Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... 13:04 - Oct 11 with 10315 viewsStarsky

How important to our recovery are Our fitness issues?

It's no secret that questions have been asked about Guidolins training regime, particularly this season. I read somewhere on here regarding the American tour, Guidolin was watching the Tour de France while the team was training. Even Ashley Williams had a parting shot about training at the Liberty.

Guidolin eventually had the team playing much better but we were blowing out of our arses in the 2nd halves

If Bradley ups the ante in training and the signs are looking good, maybe just maybe the Swans can play at tempo for most of the game and that should reignite our wingers form and create a chain reaction.

We played our tempo game in the first half against Liverpool. Only in the second half was Barrow brought on... when we we'd already slowed down. No wonder Barrow was largely anonymous.

Fitness and tempo could revitalise our season and make BB a hero... it will take a month or two.

Could this be all we need to rise up the table until the January transfer window opens?

Discuss?

It's just the internet, init.

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 13:11 - Oct 11 with 5690 viewsPrivate_Partz

It was all part of the process to discredit Frankie. Tour de France, fitness, player rebellion etc etc. Nothing wrong with our fitness levels. We tired against Liverpool because we had to work our nuts off compensating for an off form and under strength midfield.
I am sure things will not suffer on that front under Bob. I worry more about tactics and the ability to get the best out of the current squad, particularly if he want to go gung ho against these teams.
We will have a strong indicator of his intentions by the way he sets up at the haemorrhoids.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 13:19 - Oct 11 with 5646 viewsjasper_T

The team that has to work harder tires faster. There's nothing wrong with the fitness levels of most of the squad (Gylfi clearly wasn't up to speed to begin with, but that's not anyone at the club's fault).
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 13:22 - Oct 11 with 5627 viewsStarsky

It was apparent to me we haven't lasted 90 minutes all season. Fitness surely has to be an issue?

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 14:06 - Oct 11 with 5513 viewstomdickharry

We will soon find out on Saturday,lets hope everyone returns fit and well after the international break.
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 14:35 - Oct 11 with 5425 viewsjasper_T

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 13:22 - Oct 11 by Starsky

It was apparent to me we haven't lasted 90 minutes all season. Fitness surely has to be an issue?

When poor footballing sides get worn down by better teams (how often do top 4/6 teams get late winners in games?) it's not their fitness that's at fault.

No team without a dodgy Spanish doctor can keep up the amount of workrate the players were having to put in against Liverpool for a full 90 minutes.

If you can't retain possession and manage the game, fitness levels can only go so far. Human beings have limits. "Run more, work harder" doesn't work.

I'll question the players fitness when they struggle to see out 45 minutes, never get up to the pace of the game etc.
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 14:48 - Oct 11 with 5370 viewsjack247

We haven't lasted because we haven't got the players to play possession football. It's much more tiring without the ball. Guidolin had us pressing high towards the end, which is a lot of sprinting and closing down. Biggest problem with it, is you can't really make tactical substitutions as you know your midfielders are going to knacker at some point and need to be replaced.

Bob seems to play a more simplistic game. If he does that, we won't force as many mistakes from defenders, but the players won't use up as much energy, will finish the game stronger and will appear fitter. I'd imagine training may be more fitness based as well.
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 15:59 - Oct 11 with 5208 viewsSwanson

I've heard from someone working at the club that Guidolin completely disregarded the club's sports scientists advise. That does not surprise me at all as we have looked very ropey in the second half against strong and weak teams alike.
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 16:03 - Oct 11 with 5189 viewsLeonisGod

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 14:35 - Oct 11 by jasper_T

When poor footballing sides get worn down by better teams (how often do top 4/6 teams get late winners in games?) it's not their fitness that's at fault.

No team without a dodgy Spanish doctor can keep up the amount of workrate the players were having to put in against Liverpool for a full 90 minutes.

If you can't retain possession and manage the game, fitness levels can only go so far. Human beings have limits. "Run more, work harder" doesn't work.

I'll question the players fitness when they struggle to see out 45 minutes, never get up to the pace of the game etc.

