Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leyton Orient served winding up order 12:16 - Mar 1 with 8048 viewsJack_Kass

Sad. Propa club and supporters.

Didn't they do something for us when we were in a similar position? I think they may have showed a banner of support in one game, but I can't recall exactly.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 12:20 - Mar 1 with 7018 viewsairedale

I think that a lot of people would bung them a few quid if called upon. Could be they might go the same way as us if they have a supportersTrust?
Leyton Orient served winding up order on 12:28 - Mar 1 with 6981 viewsWarwickHunt

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 12:20 - Mar 1 by airedale

I think that a lot of people would bung them a few quid if called upon. Could be they might go the same way as us if they have a supportersTrust?

They have a supporters' trust - Rich Lillicrap helped them set it up.
Leyton Orient served winding up order on 12:28 - Mar 1 with 6975 viewsNeathJack

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 12:41 - Mar 1 with 6930 viewspencoedjack

Was always a favourite away trip for me
Leyton Orient served winding up order on 13:23 - Mar 1 with 6809 viewsoldcob

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 12:41 - Mar 1 by pencoedjack

There was always a bond between the two clubs back in the day. Supporters of both sides used to meet up before games. That was before the 'football hooligan' era. Sooner a pint and a chat than a punch up any day of the week.
Leyton Orient served winding up order on 13:24 - Mar 1 with 6796 viewsGlyn1

Me also. Not being able to ground share in the new stadium with West Ham hurt them.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 13:35 - Mar 1 with 6755 viewsLandore_Jack

Leyton Orient Fans’ Trust believe the reaction of president Francesco Becchetti to the petition to wind up O’s will offer a clear indication of his seriousness at selling the Brisbane Road club.

The east Londoners fell to a third consecutive defeat last night at Stevenage and are now six points from safety.

Orient remain 23rd in League Two and were met with news this morning that HM Revenue and Customs have issued a petition to wind up the O’s.

A statement on the LOFT website, read: “A petition to wind up Leyton Orient Football Club Ltd has today been posted in the official Gazette.

“While the details (and in particular the amount) of the debt owed to HM Revenue and Customs is as yet unknown, it is clear that the club is late in paying a tax bill of some nature.

“Winding-up orders are not uncommon in football clubs - Hartlepool United were recently served their third such order in 8 months.

“However, how the club’s owner Francesco Becchetti reacts to this winding-up order will be a clear indicator of his seriousness at selling the club as a going concern.

“If he settles the bill before the hearing date of 20 March then there remains a chance that the club can be sold to new owners.

“If he does not though, then the coming days and weeks may be the most important in Orient’s 116-year history.”

Orient Fans’ Trust revealed earlier this week they have drawn up a plan to deal with what they describe as “crisis scenarios.”

LOFT will present their proposals for their members to vote on tomorrow and are hoping to raise funds to potentially help if O’s enter administration or in the worst case scenario set up a phoenix club.

Becchetti revealed, via a statement from CEO Alessandro Angelieri, in January he was willing to listen to offers for the club, but has put off buyers by asking for a hefty amount for the east Londoners.

With Orient now facing a winding-up petition, it remains to be seen what the future holds for the O’s.

http://www.hackneygazette.co.uk/sport/football/leyton-orient/leyton_orient_fans_

#backtojack

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 13:39 - Mar 1 with 6735 viewsairedale

Be interesting to know what [tangible] assets there are. These business people would just as well have a new Sainsbury on the site as a football club, and two hoots to the tradition and community.
Login to get fewer ads

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 13:55 - Mar 1 with 6698 viewswaynekerr55

https://twitter.com/The_FSF

The irony of their profile picture, hey?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 15:19 - Mar 1 with 6570 viewsdna

Be nice to organise some support - I remember the feeling when they came to The Vetch with their Petty Out banner.

They play home on Saturday 2nd April - we haven't got a game (Boro home on the Sunday) nice trip to London??
Leyton Orient served winding up order on 15:44 - Mar 1 with 6522 viewsLoyal

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 13:23 - Mar 1 by oldcob

There was always a bond between the two clubs back in the day. Supporters of both sides used to meet up before games. That was before the 'football hooligan' era. Sooner a pint and a chat than a punch up any day of the week.

Fck me what year was that !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 15:48 - Mar 1 with 6503 viewsoldcob

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 15:44 - Mar 1 by Loyal

Fck me what year was that !

