Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour about to collapse. 09:44 - Jun 26 with 19086 viewstrampie

Labour is on the verge of collapse both internally and amongst voters, apparently a third of people that voted Labour in the last General Election would now vote for other parties, people are also speculating that up to a half of the Labour shadow cabinet could resign.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Labour about to collapse. on 22:20 - Jun 26 with 1303 viewslifelong

Labour about to collapse. on 22:02 - Jun 26 by perchrockjack

I would have loved to have stayed in my home town. Domestic and family issues led me here and I'm very very grateful to live where I do in a lovely peninsular.

I find it pretty offensive myself to see emigres getting abuse. It's as if one isn't allowed to cross the tawe.

I didn't really think Swansea people were petty ,vindictive inward looking people consumed with a warped inverted snobbery.

Some return home to live, most ,like me, would die before that.

This country is class divided.

Why wasn't my question regarding classifying of class answered.

Plenty of abuse from tramp, killer and bigphil but no answers., so how..

How

Bloody hell Perchie, what is the matter with you? your posts are so full of venom and hate, very sad.
Labour about to collapse. on 22:21 - Jun 26 with 1298 viewsHighjack

Labour about to collapse. on 22:20 - Jun 26 by lifelong

Bloody hell Perchie, what is the matter with you? your posts are so full of venom and hate, very sad.

I think he's vetspokebood too many anyskybs lately.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Labour about to collapse. on 22:25 - Jun 26 with 1269 viewsPhil_S

Jeremy Corbyn has said he will not step down as Labour leader, adding he will not "betray the trust" of those who elected him.

In a statement released after 11 frontbenchers quit in a coup aimed at ousting the Labour leader, Mr Corbyn said any challengers to his leadership "will have to stand in a democratic election, in which I will be a candidate".

Labour was plunged into a civil war after Mr Corbyn sacked shadow foreign secretary Hilary Benn on learning he had apparently been planning his downfall.

The statement added: "I was elected by hundreds of thousands of Labour Party members and supporters with an overwhelming mandate for a different kind of politics.

"I regret there have been resignations today from my shadow cabinet.

“But I am not going to betray the trust of those who voted for me - or the millions of supporters across the country who need Labour to represent them.

"Those who want to change Labour's leadership will have to stand in a democratic election, in which I will be a candidate.

"Over the next 24 hours I will reshape my shadow cabinet and announce a new leadership team to take forward Labour's campaign for a fairer Britain - and to get the best deal with Europe for our people."

Shadow Commons leader Chris Bryant was the latest frontbencher to quit tonight, saying: "We need someone new to unite and lead Labour."

Shadow health secretary Heidi Alexander was the first to resign, telling Mr Corbyn in a letter: "I do not believe you have the capacity to shape the answers our country is demanding."

She was followed just hours later by shadow children's minister Gloria de Piero, Scottish secretary Ian Murray, shadow transport secretary Lilian Greenwood and shadow education secretary Lucy Powell.

They were followed swiftly by shadow environment secretary Kerry McCarthy and shadow chief secretary to the Treasury Seema Malhotra.
Labour about to collapse. on 22:29 - Jun 26 with 1241 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

As long as Corbyn can find enough MPs to serve in his cabinet then he can come out of this smelling of roses in some ways. It has been mooted for a while that his team have been looking for an opportunity to purge the ranks of moderates, and, with today's resignations, his opponents have offered up on a plate for free what he would have had to pay a high political price for....a self-purge if you will...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Labour about to collapse. on 22:33 - Jun 26 with 1217 viewsWatchman

Labour about to collapse. on 16:02 - Jun 26 by Clinton

There were two possible outcomes from the referendum. It's shocking that there wasn't a plan of action for one of the two options.
In the event of voting the leave, you'd have thought that the government of UK would have put on the back of a fag packet:-
The date to trigger article 50
The optimum trade deal to go for
Etc.
They haven't, it's almost criminal. When I was at work, if I got a project to this point and didn't have a plan for one of the two possible outcomes, I'd have been hung by the neck, or worse.
That the government of the fifth or sixth biggest world economy hasn't got a timetable for Brexit, having called the referendum, is mind boggling ineptitude.

Because Govt, MInisters, bankers, the elites were all complacent , they thought that the good ol moaning Brits when it came to it would say Remain and it would just pass by . AS soon as the PM and the Chancellor started threatening plague and pestilence the writing was on the wall and then to get Obama to passive aggressively threaten the electorate during it all was the icing on the cake and many just said do you know what fugh it had enough of the lies, the crapola, threats, bullying
millions have nothing now and so they were asked to vote for more of the same and they said nope!
The craziest democratic leap into the dark there has ever been

For me personally I think we will see a general election before Article 50 would be invoked
The two main parties are incapable of governing a country that is at this time ungovernable. There is not a single politician out there with the sheer talent to pull it off, that is why they have gone quiet they simple have no idea what to do

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Labour about to collapse. on 22:33 - Jun 26 with 1207 viewsDarran

Labour about to collapse. on 22:25 - Jun 26 by Phil_S

Jeremy Corbyn has said he will not step down as Labour leader, adding he will not "betray the trust" of those who elected him.

