Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust getting freebies (again) 19:10 - Sep 25 with 10825 viewsDarran

I see the Trust Board getting pelters on the Trust Facebook page once again with Tony Pettys old bum chum Tony Davies accusing them of getting freebies.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 19:20]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 22:01 - Sep 25 with 1151 viewsDewi1jack

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 21:33 - Sep 25 by Flashberryjack

."very nice salary"
If you want the best you pay the best

So.
Can anyone explain how Dimwit isn't paid in peanuts?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 22:03 - Sep 25 with 1143 viewsDarran

I'll tell you one thing mind some people have got very lucky.

Certain people were not watching the Swans at the time of survival and is now a multi-millionaire.

That's a FACT.

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 22:15 - Sep 25 with 1101 viewsQJumpingJack

The Trust have done a fantastic job over the last 14 years for the club and the community.
They deserve so much respect for what they have achieved.

Out of interest, are all Swans (and former) Directors members of the Trust?

I can remember years ago, all Directors paid for their season tickets as they were fans. This was picked up by the press.
Is this still the case?
The Trust getting freebies (again) on 22:28 - Sep 25 with 1067 viewsmorningstar

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 22:15 - Sep 25 by QJumpingJack

The Trust have done a fantastic job over the last 14 years for the club and the community.
They deserve so much respect for what they have achieved.

Out of interest, are all Swans (and former) Directors members of the Trust?

I can remember years ago, all Directors paid for their season tickets as they were fans. This was picked up by the press.
Is this still the case?

I remember paying at the centre stand turnstiles (pre petty days) and Martin Morgan turned up at the gates alongside with his small children. The steward simply opened the gates and let them in for nothing. This was after he'd sold his business for £46m and before he'd put one single penny into the club, so i highly doubt that he paid for his season ticket once he became a major shareholder.

Edit: Mel nurse did mind. Always.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 22:30]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 22:33 - Sep 25 with 1049 viewsDarran

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 22:28 - Sep 25 by morningstar

I remember paying at the centre stand turnstiles (pre petty days) and Martin Morgan turned up at the gates alongside with his small children. The steward simply opened the gates and let them in for nothing. This was after he'd sold his business for £46m and before he'd put one single penny into the club, so i highly doubt that he paid for his season ticket once he became a major shareholder.

Edit: Mel nurse did mind. Always.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 22:30]

On FFS Gary I love you,that's an amazing post.
Why? Why f*cking why?

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 22:43 - Sep 25 with 1020 viewsperchrockjack

Personally I dont giveashite how much the trust leaders were to make nor how they work so long as they do it for the club.
Seems they do.

People taking time out,family time out, to be custodians of our club .

I'd boil my eyes than waste any time of some of our jerks, the ones,y know, who meet directors as "fans representative"

If your gonna rip these people apart, offer an alternative of shut the feck up.

With all his faults ,Jenkins and his crew did something as did Phil sumbler and the rest of the trust leaders.

We owe them big time, but, seems the most venal cretins want to question their credentials from the sidelines.

It's village mentality we don't need.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 22:48 - Sep 25 with 1008 viewsDarran

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 22:43 - Sep 25 by perchrockjack

Personally I dont giveashite how much the trust leaders were to make nor how they work so long as they do it for the club.
Seems they do.

I'd boil my eyes than waste any time of some of our jerks, the ones,y know, who meet directors as "fans representative"

With all his faults ,Jenkins and his crew did something as did Phil sumbler and the rest of the trust leaders.

We owe them big time, but, seems the most venal cretins want to question their credentials from the sidelines.

That's beautiful Richard,truly beautiful.

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 22:48 - Sep 25 with 1008 viewsMattG

Apparently the Trust elections are getting close.....would that be the ones that took place 2 months ago? Finger clearly on the pulse!

To Phil and the rest of the Trust Board - keep going and fight the good fight. I'm sure it's hard enough dealing with the Yanks so it can't help having to look over your shoulders at the same time. Hopefully when the facts do emerge, those who have been so quick and keen to criticise will take a moment to appreciate the extensive amount of critical, unpaid work that you have all done to try and ensure a future for our wonderful Club.
Login to get fewer ads

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 22:52 - Sep 25 with 994 viewsmorningstar

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 22:33 - Sep 25 by Darran

On FFS Gary I love you,that's an amazing post.
Why? Why f*cking why?

Because collectively Dar, they're a bunch of cvnts that's why! Every one of them. From Martin Morgan, to JVZ, Dineen and the Neath supporter!

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 22:57 - Sep 25 with 978 viewsDarran

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 22:52 - Sep 25 by morningstar

Because collectively Dar, they're a bunch of cvnts that's why! Every one of them. From Martin Morgan, to JVZ, Dineen and the Neath supporter!

I hate the thought that people who deserve better might not be able to show their faces anywhere near Swansea in the future Gar but if it happens so be it.

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 23:06 - Sep 25 with 946 viewsmorningstar

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 22:57 - Sep 25 by Darran

I hate the thought that people who deserve better might not be able to show their faces anywhere near Swansea in the future Gar but if it happens so be it.

