Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. 09:49 - Jan 15 with 12706 viewsMyFinalHeaven

What we must realize about these new owners is that they're capitalists. They make their money buying up stocks, doing nothing but sitting on them, and then selling them for a profit. They have yet to put a single penny into this club, and nor will they ever will.

If it has not been already damningly apparent, this club is just like another stock purchase to them. Whether it's tech, pharmaceuticals, or alternative energy, capitalists are always looking to exploit the latest and greatest craze, and unfortunately for us, the latest craze for predatory investors is football.

Let's not making it anything but crystal clear: Levien and Kaplan thought this was going to be easy. They thought it would just be like any other of their previous investments, and the plan was always to sit back and watch as the skyrocketing TV deals increased the value of SCFC year after year before selling for a nifty profit. I have it on good authority that Levien has already made more trips to the UK in 6 months than he had imagined he would make in a few years as owner. As we have already seen, he along with the rest of his scumbag partners thought they could just buy the club and do nothing but defer to Huw Jenkins to ensure that the Premier League club they had bought stayed one. After the takeover, Levien gushed about how he had watched A Jack to a King, how he was amazed at how well run this club is, and how incredible the guy at the helm (Jenkins) is, claiming that all of our successes post Petty era was down to him, and even referred to Jenkins as a "tremendous football mind."

No doubt it has since hit him as clean as a knockout punch from Mike Tyson how hysterically wrong he was about Jenkins and his ability to run a football club, as too his own ability (or complete lack of) to own and preside over a team. These new owners have seriously, and I mean seriously underestimated just how difficult it is to run a club in the Premier League and what is required to keep a club in the top flight. Unfortunately though, these revelations have clearly not hit hard enough, as Jenkins remains at the helm and our transfer business remains inadequate as ever.

Nevertheless, do not buy these owners frequent talk about how they plan on being "long term owners"--it is just pure and utter bullshit, just like the all the rest of their statements. Venture capitalists never ever stick around for the long term, and if you ask me, Levien had let it slip just how "long" he wanted to stick around here during his first press conference, when he said that his goal was for the club "to be in a better place in five years." No doubt that is the time him and his partners were planning on exiting after having sold us for a nice profit.

Their message in yesterday's programme against Arsenal, where they once again disparaged the supporters and even deflected the blame from their own disasters onto us, was a pathetic attempt and a downright insulting plea to the fans to be nice, stay silent, and back them despite all their failures and despite having treated us like utter sh*t. This is beyond unacceptable, and frankly, it is the final straw. If we ran Tony Petty out of town, then I have no idea how we haven't ran these mother fvckers out yet. Not only is it long overdue, but our future depends on it. We will go nowhere but down so long as Jason Levien and Stephen Kaplan are the Swansea City owners.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 9:54]

Come on you Swans.

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 11:29 - Jan 15 with 2680 viewsAngelRangelQS

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 11:16 - Jan 15 by Flashberryjack

The OP obviously went over your head.
So I'll repeat it.
The Americans haven't invested any money into the club.

Any money we may or may not spend in the transfer window will not come from the Americans pockets.

Did anyone apart from Chris Wathan actually think they'd put in money from their own pockets?
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 11:33 - Jan 15 with 2661 viewsdobjack2

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 11:29 - Jan 15 by AngelRangelQS

Did anyone apart from Chris Wathan actually think they'd put in money from their own pockets?

Did he think it or did he regurgitate the propaganda he was provided with?
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 11:42 - Jan 15 with 2633 viewsThornburyswan

Think that's pretty accurate, although as we've had an average net negative spend (in terms of in/outs on transfers) for the the last 5 years, I also don't think it's overly surprising or unexpected.

The interesting challenge for our new American friends is whether they are willing to take a few calculated risks in this window to try & stay up (I don't see Ollsen or Carroll as counting as that), have accepted the likely drop to the Championship & will stick on a bounce back strategy or are in full on 'what the hell have we done' panic mode.

I strongly suspect their pre-purchase DD was all around the off-field analysis & didn't reveal what a weak first team squad we have.
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 11:42 - Jan 15 with 2633 viewsAngelRangelQS

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 11:33 - Jan 15 by dobjack2

Did he think it or did he regurgitate the propaganda he was provided with?

