Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barrow 13:19 - Oct 23 with 3667 viewsTheFranchise

He's played really well recently.

I can't be the only one looking for him to drive into the box with the ball and invite contact for a penalty am I? Players like him get fouled in the box all the time.
Barrow on 14:45 - Oct 23 with 893 viewsChrisSCFC

Barrow on 14:38 - Oct 23 by TheFranchise

I've not slated him, he's positive, I like that.

If he didn't slow down to wait for support and ran straight into the box, defenders would be wetting themselves.

He'd win us at least 10 penalties a season.

I do admire his positivity, bit of a shame he has the football IQ of a gnat.

Maybe he'll have it figured out when he's 30 or something, God speed brother.

Barrow on 15:22 - Oct 23 with 854 viewsdeanscfc

I don't know how anyone can criticize someone who has often been pretty much our only attacking threat this season.
Barrow on 16:25 - Oct 23 with 820 viewsTrundle10

Barrow on 13:52 - Oct 23 by jack247

I wouldn't say shit, just one dimensional. What he does well, he does very well. In all fairness, I didn't see the Arsenal game, but every single person I've spoken to said he was immense.

Needs to work on his off the ball movement though. Would be a lot more dangerous if he was running on to through balls instead of having to start off with a defender on him and another closing the space behind.

I agree. The way They sing Barrow song you would seear we had Christiano Ronaldi on the wing. Sums up where we are really
Barrow on 16:47 - Oct 23 with 803 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Barrow on 14:27 - Oct 23 by LeonisGod

He makes Naughton look poor as he's on the shoulder of the fullback wanting a ball over the top, even when that option isn't really on. So there's often oceans of space between them and Naughton inevitably opts for the easier ball back to a CB. Rangel/Dyer it isn't. Although their link up play was a bit better yesterday to be fair.

"So there's often oceans of space between them and Naughton inevitably opts for the easier ball back to a CB."
You must watch a different game to everybody else then, Naughton's passing stats.
Forward2 316
Backwrds 133
Key passes 12
Ave pass length 18m
Pass accuracy 82%
Barrow on 17:06 - Oct 23 with 787 viewsBanosswan

Are people slagging off someone we signed from the Swedish second division? Yes, we signed him to hopefully polish in to a diamond and it may be that it won't work. Calling him sh!t is a bit much though.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Barrow on 17:35 - Oct 23 with 774 viewsjack247

Barrow on 17:06 - Oct 23 by Banosswan

Are people slagging off someone we signed from the Swedish second division? Yes, we signed him to hopefully polish in to a diamond and it may be that it won't work. Calling him sh!t is a bit much though.

I think it's more frustration that he is our best outlet at the moment and he is clearly limited. He should be so much better than he is with the natural pace and talent he has. We would be fcked without him though in all fairness.
Barrow on 17:40 - Oct 23 with 771 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Barrow on 17:35 - Oct 23 by jack247

I think it's more frustration that he is our best outlet at the moment and he is clearly limited. He should be so much better than he is with the natural pace and talent he has. We would be fcked without him though in all fairness.

We need a midfielder that can receive the ball in the centre of the park and play him in behind the full backs. An AM and DM should be on the shopping list come January.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Barrow on 17:44 - Oct 23 with 769 viewslifelong

What I find annoying is that when Barrow or Routledge get into the box, with a clear sight of goal, they've got to try some clever flick or pass instead of putting their foot through the ball and breaking the back of the net.
Barrow did it yesterday...frustrating.
Login to get fewer ads

Barrow on 17:48 - Oct 23 with 759 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Barrow on 17:44 - Oct 23 by lifelong

What I find annoying is that when Barrow or Routledge get into the box, with a clear sight of goal, they've got to try some clever flick or pass instead of putting their foot through the ball and breaking the back of the net.

Must be partly don to confidence I think. Bradley if anyone can give them self belief

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Barrow on 17:49 - Oct 23 with 758 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The one where he tried to play Baston in? I think next time he'd smash that one

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Barrow on 17:54 - Oct 23 with 748 viewslifelong

Barrow on 17:49 - Oct 23 by NeiltheTaylor

The one where he tried to play Baston in? I think next time he'd smash that one

He'd made a great run and the ball was there to be hit, we just seem to try that one pass too many.
Barrow on 17:56 - Oct 23 with 739 viewsjack247

Barrow on 17:40 - Oct 23 by Brynmill_Jack

We need a midfielder that can receive the ball in the centre of the park and play him in behind the full backs. An AM and DM should be on the shopping list come January.

Agreed. He would need to learn to take up those positions and make those runs though.
Barrow on 17:57 - Oct 23 with 734 viewsjack247

We have had that problem with every winger since Sinclair. Agree it can be very frustrating
Barrow on 18:02 - Oct 23 with 725 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Barrow on 13:27 - Oct 23 by Joe_bradshaw

Agree with those but I also wish he wouldn't stand still when the opposition have the ball or walk back slowly leaving his full back exposed time after time. He's a very good attacking player but the defensive side to his game doesn't exist and it's not enough in today's game.

Yes, but practically ALL of our attacking was down the right side yesterday, so I'm just happy he lasted 93 minutes.

