Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour about to collapse. 09:44 - Jun 26 with 19052 viewstrampie

Labour is on the verge of collapse both internally and amongst voters, apparently a third of people that voted Labour in the last General Election would now vote for other parties, people are also speculating that up to a half of the Labour shadow cabinet could resign.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Labour about to collapse. on 18:02 - Jun 26 with 1205 viewsWarwickHunt

Labour about to collapse. on 13:55 - Jun 26 by Lohengrin

Give it until tea time, Phil. It will just be Jezz and Diane in an otherwise empty room singing I Got You Babe.

Diane can't sing with her mouth full.
Labour about to collapse. on 18:04 - Jun 26 with 1198 viewsskippyjack

I'm sure it's all a 'resignation'.. Their extra EU funded bank balances have been cut off..

I'm not working for that wage.. when so and so is earning that much.

God.. you educated lot are a precious bunch ain't you..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Labour about to collapse. on 18:05 - Jun 26 with 1187 viewsswanjackal

Labour about to collapse. on 18:02 - Jun 26 by WarwickHunt

Finbarr Saunders just exploded. :p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Labour about to collapse. on 18:06 - Jun 26 with 1180 viewsexiledclaseboy

Labour about to collapse. on 18:04 - Jun 26 by skippyjack

I'm sure it's all a 'resignation'.. Their extra EU funded bank balances have been cut off..

I'm not working for that wage.. when so and so is earning that much.

God.. you educated lot are a precious bunch ain't you..

What money does the EU pay members of the U.K. Opposition then, Skipster?

Poll: Tory leader

Labour about to collapse. on 18:08 - Jun 26 with 1164 viewswaynekerr55

Labour about to collapse. on 17:35 - Jun 26 by exiledclaseboy

Ive no idea but your obsession with Diane Abbot is a little weird. Yes, we know you hate her and yes we know why. No need to tell us all again.

Well I've been pining for something to rant ad hominem over since the loss of Oscar Garcia...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Labour about to collapse. on 18:08 - Jun 26 with 1164 viewsskippyjack

Labour about to collapse. on 18:06 - Jun 26 by exiledclaseboy

What money does the EU pay members of the U.K. Opposition then, Skipster?

Property mainly.. especially the rent free Villa's around Europe.. to relax and be stress free.. For doing nothing but state they're experts.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Labour about to collapse. on 18:08 - Jun 26 with 1160 viewsmonmouth

Labour about to collapse. on 18:02 - Jun 26 by WarwickHunt

Full? Wow.

My inner Benny Hill just typed that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Labour about to collapse. on 18:09 - Jun 26 with 1158 viewsexiledclaseboy

Labour about to collapse. on 18:08 - Jun 26 by skippyjack

Property mainly.. especially the rent free Villa's around Europe.. to relax and be stress free.. For doing nothing but state they're experts.

Oh right. You do realise none of that is actually true, don't you?

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Labour about to collapse. on 18:10 - Jun 26 with 1150 viewsskippyjack

Labour about to collapse. on 18:09 - Jun 26 by exiledclaseboy

Oh right. You do realise none of that is actually true, don't you?

And pigs fly.

Labour about to collapse. on 18:11 - Jun 26 with 1147 viewsWarwickHunt

Labour about to collapse. on 18:08 - Jun 26 by monmouth

Full? Wow.

My inner Benny Hill just typed that.

Aye - I doubt if Ron Jeremy could fill her mighty gob.

Sloppy post (fnarr).
Labour about to collapse. on 18:12 - Jun 26 with 1137 viewsPrivate_Partz

Labour about to collapse. on 17:59 - Jun 26 by LeonisGod

We make some components, but essentially bolt cars together so rely on movement of products in the single market. I've only spoken to one person who works in the sector and his company is very disappointed in the result.

