Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Llorente plays we will stay up... 23:51 - Apr 2 with 4934 viewsPokerface

It has come down to 1 missing player.

If he had played today we would have won.

All this post match analysis would not have taken place.

2 man team , being carried by Siggy and Llorente. Need both fit and playing.

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 00:08 - Apr 3 with 2433 viewsjack2jack

Shearer said as much on Match of the day,I tend to agree we're fvcked without Llorente anyone disagree with this?
If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 00:14 - Apr 3 with 2413 viewsSwanjaxs

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 00:08 - Apr 3 by jack2jack

Shearer said as much on Match of the day,I tend to agree we're fvcked without Llorente anyone disagree with this?

As good as Llorente is if we are solely relying on just him to keep us up then yes we are indeed fùcked 😕

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

N/A. on 00:14 - Apr 3 with 2408 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 3:11]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 00:21 - Apr 3 with 2385 viewsPokerface

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 00:14 - Apr 3 by Swanjaxs

As good as Llorente is if we are solely relying on just him to keep us up then yes we are indeed fùcked 😕

Clement has built a team around him, open play - he holds the ball up, corners and free kickd - he is expected to get on the end of most of them.

Without him we don't really have a plan B

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 00:34 - Apr 3 with 2360 viewsNirvana

N/A. on 00:14 - Apr 3 by Huw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 3:11]

Agree with most of what's said here but I would slightly disagree with the interesting part. It just speaks to how inept our coaching and management was before Clement. Him being better at devising a gameplan than Bradley or Guidolin (bless his heart) is and was very predictable. The fact those guys ever got the job in the first place is the interesting bit for me.
If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 01:53 - Apr 3 with 2293 viewsswans11

under Guidolin we had just started to show signs of playing good football again then got sacked got ripped up by bradley and now clement found a way to win games getting balls into llorente and that goes pear shaped when he's not playing. Thought borja was supposed to be decent in the air so why not give him a chance bring ayew on towards end game
If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 06:21 - Apr 3 with 2208 viewsjack247

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 00:21 - Apr 3 by Pokerface

Clement has built a team around him, open play - he holds the ball up, corners and free kickd - he is expected to get on the end of most of them.

Without him we don't really have a plan B

That is basically it. Clement has found an effective way for us to play. Only problem is it is heavily reliant on a few individuals, Llorente being the main one. We don't have any other way of playing. You can't really replace Llorente with Ayew, play the same way and expect anything different to yesterday.
If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 06:37 - Apr 3 with 2191 viewsDr_Winston

We're so dependent upon Siggy because the team has been set up to provide for someone like Llorente. We've become a set piece team sadly, or at least one so structured against creativity and guile that the best we can do is hope for crosses, corners and free kicks.

I don't blame Clement for that. He's doing what he can with the players he has in a tough situation, but I hope that whatever happens this summer he starts making inroads into bringing some semblance of free flowing, creative forward play back into the side.

We might need to sacrifice a couple of players for that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 07:34 - Apr 3 with 2093 viewsTheResurrection

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 01:53 - Apr 3 by swans11

under Guidolin we had just started to show signs of playing good football again then got sacked got ripped up by bradley and now clement found a way to win games getting balls into llorente and that goes pear shaped when he's not playing. Thought borja was supposed to be decent in the air so why not give him a chance bring ayew on towards end game

Starting to show improvement means absolutely nothing. We started to show improvement in January and now we seem to be at rock bottom again.

The fundamentals are that we've gone into the season with a threadbare squad lacking real quality in key areas.

On Llorente it's just too easy to say we missed him, which I agree to a point because Ayew didn't do anything like enough, but we didn't miss the Llorente from Bournemouth or the first half against Hull or the Llorente in around 20 games this season.

I understand in football everyone needs their heroes and we've been short changed of them in recent times but cast your mind back to when the rumours of Llorente coming here were first mentioned. Nobody can say he's been a bad signing but we've been lacking up front in the vast majority of games this season and up front and midfield generally haven't spoken to each other the whole time.

We've not created any great goals by opening defences up the whole season, as Doctor has just said and I've been harping on about the whole time.

I've seen some of the best headed goals in my life though, but sadly that's us now and Siggy and Llorente are very much the reasons for this, along with a very poor recruitment drive over far too long.

And people dismissing Traore from Boro, the boy is just 21, younger than most of our under 23 squad and yet he's had 30 Premier League games. Think about this, imagine a player like him in the Laudrup side?!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 08:32 - Apr 3 with 1957 viewsPegojack

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 07:34 - Apr 3 by TheResurrection

Starting to show improvement means absolutely nothing. We started to show improvement in January and now we seem to be at rock bottom again.

The fundamentals are that we've gone into the season with a threadbare squad lacking real quality in key areas.

On Llorente it's just too easy to say we missed him, which I agree to a point because Ayew didn't do anything like enough, but we didn't miss the Llorente from Bournemouth or the first half against Hull or the Llorente in around 20 games this season.

I understand in football everyone needs their heroes and we've been short changed of them in recent times but cast your mind back to when the rumours of Llorente coming here were first mentioned. Nobody can say he's been a bad signing but we've been lacking up front in the vast majority of games this season and up front and midfield generally haven't spoken to each other the whole time.