It is what it is now Dar. We can only hope the Yanks know what their doing, because if they don't, then it will fall back to the trust. That's what galls me most about people assuming the trust are now a 'non entity'! If it goes wrong, those same people will look to the trust because they will be our only hope, because they are still there looking after the interests of the club and it's fans, never mind who has the fvckin printing contracts or whatever else some may want to bring up as a pathetic stick to beat them with.

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 23:11 - Sep 25 with 935 viewsDarran

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 23:06 - Sep 25 by morningstar

It is what it is now Dar. We can only hope the Yanks know what their doing, because if they don't, then it will fall back to the trust. That's what galls me most about people assuming the trust are now a 'non entity'! If it goes wrong, those same people will look to the trust because they will be our only hope, because they are still there looking after the interests of the club and it's fans, never mind who has the fvckin printing contracts or whatever else some may want to bring up as a pathetic stick to beat them with.

Gary that's so beautiful.
What a post.

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 23:17 - Sep 25 with 929 viewsSwanseajill

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 20:12 - Sep 25 by monmouth

The majority are with you Phil, even if it is very easy to feel a bit hopeless given the sheer treachery that we've seen by the forked tongue sellout brigade, that have let us all down massively.

Regarding any social media personal vitriol, empty vessels make the most noise and all that. They should be targeting their ire elsewhereat the real culprits that have sold our values down the river instead of wasting time trying to bayonet the wounded with wild swivel eyed drivel.

I love it when you have a mini rant Monmouth.

I'm shocked that these FB abusers are allowed to continue with constant accusations that have little substance or truth in their accusations.
I've seen over the years the unpaid work that goes into the Trust. And a handful of fans have no idea what they are talking about when they decide to have a go at its board members.

Do they remember the beginnings? When no fans were able to ask questions of our club other than have a letter published in the Evening Post?
Do they remember a bunch of Swans players at The Patti looking very shocked as some of their fellow players had just been sacked by Petty?
Who was there fighting for them? Yes, The Trust.
There's too much hate, just for the sake of being hateful.
The Trust getting freebies (again) on 23:21 - Sep 25 with 924 viewsUxbridge

Cripes. Just read that thread. Glad I'm offline most weekends these days.

Can only echo what Phil has said. There's a lot I'd love to say right about now. Never been one that's found keeping my mouth shut easy . Need to follow advice etc.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 23:44 - Sep 25 with 868 viewsmorningstar

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 23:11 - Sep 25 by Darran

Gary that's so beautiful.
What a post.

What's with all this beautiful sh!t? Sharrup you knob!

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 23:46 - Sep 25 with 861 viewsHighjack

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 21:42 - Sep 25 by Darran

Another serious point on this humourless forum though is that I remember the time you used to use the Trust helicopter to go to games.

Before we were in the big time some people didn't give a f*ck. FACT

I'll never forget opening the stall door in the Liberty toilets to reveal Phil wiping his arse on a 50 pound note whilst cackling manically.

They still haven't fixed those locks

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 00:19 - Sep 26 with 823 viewsLoyal

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 23:46 - Sep 25 by Highjack

I'll never forget opening the stall door in the Liberty toilets to reveal Phil wiping his arse on a 50 pound note whilst cackling manically.

They still haven't fixed those locks

I dint know Phil had curly hair.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 00:45 - Sep 26 with 792 viewsmorningstar

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 00:19 - Sep 26 by Loyal

I dint know Phil had curly hair.

We all do unless we shave.

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 05:54 - Sep 26 with 738 viewsSwaneeRiver

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 19:38 - Sep 25 by Phil_S

To be outplayed you have to be in the game to start with

Quite sad that you have just taken the standard (and easy) view especially when you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes or how much people have put into try and protect what we worked so hard to do. Especially seeing as I know at least 3 of the Trust board at breaking point - maybe we should give up without the fight that many already seem to have done (and yes I include you in that)

And for the record to answer the original post, I pay the same as everyone else for my season ticket every single season

Why bother answering diatribe like this Phil ?
You and the rest of the Trust have worked wonders in the past and I've no doubt you will continue to fight the good fight
The Trust getting freebies (again) on 09:05 - Sep 26 with 656 viewscostalotta

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 21:08 - Sep 25 by Phil_S

The OP was referring to freebies that others had suggested that we received

As for being without teeth - we were placed in a position (as we have stated) by people wanting to cash in where we were playing catch up. The fact that we have made that catch up (just about) in around 5 months is some achievement considering it took the sellers a year to get their own house in order

And yet it remains us that is at fault in the eyes of others

Before i continue this is not an attack on any one person and I do know you guys have a very difficult job.

I must admit that i have been critical of the Trust over the last year or so.

For me it's comments/responses like this that are stock and merely deflect the questioning. Fans/Trust members have a right to question, yeah?

The point is here I would have thought that its a responsibility of the Trust to know what IS GOING ON at our club and the fact they didn't and had to play catch up is very worrying IMO. Slow out of the traps? Head buried in sand? Unaware? Incompetent? Cheated? Lied to? Victim of lack of transparency? Not friends anymore? Or just unlucky? I don't know... you can take your pick. But from where I am its arguable that the Trust did not, on this thing, do they're job properly. Now, that is just the initial "we don't know whats going on " bit. They should have!

