Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
it,s him 11:30 - Dec 30 with 7643 viewsspiderboy

been told in good faith,paul clements our new manager
it,s him on 15:17 - Dec 30 with 1739 viewsAl_Bundy

it,s him on 15:14 - Dec 30 by tomdickharry

Our aim is to stay in the PL so why would we chose Clement before Marcelino.

What is the bigger challenge?

Staying up this year or getting back up next season?
it,s him on 15:18 - Dec 30 with 1730 viewsTrundle10

it,s him on 15:14 - Dec 30 by tomdickharry

Our aim is to stay in the PL so why would we chose Clement before Marcelino.

Erm, because one wanted to come here and the other didnt?
it,s him on 15:22 - Dec 30 with 1714 views34dfgdf54

it,s him on 15:18 - Dec 30 by Trundle10

Erm, because one wanted to come here and the other didnt?

Did Marcelino turn us down then?
it,s him on 15:26 - Dec 30 with 1682 viewsDafyddHuw

it,s him on 15:11 - Dec 30 by Al_Bundy

Problem we have is the club from top to bottom think we have a good squad worthy of this division.

Sadly we haven't , and no manager is going to come in and change that fact without a major investment of quality players which we will not shell out on next month.

The club is not going to throw cash and recruit without any conviction this window knowing full well it could put the club in a dire position financially next season in the Championship.

The damage is done in my view and quite rightly pointed out by other posters that the transfer dealings in the last 18 month is why we are in this position today and the managers have struggled with the quality within the squad.

Who would have thought that Rangel Britton and Routledge would still be the backbone of our side 6 seasons into our premier lifetime? that is just madness. Coupled with a long string of buying rubbish by HJ and recently not even replacing the quality we had is why we will be relegated this season. Negative maybe !?! .. can anybody hand on heart think we can get to 36 points this season? we would have to double our points tally from the first half of the season!! not a chance with what we have !

Whoever comes in will have to have one eye on the Championship next season like it or not.

The small chance we have is we come 1st or 2nd in our league of 5 which gets us safe , as it stands on quality commitment leadership and desire we will not succeed sadly.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 15:13]

I'm sorry, but the mods should pull this post.

Far, far too sensible for this site.
it,s him on 15:32 - Dec 30 with 1655 viewsharryhpalmer

it,s him on 15:15 - Dec 30 by exiledclaseboy

Well neither of them has any experience of a PL relegation battle.

well whoever comes in will need something akin to a 50% win ratio to get us to 40 points.

28 points. near enough 10 wins in 20 games.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

it,s him on 15:43 - Dec 30 with 1605 viewsJackBaston

it,s him on 15:32 - Dec 30 by harryhpalmer

well whoever comes in will need something akin to a 50% win ratio to get us to 40 points.

28 points. near enough 10 wins in 20 games.

i dont know why people keep going on about 38-40 points

the teams that'll go down will be around the 30-33 mark this season, mark my words
it,s him on 15:48 - Dec 30 with 1566 viewsAl_Bundy

it,s him on 15:43 - Dec 30 by JackBaston

i dont know why people keep going on about 38-40 points

the teams that'll go down will be around the 30-33 mark this season, mark my words

Think you're right.. 35 0r 36 points may be enough.
it,s him on 15:51 - Dec 30 with 1540 viewsharryhpalmer

it,s him on 15:48 - Dec 30 by Al_Bundy

either way, if it's Clement, he will need to hit his 42% win ratio at Derby to keep us up even if it's early 30s in points total to stay up.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Login to get fewer ads

it,s him on 15:52 - Dec 30 with 1523 views34dfgdf54

it,s him on 15:51 - Dec 30 by harryhpalmer

either way, if it's Clement, he will need to hit his 42% win ratio at Derby to keep us up even if it's early 30s in points total to stay up.

42% win ratio we would breeze to safety wouldn't we?

That is never going to happen mind you.
it,s him on 15:53 - Dec 30 with 1508 viewsmonmouth

it,s him on 15:48 - Dec 30 by Al_Bundy

37 normally is. All this 40 point yack is just usually garbage. We need to get out of the bottom three and then do better than them. That's 5 points better than Palace (or 7 better than Boro), two better than Sundo and just better than Hull over 20 games. Given hat we have to play them all, this is doable*. Points totals are, well, pointless.

*Sort of, ish, with a massive following wind and some new players.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

it,s him on 15:56 - Dec 30 with 1479 viewsJackBaston

6 wins and 3 draws
or 7 wins i think
out of 19 games thats only what 35% win ratio ish?
it,s him on 16:00 - Dec 30 with 1439 viewsdailew

Didn't realise he is Dave Clement's son. That was a sad story.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

it,s him on 16:05 - Dec 30 with 1407 viewslondonlisa2001

it,s him on 16:00 - Dec 30 by dailew

Didn't realise he is Dave Clement's son. That was a sad story.

And Neil Clement's brother.