I will expect defense out of Mo when we aren't placing quite this weight of offensive responsibilities on his shoulders.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 18:06]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Barrow on 18:19 - Oct 23 with 703 viewsjack247

Barrow on 18:02 - Oct 23 by Tummer_from_Texas

Yes, but practically ALL of our attacking was down the right side yesterday, so I'm just happy he lasted 93 minutes.

I will expect defense out of Mo when we aren't placing quite this weight of offensive responsibilities on his shoulders.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 18:06]

He needs to be scoring goals or at least creating clear cut chances for that argument to stand up. Even then, it shouldn't absolve him of defensive responsibilities
Barrow on 11:21 - Oct 24 with 507 viewsjasper_T

Barrow on 17:40 - Oct 23 by Brynmill_Jack

We going to buy someone to pick Barrow up and carry him in behind as well?
Barrow on 11:25 - Oct 24 with 501 viewsOldjack

We are now relying on him too much , can't wait for Jeff to get fit , good strength on both sides = deadly

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Barrow on 11:43 - Oct 24 with 488 viewsjack247

Barrow on 11:25 - Oct 24 by Oldjack

We are now relying on him too much , can't wait for Jeff to get fit , good strength on both sides = deadly

Deadly? Routledge gets slaughtered for his lack of goals and assists, these two aren't far ahead of him.

We need one of them on the pitch, as without being able to pass through defences, we need an attacking outlet. I'd be surprised if we go with two players with little positional nous though. Good option if we are chasing a goal, but not both starting
Barrow on 12:11 - Oct 24 with 469 viewsOldjack

Barrow on 11:43 - Oct 24 by jack247

Deadly? Routledge gets slaughtered for his lack of goals and assists, these two aren't far ahead of him.

We need one of them on the pitch, as without being able to pass through defences, we need an attacking outlet. I'd be surprised if we go with two players with little positional nous though. Good option if we are chasing a goal, but not both starting

Good wingers are priceless ask any good striker ,we got two good uns FUK CHASING GAMES ,Here's a novel idea, attack in top gear from the off . Missing out on Joe who would have added some serious bite in the middle could cost us our premier league status

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Barrow on 12:16 - Oct 24 with 464 viewsGriffting

His football Intelligence needs to improve, his raw talent is undeniable. BB already said he needs to be clever with his runs, when to go inside the full back, when to hug the touch line, drop deep looking for the ball or make a run in behind. The higher line watford were playing in the first half (compared to second) was begging for a ball over the top for him to run onto and it's criminal he was not in the box for routledge's ball in the first half. On the other hand he couldn't have done much more to put it on a plate for gylfi twice in the second half. Frustrating but exciting to watch.
Barrow on 12:16 - Oct 24 with 464 viewsLegend83

Barrow on 16:47 - Oct 23 by A_Fans_Dad

"So there's often oceans of space between them and Naughton inevitably opts for the easier ball back to a CB."
You must watch a different game to everybody else then, Naughton's passing stats.
Forward2 316
Backwrds 133
Key passes 12
Ave pass length 18m
Pass accuracy 82%

As an aside, and I know stats don't always give the full picture, but Naughton's 442 dashboard was by far the best on Saturday - two chances created, and no orange symbols to be seen.

4 clearances
2 blocked shots
2 key tackles
100% interceptions
100% aerial duels won
Barrow on 12:28 - Oct 24 with 446 viewsjasper_T

Barrow on 12:11 - Oct 24 by Oldjack

Good wingers are priceless ask any good striker ,we got two good uns FUK CHASING GAMES ,Here's a novel idea, attack in top gear from the off . Missing out on Joe who would have added some serious bite in the middle could cost us our premier league status

Can't wait for Montero to start playing again so people will stop with this "he's good" nonsense.

Turns up 1 game in 5 (to be generous) and tires after 45 minutes.
Barrow on 12:35 - Oct 24 with 434 viewsLegend83

Barrow on 12:28 - Oct 24 by jasper_T

Can't wait for Montero to start playing again so people will stop with this "he's good" nonsense.

I know by Premier League standards the quality of our squad is thin but do you ever have a good thing to say about any of our players?

If Montero or Barrow were as good as the bar you seem to set then they would not be at Swansea City.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here but I get the impression you don't enjoy supporting our team?
Barrow on 12:39 - Oct 24 with 426 viewsjasper_T

Barrow on 12:35 - Oct 24 by Legend83

I know by Premier League standards the quality of our squad is thin but do you ever have a good thing to say about any of our players?

If Montero or Barrow were as good as the bar you seem to set then they would not be at Swansea City.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here but I get the impression you don't enjoy supporting our team?

I champion lots of our players against unfair criticism.

And I criticise a lot of our players when they get over-the-top praise.

The idea that we can only sign poor players is laughable. When quality moves on you replace with quality, you don't buy crap and be happy they will never leave.
Barrow on 12:52 - Oct 24 with 406 viewsOldjack

Barrow on 12:28 - Oct 24 by jasper_T

Tits, one on one i'd put my money on Jeff every day of the week to go past him. Now most teams are using two players to snuff out the threat ,space is being created but we're not using it effectively or helping Jeff out. Lets hope Bob gets to grip with this

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024