In a statement released after 11 frontbenchers quit in a coup aimed at ousting the Labour leader, Mr Corbyn said any challengers to his leadership "will have to stand in a democratic election, in which I will be a candidate".

Labour was plunged into a civil war after Mr Corbyn sacked shadow foreign secretary Hilary Benn on learning he had apparently been planning his downfall.

The statement added: "I was elected by hundreds of thousands of Labour Party members and supporters with an overwhelming mandate for a different kind of politics.

"I regret there have been resignations today from my shadow cabinet.

“But I am not going to betray the trust of those who voted for me - or the millions of supporters across the country who need Labour to represent them.

"Those who want to change Labour's leadership will have to stand in a democratic election, in which I will be a candidate.

"Over the next 24 hours I will reshape my shadow cabinet and announce a new leadership team to take forward Labour's campaign for a fairer Britain - and to get the best deal with Europe for our people."

Shadow Commons leader Chris Bryant was the latest frontbencher to quit tonight, saying: "We need someone new to unite and lead Labour."

Shadow health secretary Heidi Alexander was the first to resign, telling Mr Corbyn in a letter: "I do not believe you have the capacity to shape the answers our country is demanding."

She was followed just hours later by shadow children's minister Gloria de Piero, Scottish secretary Ian Murray, shadow transport secretary Lilian Greenwood and shadow education secretary Lucy Powell.

They were followed swiftly by shadow environment secretary Kerry McCarthy and shadow chief secretary to the Treasury Seema Malhotra.

The only reason he's there is because of stupid left wing c*nts that joined the Labour Party just to vote him in.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Labour about to collapse. on 22:35 - Jun 26 with 1197 viewsWarwickHunt

Labour about to collapse. on 22:29 - Jun 26 by FearOfAJackPlanet

As long as Corbyn can find enough MPs to serve in his cabinet then he can come out of this smelling of roses in some ways. It has been mooted for a while that his team have been looking for an opportunity to purge the ranks of moderates, and, with today's resignations, his opponents have offered up on a plate for free what he would have had to pay a high political price for....a self-purge if you will...

Aye - that'll work.
Labour about to collapse. on 22:39 - Jun 26 with 1174 viewsDarran

Labour about to collapse. on 22:35 - Jun 26 by WarwickHunt

Aye - that'll work.

Nick Cusack all over.

Login to get fewer ads

Labour about to collapse. on 22:39 - Jun 26 with 1179 viewsWarwickHunt

Labour about to collapse. on 22:33 - Jun 26 by Darran

The only reason he's there is because of stupid left wing c*nts that joined the Labour Party just to vote him in.

Not to mention the Tory Telegraph and Mail readers who paid £3 (thanks Ed - you utter f*cking dolt) to vote in an unelectable Labour leader.
Labour about to collapse. on 22:40 - Jun 26 with 1162 viewsDarran

Labour about to collapse. on 22:39 - Jun 26 by WarwickHunt

Not to mention the Tory Telegraph and Mail readers who paid £3 (thanks Ed - you utter f*cking dolt) to vote in an unelectable Labour leader.

100% Philip spot f*cking on.

Labour about to collapse. on 22:41 - Jun 26 with 1159 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Labour about to collapse. on 22:35 - Jun 26 by WarwickHunt

Aye - that'll work.

He thinks it will though, the cwazy bugger.

There's a mini-documentary on VICE that followed Corbyn around for a while, and in it he states with relish that he isn't like any normal party leader, and, with a cheeky smile, says that some in his party have yet to realise that, i.e. that traditional machinations won't work with him...i.e. mass resignations from the shadow cabinet, to bring things up to date...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Labour about to collapse. on 22:42 - Jun 26 with 1158 viewsperchrockjack

So, those who voted to leave and hammering those who did not are now effectively agreeing with the daily mail. What about that
Lifey.

Venom, hate?

Nah ,son, it's called dread

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Labour about to collapse. on 22:46 - Jun 26 with 1142 viewsDarran

Labour about to collapse. on 22:42 - Jun 26 by perchrockjack

So, those who voted to leave and hammering those who did not are now effectively agreeing with the daily mail. What about that
Lifey.

Venom, hate?

Nah ,son, it's called dread

What does your wife and kids think about it Mate?

Labour about to collapse. on 22:59 - Jun 26 with 1114 viewssherpajacob

Labour about to collapse. on 22:14 - Jun 26 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Owain Glyndwr left Wales for London to further his career.

Just sayin...

And Ben Davies

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Labour about to collapse. on 23:00 - Jun 26 with 1109 viewsWarwickHunt

Labour about to collapse. on 22:41 - Jun 26 by FearOfAJackPlanet

He thinks it will though, the cwazy bugger.

