Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fabianski 10:45 - Nov 7 with 3115 viewsdcd14

Not seen a thread on him but he needs a break on the sidelines for me.

Every shot on target seems to go in this season! Even his save at Stoke from Joey ended up a goal.

Give Nordfeldt a couple of games, he surely can't do much worse IMO.
Fabianski on 15:37 - Nov 7 with 904 viewsnierika

Fabianski on 11:05 - Nov 7 by LeonWasGod

Not so sure. He's one of our few players with genuine quality, but is playing in front of a very inexperienced back 4. That's not going to be helping him at all, although agree he could have done better with at least one goal yesterday.

Yeah, the 2nd one.
Fabianski on 15:38 - Nov 7 with 888 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Fabianski on 15:34 - Nov 7 by jasper_T

He absolutely is.

He's costing us a goal almost every other game.

Whether it is failing to come collect a high ball 5 yards from his goal line or letting daisy cutter from 25 yards roll under his out stretched hands.

We're conceding far too many goals that he should be saving or catching.

The overall woeful performances of the team are hiding the fact that the keeper is putting in performances that would get him dropped at any other club. Yet he's not even questioned by most here.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Fabianski on 15:40 - Nov 7 with 885 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Fab has been fading ever since Roberts came back, he no longer commands his box the way he used to and his long distribution is poor.
For a great bit of goalkeeping take a look at Sunderland's Pickford against Bournemouth.
22 shots, 9 on target and only 1 goal, he was outstanding.

We have a replacement, so give him a rest.
Fabianski on 15:43 - Nov 7 with 895 viewsLeonWasGod

Fabianski on 15:37 - Nov 7 by nierika

Yeah, the 2nd one.

Yep, certainly he could have done better. And he's showing more of his flappyhandski tendencies these days too. Is Nordfeldt the answer? No idea but he doesn't look much different to Fab to me overall. Don't know what this Aussie is like. Again, with moral and belief so low, I'm not sure it would make much difference who's between the sticks.
Fabianski on 15:57 - Nov 7 with 884 viewsLeonWasGod

Fabianski on 15:40 - Nov 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Fab has been fading ever since Roberts came back, he no longer commands his box the way he used to and his long distribution is poor.
For a great bit of goalkeeping take a look at Sunderland's Pickford against Bournemouth.
22 shots, 9 on target and only 1 goal, he was outstanding.

We have a replacement, so give him a rest.

We've got hundreds of replacements. If only the rules allowed 4 keepers, we'd stand a bit of a chance!
Fabianski on 01:25 - Nov 8 with 798 viewsWanderer

Funny that, I always thought one of his strengths was catching the ball, then heads up and releasing a pinpoint throw to a winger on the halfway line, just like that Polish goal in the euros springs to mind.
Are our wingers currently looking to play like this?, question springs to mind.
Fabianski on 05:24 - Nov 8 with 769 viewsicecoldjack

Don't See the logic here . If it's a coaching problem then nordfelt carries the same flaws so why change.

Fab like so many others is suffering by not having enough quality around him.
It's a well know fact that playing with better players improves you, So maybe it's fair to assume playing with poor players has the opposite effect ?
Fabianski on 09:33 - Nov 8 with 734 viewsjasper_T

Fabianski on 15:38 - Nov 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He's costing us a goal almost every other game.

Whether it is failing to come collect a high ball 5 yards from his goal line or letting daisy cutter from 25 yards roll under his out stretched hands.

We're conceding far too many goals that he should be saving or catching.

The overall woeful performances of the team are hiding the fact that the keeper is putting in performances that would get him dropped at any other club. Yet he's not even questioned by most here.

Vorm was very similar, he always seemed to have a massive mistake coming, which took the shine off his shot-stopping and footballing ability.

When Tremmel first came in for us I remember feeling way more confident that he'd do the simple stuff properly, even if he couldn't make the flashy save when needed.

I shouted myself hoarse about Tony Roberts long ago, but his impact has been clear and negative since he arrived. Fabianski was genuinely world class under Javier Garcia. The change on his mentality has been dramatic (it says a lot that he's still generally one of our better performers).
Login to get fewer ads

Fabianski on 09:44 - Nov 8 with 725 viewsShonky

Fabianski on 05:24 - Nov 8 by icecoldjack

Don't See the logic here . If it's a coaching problem then nordfelt carries the same flaws so why change.

