Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boxing tonight 19:47 - Feb 4 with 5910 viewsswanjackal

Anyone watching Eubank v Quinlan card tonight?

That Selby is fighting at the moment, seems to be on top after three rounds, he can be a bit wild here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Boxing tonight on 23:15 - Feb 4 with 958 viewsswanjackal

Boxing tonight on 23:09 - Feb 4 by blueytheblue

To a degree you can hide a weakness like a chin, or more accurately mitigate it via movement.

If your cardio isn't there, it's all irrelevant - you can only win by knocking people out. Unless you're fighting a zombie. In which case a sword to the head works better.

True, but not when it comes to volume, power or accuracy of an elite fighter. You get found out.

Indeed though, no cardio, and you become just another also ran. You have to dispatch quickly, and definitely not gas after your first serious combo.

Speaking of zombies, the return of the Korean Zombie later in UFC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Boxing tonight on 23:18 - Feb 4 with 946 viewsswanjackal

Boxing tonight on 23:12 - Feb 4 by max936

That is the worst I've ever seen Price, awful, god awful fight I remember when Price first came on the seen and I thought he looked the real deal, but always felt he was vulnerable and so it proved he was talking about taking AJ out and others and he produces that performance, Lennox Lewis standing there watching wearing a jacket that he can't button up could have still got in that ring tonight and knocked the two of them out within 4 rounds easily god dam awful fight, Pricey pack it it in now mush ffs.

John Ryder looked very good though its a great pity that he hasn't got a heavy dig, he's got every other quality to be a World Class fighter.

Ryder fight was really entertaining. I agree if he had some power he would be a danger, but he also got tagged a bit by straights, but fair play to the other guy, he kept coming....maybe Price should take a video of the heart shown by him.

Boxing tonight on 23:23 - Feb 4 with 928 viewsswanjackal

Also something that has been tickling me between fights is the line up of Mckenzie then Ward, and finally Lewis standing next to each other been making me think of a modern remake of the classic Frost Report "class sketch"

Boxing tonight on 23:26 - Feb 4 with 918 viewsAquinas

Eubank should walk this but Quinlan has power.

He knocked out Geale a round quicker than GGG did.
Boxing tonight on 23:30 - Feb 4 with 901 viewsblueytheblue

I dunno.

Eubank, seems to me to be more handspeed, angles than pure power - more likely to KO via volume of punches. Might be me, but he's landed some heavy shots and not really phased the guy.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Boxing tonight on 23:31 - Feb 4 with 899 viewsAquinas

Eubank jr is like Broner - cocky, flashy with good hand speed but nothing else. Eubank will never been in the p4p top 10. He will get found out soon.
Boxing tonight on 23:33 - Feb 4 with 892 viewsblueytheblue

Boxing tonight on 23:31 - Feb 4 by Aquinas

Eubank jr is like Broner - cocky, flashy with good hand speed but nothing else. Eubank will never been in the p4p top 10. He will get found out soon.

He's just trying to be a clone of his dad in the ring.

He'd be a lot better off trying to be himself, find his own style.

Boxing tonight on 23:35 - Feb 4 with 879 viewsepaul

Boxing tonight on 23:33 - Feb 4 by blueytheblue

He's just trying to be a clone of his dad in the ring.

He'd be a lot better off trying to be himself, find his own style.

Absolutely f*ck off with the showboating he's got more enough in the locker to win this

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Login to get fewer ads

Boxing tonight on 23:42 - Feb 4 with 858 viewsblueytheblue

Boxing tonight on 23:35 - Feb 4 by epaul

Absolutely f*ck off with the showboating he's got more enough in the locker to win this

I'm not convinced he has. he should be a couple of rounds ahead having been busier but he's not hurting Quinlan who to me looks stronger and fresher. Right now Quinlan's not firing enough for me, but you can see he's having some success riding Eubank's attacks and getting combinations in afterwards.

Boxing tonight on 23:44 - Feb 4 with 854 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Boxing tonight on 23:42 - Feb 4 by blueytheblue

I'm not convinced he has. he should be a couple of rounds ahead having been busier but he's not hurting Quinlan who to me looks stronger and fresher. Right now Quinlan's not firing enough for me, but you can see he's having some success riding Eubank's attacks and getting combinations in afterwards.

Yeah my thoughts too, although you wouldn't believe it listening to the commentary - massively biased

about the showboating - Senior had real charisma doing it

Junior just looks a bit of a twerp

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Boxing tonight on 23:45 - Feb 4 with 849 viewsepaul

Boxing tonight on 23:42 - Feb 4 by blueytheblue

The boy can certainly take a shot to the chin, if this carries on as it is , easy points win, however, will Eubanks punch himself out?

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Boxing tonight on 23:47 - Feb 4 with 846 viewsblueytheblue

Found a different, better quality site for it... Turkish commentary ;)

Boxing tonight on 23:49 - Feb 4 with 834 viewsswanjackal

I've counted eight times tonight the other commentator (not Richie Woodhall) has used "discombobulated"....what makes you think he had a thesaurus for christmas.

