Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Thread 12:01 - Jun 22 with 142808 viewsairedale

Is it worth making this a sticky one, so we can post as arising mods?

Luca Cigarini - Alalanta

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/rumour/swansea-city-enter-race

Simone Zaza - Juventus

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/boss-wants-juve-star-1813393.html

Artur Ionita - Hellas Verona

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/verona-star-linked-1813400.html
Transfer Thread on 17:12 - Jul 18 with 2055 viewsDrizzy

Transfer Thread on 17:08 - Jul 18 by Tom1912

Obviously looking back, signing Gylfi was an absolutely vital signing for us over our next few seasons. What has happened since doesn't reflect their value at the time though.

From a footballing perspective the move made complete sense and that's been validated by the players' performances since the move. No need to whine about value of deals where you aren't aware of the full terms.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Transfer Thread on 17:22 - Jul 18 with 2023 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Tweeted just an hour ago. Is this a reliable source though?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Transfer Thread on 17:25 - Jul 18 with 2007 viewsblaine_scfc

Transfer Thread on 17:22 - Jul 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

I first read that post as saying it was from a reliable transfer source. Got me excited!

Please be true.
N/A. on 17:26 - Jul 18 with 2004 viewsHuw57

Transfer Thread on 17:22 - Jul 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 0:16]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Transfer Thread on 17:32 - Jul 18 with 1962 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Transfer Thread on 17:25 - Jul 18 by blaine_scfc

I first read that post as saying it was from a reliable transfer source. Got me excited!

Please be true.

Well, for what little it's worth, that twitter account has 37.5K followers.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Transfer Thread on 17:33 - Jul 18 with 1956 viewsskippyjack

We don't need midfielders who can't find the net.. especially for the reported 12 million..

We need goalscorers.. Ayew and Gylfi are the only two proven ones at the moment.

sentiment is ruling our heads on this one.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Transfer Thread on 17:37 - Jul 18 with 1934 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Transfer Thread on 17:33 - Jul 18 by skippyjack

We don't need midfielders who can't find the net.. especially for the reported 12 million..

We need goalscorers.. Ayew and Gylfi are the only two proven ones at the moment.

I can't imagine we'd be spending 12 mill on the midfield if we weren't prepared to also spend at least that much on a striker or two.

Transfer Thread on 17:44 - Jul 18 with 1912 viewsskippyjack

Transfer Thread on 17:37 - Jul 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

I can't imagine we'd be spending 12 mill on the midfield if we weren't prepared to also spend at least that much on a striker or two.

I couldn't tell you what's going on.. are the Americans the owners? what's the plans? what's our transfer kitty?.. it's a weird silence.. still early in the transfer window though.. what options is Guidolin looking at?

Who are the mysterious backers funding Levien, Kaplan and Donovan?

We're being run like the mafia, are the mafia funding us?.. Guidolin and his staff are Italians after all.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Thread on 17:49 - Jul 18 with 1883 viewsDaggyjack

Rubbish....in this ridiculously inflated transfer market, £12 million for a player that would enhance our squad would be great business.

Agreed that we need a quality striker or two as well but who says we won't pay £10 million on Haller or someone similar.

Come home Joey!!
Transfer Thread on 17:55 - Jul 18 with 1851 viewsshandyjack

2 CFs of decent quality,Joey and a RB and i'd be happy with this window

Poll: Expectation for the season

Transfer Thread on 18:02 - Jul 18 with 1819 viewsskippyjack

Transfer Thread on 17:49 - Jul 18 by Daggyjack

Rubbish....in this ridiculously inflated transfer market, £12 million for a player that would enhance our squad would be great business.

Agreed that we need a quality striker or two as well but who says we won't pay £10 million on Haller or someone similar.

Come home Joey!!

You genuinely think we'll make two signings worth 10 million+.. on top of the 6 million we have already spent?

Ki
Britton
Fer
Cork
Fulton

occupying 2 roles..

Gomis going..

that leaves us with McBurnie and a makeshift Ayew.

Transfer Thread on 18:14 - Jul 18 with 1775 viewsThornburyswan

N/A. on 17:26 - Jul 18 by Huw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 0:16]

Me too but Guidolin's first job is to get him to a decent barber to get a clean shave & a hair cut ;-)
Transfer Thread on 18:16 - Jul 18 with 1765 viewsGriffting

Transfer Thread on 18:14 - Jul 18 by Thornburyswan

Me too but Guidolin's first job is to get him to a decent barber to get a clean shave & a hair cut ;-)

That's where he keeps his footballing ability mun
Transfer Thread on 18:37 - Jul 18 with 1695 viewsshandyjack

Transfer Thread on 18:02 - Jul 18 by skippyjack

You genuinely think we'll make two signings worth 10 million+.. on top of the 6 million we have already spent?