We've not created any great goals by opening defences up the whole season, as Doctor has just said and I've been harping on about the whole time.

I've seen some of the best headed goals in my life though, but sadly that's us now and Siggy and Llorente are very much the reasons for this, along with a very poor recruitment drive over far too long.

And people dismissing Traore from Boro, the boy is just 21, younger than most of our under 23 squad and yet he's had 30 Premier League games. Think about this, imagine a player like him in the Laudrup side?!

Who's dismissing Traore, Chris? I thought he was the best player on the park and I shat myself every time he got the ball, as did most of our team.
There was one surreal moment when he was chasing a ball down in our half with, I think, Naughton. Our boy had a three or four yard start and Traore suddenly accelerated and went past him like he was on a motorbike. I had to look twice, I actually couldn't believe what I was seeing. Frightening pace. If we survive and Boro don't, he ought to be top of the shopping list in the summer, but we'd be about twentieth in the queue.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2017 8:34]
If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 09:55 - Apr 3 with 1812 viewsdobjack2

Agree with your first 2 paragraphs but we did miss llorente. We played to what would be his strengths if he was on the pitch.

The problem as you say is with the recruitment. If llorente is missing or having a mare then management believe Ayew is our best option. From the sidelines he is totally unsuitable for that role as we keep pumping balls into the box for a big man.

Our other goal scoring route is set plays. That appeared to be the only way we were going to score yesterday.

Either the manager has no plan b or is scared of utilising a plan b as it will destabilise the rest of the team.

I know you have your views on gylfi and llorente but based on the squad we have that is pretty much all we have attackingwise.
If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 09:58 - Apr 3 with 1806 viewsjack247

It's easy to say we missed Llorente, because we absolutely did. For my money, we probably win that game if he starts. Even when he is way off the boil he offers a threat. Ayew doesn't. It doesn't look like Clement has a lot of faith in Baston or McBurnie.

Whatever your misgivings about Llorente and Siggy (and I do see your point), they are both absolutely crucial to us this year. Like it or not, we are essentially a set piece team at the moment (I know a big part of that is down to those two players). Longer term, I'd love to see us go back to opening up defences with clever triangles. Then, there at least becomes an argument for them defining the way we play and whether we need an effective, mobile striker. This season, we need to stay up at any cost and we have a far better chance with those two in the team.
If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 11:08 - Apr 3 with 1737 viewsSmellyplumz

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 08:32 - Apr 3 by Pegojack

Who's dismissing Traore, Chris? I thought he was the best player on the park and I shat myself every time he got the ball, as did most of our team.
There was one surreal moment when he was chasing a ball down in our half with, I think, Naughton. Our boy had a three or four yard start and Traore suddenly accelerated and went past him like he was on a motorbike. I had to look twice, I actually couldn't believe what I was seeing. Frightening pace. If we survive and Boro don't, he ought to be top of the shopping list in the summer, but we'd be about twentieth in the queue.

Traore was poor, only his quickness being a positive but with zero end product, a Ferrari with no petrol. There's a reason he's gone from Barca to Boro!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 11:16 - Apr 3 with 1721 views34dfgdf54

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 11:08 - Apr 3 by Smellyplumz

Traore was poor, only his quickness being a positive but with zero end product, a Ferrari with no petrol. There's a reason he's gone from Barca to Boro!

Ben Gibson was the best player on the pitch, but Traore was the danger man. The way he went through our midfield at times was scary to watch.

He would walk in our side no questions asked.
If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 11:58 - Apr 3 with 1666 viewsandypitt56

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 11:16 - Apr 3 by 34dfgdf54

Ben Gibson was the best player on the pitch, but Traore was the danger man. The way he went through our midfield at times was scary to watch.

He would walk in our side no questions asked.

Luckily its still in our hands, but hull have a similar run in to us, its a two horse race to see who goes down. Unfortunately looks as if fat sam has got palace going just at the right time.
If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 12:09 - Apr 3 with 1643 viewsTheResurrection

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 08:32 - Apr 3 by Pegojack

Neath Jack and that dick Nirvana for two, but there were a good few on the Goodbye Siggy thread.

We've been starved of real quality like him for too long and a lot of our fans wouldn't recognise quality now if it came out and bit then on the arse.

I thought he was outstanding too.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 12:15 - Apr 3 with 1627 viewsTheResurrection

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 09:58 - Apr 3 by jack247

It's easy to say we missed Llorente, because we absolutely did. For my money, we probably win that game if he starts. Even when he is way off the boil he offers a threat. Ayew doesn't. It doesn't look like Clement has a lot of faith in Baston or McBurnie.

Whatever your misgivings about Llorente and Siggy (and I do see your point), they are both absolutely crucial to us this year. Like it or not, we are essentially a set piece team at the moment (I know a big part of that is down to those two players). Longer term, I'd love to see us go back to opening up defences with clever triangles. Then, there at least becomes an argument for them defining the way we play and whether we need an effective, mobile striker. This season, we need to stay up at any cost and we have a far better chance with those two in the team.

