Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodby Siggy 13:17 - Mar 27 with 8043 viewsJohnw102

£15 million to Newcastle, perhaps we could talk them up to £10 million + the return of JJS?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/784260/Sigurdsson-Newcastle-Everton-West

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Goodby Siggy on 13:31 - Mar 27 with 4129 viewsmacthejack

He won't go to any of those clubs for £15M I absolutely guarantee it.
Goodby Siggy on 13:56 - Mar 27 with 4027 viewsLoyal

Absolute nonsense

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Goodby Siggy on 14:00 - Mar 27 with 4008 viewsoldcob

Nonsense, nonsense and more nonsense.
Goodby Siggy on 14:12 - Mar 27 with 3960 viewsmonmouth

Are we going to have one of these every week now.

It looks like his agent's touting him around. If so, all that remains to be decided is the price, and whether we'll be paying or receiving.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Goodby Siggy on 14:37 - Mar 27 with 3884 viewsNeath_Jack

Goodby Siggy on 14:12 - Mar 27 by monmouth

Are we going to have one of these every week now.

It looks like his agent's touting him around. If so, all that remains to be decided is the price, and whether we'll be paying or receiving.

You can guarantee we won't get the going rate for him, like Southampton do for example.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Goodby Siggy on 16:06 - Mar 27 with 3658 viewsshandyjack

Goodby Siggy on 14:37 - Mar 27 by Neath_Jack

You can guarantee we won't get the going rate for him, like Southampton do for example.

will be the first real test transfer(out) wise for the new owners and how much they can get for him, he is going this summer though

Poll: Expectation for the season

Goodby Siggy on 16:21 - Mar 27 with 3631 viewsjack247

Goodby Siggy on 16:06 - Mar 27 by shandyjack

will be the first real test transfer(out) wise for the new owners and how much they can get for him, he is going this summer though

They got decent fees for Ayew and Williams imo, they just didn't replace them properly. As I've said on the other Siggy thread, I could cope with him going if we used the funds to strengthen the team overall. Despite the Carroll and Olsson signings, I'm not really convinced by our recruiting
Goodby Siggy on 16:31 - Mar 27 with 3605 viewsKGriz16

They rejected £30 million + for him in the January transfer market. £15 million is laughable.
Login to get fewer ads

Goodby Siggy on 16:44 - Mar 27 with 3570 viewsmonmouth

Goodby Siggy on 16:31 - Mar 27 by KGriz16

They rejected £30 million + for him in the January transfer market. £15 million is laughable.

If they rejected 30 mil, I'm Kim Kardashian.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Goodby Siggy on 16:44 - Mar 27 with 3569 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Goodby Siggy on 16:06 - Mar 27 by shandyjack

After Williams and Ayew left (situations out of the new owners' control), Levien clearly proclaimed that Swansea City is no longer going to be a selling club.

He kept his word in January, but the real test this summer (assuming we stay up) is whether we sell Siggy at all, not how much we get for him.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 16:45]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Goodby Siggy on 16:45 - Mar 27 with 3561 viewspencoedjack

Goodby Siggy on 16:44 - Mar 27 by monmouth

If they rejected 30 mil, I'm Kim Kardashian.

Free tonight ?
Goodby Siggy on 16:52 - Mar 27 with 3525 viewsjack247

Goodby Siggy on 16:44 - Mar 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

After Williams and Ayew left (situations out of the new owners' control), Levien clearly proclaimed that Swansea City is no longer going to be a selling club.

He kept his word in January, but the real test this summer (assuming we stay up) is whether we sell Siggy at all, not how much we get for him.

There are about 5 clubs in European football who aren't selling clubs. Talk is cheap and Levien and Kaplan have already spouted a fair amount of bollocks in their short time here.
Goodby Siggy on 18:16 - Mar 27 with 3355 viewsLoyal

I hope we are a selling club there's some real garbage to get rid of.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Goodby Siggy on 18:21 - Mar 27 with 3337 viewsicecoldjack

The yanks are just here to make money, flip the club and sell on for a profit. If anyone thinks any different they are misgided IMO.

If somebody offers 30 m for siggy we will sell and replace him with a player that cost 10m .

It's a do it up and sell it on job and nothing else. How many dollars have they put in ? How much pounds have they taken out in salary ?
Goodby Siggy on 18:32 - Mar 27 with 3294 viewspencoedjack

Goodby Siggy on 18:21 - Mar 27 by icecoldjack

The yanks are just here to make money, flip the club and sell on for a profit. If anyone thinks any different they are misgided IMO.

If somebody offers 30 m for siggy we will sell and replace him with a player that cost 10m .

It's a do it up and sell it on job and nothing else. How many dollars have they put in ? How much pounds have they taken out in salary ?

I never see those who dislike Gylfi coming up with a suitable replacement, just the same blah blah bull shite in long tedious posts.
Goodby Siggy on 18:44 - Mar 27 with 3257 viewsSPboy

Goodby Siggy on 16:21 - Mar 27 by jack247

They got decent fees for Ayew and Williams imo, they just didn't replace them properly. As I've said on the other Siggy thread, I could cope with him going if we used the funds to strengthen the team overall. Despite the Carroll and Olsson signings, I'm not really convinced by our recruiting

Selling Ayew & Williams was always a disaster waiting to happen, there was never any effort to replace them before the deasl were signed. Why on earth would a club sell 2 of its prime assets before knowing who is going to replace them? Utter shambles by our cheapskate owners mainly interested in lining their own pockets.

I don't care if we get offered £30M for Siggy, I have absolute zero confidence that they will replace goal his assists or his goals. It's alright saying we could get 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 players for that money but one-for-one he would be almost impossible to replace.