Ki
Britton
Fer
Cork
Fulton

occupying 2 roles..

Gomis going..

that leaves us with McBurnie and a makeshift Ayew.

Ki will hopefully be sold for £5/6m, giving us half of the Allen fee back, Fer can cover Siggy also and Fulton will be seen as a back up to the back ups. It's a no brainer too me to sign up Allen

Transfer Thread on 18:39 - Jul 18 with 1684 viewsA_Fans_Dad

My concern with Joe is how much his game fell away as the last 6 Euro games panned out, both he and Bale faded as Ramsey & RK got better.
Transfer Thread on 18:41 - Jul 18 with 1666 viewsshandyjack

Transfer Thread on 18:39 - Jul 18 by A_Fans_Dad

My concern with Joe is how much his game fell away as the last 6 Euro games panned out, both he and Bale faded as Ramsey & RK got better.

Allen didn't have a great deal of starts last season, so starting 6 games within such a short period was always going to catch up with him. Not having Ramsey hindered him against Portugal. I think he'd be great for Siggy

Transfer Thread on 18:47 - Jul 18 with 1641 viewsJango

Transfer Thread on 18:39 - Jul 18 by A_Fans_Dad

He was voted in team of the tournament, I think you're being slightly harsh.
Transfer Thread on 18:48 - Jul 18 with 1634 viewsJango

Transfer Thread on 16:42 - Jul 18 by Tom1912

No, I don't think it was a good deal at the time-we should have got cash for Vorm and given Spurs didn't want Gylfi, we should have had cash as well as him for Davies.

However, Gylfi has been a massively important player for us the last two seasons and I don't think we've missed Davies (and certainly not Vorm) so it's not the worst deal we've ever done.

I'd say that we've definitely missed Davies. Taylor is nowhere as good
Transfer Thread on 19:02 - Jul 18 with 1575 viewsMuteswan

Transfer Thread on 18:48 - Jul 18 by Jango

I'd say that we've definitely missed Davies. Taylor is nowhere as good

Sky saying we've signed Aussie keeper. Sorry if already posted.
Mark Birighitti on 2 year deal.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2016 19:04]
Transfer Thread on 19:07 - Jul 18 with 1544 viewsBorojack

Leon cant go on forever would be the perfect signing.
Still need a couple of strikers quietly confident we will get them as well.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Transfer Thread on 19:09 - Jul 18 with 1517 viewsLeonisGod

Transfer Thread on 17:55 - Jul 18 by shandyjack

2 CFs of decent quality,Joey and a RB and i'd be happy with this window

I suspect we've already signed who we hope will be our future right back. And will stick with Rangel & Naughton this season.
Transfer Thread on 19:31 - Jul 18 with 1455 viewstomdickharry

Lets look at it another way if we don't sign Joe then we could see a few unhappy players who would want out.
Transfer Thread on 19:39 - Jul 18 with 1412 viewsblaine_scfc

Transfer Thread on 19:31 - Jul 18 by tomdickharry

Lets look at it another way if we don't sign Joe then we could see a few unhappy players who would want out.

Not just Joe, if we don't show ambition in this window and improve our starting XI, then our better players, Siggy, Ayew, Fab and maybe to a lesser extent Ash due to his age, will be looking to move on, completely fair enough aswell.

Still plenty of time in this window though, hopefully push some deals through in the next week or so.
Transfer Thread on 19:39 - Jul 18 with 1411 viewsskippyjack

Transfer Thread on 19:31 - Jul 18 by tomdickharry

12 million on Joe Allen?... you've all lost it.. He's a tidy player, but he's defensively weak, and has nose bleeds past the halfway line..

He presses and keeps the ball fairly well.. he's not worth 12 million!

6,7,8 million.. 8 million tops.. especially when we have 5 midfielders competing for 2 spots.

If we're looking for keep ballers and someone who presses.. go to La Liga.. Some cheaper options.

Transfer Thread on 19:48 - Jul 18 with 1369 viewsskippyjack

If we're looking to spend 12 million..

Benat Etxebarria
Asier Illarramendi
Marcelo Diaz
Ignacio Camacho

are much better options.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024