Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sigurdson 17:00 - Dec 31 with 3647 viewsLord_Bony

Will he be gone in January?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sigurdson on 12:00 - Jan 1 with 1005 viewsnierika

Sigurdsson*
Sigurdson on 12:03 - Jan 1 with 1002 viewsnierika

I'd love the hear the origin of the phrase "on peanuts."
Sigurdson on 13:17 - Jan 1 with 966 viewsjasper_T

Sigurdson on 11:42 - Jan 1 by Brynmill_Jack

This is going to be unpopular but I'd get rid in January if the price was right.

I would replace him with two midfielders, a new metronome to take the weight off Leon's shoulders and a more direct and incisive AM. It's not Siggurdson's fault as our entire midfield is clueless but just having a player on the field to take free kicks and corners is a luxury our club can't afford at the moment.

I would certainly give Fer a go behind the striker because I think it's the only position he can actually play properly. He hasn't got any defensive ability at all.

Gylfi is a good player when the going is good but he's suffering more than most in our current malaise.

More direct than Gylfi? Half his problem is he keeps trying killer through balls to no one forking over possession all the time.

We're not buying two decent players for the money Gylfi would bring in.
Sigurdson on 13:31 - Jan 1 with 951 viewsRancid

It's an old cliche but form is temporary and class is permanent.We know he can play in our system and with the right players around him he can still be our starman.

Admittedly he's been dogshite so far this season and looks out of place but i put that down to the ever changing system, personnel and just poor quality all around him.

I'd keep him for now but he needs to turn it on from now til May or we should sell in the summer.Selling him in January wouldn't be good I don't think.Bring a few fresh faces in and then see how he gels with them before casting him aside.
Sigurdson on 18:46 - Jan 1 with 891 viewsMatlock_Jack

Sigurdson on 17:21 - Dec 31 by dobjack2

Just because he is playing poorly this season in a garbage side doesn't mean that we won't have decent bids for him.

End of last season and European championship is what talent spotters will consider and that this season he is being dragged down by the dross around him.

In my view, there will be bids; depends whether we can balance the hit in him leaving, with quality signed to supplant him.

That's the problem and (unless it's youngsters on loan) will probably cost considerable money.
Sigurdson on 19:24 - Jan 1 with 857 viewsFlashberryjack

Sigurdson on 11:42 - Jan 1 by Brynmill_Jack

This is going to be unpopular but I'd get rid in January if the price was right.

I would replace him with two midfielders, a new metronome to take the weight off Leon's shoulders and a more direct and incisive AM. It's not Siggurdson's fault as our entire midfield is clueless but just having a player on the field to take free kicks and corners is a luxury our club can't afford at the moment.

I would certainly give Fer a go behind the striker because I think it's the only position he can actually play properly. He hasn't got any defensive ability at all.

Gylfi is a good player when the going is good but he's suffering more than most in our current malaise.

"Take the weight off Leons Shoulders"

Been a great player.......but the operative word here is "BEEN" as shyte as we are, he shouldn't be anywhere near the team, and that is one of the reasons why we are where we are.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sigurdson on 19:45 - Jan 1 with 820 viewsTheResurrection

Wow good thread for this site. Impressed!!

And yes, 100% sell the one trick pony. I still think there'll be interest and I genuinely think it would be good money. We have to hope this gets reinvested otherwise it's all for nothing anyway.

Also, I seriously doubt he'll ever go on to have a better career than the one he's had already. He'll do a job for a bottom half Premier League team but they will soon find the same problems we and Spurs have had. He's too slow and awkward to play number 10 effectively and they'll try him inside left or right til they sell on again.

£20m plus in these inflated times and January.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Sigurdson on 19:50 - Jan 1 with 799 viewsLoyal

Along with
Dyer
Routledge
Taylor
Naughton
Cork
Barrow
Montero
Etc ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Sigurdson on 19:55 - Jan 1 with 779 viewsMurph75

He's the only one that's been exempt from being dropped this season. Maybe a run on the bench will be what golden balls needs.
Sigurdson on 19:55 - Jan 1 with 776 views3swan

Sigurdson on 19:45 - Jan 1 by TheResurrection

And yes, 100% sell the one trick pony. I still think there'll be interest and I genuinely think it would be good money. We have to hope this gets reinvested otherwise it's all for nothing anyway.

Also, I seriously doubt he'll ever go on to have a better career than the one he's had already. He'll do a job for a bottom half Premier League team but they will soon find the same problems we and Spurs have had. He's too slow and awkward to play number 10 effectively and they'll try him inside left or right til they sell on again.

Yes I would sell at that price, for the reasons you give, plenty of running but lots of wasted energy.

The only problem as proved in the summer is the replacement. The whole team needs a balance to it.
Sigurdson on 20:04 - Jan 1 with 761 viewslonglostjack

Sigurdson on 19:55 - Jan 1 by 3swan

Yes I would sell at that price, for the reasons you give, plenty of running but lots of wasted energy.

The only problem as proved in the summer is the replacement. The whole team needs a balance to it.

