Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread 04:13 - Sep 22 with 18688 viewsjackharris

Swansea City 1 Man City (and referee) 3
[Post edited 24 Sep 2016 19:00]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

^^^Premier League^^^ The Official Swansea City Versus Man City PL Match Thread on 04:45 - Sep 22 with 3704 viewsCooperman

I'm not making this one but will be boosting the masses of our Tokyo fan base in a Roppongi bar.

I'm feeling upbeat about this result.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Swansea City v Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread (n/t) on 02:43 - Sep 23 with 3600 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 23 Sep 2016 2:44]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

^^^Premier League^^^ The Official Swansea City Versus Man City PL Match Thread on 03:55 - Sep 23 with 3574 viewsTummer_from_Texas

^^^Premier League^^^ The Official Swansea City Versus Man City PL Match Thread on 04:45 - Sep 22 by Cooperman

I'm not making this one but will be boosting the masses of our Tokyo fan base in a Roppongi bar.

I'm feeling upbeat about this result.

What time is the match there?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

^^^Premier League^^^ The Official Swansea City Versus Man City PL Match Thread on 03:59 - Sep 23 with 3573 viewsCooperman

^^^Premier League^^^ The Official Swansea City Versus Man City PL Match Thread on 03:55 - Sep 23 by Tummer_from_Texas

What time is the match there?

It will be an 11pm Saturday night kick off.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 07:46 - Sep 23 with 3506 viewsbuilthjack

Come on the real City

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 08:50 - Sep 23 with 3448 viewsPegojack

Will Guido park the bus, the lorry, the tractor and the chip van across our goalmouth?
[Post edited 23 Sep 2016 8:52]
The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 08:57 - Sep 23 with 3439 viewsSwaneeRiver

The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 08:50 - Sep 23 by Pegojack

Will Guido park the bus, the lorry, the tractor and the chip van across our goalmouth?
[Post edited 23 Sep 2016 8:52]

My guess is his bike will be parked close by ready for his long ride off into the sunset after we are annihilated by the other City.
There again miracles "do 'appen " (to quote Minnie Driver in her worst Italian accent in Phantom)
The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 10:07 - Sep 23 with 3379 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Just go for it Guido your boring us to death

4-3-1-2

Fab
KN. JA FF SK

LB LF JC

GS

BB. FL.

they'll close us down like you've never seen anything before .

Launch it at our giants up top they won't expect that .
[Post edited 23 Sep 2016 10:26]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 10:28 - Sep 23 with 3342 viewsepaul

The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 10:07 - Sep 23 by oh_tommy_tommy

Just go for it Guido your boring us to death

4-3-1-2

Fab
KN. JA FF SK

LB LF JC

GS

BB. FL.

they'll close us down like you've never seen anything before .

Launch it at our giants up top they won't expect that .
[Post edited 23 Sep 2016 10:26]

Absolutely he should go out in a blaze of glory!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 12:39 - Sep 23 with 3233 viewsjasonbromham

This is what Guidolin should go with

Fabianski
Naughton Van Der Hoorn/Mawson Amat Kingsley
Britton
Barrow Sigudsson Montero
Baston Llorente
The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 12:54 - Sep 23 with 3203 viewsvetchonian

The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 12:39 - Sep 23 by jasonbromham

Fabianski
Britton
Barrow Sigudsson Montero
Baston Llorente

Yeah we will be 5 down by half time with that formation I would go with either Mo or Jeff to start then bring the other one on second half
That formation leaves our full backs too exposed

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 12:56 - Sep 23 with 3201 viewsPegojack

The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 12:39 - Sep 23 by jasonbromham

Fabianski
Britton
Barrow Sigudsson Montero
Baston Llorente

Adventurous, I'll give you that. But we need an extra body in midfield, someone with a bit of meat on him.

So it's a choice between keeping both wingers and sacrificing a striker, or keeping both strikers and sacrificing a winger, which would be a tad unbalanced.

I'd swop Llorente for Fer in that line up, otherwise it's good to go.
The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 13:07 - Sep 23 with 3187 viewsLoyal

The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 12:56 - Sep 23 by Pegojack

Adventurous, I'll give you that. But we need an extra body in midfield, someone with a bit of meat on him.

