Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aberfan Silence 20:44 - Oct 22 with 3071 viewsTrundle10

Immpeccable. Black armbands too. Club does this well. Kevin Johns is very good overseeing this
Aberfan Silence on 10:28 - Oct 23 with 887 viewsFieryJack

Bolton fans still give Munich 58 chants at Man U.

We have our own idiots tho. Can remember swans fans chanting Argentina at England fans when Falklands war kicked off - until those Welsh Guards on the Galahad were killed.
Aberfan Silence on 10:36 - Oct 23 with 871 viewsperchrockjack

I think you take too sanguine a view of society Andrew.

Basic decency is lacking in many

It's why there are minutes applause instead of silence as too many are unable to spout drivel for just sixty seconds or simply to hear themselves.

I've heard Aberfan chants, sick jokes too .

It's scandalous it wasn't nationwide and yeah if it had been in the south east then it would have been different.

Wales doesn't matter to those in the south east especially , neither does the north

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Aberfan Silence on 10:47 - Oct 23 with 843 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Aberfan Silence on 10:36 - Oct 23 by perchrockjack

I think you take too sanguine a view of society Andrew.

Basic decency is lacking in many

It's why there are minutes applause instead of silence as too many are unable to spout drivel for just sixty seconds or simply to hear themselves.

I've heard Aberfan chants, sick jokes too .

It's scandalous it wasn't nationwide and yeah if it had been in the south east then it would have been different.

Wales doesn't matter to those in the south east especially , neither does the north

Or in a specific area in NW England

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Aberfan Silence on 10:51 - Oct 23 with 836 viewsDarran

Lovely to see that a cracking OP has turned into this shit again.
Fair play some people just can't help themselves.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Aberfan Silence on 10:54 - Oct 23 with 824 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Aberfan Silence on 10:51 - Oct 23 by Darran

Self unaware are some, fair play

Aberfan Silence on 10:54 - Oct 23 with 818 viewsperchrockjack

No please.

There have been plenty of tragedies in Yorkshire,Scotland and north east .

Aberfan Silence on 11:00 - Oct 23 with 804 viewsDarran

Aberfan Silence on 10:54 - Oct 23 by perchrockjack

No please.

Leave it Richard the bloke is filth ignore him.

Aberfan Silence on 11:01 - Oct 23 with 801 viewsDarran

It does question your sanity when you see someone trying to point score in a thread about Aberfan mind.

Login to get fewer ads

Aberfan Silence on 11:06 - Oct 23 with 784 viewsjackportis

It's good to see silence. In recent times applause has been used. I'm sure it's a nervous and untrusting method to avoid nonsense during silences.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Aberfan Silence on 11:06 - Oct 23 with 781 viewsScoobyDoo

The 50 yr Anniversary has been respected right through Wales, as it should be, but spare a thought for those people of Aberfan that go through it every year on that date. Not bothered about the rest of Britain although i'm certain a lot of people know what went on that terrible day and are sympathetic.
Aberfan Silence on 11:23 - Oct 23 with 749 viewsRancid

Aberfan Silence on 09:45 - Oct 23 by Humpty

Senghenydd in 1913. Britains worst mining disaster. 440 dead including miners as young as 14.

Thank you Humpty, I thought I'd read it recently and it's not far off the same date as Aberfan in months not years.You hear very little of such a huge disaster because as I alluded to earlier, it was grown ups and not children mostly killed.
Aberfan Silence on 11:29 - Oct 23 with 732 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Aberfan Silence on 10:54 - Oct 23 by perchrockjack

No please.

Why are you singling out any areas at all? Horrific is horrific no matter where you are.

Aberfan Silence on 11:34 - Oct 23 with 725 viewsperchrockjack

Please ...

Simply because I believe Wales and matters within doesn't resonate with those in power in the south east.

That s why

The people who were bereaved were treated like garbage and it angers me now as it did then.

It's a long way from Aberfan to Westminster and when the tragedy unfolded it was easier for those in power to ignore than had it have been "in their faces".

That s why.

No other reason

Certainly no sardonic nor point scoring intended.

Please ,don't ever accuse me of that ,in these circumstances

Aberfan Silence on 11:37 - Oct 23 with 717 viewsSmellyplumz

RIP to all those that lost their lives at Aberfan.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Aberfan Silence on 12:41 - Oct 23 with 657 viewsLoyal

A football spin on the OP, not sure why it's a problem,

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Aberfan Silence on 12:45 - Oct 23 with 592 viewsSmellyplumz

The fking irony, your the worst on here for that but you'll deny it but that's because your an ignorance asspipe.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Aberfan Silence on 13:28 - Oct 23 with 553 viewswestside

Thought it was disgracefull that the club played air raid sirens over the loudspeakers on the day of Aberfan rememberance
Aberfan Silence on 13:39 - Oct 23 with 532 viewsperchrockjack

Think I've made my point.

No need for further comment

Aberfan Silence on 13:48 - Oct 23 with 527 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Aberfan Silence on 11:34 - Oct 23 by perchrockjack

Please ...

Simply because I believe Wales and matters within doesn't resonate with those in power in the south east.

That s why

The people who were bereaved were treated like garbage and it angers me now as it did then.

It's a long way from Aberfan to Westminster and when the tragedy unfolded it was easier for those in power to ignore than had it have been "in their faces".

That s why.

No other reason

Certainly no sardonic nor point scoring intended.

Please ,don't ever accuse me of that ,in these circumstances

I didn't. That was somebody else. I'll agree with everything you said on the Aberfan disaster and it's charity's disgraceful plundering by the coal board to clean up it's OWN mess.

The people of Aberfan compartmentalised their grief in a very Welsh way. No wailing, they just locked it up all inside. That's exactly what the psyche of the Welsh is like, and as a result the people wanted to be left alone with minimum fuss to rebuild their lives.

Should it have been more widely remembered? Over the years yes, but I think the BBC and various institutions have done a good job on this anniversary.

My old dad was moved to tears by the programmes so they had the desired effect, remembering the courage of the local people who shifted tonne upon tonne upon tonne by hand in a search which had little hope of success. Bless them all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024