Boxing tonight on 23:50 - Feb 4 with 830 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Boxing tonight on 23:47 - Feb 4 by blueytheblue

Found a different, better quality site for it... Turkish commentary ;)

might try to find that

although eubank is easily winning the commentators never mention the shots he hits just the ones he takes - reckon their job is to sell eubank to anyone tonight for more ppv in the future

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Boxing tonight on 23:59 - Feb 4 with 809 viewsblueytheblue

Thought it would have been closer than expected if going to points - number of rounds where Eubank busier but Quinlan landed cleaner shots.

That stoppage though? Seemed premature to me?

Boxing tonight on 00:01 - Feb 5 with 801 viewsblueytheblue

Boxing tonight on 23:50 - Feb 4 by PatchesOHoulihan

might try to find that

although eubank is easily winning the commentators never mention the shots he hits just the ones he takes - reckon their job is to sell eubank to anyone tonight for more ppv in the future

http://www.canlitv.stream/tv-8-5

Found it on ITV Box Office twitter account - many upset Sky customers there ;)

Boxing tonight on 00:03 - Feb 5 with 792 viewsswanjackal

Boxing tonight on 23:59 - Feb 4 by blueytheblue

Thought it would have been closer than expected if going to points - number of rounds where Eubank busier but Quinlan landed cleaner shots.

That stoppage though? Seemed premature to me?

I think it wasn't that close, even though I feel the commentators were terrible. It was an early stoppage, but seen it happen before, Quinlan wasn't offering much towards the end. Neither are elite at all though. Eubank is too reckless without having the power to kill someone off, a top fighter will pick him off often.

Boxing tonight on 00:08 - Feb 5 with 782 viewsblueytheblue

Boxing tonight on 00:03 - Feb 5 by swanjackal

I think it wasn't that close, even though I feel the commentators were terrible. It was an early stoppage, but seen it happen before, Quinlan wasn't offering much towards the end. Neither are elite at all though. Eubank is too reckless without having the power to kill someone off, a top fighter will pick him off often.

Having seen some bizarre scoring over the years...

I felt a lot of Eubanks work was being blocked. Yes, he was landing clean shots throughout the fight so too was Quinlan. I'd have had Eubank up a couple of rounds and being honest, without Eubank gassing a la Price in the final two rounds there's no way Quinlan would have stopped him.

For the stoppage, Quinlan took some heavy punches, sure, but he was covering up and threw a punch as the ref stepped in. i thought he was stepping in for another issue with a glove or something.

Eubank is following the model his dad used. The image is what is marketed, the image is what he's giving. That will get him the money, get him big fights and keep his name in or around the top when he loses those fights.

Boxing tonight on 00:16 - Feb 5 with 772 viewsswanjackal

Boxing tonight on 00:08 - Feb 5 by blueytheblue

I felt a lot of Eubanks work was being blocked. Yes, he was landing clean shots throughout the fight so too was Quinlan. I'd have had Eubank up a couple of rounds and being honest, without Eubank gassing a la Price in the final two rounds there's no way Quinlan would have stopped him.

For the stoppage, Quinlan took some heavy punches, sure, but he was covering up and threw a punch as the ref stepped in. i thought he was stepping in for another issue with a glove or something.

Eubank is following the model his dad used. The image is what is marketed, the image is what he's giving. That will get him the money, get him big fights and keep his name in or around the top when he loses those fights.

Eubank didn't look close to gassing, one thing I have to give props to him is his tank. I thought a lot of Quinlan's punches landed on the step out were at best glancing. I do agree, no-one knows what goes through a judges head on times though.

Flashy sells, unfortunately he does not have the same package his father did, hence they wouldn't need to market them as a team. A pre-second fight with Watson Eubank was a true animal, after that the fire went and he wasn't the same, lacked that real killer instinct. They were great days for the middleweight division in Britain. Always felt like Bemn, Collins and Eubank were on every other week.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 0:17]

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:23 - Feb 5 with 758 viewsepaul

Missed then end turned over to motd meh!
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 0:25]

Boxing tonight on 00:29 - Feb 5 with 750 viewsKerouac

Boxing tonight on 00:08 - Feb 5 by blueytheblue

I must respectfully disagree on Eubank Jr.
I thought it was near perfect...he is being judged harsher because we all can't get his dad's performances out of our minds when watching him.

