Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour about to collapse. 09:44 - Jun 26 with 19059 viewstrampie

Labour is on the verge of collapse both internally and amongst voters, apparently a third of people that voted Labour in the last General Election would now vote for other parties, people are also speculating that up to a half of the Labour shadow cabinet could resign.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Labour about to collapse. on 14:21 - Jun 28 with 1462 viewspikeypaul

Very happy to see Corbyn ruin the party beyond repair.

The fake £3 members must be thinking its the best money they ever spent getting the clown to head the party.
Labour will never be elected again that's for sure.
Its less than a week since Cameron and the Tories allowed us to brexit yet if there
was a general election on Thursday they would still win it.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Labour about to collapse. on 17:00 - Jun 28 with 1400 viewsClinton

Labour about to collapse. on 14:21 - Jun 28 by pikeypaul

Very happy to see Corbyn ruin the party beyond repair.

The fake £3 members must be thinking its the best money they ever spent getting the clown to head the party.
Labour will never be elected again that's for sure.
Its less than a week since Cameron and the Tories allowed us to brexit yet if there
was a general election on Thursday they would still win it.

The law of unintended consequences:
Step 1. Clever Tory smart-arse fake £3 members get Corbyn elected. What a jape, huzzah!
Step 2. Being an absolutely useless leader Corbyn fails to rouse the Labour Remain vote
Step 3. Leave wins it and Cameron gets the bullet. Not so clever now, eh?

Law of intended consequences.
Fake £3 members helping elect Corbyn have caused the deepest divisions in labour since the militant tendency. I agree that the party may never recover. But what replaces it ? Another go at forging a centre-left Liberal Democrat type party?

What a messy mess

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Labour about to collapse. on 17:14 - Jun 28 with 1383 viewsLohengrin

Labour about to collapse. on 17:00 - Jun 28 by Clinton

The law of unintended consequences:
Step 1. Clever Tory smart-arse fake £3 members get Corbyn elected. What a jape, huzzah!
Step 2. Being an absolutely useless leader Corbyn fails to rouse the Labour Remain vote
Step 3. Leave wins it and Cameron gets the bullet. Not so clever now, eh?

Law of intended consequences.
Fake £3 members helping elect Corbyn have caused the deepest divisions in labour since the militant tendency. I agree that the party may never recover. But what replaces it ? Another go at forging a centre-left Liberal Democrat type party?

What a messy mess

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Labour about to collapse. on 17:21 - Jun 28 with 1373 viewsjojaca

Even when you know, you never know?

Labour about to collapse. on 18:54 - Jun 28 with 1330 viewsjohnlangy

Labour about to collapse. on 14:31 - Jun 26 by A_Fans_Dad

Lisa, only half the story, most of which are Remain Headlines.
The ones calling for fast action are the Presidents of the EU and the Foreign Ministers of the 6 founding countries, not their Heads of State.
In fact Germany is not calling for it, in fact Merkel is calling for calm.
The person calling the removal of the Calais Camp is the Mayor of Calais, who has been calling for the same thing since it was created, so nothing new there then.
The UE heads are now calling for re-thinking of the direction the EU has been going in and actually listening to the peoples of Europe.

That last line is very important. There is plenty of dissent in other countries about current rules and they'd be incredibly stupid not to consider ways to adjust those original rules of membership. They are over 40 years old so are due for revising (i'm saying that presuming free movement of people, for example, has been there from the start

Am I right ?
Labour about to collapse. on 19:40 - Jun 28 with 1299 viewsWingstandwood

Labour about to collapse. on 18:54 - Jun 28 by johnlangy

That last line is very important. There is plenty of dissent in other countries about current rules and they'd be incredibly stupid not to consider ways to adjust those original rules of membership. They are over 40 years old so are due for revising (i'm saying that presuming free movement of people, for example, has been there from the start

Am I right ?

John may I ask you a question?.....A bit off subject maybe?....... but given your admirable effort to wake Labour and local electorate up by campaigning for this part of the world to be treated fairly/equally e.g. writing to SWEP etc.