Since then what's happened? Nada! The club was bought, the Trust it seems have achieved very little? Could they have done something? I don't know... Ask Londonlisa or any of the others who seem to know about all that legal stuff. Ive as others on the board have read, debated and listened to the options that were banded about, but nothing.
The Trust getting freebies (again) on 09:16 - Sep 26 with 643 viewsUxbridge

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 09:05 - Sep 26 by costalotta

Before i continue this is not an attack on any one person and I do know you guys have a very difficult job.

For me it's comments/responses like this that are stock and merely deflect the questioning. Fans/Trust members have a right to question, yeah?

The point is here I would have thought that its a responsibility of the Trust to know what IS GOING ON at our club and the fact they didn't and had to play catch up is very worrying IMO. Slow out of the traps? Head buried in sand? Unaware? Incompetent? Cheated? Lied to? Victim of lack of transparency? Not friends anymore? Or just unlucky? I don't know... you can take your pick. But from where I am its arguable that the Trust did not, on this thing, do they're job properly. Now, that is just the initial "we don't know whats going on " bit. They should have!

Since then what's happened? Nada! The club was bought, the Trust it seems have achieved very little? Could they have done something? I don't know... Ask Londonlisa or any of the others who seem to know about all that legal stuff. Ive as others on the board have read, debated and listened to the options that were banded about, but nothing.

But isn't this the point. This was not about what was going on at the club. If the 79% privately arrange a sale of their stake outside the club and specifically hide this from the Trust - facts Jenkins has publicly admitted - how is it that the Trust's director ever going to be able to find out? Bug their houses? Tail them? The Trust found out when it couldn't be hidden any longer ... but as we saw, it was still some time before the deal was concluded.

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 09:24 - Sep 26 with 634 viewsLeonisGod

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 22:43 - Sep 25 by perchrockjack

Seems they do.

Seems like there's sense left in the old dog yet. Spot on perchy.
The Trust getting freebies (again) on 09:26 - Sep 26 with 630 viewsSmellyplumz

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 09:05 - Sep 26 by costalotta

utter rubbish Im afraid, how could the trust do or know anything if it was done behind their backs?? really come on now give an answer. also it has been explained over and over again that they are unable to make a comment on what is going on at the moment because it would jeopardise everything, I fail to see what is so hard to understand about that concept, but its not hard to understand is it , its more like people just dont have any patients.

Finally anyone moaning about the trust, go do a better job I dare you go on.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 09:41 - Sep 26 with 610 viewscostalotta

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 09:16 - Sep 26 by Uxbridge

But isn't this the point. This was not about what was going on at the club. If the 79% privately arrange a sale of their stake outside the club and specifically hide this from the Trust - facts Jenkins has publicly admitted - how is it that the Trust's director ever going to be able to find out? Bug their houses? Tail them? The Trust found out when it couldn't be hidden any longer ... but as we saw, it was still some time before the deal was concluded.

Yes it is UX. Its the point that I am making. Read it all... I have not just mentioned that lack of Transparency, but you have only referred to that. Why is that? My opinion on this will not change and I suspect others feel the same. It should have known, or realised that something was not right. And it didn't. Blaming or agreeing with Jenkins for hiding something when that was intention is just an excuse and arguably HC was played! Maybe HC is too trusting?

Either way it doesn't look good to Trust members nor fans of our club. The garden is not rosy mate!

You know what... Not sure why you would say bug their houses or tail them? But there are other methods.

But that was then, what about since then? What about the apparent powers the Trust has? Now, i do know we have to work with the new owners. Although according to various sources that isn't happening? So what is left? Are we to believe that our Trust is great and everything is wonderful and there really NOTHING to see here? Sorry, i don't buy it and its just me...But i do question everything...listen and hopefully hear.
The Trust getting freebies (again) on 09:42 - Sep 26 with 608 viewsUxbridge

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 09:26 - Sep 26 by Smellyplumz

utter rubbish Im afraid, how could the trust do or know anything if it was done behind their backs?? really come on now give an answer. also it has been explained over and over again that they are unable to make a comment on what is going on at the moment because it would jeopardise everything, I fail to see what is so hard to understand about that concept, but its not hard to understand is it , its more like people just dont have any patients.

Finally anyone moaning about the trust, go do a better job I dare you go on.

I can only speak for myself, but I've got no issue with people questioning or even criticising. So long as people are prepared to also then listen to the comments then made in return and accept them (even if not agreeing). Some will not accept the explanations given, but such is life.

Having to tread a line between trying to keep the members and fanbase informed along with not prejudicing the work of our experts is a very frustrating thing. Some will see this as the Trust not engaging with its members, or being an irrelevance, complicit or weak. Until such time as we can say what we actually think that's just the way it is I guess.

It's heartening to see that a lot of people are prepared to wait for that time to come. For those who aren't, I hope when the time comes the reasons will become clear and faith can be restored.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024