Fab like so many others is suffering by not having enough quality around him.
It's a well know fact that playing with better players improves you, So maybe it's fair to assume playing with poor players has the opposite effect ?

"Don't See the logic here . If it's a coaching problem then nordfelt carries the same flaws so why change. "

That post is mind bogglingly stupid. Coaches are supposed bring out abilities. They can only reveal what is there. You suggest that every goalkeeper that has the same coach is the same goalkeeper. And then you talk about logic. Pffft.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 9:45]

Its just a ride...

Fabianski on 15:48 - Nov 8 with 677 viewsicecoldjack

Fabianski on 09:44 - Nov 8 by Shonky

"Don't See the logic here . If it's a coaching problem then nordfelt carries the same flaws so why change. "

That post is mind bogglingly stupid. Coaches are supposed bring out abilities. They can only reveal what is there. You suggest that every goalkeeper that has the same coach is the same goalkeeper. And then you talk about logic. Pffft.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 9:45]

Maybe you mis understood or rather I didn't put my point a cross correctly.

My point was that if he isn't getting the best out of fab then maybe he would t get the best out of nordfelt .

It's a fair assumption to make.

Moot point anyway, unless you are there watching them every single day you don't actualy have a clue what's going on, maybe fabianski can't be bothered to improve but has a minimum game clause in his contract so doesn t stay sharp.

Maybe the coaches are bringing out all the abilities in training but fab doesn't carry it out, Who knows !

I take your point though none the less.
Fabianski on 17:56 - Nov 8 with 643 viewsShonky

Fabianski on 15:48 - Nov 8 by icecoldjack

Maybe you mis understood or rather I didn't put my point a cross correctly.

My point was that if he isn't getting the best out of fab then maybe he would t get the best out of nordfelt .

It's a fair assumption to make.

Moot point anyway, unless you are there watching them every single day you don't actualy have a clue what's going on, maybe fabianski can't be bothered to improve but has a minimum game clause in his contract so doesn t stay sharp.

Maybe the coaches are bringing out all the abilities in training but fab doesn't carry it out, Who knows !

I take your point though none the less.

Fair enough.
The wrong coach for Fabianski may be the right coach for Nordfelt.

Its just a ride...

Fabianski on 18:33 - Nov 8 with 616 viewsperchrockjack

As an international keeper he should know to do.

There again, at the Euros he did the same thing at every penalty ,which was to dive virtually before the ball was kicked.

He needs a spell on the bench

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Fabianski on 18:58 - Nov 8 with 599 viewsStarsky

What did Roberts ever achieve as a goalkeeper that makes him suitable to coach Swanseas international goalkeepers?

Let's get a proper thoroughbred coach in FFS.

It's just the internet, init.

Fabianski on 19:03 - Nov 8 with 592 viewscwmdonkinjack

Fabianski on 11:13 - Nov 7 by jackportis

Can't dai Davies step in? Best keeper ever played for us. Fact

Dai Davies, you must be joking. We might have stayed in Division 1 longer if we'd stuck with Dave Stewart, who was a much better keeper. I'd also place Jimmy Rimmer, Crudgington, Big Willy and especially Roger Roger in front of Teflon Davies
Fabianski on 23:01 - Nov 8 with 552 viewsShonky

Dai Davies almost got run over whilst he was playing for us, but luckily the car went through his legs.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 23:01]

Its just a ride...

Fabianski on 00:28 - Nov 9 with 467 viewsjasper_T

Fabianski on 18:58 - Nov 8 by Starsky

What did Roberts ever achieve as a goalkeeper that makes him suitable to coach Swanseas international goalkeepers?

Let's get a proper thoroughbred coach in FFS.

He was at Arsenal for years as a coach and David Seaman was a big supporter of him.

Was also a top division goalkeeper himself.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2016 0:28]
Fabianski on 06:50 - Nov 9 with 449 viewsSwansNZ

Fabianski on 12:05 - Nov 7 by UplandsJack

I've said it before on here....
The problem isn't Fabianski ( though I agree he's not in great form currently) but the clown or should I say goalkeeping coach.... Tony Roberts is a laughing stock!!

Since Guido left with most of our coaching staff, I assume Tony Roberts has an even greater influence in training. We're f*cked

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024