Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15million for striker 13:01 - Apr 2 with 5866 viewsDarran

That can't get in the team when we don't have any strikers.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

£15million for striker on 13:06 - Apr 2 with 4285 viewsspiderboy

Yes..hes done well !
£15million for striker on 13:18 - Apr 2 with 4250 viewssnork44

Well done Sir Huw on that insightful and invaluable signing !

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

£15million for striker on 13:26 - Apr 2 with 4215 viewsSmellyplumz

Up fk massive.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

£15million for striker on 14:25 - Apr 2 with 4117 viewsicecoldjack

Yes but his wages were nice and cheap for a £15m player, for most the alarm bells should have been ringing right there !

Well done Huw !

Considering how poor we were in the final 3rd first half may as well throw him on to play along side Ayew.
£15million for striker on 14:26 - Apr 2 with 4107 viewsCambJack

It would be nice to think this could be his chance to right all wrongs and come off the bench and score the winner...sadly I have absolutely no confidence that will happen
£15million for striker on 14:31 - Apr 2 with 4077 viewsairedale

Can you imagine someone saying when we moved to the Liberty, "One day we'll have a £15 million striker on the bench"

Nor me.
£15million for striker on 14:32 - Apr 2 with 4064 viewswaynekerr55

£15million for striker on 13:18 - Apr 2 by snork44

Well done Sir Huw on that insightful and invaluable signing !

This alone is grounds for the Americans to sack the arrogant cūnt.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

£15million for striker on 14:34 - Apr 2 with 4055 viewsperchrockjack

Not sure if baston has played enough to judge him.

Hell, he hasn't

Madness

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

£15million for striker on 14:34 - Apr 2 with 4059 viewsMorganator100

but the player has never played the lone striker role. He's always been effective off another striker, more of the No 10 role than a No 9.

We did the same with Gomis who liked the ball played early behind defenders, he made the runs but the ball was never played through (hence the offside all the time). We wanted him to play the Bony role of holding up the ball.

We just signed the wrong type of player again for our system. It's a pity that we can't see him in tandem with Llorente a bit more.
£15million for striker on 16:16 - Apr 2 with 3815 viewsDr_Winston

£15million for striker on 14:34 - Apr 2 by Morganator100

but the player has never played the lone striker role. He's always been effective off another striker, more of the No 10 role than a No 9.

We did the same with Gomis who liked the ball played early behind defenders, he made the runs but the ball was never played through (hence the offside all the time). We wanted him to play the Bony role of holding up the ball.

We just signed the wrong type of player again for our system. It's a pity that we can't see him in tandem with Llorente a bit more.

The problems started under Monk with Bony and have just continued since then. Since that time we've either had managers powerless to reverse it in the face of board interference (Guidolin), too useless in general (Bradley) or too stuck into a relegation scrap with the players we have to risk wholesale changes to the way we play (Clement, and Guido a bit).

We were once a team that could play three wingers upfront and still tear other sides to shreds. Now we're so one dimensional even Tony Pulis would balk at watching us.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£15million for striker on 17:02 - Apr 2 with 3691 viewsDarran

£15million for striker on 16:16 - Apr 2 by Dr_Winston

The problems started under Monk with Bony and have just continued since then. Since that time we've either had managers powerless to reverse it in the face of board interference (Guidolin), too useless in general (Bradley) or too stuck into a relegation scrap with the players we have to risk wholesale changes to the way we play (Clement, and Guido a bit).

We were once a team that could play three wingers upfront and still tear other sides to shreds. Now we're so one dimensional even Tony Pulis would balk at watching us.

I think all what you've just said is pretty irrelevant really,given a choice of Ayew or Baston playing upfront today I'm sure just about everyone would have chosen Baston before Ayew.

£15million for striker on 17:10 - Apr 2 with 3631 viewsNeath_Jack

£15million for striker on 17:02 - Apr 2 by Darran

I think all what you've just said is pretty irrelevant really,given a choice of Ayew or Baston playing upfront today I'm sure just about everyone would have chosen Baston before Ayew.

Not often i agree with you, but i do with that post.

And then to persist with Ayew up top and not take him off

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

£15million for striker on 17:24 - Apr 2 with 3569 viewsDarran

£15million for striker on 17:10 - Apr 2 by Neath_Jack

You always agree with me.

£15million for striker on 17:29 - Apr 2 with 3528 viewsGriffting

£15million for striker on 17:10 - Apr 2 by Neath_Jack

For me it wasn't even a case of taking Ayew off. He did well with what he was given in my opinion. Playing well enough as a number 10, but we needed a focal point up top.
On 55/60 we should have either brought a striker on and moved siggy into the middle with Ayew going out wide, or even brought Baston/mcburnie on to play along side Ayew at the sacrifice of a midfielder, and matched them in a 442. Really didn't think there was need for Carrol AND Cork for that last half hour as there was only one thing Boro intended to do and it completely bypassed the midfield.
£15million for striker on 18:14 - Apr 2 with 3388 viewsWhiterockin

£15million for striker on 17:02 - Apr 2 by Darran

Except the manager, who sees him day in day out and doesn't rate him at all. If it wasn't in his contract that he had to be in the matchday squad when fit he would not make the bench.
£15million for striker on 18:18 - Apr 2 with 3361 viewsLeonWasGod

£15million for striker on 14:25 - Apr 2 by icecoldjack

Yes but his wages were nice and cheap for a £15m player, for most the alarm bells should have been ringing right there !