So it's a choice between keeping both wingers and sacrificing a striker, or keeping both strikers and sacrificing a winger, which would be a tad unbalanced.

Two hopes

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 13:56 - Sep 23 with 3125 viewsPegojack

The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 13:07 - Sep 23 by Loyal

Two hopes

Aye, I suppose so, Citeh destroy teams by relentless accurate quick passing, and by pressing the opposition when they don't have possession.

But who knows, if the football Gods are smiling on us, if they have an off day, and if all our players concentrate on marking and tackling for 90 plus minutes, we might get something.
The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 14:06 - Sep 23 with 3108 viewsLeonisGod

Looks like Company's out then. Given they've been slaughtering teams without him, I guess that doesn't really mean anything for us.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/23/vincent-kompany-sidelined-for-m
The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 14:08 - Sep 23 with 3107 viewswestside

It's going to be a windy one so lots of high crosses into the box for their dodgy keeper.
The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 14:36 - Sep 23 with 3066 viewsyeoviljackb

Wouldn't surprise me to see Taylor and Ki back in - weak manager bowing to player pressure
The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 14:37 - Sep 23 with 3065 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 14:06 - Sep 23 by LeonisGod

Looks like Company's out then. Given they've been slaughtering teams without him, I guess that doesn't really mean anything for us.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/23/vincent-kompany-sidelined-for-m

He saved their bacon quite a few times on Wednesday with great defending.
Gives our guys more chnace of scoring.
The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 14:38 - Sep 23 with 3061 viewsmarchamjack

Travelling down tomorrow for the game with zero expectations.

Last time I did that was Chelsea...

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 14:50 - Sep 23 with 3043 viewsDarran

The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 14:06 - Sep 23 by LeonisGod

Bad.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 14:55 - Sep 23 with 3033 viewskarnataka

The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 12:56 - Sep 23 by Pegojack

I'd go with your suggestion too Mike.

I know you weren't there Wednesday (I looked for you in your usual seat btw) but as for the vdH/Mawson choice in that lineup instead of Fernandez, I think vdH certainly did enough to warrant keeping his place. He's more composed on the ball than FF, doesn't look likely to get a yellow card every time he goes near an opponent and seems to have a far greater understanding of the relevance of the shirt colours when passing. I also felt Jordi looked less jittery without FF there too.
The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 15:13 - Sep 23 with 3004 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 13:07 - Sep 23 by Loyal

Two hopes

'Bob' & 'No'?
The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 15:32 - Sep 23 with 2973 viewsjasonbromham

The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 12:54 - Sep 23 by vetchonian

Yeah we will be 5 down by half time with that formation I would go with either Mo or Jeff to start then bring the other one on second half
That formation leaves our full backs too exposed

Look at Wednesday night for example. With a more adventurous lineup we could have beaten them. With Montero & Barrow closing down their goalkeeper we would be rolling in the goals. We would be leaving ourselves exposed at the back yes but look at the job Leon can do sitting in front of that back 4. We need some positivity and adventure in our play. Ask yourself how boring are we to watch? I would rather lose 5-4 and get some entertainment than lose 1-0. We can even take Llorente out and put an extra man in midfield. We just have to put Montero on at the same time. Having only 1 leaves them isolated as the opposition only have the 1 to deal with and can easily double up on them.
The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 15:34 - Sep 23 with 2970 viewsBYMJacks

i am not very confident with this game but man city have to lose sometime just dont think it will be tomorrow. leon britton has to play tomorrow and would like to see mawson given a chance if we have any chance of getting a draw or win tomorrow
The Official Swansea City Versus Man City *PREMIER LEAGUE* Match Thread on 16:42 - Sep 23 with 2903 viewsJackBaston

I can't shake the feeling we're going to get battered
But i'd rather get battered with the feeling we at least tried to win than setting up for a 0-0
I just can't help feeling hes going to go back to the 5 man defence again or naughton on the right wing again
It's a difficult situation because City overload the midfield with their 2 full backs playing more centre mid
I wouldnt be completely against a 5-3-2 system with Barrow and Borja as the starting strikers, a little similar in how Wales play
but then I feel that formation would require Sigurdsson to make way for a more defensive midfielder, but then hes always got an opportunity to score from set plays
Ah whod be a manager huh
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024