There's a mini-documentary on VICE that followed Corbyn around for a while, and in it he states with relish that he isn't like any normal party leader, and, with a cheeky smile, says that some in his party have yet to realise that, i.e. that traditional machinations won't work with him...i.e. mass resignations from the shadow cabinet, to bring things up to date...

I wouldn't be surprised if the loon actually believed it.

However, he's toast. About f*cking time too.
Labour about to collapse. on 23:03 - Jun 26 with 1103 viewsepaul

Labour about to collapse. on 21:31 - Jun 26 by Brynmill_Jack

The majority of the remainers are those on here who turned their backs on their own country. To earn the "coin" in that London. Out of touch with their roots, that's what they are.

Blimey brynnie didnt expect that of you, if chasing the coin means turning my back on my country then guilty as charged, however all I wanted to do was give my kids the best upbringing I could possibly do and I had an opportunity, bad me, I love my country and am proud to be welsh didnt turn my back on it

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Labour about to collapse. on 23:14 - Jun 26 with 1067 viewsDarran

Labour about to collapse. on 23:03 - Jun 26 by epaul

Blimey brynnie didnt expect that of you, if chasing the coin means turning my back on my country then guilty as charged, however all I wanted to do was give my kids the best upbringing I could possibly do and I had an opportunity, bad me, I love my country and am proud to be welsh didnt turn my back on it

Set fire to your holiday home in protest Paul.

Labour about to collapse. on 00:39 - Jun 27 with 1007 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Labour about to collapse. on 22:04 - Jun 26 by londonlisa2001

Sadly, lifelong, having read some comments on here in the past few days, I really don't think he was.

Oh I was. Believe me. But that's not to day that London as a political entity IS way out of step with the rest of the country.

I'd live in London if I had field. There's f*ck all left here. Which of course is another element/dimension to the whole brexiters debate. Oh, I sounded a bit like Skip there.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Labour about to collapse. on 00:42 - Jun 27 with 1004 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Labour about to collapse. on 21:27 - Jun 26 by exiledclaseboy

Chris Bryant becomes number 12 to depart the shadow cabinet.

Now there's a f*cking surprise. It's not like he's opportunistic or owt either. Corbyn will resign, stand and again win by a landslide.

Labour about to collapse. on 00:50 - Jun 27 with 998 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Labour about to collapse. on 23:03 - Jun 26 by epaul

To be fair Paul that was a joke. It's been done on here many times before, usually to uxbridge. What I don't understand is a left winger calling other left wingers racists or loons for wanting to leave the EU and the tide of mass privitasation coming via Brussels courtesy of TTIP.
Or is there something I'm clearly not understanding??

Labour about to collapse. on 02:33 - Jun 27 with 980 viewsHumpty

Labour about to collapse. on 13:23 - Jun 26 by Phil_S

Only in it from what I can get out of it to be honest

Well that and answering questions that people can then repeat elsewhere with a different answer completely

Mad isn't it? I spend most of my time here arguing with people who are very upset about something I didn't say!

F*cking mad.
Labour about to collapse. on 06:44 - Jun 27 with 946 viewsepaul

Labour about to collapse. on 00:50 - Jun 27 by Brynmill_Jack

To be fair Paul that was a joke. It's been done on here many times before, usually to uxbridge. What I don't understand is a left winger calling other left wingers racists or loons for wanting to leave the EU and the tide of mass privitasation coming via Brussels courtesy of TTIP.

Ah fair enough, I for one haven't called other lefty racist for wanting to leave and yes of course a lot of people voted out for reasons other than immigration, however rest assure all racist voted leave because of immigration

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Labour about to collapse. on 07:04 - Jun 27 with 930 viewswaynekerr55

Labour about to collapse. on 21:44 - Jun 26 by exiledclaseboy

Last sentence of the penultimate paragraph is a stinger.

Well there's an opening for Diane Abbot's children to join the ranks. They're privately educated so they'll fit right in... (Sorry Clasey that was a tap in)

On a serious note this is just classless. Why publish the letter?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 9:26]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Labour about to collapse. on 09:01 - Jun 27 with 874 viewsnice_to_michu

Labour about to collapse. on 07:04 - Jun 27 by waynekerr55

Well there's an opening for Diane Abbot's children to join the ranks. They're privately educated so they'll fit right in... (Sorry Clasey that was a tap in)

On a serious note this is just classless. Why publish the letter?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 9:26]

I agree that the shadow cabinet have acted appallingly over the last 24 hours.
Labour about to collapse. on 10:17 - Jun 27 with 830 viewsmonmouth

Labour about to collapse. on 00:50 - Jun 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Tory Boy UK was the biggest cheerleader for TTIP wasn't it? It was the others that kicked it into the long grass? I'd expect the most aggressive form of TTIP to form any trade agreement we make separately with the Yanks, being as they have us on our knees lubed up without the support of the EU.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024