Labour has relentlessly continued with regional partition of which one part is purposely ignored and left to rot whilst another is treated the total opposite and been given way above preferential treatment to prosper................. Do you think that is a major contributing factor to the mess Labour is now in bearing in mind the Brexit result map highlights that very regional partition you've written about?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2016 19:41]

Argus!

Labour about to collapse. on 22:31 - Jun 28 with 1251 viewsepaul

Interesting reading

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/06/28/truth-behind-labour-coup-really-began-manufac

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Labour about to collapse. on 23:58 - Jun 28 with 1211 viewsBytholWyn

Labour have been found out, simple as that. They have been found out in Scotland and now they have been found out in England in Wales. It doesn't matter how the current Corbyn in out fiasco pans out, Labour have lost all credibility. Why? Because they betrayed their core communities. They had 11 years to try and reverse the impact of Thatcherism on the post-industrial communities, such as those in the valleys and north-east England. What was needed then, as now, was a New Deal type solution, that prioritised infrastructure and training investment in the areas that needed it most. What we got instead was a splurge of spending in London and south-east England. This is illustrated perfectly by Gordon Brown's desperate gambit late in his tenure, of authorising £5 billion of Treasury funds (under the National Infrastructure Plan) for Crossrail - to buy the votes of Londoners. And yet here we are in Wales expected to pay for essential M4 improvements from borrowing...

Labour are completely in denial about their betrayal of their core communities, and long may that continue. The inchoate rage of areas such as Blaenau Gwent may be finding a perverse expression at this moment in time (given that about 3% of Blaenau Gwent's population is non-UK born and it is a net beneficiary of EU aid) - but in time it will transfer to a party that can properly represent its interests, unlike the populist joke that is UKIP. Whether or not Plaid Cymru can be that party depends on whether Leanne Wood does the honourable thing, and puts her party and her nation's interests first, and steps aside to allow a genuine political heavyweight take over, in Adam Price.
Login to get fewer ads

Labour about to collapse. on 00:09 - Jun 29 with 1202 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Labour about to collapse. on 22:31 - Jun 28 by epaul

Interesting reading

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/06/28/truth-behind-labour-coup-really-began-manufac

Campbell - what an utter scumbag he is.He was nearly crying with frustration earlier on TV after being reminded of the fact Corbyn was elected with a landslide majority against the moderate saps that Campbell favours.

It was he and Tony that destroyed labour, now they're tryng to destroy the man the membership (that is the REAL party) elected with an overwhelming mandate.

I hope he stands firm and purges his b*stastds (c John Major) out of the Labour party for good. The PLP have treacherously stabbed their boss repeatedly - and I hope when he's re elected he wastes no time in killing off the last remaining elements of the Blair era.

F*ck Campbell, Blair, Eagle, Bryant and any other Blairite scum. Reform the SDP you utter c*nts

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Labour about to collapse. on 00:22 - Jun 29 with 1185 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Labour about to collapse. on 00:09 - Jun 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Campbell - what an utter scumbag he is.He was nearly crying with frustration earlier on TV after being reminded of the fact Corbyn was elected with a landslide majority against the moderate saps that Campbell favours.

It was he and Tony that destroyed labour, now they're tryng to destroy the man the membership (that is the REAL party) elected with an overwhelming mandate.

I hope he stands firm and purges his b*stastds (c John Major) out of the Labour party for good. The PLP have treacherously stabbed their boss repeatedly - and I hope when he's re elected he wastes no time in killing off the last remaining elements of the Blair era.

F*ck Campbell, Blair, Eagle, Bryant and any other Blairite scum. Reform the SDP you utter c*nts

Have a massive up arrow Bryn !

