Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Scapegoats" 18:34 - Oct 16 with 5970 viewsmacthejack

Absolutely does my nut that when someone disagrees with a player being rightly criticised they instantly accuse the critic of labeling that player a scapegoat.

It seems a convenient way for some to ignore the fact that many players (Fernandez, Taylor, Ki, Routledge and possibly others) simply are not good enough, at least not at the moment. If you honestly believe those players have been hard done by then something is wrong. They can rightly shoulder more blame than most (although no-one is blame free) for our poor form.
"Scapegoats" on 18:38 - Oct 16 with 4670 viewsmonmouth

Routs has lost a yard of pace. I think it might have finished him.

The others, well Taylor has played a stupid number of PL games for someone so ordinary, and God alone knows what happened to Ki and Fernandez both of whom had at least one good season.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

"Scapegoats" on 18:42 - Oct 16 with 4643 viewsDarran

Great OP,I've posted about Routledge being absolutely dire several times but the response is always that I know f*ck all about football.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

"Scapegoats" on 19:04 - Oct 16 with 4553 viewsperchrockjack

Apart from the creation of the universe and the genius of Leonard Cohen two matters have puzzled me.

Rout ledges extended contract and more incredibly that of dyer.

I'm a grade 3 fan however

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

(No subject) on 19:07 - Oct 16 with 4534 viewsJBT95

Taylor isn't all that bad don't know why people are slating him constantly. Naughton isn't much better surely?

Ki had a stormer in 14-15 but has been dogsh*t since. Routledge has faded slightly but it could be confidence, although yeah maybe he has lost pace. Fernandez has patches of being very good and average. Personally I'd be playing Mike vdH with Amat at the moment.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2016 19:08]
"Scapegoats" on 19:07 - Oct 16 with 4528 viewsDarran

"Scapegoats" on 19:04 - Oct 16 by perchrockjack

Apart from the creation of the universe and the genius of Leonard Cohen two matters have puzzled me.

Rout ledges extended contract and more incredibly that of dyer.

I'm a grade 3 fan however

There's no grading of fans my friend you're a fan you mentalist.

"Scapegoats" on 19:08 - Oct 16 with 4510 viewsdickythorpe

I often think the fans in the West stand are used as scapegoats on here. Who cares if they are quieter, at least they are watching a team they love.
(No subject) on 19:08 - Oct 16 with 4506 viewsDarran

(No subject) on 19:07 - Oct 16 by JBT95

Taylor isn't all that bad don't know why people are slating him constantly. Naughton isn't much better surely?

Ki had a stormer in 14-15 but has been dogsh*t since. Routledge has faded slightly but it could be confidence, although yeah maybe he has lost pace. Fernandez has patches of being very good and average. Personally I'd be playing Mike vdH with Amat at the moment.

Oh f*ck please if he wasn't Welsh you wouldn't care.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2016 19:15]

"Scapegoats" on 19:13 - Oct 16 with 4469 viewsdickythorpe

If only Taylor was like Jesus when it came to crosses.
Login to get fewer ads

"Scapegoats" on 19:14 - Oct 16 with 4462 viewsperchrockjack

Taylor is that bad?, well I take my hat off to you because he really IS a disgracefully overated player .its shameful he has so many international caps but we don't have many left backs .

He s utterly pitiful as soon as he ventures over half way.

I really cannot fathom the support HE has. Support the club instead and bin this cretin NOW. Pay him off. We ll benefit.

Same with FF.

Get rid as bad debts

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

(No subject) on 19:15 - Oct 16 with 4459 viewsItchySphincter

(No subject) on 19:07 - Oct 16 by JBT95

Well that was not predictable.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

"Scapegoats" on 19:19 - Oct 16 with 4435 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

Totally agree. Get rid. Fernandez' Taylor, Ki, Routledge and ,as you say possibly others.
Absolute dead wood for Premiership.
We will know how we stand as a Prem. club,come January.
SHOW US THE MONEY!!!!
If the Yanks don't,we're bolloxed.
And I wouldn't mind betting,if we had a good bid for Siggy, the greedy b@stards would snap their hands off.
"Scapegoats" on 19:34 - Oct 16 with 4387 viewsFireboy

"Scapegoats" on 19:19 - Oct 16 by whaleoilbeefhooked

Totally agree. Get rid. Fernandez' Taylor, Ki, Routledge and ,as you say possibly others.
Absolute dead wood for Premiership.
We will know how we stand as a Prem. club,come January.
SHOW US THE MONEY!!!!
If the Yanks don't,we're bolloxed.
And I wouldn't mind betting,if we had a good bid for Siggy, the greedy b@stards would snap their hands off.

This ^ big effing style
"Scapegoats" on 19:36 - Oct 16 with 4377 viewsDr_Winston

"Scapegoats" on 19:14 - Oct 16 by perchrockjack

Taylor is that bad?, well I take my hat off to you because he really IS a disgracefully overated player .its shameful he has so many international caps but we don't have many left backs .

He s utterly pitiful as soon as he ventures over half way.

I really cannot fathom the support HE has. Support the club instead and bin this cretin NOW. Pay him off. We ll benefit.

