Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking at Liberty 20:35 - Jul 7 with 3810 viewsDafyddHuw

If you, like me, have trouble parking on match days - on Swansea Council website you can buy a parking ticket for the season (all home league matches only) to park at Landore park & ride overspill. Guaranteed parking for matchday, and if there's 4 of you that's only £25 parking for season.

Go to Swansea Council website and search for Liberty parking £99. Available from today.

No need to thank me.
Parking at Liberty on 20:36 - Jul 7 with 2688 viewsJackfath

I'll save £99 and park in b and q.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Parking at Liberty on 20:37 - Jul 7 with 2678 viewsDafyddHuw

Parking at Liberty on 20:36 - Jul 7 by Jackfath

I'll save £99 and park in b and q.

I;ve done that and been booked, Fath. But your call.
Parking at Liberty on 20:38 - Jul 7 with 2672 viewsJackfath

Parking at Liberty on 20:37 - Jul 7 by DafyddHuw

I;ve done that and been booked, Fath. But your call.

Did you pay?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Parking at Liberty on 20:41 - Jul 7 with 2655 viewsDafyddHuw

Yes I did. And it's no longer enough to say you weren't driving and you can't remember who was driving.
The owner of the car gets the ticket now - no questions asked.
Parking at Liberty on 20:42 - Jul 7 with 2646 viewsJackfath

Parking at Liberty on 20:41 - Jul 7 by DafyddHuw

Yes I did. And it's no longer enough to say you weren't driving and you can't remember who was driving.

Parking at Liberty on 20:46 - Jul 7 with 2629 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking at Liberty on 20:41 - Jul 7 by DafyddHuw

Still no need to pay it. The charge is an empty threat.

Poll: Tory leader

Parking at Liberty on 20:49 - Jul 7 with 2611 viewsPhil_S

For anyone parking in the park and ride overspill I would go for a drink somewhere first after the game for half an hour at least unless sitting in traffic is your thing

Unless of course you want to leave early....
Parking at Liberty on 20:57 - Jul 7 with 2583 viewsWxmJax

Parking at Liberty on 20:49 - Jul 7 by Phil_S

For anyone parking in the park and ride overspill I would go for a drink somewhere first after the game for half an hour at least unless sitting in traffic is your thing

Goes without saying that the driver will be drinking a soft drink.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Login to get fewer ads

Parking at Liberty on 20:59 - Jul 7 with 2572 viewsDafyddHuw

Parking at Liberty on 20:46 - Jul 7 by exiledclaseboy

It's not like. Law'sbeen tightened up a lot and now much easier to prosecute.Morrison's, B&Q will go after you if you piss them off. Anyway, whatever.
Parking at Liberty on 21:01 - Jul 7 with 2553 viewsshandyjack

Plenty of parking around for free

Poll: Expectation for the season

Parking at Liberty on 21:02 - Jul 7 with 2545 viewsPhil_S

Parking at Liberty on 20:57 - Jul 7 by WxmJax

Goes without saying that the driver will be drinking a soft drink.

Definitely
Parking at Liberty on 21:03 - Jul 7 with 2537 viewsJack_Meoff

Parking at Liberty on 20:46 - Jul 7 by exiledclaseboy

Isn't the DVLA a government agency? Why is it providing information (for payment I presume) to private companies? Genuinely curious, particularly when they know what's done with the information.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Parking at Liberty on 21:06 - Jul 7 with 2511 viewsDafyddHuw

Parking at Liberty on 21:03 - Jul 7 by Jack_Meoff

Isn't the DVLA a government agency? Why is it providing information (for payment I presume) to private companies? Genuinely curious, particularly when they know what's done with the information.

Cos they get paid to provide it.
Parking at Liberty on 21:08 - Jul 7 with 2504 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking at Liberty on 21:06 - Jul 7 by DafyddHuw

Cos they get paid to provide it.

Not for profit. Costs covered only.

Parking at Liberty on 21:11 - Jul 7 with 2488 viewsmorningstar

Parking at Liberty on 20:59 - Jul 7 by DafyddHuw

It's not like. Law'sbeen tightened up a lot and now much easier to prosecute.Morrison's, B&Q will go after you if you piss them off. Anyway, whatever.

So you're saying that people can now be prosecuted by private companies for parking their cars in a car park?

Can you show us all some evidence/links for this 'change in the law'?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Parking at Liberty on 21:15 - Jul 7 with 2475 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking at Liberty on 21:11 - Jul 7 by morningstar

So you're saying that people can now be prosecuted by private companies for parking their cars in a car park?

Can you show us all some evidence/links for this 'change in the law'?

There has been a change in the law that allows parking companies to charge the keeper of the vehicle if they don't provide details of the driver. Previously it had to be the driver. But there'll be no prosecution because no criminal laws have been broken. The parking company can initiate civil proceedings but they probably won't. They just rely on people paying up. It's a hell of a business model.

Parking at Liberty on 21:20 - Jul 7 with 2449 viewsNeathJack

Just buy a house opposite the stadium like I did
Parking at Liberty on 21:20 - Jul 7 with 2447 viewsstevethejack

Parking at Liberty on 20:49 - Jul 7 by Phil_S

Jackfath leaves early every game.
Parking at Liberty on 21:22 - Jul 7 with 2440 viewsmorningstar

Parking at Liberty on 21:15 - Jul 7 by exiledclaseboy

There has been a change in the law that allows parking companies to charge the keeper of the vehicle if they don't provide details of the driver. Previously it had to be the driver. But there'll be no prosecution because no criminal laws have been broken. The parking company can initiate civil proceedings but they probably won't. They just rely on people paying up. It's a hell of a business model.

Yes i suppose it is a great model. Especially when they are dealing with generous/naive people like Dafydd! Though i'd guess there are plenty around!

Parking at Liberty on 21:29 - Jul 7 with 2414 viewsmorningstar

Parking at Liberty on 21:20 - Jul 7 by stevethejack

Jackfath leaves early every game.

Hush mun! That's one of planetswans best kept secrets! We're all aware that he's on here by 4.55pm posting about people leaving early but none of us say anything cos it's Jackfath like innit!

Parking at Liberty on 21:41 - Jul 7 with 2356 viewsoldcob

People like B&Q are not the law, they have no legal weight and are unable to fine you. Fact. My nephew had ticket, then another ticket to pay increased fine which he also ignored. He saw a solicitor friend who confirmed they have no legal right, and he never paid a thing. Admittedly it was about 18 months ago, but I can't imagine the law giving supermarkets and such like legal authority. Think about it. Where would it end?
Parking at Liberty on 22:07 - Jul 7 with 2280 viewsSwaneeRiver

If you like taking an hour and a half to get out of a car park then joining the throngs held back at the other car parks carry on.
I tried it last year - gave up after 4 awful after -match experiences and found a much better free parking venue.
Now I'm home usually within 30 mins of end of game (and don't leave my seat until final whistle)
Parking at Liberty on 22:23 - Jul 7 with 2239 viewsswanstillidai

Parking at Liberty on 21:20 - Jul 7 by NeathJack

Just buy a house opposite the stadium like I did

NeathRoadJack?
Parking at Liberty on 22:24 - Jul 7 with 2231 viewsLoyal

Parking at Liberty on 21:03 - Jul 7 by Jack_Meoff

We've been here before.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Parking at Liberty on 22:37 - Jul 7 with 2180 viewsoldcob

The only resource they have is to take you to court and sue for any loss of custom you may have caused by parking outside their store. It would cost them a mint.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024