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Labour about to collapse. on 03:59 - Jun 29 with 1153 viewsbonymine

Goodnight ! Sleep well butt !!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Labour about to collapse. on 06:33 - Jun 29 with 1135 viewswaynekerr55

Yes. I have to say the likes of him implying that us proles shouldn't try to argue against Europe and the fact that they signed us down the river in Lisbon without as much as informing us why has massively contributed to this.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Labour about to collapse. on 07:27 - Jun 29 with 1121 viewsepaul

Spot on Brynnie, interesting isn't it seeing as the Chilcot enquiry report is due, JC will be calling for Bliar to be tried for war crimes
[Post edited 29 Jun 2016 7:35]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Labour about to collapse. on 07:36 - Jun 29 with 1112 viewsyescomeon

Labour about to collapse. on 23:58 - Jun 28 by BytholWyn

Labour have been found out, simple as that. They have been found out in Scotland and now they have been found out in England in Wales. It doesn't matter how the current Corbyn in out fiasco pans out, Labour have lost all credibility. Why? Because they betrayed their core communities. They had 11 years to try and reverse the impact of Thatcherism on the post-industrial communities, such as those in the valleys and north-east England. What was needed then, as now, was a New Deal type solution, that prioritised infrastructure and training investment in the areas that needed it most. What we got instead was a splurge of spending in London and south-east England. This is illustrated perfectly by Gordon Brown's desperate gambit late in his tenure, of authorising £5 billion of Treasury funds (under the National Infrastructure Plan) for Crossrail - to buy the votes of Londoners. And yet here we are in Wales expected to pay for essential M4 improvements from borrowing...

Labour are completely in denial about their betrayal of their core communities, and long may that continue. The inchoate rage of areas such as Blaenau Gwent may be finding a perverse expression at this moment in time (given that about 3% of Blaenau Gwent's population is non-UK born and it is a net beneficiary of EU aid) - but in time it will transfer to a party that can properly represent its interests, unlike the populist joke that is UKIP. Whether or not Plaid Cymru can be that party depends on whether Leanne Wood does the honourable thing, and puts her party and her nation's interests first, and steps aside to allow a genuine political heavyweight take over, in Adam Price.

Superb post.

Upthecity!

Labour about to collapse. on 08:11 - Jun 29 with 1088 viewstrampie

Top post BytholWyn

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Labour about to collapse. on 08:21 - Jun 29 with 1075 viewsmonmouth

My first thought was that Corbyn should stand aside or he will kill the party. reflecting on it though, the party is dead anyway and so, yes, I agree with the new party bit. If 170 plus MPs don't support a leader overwhelmingly elected by the party on the process they set up (this was no close not...say 52-48...this was a clear mandate for Corbyn) then they need to do the honourable thing and leave, set up a new operation and put themselves up for election against a labour candidate. They can have whatever leader they like then, and in essence they turn the Corbyn faction into the new party with 40 seats.

Shame it's come to this when we need a strong antidote to the Nasty parties more than ever.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Labour about to collapse. on 08:41 - Jun 29 with 1063 viewsPegojack

Labour about to collapse. on 08:21 - Jun 29 by monmouth

My first thought was that Corbyn should stand aside or he will kill the party. reflecting on it though, the party is dead anyway and so, yes, I agree with the new party bit. If 170 plus MPs don't support a leader overwhelmingly elected by the party on the process they set up (this was no close not...say 52-48...this was a clear mandate for Corbyn) then they need to do the honourable thing and leave, set up a new operation and put themselves up for election against a labour candidate. They can have whatever leader they like then, and in essence they turn the Corbyn faction into the new party with 40 seats.

Shame it's come to this when we need a strong antidote to the Nasty parties more than ever.

I was thinking along those lines myself, particularly after hearing the news this morning that the Scot Nats have asked to be the official opposition in parliament.

Maybe there's scope for some kind of alliance, since the majority of the PLP is much closer politically to the SNP than it is to Corbyn's Labour.

Or go all the way and merge with them? I'd vote Scottish Nationalist if they fielded a candidate in Hereford in the forthcoming General Election!
Labour about to collapse. on 10:09 - Jun 29 with 1016 viewsWingstandwood

Argus!