I am no expert on the subject but I am wondering how all this will affect Port Talbot as obviously steel is a major component in car manufacturing. When I was in procurement all large contracts above a certain value were officially advertised in the European Journal so EU companies had first bite of the cherry.
Surely now potential markets within the EU will become no go areas. I have concerns as to how this ham stringing will affect any possible takeover or Tata staying on as a result of the improved steel environment pre referendum.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Labour about to collapse. on 18:13 - Jun 26 with 1127 viewslondonlisa2001

Labour about to collapse. on 17:46 - Jun 26 by A_Fans_Dad

I am getting fed up with your lies and exaggerations.

In 2013 more than 1.5 million cars and more than 2.5 million engines were produced in the UK according to the SMMT.

Morgan Motor Company Ltd » (Aero, 4/4, Plus 4, Plus 8, Roadster, 4 seater, 3 wheeler)
Caterham Cars Ltd » (Seven)

Mclaren Automotive » (MP4-12C and P1)
Made in Britain

MINI — build the MINI, MINI Clubman, Coupe and Roadster in Cowley, Oxford, but are owned by BMW in Germany.

Honda build the Civic, CRV and Jazz(from autumn 2009) in Swindon.

Toyota build the Auris and Avensis in Derbyshire.

Nissan build the Juke, Qashqai, Note and LEAF in Sunderland.

Lotus in Norfolk are Malaysian owned and build the Elise, EWvora and Exige

Aston Martin in Gaydon, Warwickshire build the DB9, Rapide, Virage, DBS and one-77 and are owned by two Kuwaiti companies — Investment Dar and Adeem Investments.

Bentley Motors in Crewe (owned by Volkswagen) builds the Continental, Flying Spur and Mulsanne

Rolls Royce builds the Ghost, Phantom and Wraith in Goodwood and is owned by BMW.

Jaguar/Land Rover cars (F-type, XJ, XF, XK, Defender, Discovery, Evoque, Freelander, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport) are built in the West Midlands and Liverpool but owned by Tata Motor Company of India.

MG Motors build the MG3 and MG6 at Longbridge, Birmingham — owned by SAIC of China.

Vauxhall Motors are part of General Motors and build Astras at Ellesmere Port and the Vivaro van in Luton

Now let's take our number one imported manufacturer Ford Motor Co, who I used to work for.
Practically every Ford Engine for the whole of Europe is made in the UK, no trade with the EU, no Ford cars or Vans can be made in Europe.

Then of course there is the rest of the world that export cars here which will become cheaper without EU tariffs
Japan
Korea
USA
Tawain

Practically all of the Manufacturers from here or from those countries have vehicles that can replace anything coming out of Germany or France.

Do you by any chance drive a German car?

I don't give a flying what you are getting fed up with to be frank.

The companies that you have named may manufacture in the UK but we don't build British cars here.

I was (and continue to) ignoring Morgan and Mclaren as they don't really fit the description of ordinary cars do they.

On the subject of the MINI by the way - the MINI hatch is manufactured in Cowley but also in the Netherlands now and the Coupe and Roadster have been discontinued. BMW have said 'no immediate change' which is hardly a ringing endorsement. They have said they won't speculate until trade discussions are finalised.

It may also interest you to know that Nissan when asked about the future of Sunderland said 'no comment' and is taking legal action against Vote Leave at the moment.

Ford on Friday said they may cut UK jobs following the vote. The words used were 'we would expect that the combination of a softer industry and a weaker sterling would have an adverse impact on our operations in the long term'.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2016 18:17]
Labour about to collapse. on 18:24 - Jun 26 with 1098 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Labour about to collapse. on 17:58 - Jun 26 by monmouth

You think people are going to stop choosing to buy German cars in favour of hose you have listed? Honestly? 27% of new car sales in Q1 2016 were German. 16% Other EU. So 43% of UK car owners will change brands?

So you think they won't join the other 57% when their cars get cheaper and EU cars get more expensive?
Will they have a choice if no trade deal is done?