Very, very true. It doesn't stop feckwits shouting out from the crowd for players to "run faster you lazy arse" though.
Login to get fewer ads

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 17:09 - Oct 11 with 5054 viewslonglostjack

Pretty standard spin when a new manager comes in. Players were either unfit or on the wrong diet under the old manager. To his credit I don't think Bradley has played that game. The tittle tattle probably stemmed from certain disgruntled international superstars who were benched by FG.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 17:31 - Oct 11 with 4988 viewsperchrockjack

Hopefully Bob will do more than bench those underperforming.

I've a good feeling about this guy.

Yea,not a game played but i feel something positive in me

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 17:50 - Oct 11 with 4938 viewsjasper_T

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 17:31 - Oct 11 by perchrockjack

Should've made him wear a condom.
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:02 - Oct 11 with 4910 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Hi Garry!

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:02 - Oct 11 with 4908 viewsjohnlangy

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 17:31 - Oct 11 by perchrockjack

I've been told today by my regular Swans news correspondent that things are very good. Quoted one specific player who is very happy with BB.
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:31 - Oct 11 with 4835 viewsjack247

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:02 - Oct 11 by johnlangy

I've been told today by my regular Swans news correspondent that things are very good. Quoted one specific player who is very happy with BB.

I'm really hoping so. His record fills me with dread to be honest, but if the players are happy with him it's a massive step in the right direction
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:41 - Oct 11 with 4803 viewsmonmouth

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:02 - Oct 11 by johnlangy

As long as it aint Neil Taylor or Federico Fernandez.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:47 - Oct 11 with 4779 viewsLeonisGod

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:41 - Oct 11 by monmouth

Ideally we need coach Bob to get the best out of those two, otherwise we're looking very light if we have injuries/suspensions.
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:52 - Oct 11 with 4766 viewsLoyal

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:41 - Oct 11 by monmouth

FA cup third round fodder.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 20:51 - Oct 11 with 4610 viewsPrivate_Partz

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 15:59 - Oct 11 by Swanson

I've heard from someone working at the club that Guidolin completely disregarded the club's sports scientists advise. That does not surprise me at all as we have looked very ropey in the second half against strong and weak teams alike.

Ah I forgot about that one. Another story used to discredit Frank

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 20:54 - Oct 11 with 4600 viewsPrivate_Partz

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 17:09 - Oct 11 by longlostjack

Pretty standard spin when a new manager comes in. Players were either unfit or on the wrong diet under the old manager. To his credit I don't think Bradley has played that game. The tittle tattle probably stemmed from certain disgruntled international superstars who were benched by FG.

.......and the Yanks' drip feed press leaks to discredit FG and thereby justify their appointment of Bob.

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:11 - Oct 11 with 4557 viewsexiledclaseboy

It's nice that PP has finally shed his Laudrup fixation and replaced it with a Guidolin fixation instead. His therapist thinks it's good progress.

Poll: Tory leader

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:17 - Oct 11 with 4531 viewsDarran

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:11 - Oct 11 by exiledclaseboy

It's nice that PP has finally shed his Laudrup fixation and replaced it with a Guidolin fixation instead. His therapist thinks it's good progress.

Isn't it bloody awful Andrew? Thank f*ck Dr Winston banned Spratty.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:27 - Oct 11 with 4496 viewsStarsky

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 20:54 - Oct 11 by Private_Partz

.......and the Yanks' drip feed press leaks to discredit FG and thereby justify their appointment of Bob.

You may be right but stay objective.
Don't stick your head in the sand

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:31 - Oct 11 with 4483 viewsmorningstar

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:27 - Oct 11 by Starsky

You may be right but stay objective.
Don't stick your head in the sand

I'm not doing anything tomorrow!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 23:46 - Oct 11 with 4319 viewsSmellyplumz

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 15:59 - Oct 11 by Swanson

I heard from trundle that FG was often found fingering a goose whilst guzzling mead when he should of been training the squad!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 00:49 - Oct 12 with 4278 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea is a small place and a lot of people know individuals involved at the club. Feedback is that BB has created a very good impression. Players are working harder in training than they've been asked to for a very long time and it appears BB will take no nonsense.
Think the change had to be made and I'm glad the club moved early rather than let it drift on another few weeks or even months. That saying the way FG was treated left a sour taste. I got a feeling the Americans are going to be pretty ruthless.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024