The only flaws I can see with the boy is;

1 - a possible lack of firepower (although when you box that well it doesn't necessarily matter, it does however mean that a big puncher always has a chance)

2 - A lack of composure when it comes to finishing
e.g. Can't remember whether it was the 5th or the 6th round when he hit him with a combination sending the Aussie to the ropes. Eubank follows him in, misses and then hits him with a peach of a left hook...sending the Aussie backwards along the ropes to the corner (he was literally holding the ropes to keep himself up).
Eubank should have finished it there, he needed to show composure...be accurate...
but instead he came in too fast throwing the kitchen sink at it (you could see he is desperate for a knock out) and missed with about the next 6-10 punches. The Aussie got low moved his head like f*ck and managed to get the other side of Eubank after one big miss, holding Eubank from behind.
They separated and about 10 seconds later the bell rang, saving the Aussie (his corner men then bought him some more time coming out for the next round).

The one who could definitely beat him, but it would be very interesting to watch and not a foregone conclusion, would be Golovkin.
If Junior took that fight and came through with the belts I could see him making a lot of World title defences.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 0:32]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Boxing tonight on 01:29 - Feb 5 with 708 viewsAquinas

Boxing tonight on 00:29 - Feb 5 by Kerouac

I must respectfully disagree on Eubank Jr.
I thought it was near perfect...he is being judged harsher because we all can't get his dad's performances out of our minds when watching him.

The only flaws I can see with the boy is;

1 - a possible lack of firepower (although when you box that well it doesn't necessarily matter, it does however mean that a big puncher always has a chance)

2 - A lack of composure when it comes to finishing
e.g. Can't remember whether it was the 5th or the 6th round when he hit him with a combination sending the Aussie to the ropes. Eubank follows him in, misses and then hits him with a peach of a left hook...sending the Aussie backwards along the ropes to the corner (he was literally holding the ropes to keep himself up).
Eubank should have finished it there, he needed to show composure...be accurate...
but instead he came in too fast throwing the kitchen sink at it (you could see he is desperate for a knock out) and missed with about the next 6-10 punches. The Aussie got low moved his head like f*ck and managed to get the other side of Eubank after one big miss, holding Eubank from behind.
They separated and about 10 seconds later the bell rang, saving the Aussie (his corner men then bought him some more time coming out for the next round).

The one who could definitely beat him, but it would be very interesting to watch and not a foregone conclusion, would be Golovkin.
If Junior took that fight and came through with the belts I could see him making a lot of World title defences.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 0:32]

As you respectfully disagree with him, I must respectfully disagree with you.

Eubank reminds me of Amir Khan, incredible hand speed but does not have one punch knockout power. Khan used to always finish his opponents with flurries rather than one punch kos. But as soon as Eubank fights world class fighters this will be nullified and he will have no real attacking strength. Like Amir, he is one of the best shadow boxers in the world. I'd love to watch him train but watching him actually fight isn't that entertaining.

If he fights GGG, he will box GGG's head off for 3 rounds then walk into something like Khan did against Canelo. People often overlook the fact he lost to BJS. He needs to rectify that mistake before talking about anyone who is world class.
Boxing tonight on 07:51 - Feb 5 with 671 viewswaynekerr55

Boxing tonight on 01:29 - Feb 5 by Aquinas

Eubank reminds me of Amir Khan, incredible hand speed but does not have one punch knockout power. Khan used to always finish his opponents with flurries rather than one punch kos. But as soon as Eubank fights world class fighters this will be nullified and he will have no real attacking strength. Like Amir, he is one of the best shadow boxers in the world. I'd love to watch him train but watching him actually fight isn't that entertaining.

If he fights GGG, he will box GGG's head off for 3 rounds then walk into something like Khan did against Canelo. People often overlook the fact he lost to BJS. He needs to rectify that mistake before talking about anyone who is world class.

I'm in the minority that thinks Billy Joe would beat him again...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Boxing tonight on 10:06 - Feb 5 with 626 viewsKerouac

Boxing tonight on 01:29 - Feb 5 by Aquinas

Obviously I see where you are coming from but Jr has some advantages over Khan, namely;

- he has a much better chin (for me the most important factor in whether a boxer can go to the top)
- he gets hit less (& most importantly gets hit 'clean' less)
- is a much better boxer.
He judges distance perfectly.
Doesn't take unnecessary risks (he will step/duck away and out of it when he finds himself out of position.
He is adept in a clinch, he gets his head in the right position and ties the other boxer up with some skill.
He has tremendous stamina.
His reflexes are quicker, he slips shots with his head movement as good as anyone I've seen in years.
The 'Randolph Turpin' style jab to the body is just great...I feel he has the tools to keep someone like Golovkin at distance.
He has a much better brain than Khan.

For my money he is in a different league to Khan. A near technically perfect boxer, you can see he had had years being schooled by the best.
A genuine pleasure to watch.
...but you are right in that, if he can't (/hasn't got the power) to finish the top men, he will walk into a massive punch sooner or later.

He should settle the score with Billy Joe Saunders first, you are correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Boxing tonight on 11:42 - Feb 5 with 596 viewsmax936

I thought Eubank looked impressive to be honest, as to whether he can sit on the top table I doubt it to many World class fighters around at that weight.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024