Well he swallowed it like a good boy whatever he thought
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 12:02 - Jan 15 with 2568 viewsMyFinalHeaven

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 11:42 - Jan 15 by Thornburyswan

Think that's pretty accurate, although as we've had an average net negative spend (in terms of in/outs on transfers) for the the last 5 years, I also don't think it's overly surprising or unexpected.

The interesting challenge for our new American friends is whether they are willing to take a few calculated risks in this window to try & stay up (I don't see Ollsen or Carroll as counting as that), have accepted the likely drop to the Championship & will stick on a bounce back strategy or are in full on 'what the hell have we done' panic mode.

I strongly suspect their pre-purchase DD was all around the off-field analysis & didn't reveal what a weak first team squad we have.

"I strongly suspect their pre-purchase DD was all around the off-field analysis & didn't reveal what a weak first team squad we have."

Nah. It's clear that the entirety of their due diligence was done by watching A Jack to A King. Levien admitted it himself, and he said that much of his decision to buy the club came from what he saw it that pathetic propaganda piece. It's funny--pretty much all of what he said about us in his interviews before and shortly after the takeover was about how amazing Jenkins is and how great of a story JTAK was. He probably hasn't a clue about what went on with this club before 2002--ask him who Ivor Allchurch or Cyril Pearce is and he'll probably scratch his head thinking they're the names of a couple indie bands.

Due diligence wasn't required to know what a weak first team we had. Anyone with half a brain could see it. Unfortunately for us we have owners who are indeed missing half their cranium, nimrods who thought we had a squad capable of staying up and thought appointing a fourth rate clown of a manager would be the answer.

You got to hand it to Jenkins and his cronies. They took millions of club money to make an advertisement to sell the team, and it ended up doing just that.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 12:07]

Come on you Swans.

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 12:06 - Jan 15 with 2526 viewsAngelRangelQS

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 12:02 - Jan 15 by MyFinalHeaven

"I strongly suspect their pre-purchase DD was all around the off-field analysis & didn't reveal what a weak first team squad we have."

Nah. It's clear that the entirety of their due diligence was done by watching A Jack to A King. Levien admitted it himself, and he said that much of his decision to buy the club came from what he saw it that pathetic propaganda piece. It's funny--pretty much all of what he said about us in his interviews before and shortly after the takeover was about how amazing Jenkins is and how great of a story JTAK was. He probably hasn't a clue about what went on with this club before 2002--ask him who Ivor Allchurch or Cyril Pearce is and he'll probably scratch his head thinking they're the names of a couple indie bands.

Due diligence wasn't required to know what a weak first team we had. Anyone with half a brain could see it. Unfortunately for us we have owners who are indeed missing half their cranium, nimrods who thought we had a squad capable of staying up and thought appointing a fourth rate clown of a manager would be the answer.

You got to hand it to Jenkins and his cronies. They took millions of club money to make an advertisement to sell the team, and it ended up doing just that.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 12:07]

Not only did they think we had a squad strong enough to stay up, they thought we could get away with selling two key members of it
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 12:18 - Jan 15 with 2473 viewsJango

The wage turnover was high, the tv money has nearly doubled and the wages will have stayed about the same if not dropped due to the players that have left.
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 12:20 - Jan 15 with 2459 viewsheadcleaner

Of thw 15 mill spent so far (if it's really that much) won't most of that have come from the 8 million we are paid this month from man city for Bony? Coincidence or not? The rest being from the agreed overdraft?

No new money has been put into scfc and won't either. Any rebuild money from relegation will come from sales in the summer after player with relegation clauses have their wages slashed nd ones who don't will be out the door asap
Login to get fewer ads

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 12:23 - Jan 15 with 2453 viewsdobjack2

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 12:06 - Jan 15 by AngelRangelQS

Not only did they think we had a squad strong enough to stay up, they thought we could get away with selling two key members of it

They thought Amat would replace Williams seamlessly- they were not alone in thinking that. Our performance against West Ham last season must have helped in this.

As Ayew finished the season at centre forward they thought that baston would replace the goals. No thought about how he or we play.

Computer game decisions by a director of football with no football background assisted by a manager whose job was to coach the players he was given.
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 12:52 - Jan 15 with 2369 viewsMyFinalHeaven

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 12:20 - Jan 15 by headcleaner

Of thw 15 mill spent so far (if it's really that much) won't most of that have come from the 8 million we are paid this month from man city for Bony? Coincidence or not? The rest being from the agreed overdraft?