Mid to late fifties Loyal. I warn you I'm very old. They used to line up against the fence on the small bank each with a single letter spelling out LEYTON ORIENT. Used to meet pre game in the Swansea Jack, Paxton and the pubs in that area.
Leyton Orient served winding up order on 15:52 - Mar 1 with 6487 viewsLoyal

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 15:48 - Mar 1 by oldcob

Mid to late fifties Loyal. I warn you I'm very old. They used to line up against the fence on the small bank each with a single letter spelling out LEYTON ORIENT. Used to meet pre game in the Swansea Jack, Paxton and the pubs in that area.

I would say that was a less complicated time all round 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 15:54 - Mar 1 with 6481 viewsraynor94

Swansea Jack, you wouldn't have called it that in the mid fifties

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 15:57 - Mar 1 with 6467 viewsoldcob

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 15:52 - Mar 1 by Loyal

I would say that was a less complicated time all round 👍

You'd be right. Started watching Swansea when I was eight, and the start of next season I'll have been 65 years a Jack. Not always a season ticket holder though. It's great to see youngsters at the game for first time and wondering if they'll get "the bug" and realise all the joys and headaches following any football club brings.
Leyton Orient served winding up order on 16:21 - Mar 1 with 6403 viewsLeonWasGod

You'll remember the time when some boys would have gone to see the Swans one week and Cardiff the next then. So much for progress with people now behaving like tribal idiots.

My dad's a Villa fan and talks of his time at Villa Park back in the 50s, when it was so crowded people would piss in the trouser pocket of the guy next to them because they couldn't move. Sounds delightful! The rattles would have driven me up the wall too.
Leyton Orient served winding up order on 16:51 - Mar 1 with 6348 viewsoldcob

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 16:21 - Mar 1 by LeonWasGod

You'll remember the time when some boys would have gone to see the Swans one week and Cardiff the next then. So much for progress with people now behaving like tribal idiots.

My dad's a Villa fan and talks of his time at Villa Park back in the 50s, when it was so crowded people would piss in the trouser pocket of the guy next to them because they couldn't move. Sounds delightful! The rattles would have driven me up the wall too.

Never went to Cardiff myself, in those days when the first team were away the reserves were home in the Combination, but must admit to listening to their games on the radio. The first football violence I witnessed was before segregation of supporters when a Cardiff supporter for no reason stuck the head into a Swansea supporter who used to stand under the double decker near my old man and myself. Left a decent guy with a bloody nose. Hated Cardiff after that, never had time for them since.
Leyton Orient served winding up order on 17:07 - Mar 1 with 6318 viewsWarwickHunt

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 15:54 - Mar 1 by raynor94

The London?
Leyton Orient served winding up order on 17:10 - Mar 1 with 6312 viewsraynor94

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 17:07 - Mar 1 by WarwickHunt

The London?

Correct, and the Langdon was across the road from it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 17:20 - Mar 1 with 6297 viewsdailew

Me too.

Lovely old ground.

Just one tube from Paddington (with a short walk to Lancaster Gate).

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 17:32 - Mar 1 with 6266 viewsairedale

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 16:21 - Mar 1 by LeonWasGod

The Footy Echo some people used to call it, when you'd pee down a rolled up one. Ugh a fi!
Leyton Orient served winding up order on 17:38 - Mar 1 with 6244 viewsoldcob

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 15:54 - Mar 1 by raynor94

Possibly not. Never went myself because I was just a kid, but the old man used to call in for one (his father being East End born) and meet me in 'our spot' under the double decker. As soon as I was old enough to go with my mates it was always the north bank.
Leyton Orient served winding up order on 17:51 - Mar 1 with 6217 viewsLoyal

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 17:20 - Mar 1 by dailew

Me too.

Lovely old ground.

Just one tube from Paddington (with a short walk to Lancaster Gate).

Always a good day out.
Proper football club, no different to us as we were.

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 17:52 - Mar 1 with 6207 viewsLoyal

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 15:57 - Mar 1 by oldcob

You'd be right. Started watching Swansea when I was eight, and the start of next season I'll have been 65 years a Jack. Not always a season ticket holder though. It's great to see youngsters at the game for first time and wondering if they'll get "the bug" and realise all the joys and headaches following any football club brings.

People, this chap is solid gold.
Treat him as he deserves.

Leyton Orient served winding up order on 17:53 - Mar 1 with 6205 viewsBrynmill_Jack

My first ever away trip in 87. Won 4-1 . Loved the whole experience

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024