Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards 06:29 - Feb 27 with 1586 viewsTummer_from_Texas

If you were asleep for the Oscars, I'm sure you'll hear all about it soon after you wake.

Long story short, hilarious screw up as Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty announce La La Land wins Best Picture. Then, midway through the acceptance speech, they realize Moonlight actually won.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 6:44]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 07:28 - Feb 27 with 1462 viewsdickythorpe

What was the real reason for this horrendous mistake? All staged?
Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 07:39 - Feb 27 with 1452 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 07:28 - Feb 27 by dickythorpe

What was the real reason for this horrendous mistake? All staged?

Beatty was handed the wrong card - the one for Best Actress (which of course was already handed out) and it said

"Emma Stone
La La Land"

Beatty looked confused when he opened it and wouldn't read it. Instead, he showed it to Dunaway and she blurted out "La La Land."

Price Waterhouse Cooper is the auditing firm that handles the envelopes. Sounds like it was their screw up.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 7:44]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 07:43 - Feb 27 with 1447 viewsdickythorpe

Why don't they just mark the envelopes then?
Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 07:44 - Feb 27 with 1444 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 07:43 - Feb 27 by dickythorpe

Why don't they just mark the envelopes then?

Looks like they do.

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 08:38 - Feb 27 with 1401 viewsWxmJax

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38923750

So why did it take so long to rectify ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 08:51 - Feb 27 with 1387 viewsblueytheblue

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 07:39 - Feb 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

Beatty was handed the wrong card - the one for Best Actress (which of course was already handed out) and it said

"Emma Stone
La La Land"

Beatty looked confused when he opened it and wouldn't read it. Instead, he showed it to Dunaway and she blurted out "La La Land."

Price Waterhouse Cooper is the auditing firm that handles the envelopes. Sounds like it was their screw up.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 7:44]

Beatty seemed a bit off that night tbh.

It couldn't have been the best actress card - Stone already had that. Unless it had been duplicated, which seems an incredible mistake to have made...

I'd not put it past being deliberate to generate more "controversy" which equals publicity.

Deadpool was robbed anyway - that was the best movie by a mile.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 9:03]

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 09:01 - Feb 27 with 1369 viewsnantywatcher

I thought 'La La Land' was brilliant, but 'at the end of the day' the right result if what people are saying about Moonlight is correct.
Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 09:07 - Feb 27 with 1357 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 08:51 - Feb 27 by blueytheblue

It couldn't have been the best actress card - Stone already had that. Unless it had been duplicated, which seems an incredible mistake to have made...

I'd not put it past being deliberate to generate more "controversy" which equals publicity.

They have 2 envelopes for each award.

Beatty was handed the wrong card, simple as.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Login to get fewer ads

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 09:09 - Feb 27 with 1349 viewsswanjackal

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 09:01 - Feb 27 by nantywatcher

I thought 'La La Land' was brilliant, but 'at the end of the day' the right result if what people are saying about Moonlight is correct.

I put La La Land on for the wife on Saturday, not knowing anything about it. Lasted 10 mins, a feckin musical. Rather have a school of Candiru swim up my urethra whilst being fisted by the Incredible Hulk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 09:39 - Feb 27 with 1311 viewsPegojack

I saw the clip on the news this morning.

Couldn't concentrate on the screw up because I was transfixed by the amount of polyfilla on view, courtesy of Beatty and Dunaway. What makes people think that looks anything other than horrendous? Just grow old gracefully, FFS.
Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 09:47 - Feb 27 with 1295 viewsNogginthenog

Being asleep is the only way to watch the Oscars
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 9:48]
Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 13:47 - Feb 27 with 1215 viewslondonlisa2001

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 09:01 - Feb 27 by nantywatcher

The real power of the Oscars away from the glitz, is when you see that Moonlight has instantly been rolled out into 80 additional U.K. cinemas, turning a low budget small release film into one that will be seen by a far wider audience.

The reviews are exceptional, across the board.

I have watched a number of films over the years that I probably wouldn't have known about until they win awards, Whiplash being a recent example, and Boyhood being another. In both cases the films were excellent and I was glad they were brought to my attention. It's hard for these small releases to compete with the huge marketing budgets of the blockbusters, and it's great that a few at least can make it into our collective consciousness simply due to their quality.
Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 14:16 - Feb 27 with 1191 viewsLohengrin

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 13:47 - Feb 27 by londonlisa2001

The real power of the Oscars away from the glitz, is when you see that Moonlight has instantly been rolled out into 80 additional U.K. cinemas, turning a low budget small release film into one that will be seen by a far wider audience.