No new money has been put into scfc and won't either. Any rebuild money from relegation will come from sales in the summer after player with relegation clauses have their wages slashed nd ones who don't will be out the door asap

Great post this.

And you're right. It's not £15m. It's really £13.5m. According to all the most reputable sources, Narsingh cost £4m, Olsson cost £5m, and Carroll cost £4.5m.

Come on you Swans.

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 13:00 - Jan 15 with 2347 viewsBorojack

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 12:52 - Jan 15 by MyFinalHeaven

Great post this.

And you're right. It's not £15m. It's really £13.5m. According to all the most reputable sources, Narsingh cost £4m, Olsson cost £5m, and Carroll cost £4.5m.

You don't know that it's 13.5 million some reports are suggesting that the Carroll fee will be nearer 8 or 9 million with add-ons.
Which would then push it up to 17 or 18 million and that's not including sign on fees.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 13:10 - Jan 15 with 2310 viewsMyFinalHeaven

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 13:00 - Jan 15 by Borojack

You don't know that it's 13.5 million some reports are suggesting that the Carroll fee will be nearer 8 or 9 million with add-ons.
Which would then push it up to 17 or 18 million and that's not including sign on fees.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10727694/tom-carroll-to-have-swanse

The base price is 4.5m. We have no idea whether he will ever meet those performance/appearance/achievement based add-ons so for the time being we've only spent 13.5m.

Come on you Swans.

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 14:27 - Jan 15 with 2138 viewsdeanscfc

Excellent post.

They came and the soundbites suggested that they would be investing. Then again in this window there were suggestions they would do what was needed to keep us up...yet our targets seem to be in the range of £ 3-6million players. Would be fine if we were sitting nicely in 8th position snd just needed the odd touch up but this squad needs major surgery and investement. They should be going all out and paying above and beyond to tempt some top players here but as you say they can't be bothered - it is just an investment to them and they haven't learned that we will go down without them spending.
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 14:33 - Jan 15 with 2121 viewsLoyal

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 09:58 - Jan 15 by Borojack

We are on the verge of spending 15 million approximately on 3 players.
How much do you suggest we spend then the wage turnover is the highest in the league as well.
Plus the accounts recently showed a 21 million loss.
Yes can spend spend spend if you want to end up like the next Portsmouth that is.

I realise your point on the debt. But I have doubts regardless of the source our wage bill is anywhere near as high as manchester untied etc ..

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 14:45 - Jan 15 with 2081 viewsdobjack2

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 14:27 - Jan 15 by deanscfc

Excellent post.

They came and the soundbites suggested that they would be investing. Then again in this window there were suggestions they would do what was needed to keep us up...yet our targets seem to be in the range of £ 3-6million players. Would be fine if we were sitting nicely in 8th position snd just needed the odd touch up but this squad needs major surgery and investement. They should be going all out and paying above and beyond to tempt some top players here but as you say they can't be bothered - it is just an investment to them and they haven't learned that we will go down without them spending.

I disagree buying average players in that price bracket instead of buying quality players that suited our style of play is one of the reasons we are in this mess.
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 14:47 - Jan 15 with 1950 viewsAngelRangelQS

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 14:33 - Jan 15 by Loyal

I realise your point on the debt. But I have doubts regardless of the source our wage bill is anywhere near as high as manchester untied etc ..

United have multi sponsorship of tens and tens of millions per deal

They sell out a 75,000 seater stadium every other week

They sell millions of shirts worldwide

It's not hard to believe that their % wage spend is less than ours
There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 14:51 - Jan 15 with 1944 viewsBorojack

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 14:33 - Jan 15 by Loyal

The wage against turnover was the highest in the league 83 % I think maybe a bit lower now with Ayew Williams and part of Gomis wage off the books.
But Llorente and Baston will be on high wages I would imagine.
But the OP was hinting at the new owners gifting us cash which is just not going to happen.
We are in a fukcing mess but in my opinion most of that is due to the selling board who were custodians of the club not the Yanks.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 15:40 - Jan 15 with 1893 viewsbermudajack

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 14:51 - Jan 15 by Borojack

The wage against turnover was the highest in the league 83 % I think maybe a bit lower now with Ayew Williams and part of Gomis wage off the books.
But the OP was hinting at the new owners gifting us cash which is just not going to happen.
We are in a fukcing mess but in my opinion most of that is due to the selling board who were custodians of the club not the Yanks.