And therein lies the problem. Would the money be fully reinvested in the squad? Put me down as dubious.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Sigurdson on 20:07 - Jan 1 with 748 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sigurdson on 19:45 - Jan 1 by TheResurrection

100% agree

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sigurdson on 20:07 - Jan 1 with 748 viewsCooperman

If we sign Caulker then those in charge are definitely preparing for life in the second tier. Therefore we may as well get shot of him now whilst there is an opportunity to inflate his selling price.

What a truly staggering position to be in. We are screwed.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Sigurdson on 20:09 - Jan 1 with 738 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sigurdson on 19:55 - Jan 1 by Murph75

He's the only one that's been exempt from being dropped this season. Maybe a run on the bench will be what golden balls needs.

I've been thinking the same for ages. Fer can only really play that position and his physicality would give teans headaches when he runs at their centre halves

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sigurdson on 20:16 - Jan 1 with 707 viewsCooperman

Sigurdson on 20:09 - Jan 1 by Brynmill_Jack

I've been thinking the same for ages. Fer can only really play that position and his physicality would give teans headaches when he runs at their centre halves

Then bring Gylfi off the bench on around 60 mins when Fer starts blowing out of his arse.

We'll never do it though.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Sigurdson on 20:17 - Jan 1 with 515 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

I wouldn't sell him. He's one of the top scoring midfielders in the whole league.

That's a one-trick I'd prefer to keep around for the rest of the season. He has been dogsh*t in open play, granted, but he does have it about him to be so much better in a settled system. I'd rather keep him and charge Clement with getting the best out of him than sell him in a nihilistic hissy-fit.

From what I've read, Clement is most familiar with a 433 formation, so maybe playing Gylfi as one of those front 3 will get more out of him - he seems to be trying to do everything at the moment, thrashing around wasting energy. Put him either side of Llorente in a front 3 and tell him to focus on creativity and not running himself into the ground in centre-mid.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Sigurdson on 20:20 - Jan 1 with 502 viewsEilian

I've never really liked Siggi in the no10 position.

Like other have said though, it's then going out and replacing him is the problem.

Going on recent years we will almost definitely end up with an over paid barely suitable replacement.

Also what sort of wages is he on? It seems that its the wages paid out over recent seasons that is killing us more than anything! Is there anyone else we can flog that is choking us? what sort of wonga is jeff on for example?
Sigurdson on 20:26 - Jan 1 with 474 viewsTheResurrection

Sigurdson on 20:17 - Jan 1 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I wouldn't sell him. He's one of the top scoring midfielders in the whole league.

That's a one-trick I'd prefer to keep around for the rest of the season. He has been dogsh*t in open play, granted, but he does have it about him to be so much better in a settled system. I'd rather keep him and charge Clement with getting the best out of him than sell him in a nihilistic hissy-fit.

From what I've read, Clement is most familiar with a 433 formation, so maybe playing Gylfi as one of those front 3 will get more out of him - he seems to be trying to do everything at the moment, thrashing around wasting energy. Put him either side of Llorente in a front 3 and tell him to focus on creativity and not running himself into the ground in centre-mid.

You need to correct something glaringly obvious.

He's a top scoring penalty kick (PK) taker.... So like I said... One trick pony.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 20:41]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Sigurdson on 20:40 - Jan 1 with 447 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Sigurdson on 20:26 - Jan 1 by TheResurrection

You need to correct something glaringly obvious.

He's a top scoring penalty kick (PK) taker.... So like I said... One trick pony.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 20:41]

And free-kicks.

Isn't that a trick we could do with for the rest of the season? If you could guarantee me that the money we got for him was spent on a couple of players that made a major difference to us, then fair enough, but I can't see it happening. The players we'll sign are the players we'd sign irrespective of Gylfi being sold, so it's not a risk worth taking for me.

He has assets enough for us to keep him around for the next manager to work with. Not worth getting rid just before a new manager comes in. Surely we're not forgetting the many times Gylfi has scored/assisted from open play in the past? His link-up play with Bony? He can do what we want, we just need to get it out of him.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Sigurdson on 20:47 - Jan 1 with 418 viewsOldjack

Sigurdson on 11:56 - Jan 1 by tomdickharry

The new Manager should decide who goes/comes in and no one else.

Absolutely

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Sigurdson on 21:01 - Jan 1 with 386 viewsTheResurrection

Sigurdson on 20:40 - Jan 1 by FearOfAJackPlanet

And free-kicks.

Isn't that a trick we could do with for the rest of the season? If you could guarantee me that the money we got for him was spent on a couple of players that made a major difference to us, then fair enough, but I can't see it happening. The players we'll sign are the players we'd sign irrespective of Gylfi being sold, so it's not a risk worth taking for me.

He has assets enough for us to keep him around for the next manager to work with. Not worth getting rid just before a new manager comes in. Surely we're not forgetting the many times Gylfi has scored/assisted from open play in the past? His link-up play with Bony? He can do what we want, we just need to get it out of him.

True, he does score the odd free kick. Is it just the one this season?

And the whole point of selling him would be to reinvest.

If that wasn't to happen the whole discussion is irrelevant.

Sigurdson on 21:08 - Jan 1 with 370 viewsjesushchrist

Sigurdson on 17:59 - Dec 31 by controversial_jack

What are you on about, he can't even do the bascis right

It's difficult to get the basics right with that useless tw@t behind him ruining every attack before it gets to him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024