Same with FF.

Get rid as bad debts

We?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

"Scapegoats" on 19:37 - Oct 16 with 4371 viewsDarran

"Scapegoats" on 19:36 - Oct 16 by Dr_Winston

We?

"Scapegoats" on 19:43 - Oct 16 with 4330 viewsMrSwerve

Escape goats Shirley.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

"Scapegoats" on 19:49 - Oct 16 with 4293 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I think that, thankfully, some of our supporters can distinguish between decent squad members and starting berths which need strengthening. That's how we get extended deals for decent servants like Dyer and Routs, who in turn get pelters for the club failing to strengthen. Wingers especially are streaky so need swapping about, but the club have left the squad painfully thin.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

"Scapegoats" on 15:09 - Oct 17 with 4105 views34dfgdf54

Routs will still be a good squad player for us, but should never in a million years be starting matches for us now.

I have completely lost faith in Taylor and Fernandez though, it's time for them to be moved on, sooner rather than later. I will be amazed if Taylor becomes a successful premier league player at a different club.
(No subject) on 15:17 - Oct 17 with 4076 viewsjack247

Scapegoats isn't calling out when players have bad games, it's criticising the same player, regardless of how he has played, usually because we have lost or played badly as a team. We have had plenty of scapegoats over the last couple of years. Every player mentioned on this thread has had his fair share of games that deserve criticism, some of them get it every game regardless though.
"Scapegoats" on 15:22 - Oct 17 with 4063 viewsjacabertawe

Permanent bench warmers, IMHO:
Routledge
Naughton
Taylor
Ki
Cork
Fernandez

(For the pedants: this is as a description of their worth, not a practical option!)

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

"Scapegoats" on 15:33 - Oct 17 with 4041 viewsjack247

"Scapegoats" on 15:22 - Oct 17 by jacabertawe

Permanent bench warmers, IMHO:
Routledge
Naughton
Taylor
Ki
Cork
Fernandez

(For the pedants: this is as a description of their worth, not a practical option!)

Hard to argue with that, I'd probably add Leon and Rangel, purely on age and Dyer and Montero to the list, then you've got the likes of Kingsley and Fulton who should be pushing for the first team, but are pretty unproven yet.

Just shows how spectacularly our old board took their eye off the ball while they were trying to feather their nests. We literally have one proven central midfielder I'd say is PL quality and able to play 90 minutes each week. Even then he is a #10.
"Scapegoats" on 15:35 - Oct 17 with 4038 viewsTummer_from_Texas

"Scapegoats" on 19:43 - Oct 16 by MrSwerve

Escape goats Shirley.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

"Scapegoats" on 15:38 - Oct 17 with 4030 viewsMorfa_Same

Age catches up with all players. Rangel and Britton are reaching the end but still have a little left in the tank. I think that Routledge may have already reached the end at this level. It doesn't change the fact he's been a good player for us over the last few years.
"Scapegoats" on 15:47 - Oct 17 with 4013 viewsjack247

"Scapegoats" on 15:38 - Oct 17 by Morfa_Same

Age catches up with all players. Rangel and Britton are reaching the end but still have a little left in the tank. I think that Routledge may have already reached the end at this level. It doesn't change the fact he's been a good player for us over the last few years.

His biggest problem is he needs players around him on his wavelength. Siggy does too to a lesser extent. Surround him with players that will make short, sharp intelligent runs and play little passing triangles and he will be fine. Surround him with Taylor, Cork and Fer, then expect him to run at fullbacks and put crosses in and he is going to struggle every time.
"Scapegoats" on 16:04 - Oct 17 with 3983 viewsmax936

"Scapegoats" on 15:33 - Oct 17 by jack247

Hard to argue with that, I'd probably add Leon and Rangel, purely on age and Dyer and Montero to the list, then you've got the likes of Kingsley and Fulton who should be pushing for the first team, but are pretty unproven yet.

Just shows how spectacularly our old board took their eye off the ball while they were trying to feather their nests. We literally have one proven central midfielder I'd say is PL quality and able to play 90 minutes each week. Even then he is a #10.

When you take those 10 out of the squad there ain't much left, which proves that the squad needs a major overall, which should have been started at least 3 windows ago, we can't do that over one window it'll be madness and as you say the old board couldn't give a shit all their priorities were on getting the biggest buck they could, now we either sink or swim, January isn't the greatest window to try and get the right players in, plus we'd be paying way over the top for what are basically journey men.

Perhaps we might be better looking now at a few that are unattached with points to prove.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

"Scapegoats" on 16:05 - Oct 17 with 3981 viewsunion_jack

"Scapegoats" on 15:47 - Oct 17 by jack247

His biggest problem is he needs players around him on his wavelength. Siggy does too to a lesser extent. Surround him with players that will make short, sharp intelligent runs and play little passing triangles and he will be fine. Surround him with Taylor, Cork and Fer, then expect him to run at fullbacks and put crosses in and he is going to struggle every time.

Great if players can have a bit of telepathy going on. It does happen.

But even without it, you can work in the 'same wavelength' principle in training. I wish we bloody would!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024