Just what will the EU do with those thousands of cars?

What will Fords do when they can't make any cars and vans at all?
What will Airbus do when they cannot fullfill their current contracts because they do not have any wings to build with, I am sure there are some pretty big penalty clauses built in there?
What will the farmers of France, Spain and Portugal do with all of it's Fruit and Veg rotting while they wait for a trade deal?
You seem to forget that most of that fruit & veg can be bought cheaper from the African Nations, take a look in your supermarkets to see that.
You seem to think that this is all one sided, but then again like Lisa you would.
Labour about to collapse. on 18:30 - Jun 26 with 1088 viewsGroo

Labour about to collapse. on 17:58 - Jun 26 by monmouth

You think people are going to stop choosing to buy German cars in favour of hose you have listed? Honestly? 27% of new car sales in Q1 2016 were German. 16% Other EU. So 43% of UK car owners will change brands?

There's a good reason why Germany will relax its stance

Groo does what Groo does best

Labour about to collapse. on 18:32 - Jun 26 with 1079 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Labour about to collapse. on 18:12 - Jun 26 by Private_Partz

I am no expert on the subject but I am wondering how all this will affect Port Talbot as obviously steel is a major component in car manufacturing. When I was in procurement all large contracts above a certain value were officially advertised in the European Journal so EU companies had first bite of the cherry.
Surely now potential markets within the EU will become no go areas. I have concerns as to how this ham stringing will affect any possible takeover or Tata staying on as a result of the improved steel environment pre referendum.

Perhaps I can help you there, they will get their steel from where they currently get it most of it, TATA in the Netherlands.
Which has been getting the majority of Investment ever since the Corus group was formed and the headquarters moved to there.
The only time Port Talbot get a look in is when Ijmuiden Works cannot produce enough or they have quality issues.
Some of the Port Talbot Steel is exported to the USA as they love the quality of the Tin Plate from Trostre.
Labour about to collapse. on 18:36 - Jun 26 with 1069 viewslondonlisa2001

Labour about to collapse. on 18:24 - Jun 26 by A_Fans_Dad

So you think they won't join the other 57% when their cars get cheaper and EU cars get more expensive?

What will Airbus do when they cannot fullfill their current contracts because they do not have any wings to build with, I am sure there are some pretty big penalty clauses built in there?
What will the farmers of France, Spain and Portugal do with all of it's Fruit and Veg rotting while they wait for a trade deal?
You seem to forget that most of that fruit & veg can be bought cheaper from the African Nations, take a look in your supermarkets to see that.
You seem to think that this is all one sided, but then again like Lisa you would.

What do you mean 'if no trade deal is done'.

You seem to think we have to do a trade deal for us to trade with them or them to trade with us and if we don't, they'll have a bunch of cars rusting away.
Labour about to collapse. on 18:41 - Jun 26 with 1054 viewsLeonisGod

Labour about to collapse. on 18:12 - Jun 26 by Private_Partz

Yeah I don't know either. I did hear someone from the WG earlier saying that the new bidders for Tata were thinking of pulling out. That could just be them trying to argue for a better deal though, so who knows.

Remain could maybe have pushed this more in their campaigning in Wales maybe.
Labour about to collapse. on 18:47 - Jun 26 with 1033 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Labour about to collapse. on 18:36 - Jun 26 by londonlisa2001

What do you mean 'if no trade deal is done'.

You seem to think we have to do a trade deal for us to trade with them or them to trade with us and if we don't, they'll have a bunch of cars rusting away.

What we can trade without a trade deal, well why didn't you say so before?

But according to you remainers it is all academic anyway as all us Brits will be far too poor to be able to afford new cars.
Labour about to collapse. on 18:55 - Jun 26 with 1010 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Here is a thought, how about we remove the VAT from all UK made cars and leave it on the Imported ones.
After all VAT is an EU tax.
Labour about to collapse. on 18:57 - Jun 26 with 1007 viewslondonlisa2001

Labour about to collapse. on 18:47 - Jun 26 by A_Fans_Dad

What we can trade without a trade deal, well why didn't you say so before?