The reviews are exceptional, across the board.

I have watched a number of films over the years that I probably wouldn't have known about until they win awards, Whiplash being a recent example, and Boyhood being another. In both cases the films were excellent and I was glad they were brought to my attention. It's hard for these small releases to compete with the huge marketing budgets of the blockbusters, and it's great that a few at least can make it into our collective consciousness simply due to their quality.

After last year's liberal grizzlefest over...gasp!... white people winning awards this was absolutely nailed on. Let's be honest, just how many boxes was a low budget film about a poor, black homosexual starring a moslem going to tick?

Great news, though. So assured were my pal and I in work that this was going to happen we'll be out next weekend with just over £400 each in our back pockets courtesy of Coral's and Generation Snowflake.

Thanks Joe, thanks weirdos.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 14:48]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 14:31 - Feb 27 with 1175 viewsnantywatcher

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 09:09 - Feb 27 by swanjackal

I put La La Land on for the wife on Saturday, not knowing anything about it. Lasted 10 mins, a feckin musical. Rather have a school of Candiru swim up my urethra whilst being fisted by the Incredible Hulk.

You did not know it was a musical? I bet your holiday planning is a hoot! (bit of advice - Beirut might be cheap, but check on Trip Advisor before you book.)
Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 15:01 - Feb 27 with 1148 viewslondonlisa2001

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 14:16 - Feb 27 by Lohengrin

After last year's liberal grizzlefest over...gasp!... white people winning awards this was absolutely nailed on. Let's be honest, just how many boxes was a low budget film about a poor, black homosexual starring a moslem going to tick?

Great news, though. So assured were my pal and I in work that this was going to happen we'll be out next weekend with just over £400 each in our back pockets courtesy of Coral's and Generation Snowflake.

Thanks Joe, thanks weirdos.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 14:48]

Alternatively, perhaps it's just, as every single critic has said, an exceptionally good film.
Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 15:06 - Feb 27 with 1138 viewsLohengrin

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 15:01 - Feb 27 by londonlisa2001

Alternatively, perhaps it's just, as every single critic has said, an exceptionally good film.

I haven't seen it. I just read the synopsis and filled out the betting slip, Lisa.

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 16:04 - Feb 27 with 1103 viewsmonmouth

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 15:06 - Feb 27 by Lohengrin

I haven't seen it. I just read the synopsis and filled out the betting slip, Lisa.

I can only hope Loh that you were awake to see the triumphal announcement live.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 16:12 - Feb 27 with 1094 viewsLohengrin

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 16:04 - Feb 27 by monmouth

I can only hope Loh that you were awake to see the triumphal announcement live.

Indeed I was, working nights. When the news came on the radio there was more smiles, back-slapping and handshakes down with us than on stage at the event.

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 16:14 - Feb 27 with 1090 viewsmonmouth

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 16:12 - Feb 27 by Lohengrin

Indeed I was, working nights. When the news came on the radio there was more smiles, back-slapping and handshakes down with us than on stage at the event.

When la la land was announced....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 16:17 - Feb 27 with 1085 viewsLohengrin

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 16:14 - Feb 27 by monmouth

When la la land was announced....

No, mate. We just got the news of the cock-up and the eventual winner off the Beeb at stupid o' clock.

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 16:29 - Feb 27 with 1078 viewslondonlisa2001

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 08:51 - Feb 27 by blueytheblue

PWC have apologised and said it was completely their fault.
Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 20:15 - Feb 27 with 1042 viewsswanjackal

Couldn't help thinking of this scene when read about it though....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 22:29 - Feb 27 with 1008 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Meanwhile, the Oscar ratings check in with a 9 year low.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oscars-ratings-best-picture-gaffe-143135839.html

Perhaps people are getting a bit sick of being pounded by the politics of the dense millionaires in the entertainment industry.

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 23:07 - Feb 27 with 990 viewsnantywatcher

Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 22:29 - Feb 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

Meanwhile, the Oscar ratings check in with a 9 year low.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oscars-ratings-best-picture-gaffe-143135839.html

Perhaps people are getting a bit sick of being pounded by the politics of the dense millionaires in the entertainment industry.

"dense"??? Dense is standing by and accepting a bigoted, multi bankrupted, short of vocabulary moron to run a country. What you need to succeed as an actor is intelligence and empathy. Believing that Trump is anything other than a disaster, now that truly is "dense."
Somewhere, Steve Harvey is having a laugh re: the 2017 Academy Awards on 23:46 - Feb 27 with 973 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Perhaps the Russians hacked it?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024