It's becoming plainly obvious the only way forward is:

Get rid of Hugh Jenkins
Reduce wage bil
Develop youngsters to compete in Championship next year
Get rid of K & L (Yanks)
Sell our most expensive earners to balance income vs wages

Relegation it is then boys 😧

Poll: Priority for new manager?

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 15:43 - Jan 15 with 1890 viewsSmellyplumz

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 14:51 - Jan 15 by Borojack

Portsmouth mark 2

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 16:09 - Jan 15 with 1863 viewsWatchman

The problem is simple, money for the sell outs became more important than the football! Every decision made for 2 years has been made with oooooo money in the back of the mind!
is the ST do not make the very pointed question of why are we(the club/company) paying 500k to some one who has headed the company to a 21m loss! 500k a year makes you accountable, if the owners do not address this issue then it really is an organised scam! Justify 500k a year!
whether L&K want to do it or not it has to happen because every bad performance or result will point peoples thinking in that direction and that boil has to be lanced, whether people like it or not, want it or not

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 16:17 - Jan 15 with 1851 viewsLoyal

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 16:09 - Jan 15 by Watchman

The problem is simple, money for the sell outs became more important than the football! Every decision made for 2 years has been made with oooooo money in the back of the mind!
is the ST do not make the very pointed question of why are we(the club/company) paying 500k to some one who has headed the company to a 21m loss! 500k a year makes you accountable, if the owners do not address this issue then it really is an organised scam! Justify 500k a year!
whether L&K want to do it or not it has to happen because every bad performance or result will point peoples thinking in that direction and that boil has to be lanced, whether people like it or not, want it or not

As it stands we cannot operate as a premier league club, even with the millions banked by the new owners clearly to get a return on their initial investment we are stuffed. They are refusing to invest in players or be bothered as to what they can do. Huw is their fall guy. Proper clubs run by people with an eye for the game remain in the premier league, clubs like stoke as an example. We could never match them, our luck has run out, we are spending less than half the championship on playing staff - and this is the simple scenario.
Relegation.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 16:19 - Jan 15 with 1839 viewsWatchman

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 16:17 - Jan 15 by Loyal

As it stands we cannot operate as a premier league club, even with the millions banked by the new owners clearly to get a return on their initial investment we are stuffed. They are refusing to invest in players or be bothered as to what they can do. Huw is their fall guy. Proper clubs run by people with an eye for the game remain in the premier league, clubs like stoke as an example. We could never match them, our luck has run out, we are spending less than half the championship on playing staff - and this is the simple scenario.
Relegation.

And do not forget HJ biggest ally is Coates at Stoke! Coates himself became hated by Stokies over the sell out to the icelandics and then came back!!!!
Just a thought!!!!!!!

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 16:24 - Jan 15 with 1817 viewsLoyal

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 16:19 - Jan 15 by Watchman

And do not forget HJ biggest ally is Coates at Stoke! Coates himself became hated by Stokies over the sell out to the icelandics and then came back!!!!
Just a thought!!!!!!!

And invests sensibly on quality players not quite Bradford, Falkirk and Barnsley by comparison.
It's a shame if they do have a decent relationship that Huw didn't learn fcking anything from him.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 16:25]

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 16:27 - Jan 15 with 1810 viewsWatchman

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 16:24 - Jan 15 by Loyal

And invests sensibly on quality players not quite Bradford, Falkirk and Barnsley by comparison.
It's a shame if they do have a decent relationship that Huw didn't learn fcking anything from him.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 16:25]

so is HJ playing it long! ? Go back to move forward! As much as it ******* hurts now!
The infrastructure is now in place it was never there before so be cold hearted and bloody minded now! liquidise to start again!

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 16:31 - Jan 15 with 1804 viewsLoyal

There was never any investment, and nor will there ever be any. on 13:00 - Jan 15 by Borojack

Thing is that's in the future, not now and the fees paid may not be payable staryignt away.
In any event all three are downgrades on what we need.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024