But according to you remainers it is all academic anyway as all us Brits will be far too poor to be able to afford new cars.

Of course we can - automatic tariffs will apply. It'll just be more expensive which I've said all along.
Labour about to collapse. on 18:57 - Jun 26 with 1004 viewsmonmouth

Labour about to collapse. on 18:24 - Jun 26 by A_Fans_Dad

I don't think it's one sided at all. I think if both sides could genuinely negotiate from a fresh piece of paper the outcome might well be more collaborative. That is blatantly not the situation though.

That's why I do think that this view that they need us so much more than we need them that they will offer concessions, and not screw us to the floor in negotiations is at best misguided, at worst deluded. They simply have no option if they wish to maintain their cherished European project, and yes of course people will still prefer to buy German cars, there's plenty of room in the fat margins to make them price competitive on exchange rate fluctuation. If we try and tariff them punitively we'll be tariffed out of export existence and all those foreign car makers you quoted (they are NOT british) will pretty soon clear off and manufacture in europe. You seem to have pigeonhole me as a cheerleader for the EU, which I am most certainly not. You stay in your little bubble though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Labour about to collapse. on 19:31 - Jun 26 with 940 viewsGlyn1

Labour about to collapse. on 10:32 - Jun 26 by Wingstandwood

Sadly Trampie Labour turned into The Conservative Party Mk 2 e.g Norman Tebbit wanna-be Emily Thornberry A.K.A 'Tory Girl' with her 'shit-under-her-shoe' disgust towards working class people...... The North South divide remained under Blair and Brown and to make it even worse?....... A SW Wales - SE Wales divide was created by Welsh Labour..........Labour the party of Thatcherite regional partition.

Sadly there are very few caring conviction types left in the Labour party now because its stuffed full of career-politicians. I can't remember who it was but was it you whom referred to Labour as the Red Tories? I use that term also!
[Post edited 26 Jun 2016 10:33]

Eh? You do know that Emily Thornberry is from a working class family who grew up in a council house and that her brother is a lorry driver?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Labour about to collapse. on 19:42 - Jun 26 with 918 viewsWingstandwood

Labour about to collapse. on 19:31 - Jun 26 by Glyn1

Eh? You do know that Emily Thornberry is from a working class family who grew up in a council house and that her brother is a lorry driver?

Have you ever heard of the much used term 'forgets where he/she came from' ? I have an aunt whom is exactly the same and who thinks working class people people are absolute sh#t under her shoe despite being working class for the her entire schooling years.

And yes I was fully aware of Emily Thornberry's upbringing which makes her attitude even more sickening.

Argus!

Labour about to collapse. on 19:47 - Jun 26 with 905 viewsWarwickHunt

Labour about to collapse. on 19:31 - Jun 26 by Glyn1

The same Emily Thornberry who sneered at "white van man" in Rochester?
Labour about to collapse. on 19:49 - Jun 26 with 896 viewstrampie

Labour about to collapse. on 10:32 - Jun 26 by Wingstandwood

Sadly Trampie Labour turned into The Conservative Party Mk 2 e.g Norman Tebbit wanna-be Emily Thornberry A.K.A 'Tory Girl' with her 'shit-under-her-shoe' disgust towards working class people...... The North South divide remained under Blair and Brown and to make it even worse?....... A SW Wales - SE Wales divide was created by Welsh Labour..........Labour the party of Thatcherite regional partition.

Sadly there are very few caring conviction types left in the Labour party now because its stuffed full of career-politicians. I can't remember who it was but was it you whom referred to Labour as the Red Tories? I use that term also!
[Post edited 26 Jun 2016 10:33]

Good post Wingstandwood, you are bang on the money again.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024