Well done Huw !

Considering how poor we were in the final 3rd first half may as well throw him on to play along side Ayew.

I'd rather we'd taken ayew off to sit beside Baston on the bench. Are we sure he's related to Andre? Club ought to do a DNA test - Villa saw us coming.
£15million for striker on 18:25 - Apr 2 with 3307 viewsDarran

£15million for striker on 18:14 - Apr 2 by Whiterockin

Except the manager, who sees him day in day out and doesn't rate him at all. If it wasn't in his contract that he had to be in the matchday squad when fit he would not make the bench.

He can't suddenly have become that bad mun.

£15million for striker on 18:27 - Apr 2 with 3294 viewsicecoldjack

£15million for striker on 18:18 - Apr 2 by LeonWasGod

I'd rather we'd taken ayew off to sit beside Baston on the bench. Are we sure he's related to Andre? Club ought to do a DNA test - Villa saw us coming.

Didn't think Ayew played that poorly at all, got through his work rate and tried his best, it's just that almost every signing in the last 18 months has that lucky dip feel about it with no thought toward how they will fit in with our system, it's not a fault of the player more the club that signed him and use him as striker.

In fairness, since monk ripped up our brand and playing style it's harder to sign players to fit us, something that Huw can't seem to grasp it seems.

Our transistion to run of the mill no mark prem team is almost complete, along with over paid under performing players that don't seem to fit us or care.
£15million for striker on 18:35 - Apr 2 with 3256 viewsjack247

£15million for striker on 14:34 - Apr 2 by perchrockjack

Not sure if baston has played enough to judge him.

Hell, he hasn't

Madness

We have had three managers this season (okay that includes Bob) and none of them have had any confidence in him. It's not a case of getting match sharp or getting used to his teammates. He simply isn't strong enough to play up front on his own. You don't need to see much of him to realise that.

Before anyone says it, Eibar played with a fluid front three. He wouldn't have had to battle two centre backs on his own very often. Stupid buy.
£15million for striker on 18:38 - Apr 2 with 3241 viewsKilkennyjack

£15million for striker on 18:27 - Apr 2 by icecoldjack

Didn't think Ayew played that poorly at all, got through his work rate and tried his best, it's just that almost every signing in the last 18 months has that lucky dip feel about it with no thought toward how they will fit in with our system, it's not a fault of the player more the club that signed him and use him as striker.

In fairness, since monk ripped up our brand and playing style it's harder to sign players to fit us, something that Huw can't seem to grasp it seems.

Our transistion to run of the mill no mark prem team is almost complete, along with over paid under performing players that don't seem to fit us or care.

Agreed

Beware of the Risen People

£15million for striker on 18:40 - Apr 2 with 3224 viewsDarran

£15million for striker on 18:35 - Apr 2 by jack247

We have had three managers this season (okay that includes Bob) and none of them have had any confidence in him. It's not a case of getting match sharp or getting used to his teammates. He simply isn't strong enough to play up front on his own. You don't need to see much of him to realise that.

Before anyone says it, Eibar played with a fluid front three. He wouldn't have had to battle two centre backs on his own very often. Stupid buy.

But Ayew is?

£15million for striker on 18:43 - Apr 2 with 3204 viewsFlashberryjack

We should sell Baston, unfortunately most clubs know what a good striker looks like, so there's no chance of that happening.

This transfer absolutely stinks. something is really fishy here and maybe the Trust should investigate.........because I trust them??????????????

£15 million ? something is wrong here, big time.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

£15million for striker on 18:49 - Apr 2 with 3179 viewsDr_Winston

Ayew did about as well as could be expected for a shortarse up against a Boro defence that has conceded less goals than any team outside the top seven. Not his fault that he was expected to fill a role in a team nowhere near set up enough to utilise him. Story of the last few seasons.

Baston might have done better, but it's pretty obvious that he's on the way out come the summer regardless. We've just been f*cked as an attacking unit and Llorente is the only option we have capable of making it work.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£15million for striker on 19:02 - Apr 2 with 3120 viewsjack247

£15million for striker on 18:40 - Apr 2 by Darran

But Ayew is?

No. Ayew doesn't even look like a striker. But this is a thread about Baston
£15million for striker on 19:02 - Apr 2 with 3120 viewsParsSwans

What f@&£ing chance has Baston had ? answer to the idiots who berate him is none. Injured at start of season Llorente comes into form when he becomes fit and Bob The builder plays him from the start and on the wing hooks him at half time and then never gets a look in again. For a player who scored almost 20 goals in consecutive La Liga seasons with bottom half table clubs he isn't shit all of a sudden. Shit management of a good player. Had nowhere near a fair opportunity
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024