Sad story indeed though.
it,s him on 16:07 - Dec 30 with 1396 viewsTheCooler

it,s him on 15:26 - Dec 30 by DafyddHuw

I'm sorry, but the mods should pull this post.

Far, far too sensible for this site.

Agree 100%

Getting back up isn't the b all either, sorting out the mess that HJ has created has to be the first priority and unloading a lot of the deadwood lurking around the changing room.

January will be interesting, could say once and for all if the plan is for a soft landing in the championship. Unload some of the high earners and bring in some on short term low wage contracts who just want premiership game time. Include Rowett in that scenario, he's unemployed with fxxx all to lose.

Curt's body language says he has accepted we're down.
it,s him on 16:13 - Dec 30 with 1361 viewsAngelRangelQS

it,s him on 15:53 - Dec 30 by monmouth

37 normally is. All this 40 point yack is just usually garbage. We need to get out of the bottom three and then do better than them. That's 5 points better than Palace (or 7 better than Boro), two better than Sundo and just better than Hull over 20 games. Given hat we have to play them all, this is doable*. Points totals are, well, pointless.

*Sort of, ish, with a massive following wind and some new players.

40 is just seen as an aim on the basis that a couple of teams have gone down on 39 in the last.

Whether it's 36, 38 or 40, we've got a hell of a job to hit it
it,s him on 16:18 - Dec 30 with 1237 viewsVetchitBack

Will Swansea City fans be dancing the Clem Fandango come May?

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

it,s him on 16:25 - Dec 30 with 1187 viewsairedale

it,s him on 15:17 - Dec 30 by Al_Bundy

What is the bigger challenge?

Staying up this year or getting back up next season?

Bloody hell, that's a toughie. If I had to give an opinion, I'd say getting back up would be the most difficult.
it,s him on 16:31 - Dec 30 with 1148 viewscostalotta

it,s him on 16:25 - Dec 30 by airedale

Bloody hell, that's a toughie. If I had to give an opinion, I'd say getting back up would be the most difficult.

Is the right answer...
it,s him on 16:41 - Dec 30 with 1075 viewsbermudajack

it,s him on 15:15 - Dec 30 by exiledclaseboy

Well neither of them has any experience of a PL relegation battle.

The joke that is Huw Jenkins continues to infect this club with his greed and controlling ego...

I will support, hope & pray that whoever is our new manager comes good, the problem I have is that Huw is yet again running scared of the idea of someone else making the decisions, when his own decision making has been incredibly poor of late.

So with his recent track record why is he still at our club? And who thought it was a good idea to trust his judgement on picking our new manager?

Huw will never relinquish the reigns to anyone unless forced to do so. Harry Redknapp never had a chance.

Another yes man is what Huw demands... and that's what he's chosen yet again whilst we all cross our fingers and hope that this time... he's got it right.

Good luck Mr Clement - Jenkins OUT

Poll: Priority for new manager?

it,s him on 16:50 - Dec 30 with 1006 viewsGriffting

personally, I see this as a third/fourth choice simply because anybody who is not a big risk just isn't wanting this gig in the situation we are in.

I do believe clement will be a good manager/coach in the long term, but are we willing to give him the time to build something? Who knows.
it,s him on 16:57 - Dec 30 with 933 views34dfgdf54

it,s him on 16:50 - Dec 30 by Griffting

personally, I see this as a third/fourth choice simply because anybody who is not a big risk just isn't wanting this gig in the situation we are in.

I do believe clement will be a good manager/coach in the long term, but are we willing to give him the time to build something? Who knows.

No choice, he simply has to be given time.
it,s him on 16:58 - Dec 30 with 919 viewsKilkennyjack

it,s him on 16:50 - Dec 30 by Griffting

Harry seemed keen.

Beware of the Risen People

it,s him on 17:02 - Dec 30 with 885 viewsPentyrchJack

it,s him on 12:14 - Dec 30 by pencoedjack

With supporters like you probably

Fair play, you don't get to be number 2 at Bayern Munich unless you are quality

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

it,s him on 17:16 - Dec 30 with 826 viewsRevJames

it,s him on 13:09 - Dec 30 by 34dfgdf54

I don't believe Clements will have the tools to keep us up if I'm being honest with the time we have left in the season. But if given time and funds, he could build a decent squad for the Championship and an assault on getting back here on first time of asking.

Completely pointless appointment if we his objective is keeping us up, and failing that will be sacked. He needs to be given time no matter how results look for the remainder of this season.

I stick with my opinion though, out of all the names mentioned, only Redknapp will give us a fighting chance of staying up short term.

Whoever the Manager is will need the resources to keep us up.

Would Harry stick around if we went down? Unlikely.

If it's Clement, unless he has a complete mare over the next few months, he's more likely to be the longer term solution. He'll probably also have a good few contacts in Europe that could help strengthen the squad.

On the subject of the squad, if this lot don't pull their fingers out starting from tomorrow, no manager is going to have much joy between now and the end of the season
it,s him on 18:10 - Dec 30 with 715 views3swan

Talks started?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-hold-talk
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024