So we've won every game he's started at home have we? Far too often Llorente has a stinker and nowhere near enough does he contribute to the level people are reminiscing about.

It's also clear to see you're coming around to what I've been saying all season but you need to listen more instead of always trying to cross swords.

By the way, have you given Clement the same type of grief you gave Bradley as the last 3 games there's not much difference in the two? Or are you going to support and defend him?

I've done that with the both of them because they've both been short changed where it matters, and I'm sorry but that started with a lazy half arsed signing of Llorente without any real thought as to how he'd fit in.

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 12:20 - Apr 3 with 1603 viewsmonmouth

I thought in terms of talent, Traore was head and shoulders above everyone else on that pitch yesterday. A good manager could easily mould that bloke into his team effectively.

Him or the current version of Routledge, or Narsing, or Montero.....hmmmm, tough one. Like hell it is.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 12:37 - Apr 3 with 1574 viewsjack247

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 12:15 - Apr 3 by TheResurrection

So we've won every game he's started at home have we? Far too often Llorente has a stinker and nowhere near enough does he contribute to the level people are reminiscing about.

It's also clear to see you're coming around to what I've been saying all season but you need to listen more instead of always trying to cross swords.

By the way, have you given Clement the same type of grief you gave Bradley as the last 3 games there's not much difference in the two? Or are you going to support and defend him?

I've done that with the both of them because they've both been short changed where it matters, and I'm sorry but that started with a lazy half arsed signing of Llorente without any real thought as to how he'd fit in.

We have won 8 games all season. He has played in all of them and scored in half of them.

The point I am making is about the next 8 games. We are probably going down without Llorente. Disagree if you want.
If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 14:01 - Apr 3 with 1509 viewsLeonWasGod

Traore scared us sh*tless in the first, but it's true he had little end product. He went off the boil very quickly too once he'd been clattered a few times. Was it Mawson the final straw for him? Seemed to go very quiet after that. Be nice to have that option of blistering pace and the ability to get past player here though.
If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 14:28 - Apr 3 with 1466 viewsTheResurrection

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 12:37 - Apr 3 by jack247

We have won 8 games all season. He has played in all of them and scored in half of them.

The point I am making is about the next 8 games. We are probably going down without Llorente. Disagree if you want.

I wouldn't want to rely on Ayew that's for sure.

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 14:31 - Apr 3 with 1461 viewsTheResurrection

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 14:01 - Apr 3 by LeonWasGod

Traore scared us sh*tless in the first, but it's true he had little end product. He went off the boil very quickly too once he'd been clattered a few times. Was it Mawson the final straw for him? Seemed to go very quiet after that. Be nice to have that option of blistering pace and the ability to get past player here though.

He's playing in a side that can't create or score for toffee. What do you expect FFS.

You are like the under 16 equivalent of a football poster.

So much to learn....

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 14:37 - Apr 3 with 1441 viewsNirvana

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 12:09 - Apr 3 by TheResurrection

Neath Jack and that dick Nirvana for two, but there were a good few on the Goodbye Siggy thread.

We've been starved of real quality like him for too long and a lot of our fans wouldn't recognise quality now if it came out and bit then on the arse.

I thought he was outstanding too.

For perspective, here's what I said about everyone's new favorite player, Adama Traore, in response to some idiot wanting to swap Siggy for him ouright:

"Simply put, Traore is all flash, no substance. Essentially a slightly better version of Barrow/Montero. His pace matters little when he has no tactical knowledge, and couldn't place a final ball if his job depended on it. Next few years he will begin to see that is his reality.

He is still young and crazier things have happened but he certainly doesn't have the understanding of where to run and how to get there to make himself useful. He is living off his Barca credentials right now, but that will fade. He goes by people and ends up like a deer in headlights. Those guys usually do not progress very much, because everything has come so easy for them up to this point. He's never had to outsmart anyone as he can just run by them, and more than likely he never will be able to.

Good luck to the kid, however, just not the rest of this season."

That's definitely not hate, it's called analysis. And no matter how fast the guy is and how impressed some on here are of that, that's all he's really got. 28 games = no goals or assists. Sometimes stats back up what you see, and this is one of those cases. Remember, the Liberty sang Barrow's name once upon a time too, simply because he's fast.

I love how some on here get offended upon criticism of opposing teams' players but haven't the slightest regard for OUR BEST players. As a supporter of the Swans you think you'd be quicker to heap praise on and defend someone like Llorente or Siggy, and far less likely to wax poetically about some fast guy with yellow hair who plays on a relegation rival.
If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 14:38 - Apr 3 with 1440 viewsjack247

If Llorente plays we will stay up... on 14:28 - Apr 3 by TheResurrection

I wouldn't want to rely on Ayew that's for sure.

Which is my point.

Whatever you think should have happened last summer, or should happen this summer, Llorente is crucial to us for the rest of this season. So is Siggurdson. We are pretty much down without either of them.

If we then dismantle the starting line up and mould a more free flowing side where the team is the star, then so be it. My preference would still be to keep them both, but only because I don't trust us to recruit properly.
If Llorente plays we will stay up... (n/t) on 16:59 - Apr 3 with 1348 viewsOldjack

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024