If he does leave I hope it is for a big club not an Everton or Newcastle, but a proper big club with a history of winning trophies. If it wasn't for the exorbitant PL fees I am pretty sure that a big Italian, Spanish or German club would have been in for him by now
Goodby Siggy on 18:49 - Mar 27 with 3235 viewsicecoldjack

Goodby Siggy on 18:32 - Mar 27 by pencoedjack

I never see those who dislike Gylfi coming up with a suitable replacement, just the same blah blah bull shite in long tedious posts.

Not sure if that's aimed at me but personally I'd be gutted to see siggy go. Said it here a few times, he will go down as one of our greatest ever players.

And like I said a few weeks back. What other player scored the goals to keep us up first season, last season and maybe this season? Earning the club close to 300m in prem money .

My point is about the yanks. They have bought us to flip us if it means selling an asset to balance books and find cheap replacement they will try it. It's one problem with us staying up this season, if we do they will think it's ok to sell top players and get away with it .

I just wish they d fook off completely and take Jenks and his ilk with .
Goodby Siggy on 18:56 - Mar 27 with 3218 viewsicecoldjack

Goodby Siggy on 18:44 - Mar 27 by SPboy

Selling Ayew & Williams was always a disaster waiting to happen, there was never any effort to replace them before the deasl were signed. Why on earth would a club sell 2 of its prime assets before knowing who is going to replace them? Utter shambles by our cheapskate owners mainly interested in lining their own pockets.

I don't care if we get offered £30M for Siggy, I have absolute zero confidence that they will replace goal his assists or his goals. It's alright saying we could get 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 players for that money but one-for-one he would be almost impossible to replace.

If he does leave I hope it is for a big club not an Everton or Newcastle, but a proper big club with a history of winning trophies. If it wasn't for the exorbitant PL fees I am pretty sure that a big Italian, Spanish or German club would have been in for him by now

100% agree .

Glad many haven't lost sight of why we are in the position of needing almost a miracle to escape relegation from the richest league in the world .

Shambles from those at scfc who have sold out the fans to a bunch Of dodgy yanks who haven't put a single penny into the club. So much for Jenks words of needing somebody to take us to the next level...didn't know he meant a level down !
Goodby Siggy on 18:59 - Mar 27 with 3202 viewsDarran

Goodby Siggy on 18:56 - Mar 27 by icecoldjack

100% agree .

Glad many haven't lost sight of why we are in the position of needing almost a miracle to escape relegation from the richest league in the world .

Shambles from those at scfc who have sold out the fans to a bunch Of dodgy yanks who haven't put a single penny into the club. So much for Jenks words of needing somebody to take us to the next level...didn't know he meant a level down !

Great post Tone.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Goodby Siggy on 19:02 - Mar 27 with 3185 viewsEasternJack

That price tag has got to be on the assumption we get relegated.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Goodby Siggy on 19:03 - Mar 27 with 3179 viewspencoedjack

Goodby Siggy on 18:49 - Mar 27 by icecoldjack

Not sure if that's aimed at me but personally I'd be gutted to see siggy go. Said it here a few times, he will go down as one of our greatest ever players.

And like I said a few weeks back. What other player scored the goals to keep us up first season, last season and maybe this season? Earning the club close to 300m in prem money .

My point is about the yanks. They have bought us to flip us if it means selling an asset to balance books and find cheap replacement they will try it. It's one problem with us staying up this season, if we do they will think it's ok to sell top players and get away with it .

I just wish they d fook off completely and take Jenks and his ilk with .

Not at all fella
Goodby Siggy on 20:10 - Mar 27 with 2993 viewsjack247

Goodby Siggy on 18:44 - Mar 27 by SPboy

Agree totally. I think we got top dollar for both of them, but from a fans point of view, that's no use unless you replace them with better.

The reason they did it, was they want to keep us in the league as cheaply as possible. I'd guess they were under the impression we were easily good enough to stay up. Looking at our previous finishes and a bit of advice from people who just happened to be desperate to cash in on their shares could have easily given that impression.

I agree, I don't trust us to replace him adequately.

I'd be amazed if he went to a top club, unless it was as a squad player
Goodby Siggy on 20:30 - Mar 27 with 2922 viewsQJumpingJack

If we stay up he might stay.
If we go down we will need him off the wage bill.
Goodby Siggy on 20:52 - Mar 27 with 2856 viewsPURe_Evil

The only clubs in Europe that aren't selling clubs are Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City, Chelsea and possibly a handful more - we will always be a selling club.
Goodby Siggy on 22:04 - Mar 27 with 2699 viewsSPboy

Goodby Siggy on 20:10 - Mar 27 by jack247

Agree totally. I think we got top dollar for both of them, but from a fans point of view, that's no use unless you replace them with better.

The reason they did it, was they want to keep us in the league as cheaply as possible. I'd guess they were under the impression we were easily good enough to stay up. Looking at our previous finishes and a bit of advice from people who just happened to be desperate to cash in on their shares could have easily given that impression.

I agree, I don't trust us to replace him adequately.

I'd be amazed if he went to a top club, unless it was as a squad player

Think we did ok with regards to fees for Williams & Ayew but the complacency of the owners thinking we could get by on the cheap still sickens me. The lack of planning just amateurish. Just like the lack of planning when sacking Laudrup, Monk, Guidolin & Bradley. These sackings showed just how out of their depth they are when it comes to running a £100M business.

As already stated IF Siggy wants out we need to hold out for what he's worth. When you how see how much Southampton got for Lallana, Shaw & Schneiderlin, I would say in today's market he is worth more than any of them. We should also sign his replacements before letting him go or is that asking too much?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024