horse back maybe .

The commons would be on lock down if the c@nt who killed that poor women was on horse back .

As I said

Isis
Nazi's

They are the same ilk , people are in dark places in this country at the moment .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 13:44 - Jun 19 with 3946 viewsHighjack

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 11:56 - Jun 19 by Lohengrin

Whoops. I suppose corbyn has probably been hypocritical about Lorraine at some point so it sort of fits.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 14:07 - Jun 19 with 3911 viewsbuilthjack

Corbyn. Cameron. Trump. Hillary.
Would any sane person vote for any of these?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 14:15 - Jun 19 with 3900 viewstrampie

Labour became traitors to the working class and poor when they became a Red Tory party all those decades ago, the country is doomed what with Blue, Red, Yellow and Purple Tories, Scotland and Wales only have one choice to rid themselves of perpetual Tory rule, England seems to be a lost case.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The steaming hypocrisy of Jeremy Corbyn on 14:19 - Jun 19 with 3894 viewssherpajacob

No different to thatcher " no negotiating with terrorists" whilst secretly negotiating with the IRA.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024