Labour about to collapse. on 10:11 - Jun 29 with 1012 viewsWingstandwood

Argus!

Labour about to collapse. on 10:23 - Jun 29 with 999 viewsWingstandwood

The very Rhodri Morgan that decided a white elephant opera house (WAG cash approx approx £70 Million and rising) was priority over a desperately required cancer scanner in Singleton Hospital.

And remember folks!...... SW Wales regional cancer chief resigned in protest to protect his patients and to draw attention to a disgusting political travesty. Yeah that f#cking opera house in Cardiff Bay that nobody wanted and that had to be bailed (and is still being bailed) out because it was in serious debt and loses millions every year.

Quote Rhodri on the current Labour crisis?

He said: "What we've got at the moment is the guacamole sort of people not blending with the mushy peas people at all............. Mr quacamole has spoken!
[Post edited 29 Jun 2016 11:20]

Argus!

Labour about to collapse. on 16:22 - Jun 29 with 934 viewsJack_Meoff

From a neutral perspective It would seem TPTB desperately want a Noeliberal at the helm of Her Majesty's (controlled) Opposition, and they're not going to stop until they get one.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Labour about to collapse. on 16:26 - Jun 29 with 929 viewslondonlisa2001

Labour about to collapse. on 10:23 - Jun 29 by Wingstandwood

The very Rhodri Morgan that decided a white elephant opera house (WAG cash approx approx £70 Million and rising) was priority over a desperately required cancer scanner in Singleton Hospital.

And remember folks!...... SW Wales regional cancer chief resigned in protest to protect his patients and to draw attention to a disgusting political travesty. Yeah that f#cking opera house in Cardiff Bay that nobody wanted and that had to be bailed (and is still being bailed) out because it was in serious debt and loses millions every year.

Quote Rhodri on the current Labour crisis?

He said: "What we've got at the moment is the guacamole sort of people not blending with the mushy peas people at all............. Mr quacamole has spoken!
[Post edited 29 Jun 2016 11:20]

The opera house was still not built from the NHS budget however many times you compare it to a cancer scanner in Singleton or a car park at Morriston.
Labour about to collapse. on 16:41 - Jun 29 with 913 viewspikeypaul

Labour about to collapse. on 16:26 - Jun 29 by londonlisa2001

The opera house was still not built from the NHS budget however many times you compare it to a cancer scanner in Singleton or a car park at Morriston.

Well maybe the £70 million spunked on the opera house could have been diverted to the NHS.Or would that have been impossible? I genuinely do not know,just asking.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Labour about to collapse. on 16:46 - Jun 29 with 905 viewslondonlisa2001

Labour about to collapse. on 16:41 - Jun 29 by pikeypaul

Well maybe the £70 million spunked on the opera house could have been diverted to the NHS.Or would that have been impossible? I genuinely do not know,just asking.

You could divert every single penny to the NHS and it still wouldn't have everything it needs.

The Welsh government spends more per head on the NHS than any other part of the UK.

Looking for better use of that money would be a place to start, not the arts budget. Get rid of free prescriptions for the middle classes for one thing. I pay for prescriptions, why the hell should someone well off in Cardiff or The Vale not pay for theirs?
Labour about to collapse. on 16:58 - Jun 29 with 897 viewsWingstandwood

Labour about to collapse. on 16:41 - Jun 29 by pikeypaul

Common sense has never been her (or Labour Wag's) strong point and neither has compassion for the Swansea population that live away from her London bubble!

Hey!.... Get this pikeypaul!.......... Labour's Peter Law raised the very same opera house issue up in the WAG to Rhodri Morgan saying NHS services were of far more VITAL importance saying people don't want opera houses.............Ummm 2nd thoughts some people do (i.e. bubble enclosed loons) with the common sense levels of a gnat and will even come on places like this to defend the disgusting injustice and insanity of it all. Beggars belief don't it?

But you see they do people with common sense a favour because by their very existence they make people with common sense far superior!

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024