Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy 16:00 - Aug 19 with 3867 viewsbennytee

http://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/efl-trophy-game-3257225.aspx

Like many others on here I agree with them, some of my best memories with the Swans are from this competition, albeit in the latter stages.
AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 16:54 - Aug 19 with 3687 viewsairedale

Why are they objecting?
AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 17:07 - Aug 19 with 3643 viewsepaul

AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 16:54 - Aug 19 by airedale

Why are they objecting?

http://mobile.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/article/dons-trust-statement-3140784.aspx

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 17:35 - Aug 19 with 3547 viewshobo

AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 16:54 - Aug 19 by airedale

Why are they objecting?

They are afraid of losing to a bunch of kids. I hope we stuff them
AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 17:41 - Aug 19 with 3528 viewsDafyddHuw

AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 17:07 - Aug 19 by epaul

http://mobile.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/article/dons-trust-statement-3140784.aspx

Yes, but why are they objecting?
AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 18:08 - Aug 19 with 3466 viewsbennytee

AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 17:41 - Aug 19 by DafyddHuw

Yes, but why are they objecting?

I'm guessing that they think it devalues the competition?
They don't really make it clear though, I suppose the thing to mention is that they are encouraging their fans to go to their game against Plymouth rather than the one against us.
AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 20:51 - Aug 19 with 3286 viewsKilkennyjack

Well done Wimbledon.

Tradition and passion, not cash and fashion.

Proper football only please.

Beware of the Risen People

AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 22:12 - Aug 19 with 3182 viewsDewi1jack

My ex-wifes first away trip was the Wemberlee trip in the Autoglass competition.
Trunds goal V Carlisle prior to Tatey and Trunds showing that our inferior neighbours really don't have a sense of humour when it comes to us winning anything.
IMHO, this does devalue the cup a bit
But at least any gate money the invited teams are due is given back to the L1 and L2 clubs, who, IMO need it the most.
The only good thing is it gives our development players competitive football. Now we can all see how they're coming on and if they look like they can make it

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 22:14 - Aug 19 with 3169 viewsMurph75

AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 22:12 - Aug 19 by Dewi1jack

My ex-wifes first away trip was the Wemberlee trip in the Autoglass competition.
Trunds goal V Carlisle prior to Tatey and Trunds showing that our inferior neighbours really don't have a sense of humour when it comes to us winning anything.
IMHO, this does devalue the cup a bit
But at least any gate money the invited teams are due is given back to the L1 and L2 clubs, who, IMO need it the most.
The only good thing is it gives our development players competitive football. Now we can all see how they're coming on and if they look like they can make it

On the plus side it gives us another chance of going to Wembley
Login to get fewer ads

AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 22:26 - Aug 19 with 3119 viewsDewi1jack

AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 22:14 - Aug 19 by Murph75

On the plus side it gives us another chance of going to Wembley

But robs the likes of Newport, Brizzle Rovers, Accrington etc etc a chance of a day out like we had, the memories we have.
Maybe I'm getting too sentimental nowadays!
And truthfully, how many would we take to watch the kids playing Stevenage or similar?
Wouldn't be many of us.
6-7000 is my guess

Interesting take on it from the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/08/new-efl-trophy-premier-league-a

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 22:51 - Aug 19 with 3049 viewsGowerjack

I agree with the Dons.

Not a good move at all.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 00:31 - Aug 20 with 2905 viewsLoyal

All good, but they don't mind charging £10 to get in. If they really believed in their principles they would let their 17 fans in for nothing.
Aren't they MK Dons U23 team anyway ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 14:57 - Aug 20 with 2703 viewsmikecranleigh

I was thinking it might have been a £5 at most £10 is nonsense
AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 20:21 - Aug 20 with 2565 viewsBYMJacks

is anyone going to this game me and my cousin and a few others are on the coach from swansea if anyone is interested in that game and newport by coach then they are available from the swans travel club website
AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 22:40 - Aug 20 with 2489 viewsMurph75

AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 22:26 - Aug 19 by Dewi1jack

But robs the likes of Newport, Brizzle Rovers, Accrington etc etc a chance of a day out like we had, the memories we have.
Maybe I'm getting too sentimental nowadays!
And truthfully, how many would we take to watch the kids playing Stevenage or similar?
Wouldn't be many of us.
6-7000 is my guess

Interesting take on it from the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/08/new-efl-trophy-premier-league-a

I couldn't give a f*ck.
AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 22:44 - Aug 20 with 2478 viewsmorningstar

AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 22:40 - Aug 20 by Murph75

I couldn't give a f*ck.

Pour yourself another one!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 14:00 - Aug 21 with 2336 viewsJBT95

Maybe they could do the whole group stage with the academy sides but they have no chance of progression but who knows how seriously it would be taken then. So basically, friendlies.
AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 16:10 - Aug 21 with 2284 viewsJackBaston

Two of my best friends are Plymouth fans, and although they have reservations about us being involved they're looking forward to our match (Is it going to be at the Liberty? I'm not sure)
I did assure them though, that if their team couldn't beat our youngsters and a few 3rd choice players then their teams really not good enough, as honestly, apart from what? 3-4 players in our u23s, they're all at best league 2 standard and have absolutely no experience of first team football
Though granted teams like Chelsea may be a bit more unfair
AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 16:22 - Aug 21 with 2268 viewsdougie

The principle is right. What i wouldn't want to see is a premier league under 23 side at wembley taking the place of a league 1/2 side that needs the money and who's fans get the chance of going to Wembley.
AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 17:42 - Aug 21 with 2221 viewsmorningstar

AFC Wimbledon not happy about EFL trophy on 16:10 - Aug 21 by JackBaston

Two of my best friends are Plymouth fans, and although they have reservations about us being involved they're looking forward to our match (Is it going to be at the Liberty? I'm not sure)
I did assure them though, that if their team couldn't beat our youngsters and a few 3rd choice players then their teams really not good enough, as honestly, apart from what? 3-4 players in our u23s, they're all at best league 2 standard and have absolutely no experience of first team football
Though granted teams like Chelsea may be a bit more unfair

Just too confirm, it's classed as a first team fixture and therefore rules state it has to be played at the Liberty.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024