Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ambition where has it gone? 21:27 - Aug 31 with 1362 viewshughesy2013

I cant get over the lack of ambition at this club these days. Since a good first few years establishing ourselves in the premier league we havent gone forward but we are just going backwards. I even think we have lost our identity of playing great football these days which made us unique, but instead we have gone really boring to watch. I would love to know what has happened to all the money we have made over the years because it doesnt add up, unlesss we are sitting on millions! Also with Huw Jenkins making decisions on who we sign and who we dont how can we ever say if a manager is doing well or not when its not him who has a say what players he wants in his squad or not! I can only see one thing happening for us this year and that is us struggling massively to stay in the premier league when we should be kicking on to be a top 10 team which we promised in our early years!
Ambition where has it gone? on 21:29 - Aug 31 with 1330 viewsTrundle10

I dont know. What i do know though, is that there are loads of threads of this ilk on the front psge of the board.
Ambition where has it gone? on 21:31 - Aug 31 with 1292 viewsswanstillidai

They've had a crack at the top six and decided its not really worth spending a c*nting fortune to get there again.

Spend a few mill here and there and hope for mid table.
Ambition where has it gone? on 21:32 - Aug 31 with 1289 viewsShonky

You know we just broke our transfer record right? We will have to make sure we do it three weeks later next season so that the fkwits get excited about it. If we had signed all our players today everyone would be wetting their panties.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 21:32]

Its just a ride...

Ambition where has it gone? on 21:39 - Aug 31 with 1237 viewshughesy2013

Ambition where has it gone? on 21:32 - Aug 31 by Shonky

You know we just broke our transfer record right? We will have to make sure we do it three weeks later next season so that the fkwits get excited about it. If we had signed all our players today everyone would be wetting their panties.

we spent 15 million and broke our record in this current climate with the money clubs are recieving each year that is sod all! so your honestly happy with the squad and think its better than the squad we had 2 years ago? no chance!
Ambition where has it gone? on 21:44 - Aug 31 with 1182 viewsmonmouth

That's not the whole truth though is it? Unless you are seriously saying that we have no gaps in our squad that needed bolstering?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ambition where has it gone? on 21:45 - Aug 31 with 1166 viewsShonky

You have stated that the ambition has gone when we are doing now what we have always done.We have never been ambitious. Saying we are unambitious three weeks after we broke our transfer record is priceless. lulz.

Its just a ride...

Ambition where has it gone? on 21:45 - Aug 31 with 1155 viewslonglostjack

In answer to the OP regarding "ambition gone" I'd say it's gone the same way as that of those sycophantic non-investigative so called journalists who were creaming themselves over the new American "investors" and who will be quick to blame Guidolin if it all goes tits up.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Ambition where has it gone? on 21:46 - Aug 31 with 1136 viewsShonky

Ambition where has it gone? on 21:44 - Aug 31 by monmouth

That's not the whole truth though is it? Unless you are seriously saying that we have no gaps in our squad that needed bolstering?

Read the black bits mate.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 21:48]

Its just a ride...

Login to get fewer ads

Ambition where has it gone? on 21:50 - Aug 31 with 1082 viewsSwansea93

What I don't get is why Huw and the Americans bang on about the next level, but show no reason's to believe that in the transfer market?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Ambition where has it gone? on 21:52 - Aug 31 with 1036 viewshughesy2013

Ambition where has it gone? on 21:45 - Aug 31 by Shonky

You have stated that the ambition has gone when we are doing now what we have always done.We have never been ambitious. Saying we are unambitious three weeks after we broke our transfer record is priceless. lulz.

You keep going on about that we broke our transfer record thats not very hard with our record transfer fee so low! your deluded..... you honestly think that squad will stay in the premier league?
Ambition where has it gone? on 21:55 - Aug 31 with 972 viewsTrundle10

11/4 to get relegated on sky bet 4th favourites
Ambition where has it gone? on 21:59 - Aug 31 with 950 viewsswanstillidai

Ambition where has it gone? on 21:50 - Aug 31 by Swansea93

What I don't get is why Huw and the Americans bang on about the next level, but show no reason's to believe that in the transfer market?

They talk it up to keep the plebs happy.

Think of them as a taxi firm maintainence garage. Rather than replacing with a shiny new model. They just patch up the car with scrap or sub standard parts just to keep it going from a-to-b 👍
Ambition where has it gone? on 22:08 - Aug 31 with 868 viewsLoyal

I never felt this much resentment when we signed Paul Connor.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ambition where has it gone? on 22:10 - Aug 31 with 842 viewsFireboy

Just look at what happened to villa and they are a far bigger club than us

If it can happen to them it can happen to us

The common denominator is american owners

They are effing locusts,only interested in making money

I just can't see us getting ourselves playing well enough to keep us out of the bottom part of the league

But the owners aren't really bothered
Ambition where has it gone? on 22:21 - Aug 31 with 751 viewsmonmouth

Ambition where has it gone? on 22:10 - Aug 31 by Fireboy

Just look at what happened to villa and they are a far bigger club than us

If it can happen to them it can happen to us

The common denominator is american owners

They are effing locusts,only interested in making money

I just can't see us getting ourselves playing well enough to keep us out of the bottom part of the league

But the owners aren't really bothered

I think the effing locusts were Welsh/Dutch/South African etc mate. The new lot are just potential locusts.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ambition where has it gone? on 22:30 - Aug 31 with 691 viewslondonlisa2001

What nonsense.

We've loaned Bartley and brought in VDH. Great.

We've sold Eder and Pakoschi and loaned out Gomis and brought in Llorente and Baston. Great.

We sold JJS and brought in Fer now made permanent. Great.

We've sold Williams and brought in Mawson ???

We've sold Ayew and brought in no one.

We've shipped out Tabanou, Grimes, lots of young players. Possibly Emnes.
We've brought in a goalkeeper for no reason.

Britton and Rangel are a year older.

Nothing to do with timing. Look at the above and think about it.
Ambition where has it gone? on 22:34 - Aug 31 with 670 viewsClinton

This club has never had huge ambition. Long may it last.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Ambition where has it gone? on 22:58 - Aug 31 with 604 viewsawayjack

Do you get the concept of net investment? So we've signed a player for 15m but sold players for 40m. Rock bottom of the net spend league at a -17m (or profit to Yanks). If we had a stronger squad to start with fair enough but our squad has gone backwards as we sell any quality at the first offer.
If our 15m signing is injured or like many 2nd tier forward from Spain, doesn't hack it in the premier league we're in serious trouble on the pitch. But we'll still make a whacking profit so all will be well!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024