Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer 11:46 - Apr 16 with 6295 viewsTheResurrection

Marco Silva came on board a sinking ship, practically sunk in most football fans eyes.

They were rooted to the bottom of the table and when news broke they were about to sell their "Siggy" in Robert Snodgrass, Swans fans, along with the fans of other clubs deep in the mire, only looked for another 2 unfortunate teams to fill the dreaded 3 relegations slots.

When Silva took a look at what he'd inherited it wasn't a pretty sight. If we thought we'd been short changed in the recruitment department then Hull had been left with the penny's and copper's of a Championship side left to rot.

When he walked through the door they had 13 points and bottom of the table. Who in anybody's world would have given them any sort of chance at that point?

Well imagine the next thing they'd do is sell their top
assist maker and goal scorer?

Result? Yeah? Great for us. That's going to send them down without doubt!! They're already planning for the Championship!!

Funny though, 11 games later with a full transfer window successfully planned and negotiated and with some brave but necessary decisions, they are 4th in the form table and up to 30 points and a very realistic chance of survival.

They reinvested the money received from Snodgrass and brought in 6 or 7 new signings that has given them the impetus to believe in the squad again and regroup.

Brave decisions we chose not to make.

We are still left with the same problems we've had all season but now with no more cards left to turn.

It's not over for us and I pray they blow up and we can find any sort of form again but 1 point in 6 games isn't anything to rely on.

Not when the same issues we've had from day one still haunt us.

Hull were brave and have given themselves every chance.

Honestly, were we??

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 11:49 - Apr 16 with 3704 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 11:56 - Apr 16 with 3673 viewsTheResurrection

Stick to threads about your stupid facking dog you tvvat.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 11:59 - Apr 16 with 3651 viewsDarran

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 11:56 - Apr 16 by TheResurrection

Bore off you boring prick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 11:59 - Apr 16 with 3651 viewsStrikeout

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 11:56 - Apr 16 by TheResurrection

Still pi££Ed?
The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 12:06 - Apr 16 with 3632 viewsdobjack2

All well and good but it then comes down to player acquisition. Ours is clearly still firmly in the control of our chairman. Player acquisition has to be part and parcel of the shape of the team and style of football the coach/manager/club is seeking to play. The disconnect between recruitment and the coach has been immense at this club for some time. Losing our style of play has not happened overnight neither has our shambles of a recruitment policy.

You have been consistent with your argument but for most the key issue would be recruiting the right players and trusting our recruitment team to do it. Something most of us have no confidence in.

It may work for Hull but it may not have worked for us. We will never know because it is all what if's.
The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 12:09 - Apr 16 with 3617 viewsicecoldjack

So we sell Llorente and Siggy , who would you have replaced them with ?

consider the tight coont jenkins is in control of the money too, who would you have replaced them with, i'd really like to know.
The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 12:13 - Apr 16 with 3598 viewsTheResurrection

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 12:06 - Apr 16 by dobjack2

All well and good but it then comes down to player acquisition. Ours is clearly still firmly in the control of our chairman. Player acquisition has to be part and parcel of the shape of the team and style of football the coach/manager/club is seeking to play. The disconnect between recruitment and the coach has been immense at this club for some time. Losing our style of play has not happened overnight neither has our shambles of a recruitment policy.

You have been consistent with your argument but for most the key issue would be recruiting the right players and trusting our recruitment team to do it. Something most of us have no confidence in.

It may work for Hull but it may not have worked for us. We will never know because it is all what if's.

This is why part of my reasoning to sell Siggy and Llorente would have included a manager capable of bringing in real change.

I said this to Phil S and Stu Mac when I met them in November and on here many times.

We needed emergency surgery, we went with a band aid and paper stitches.

For the usual vvankers on here trying to derail football discussion why don't you fack off and pay tribute to Polly on the other thread. FFS mun.

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 12:15 - Apr 16 with 3583 viewsTheResurrection

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 12:09 - Apr 16 by icecoldjack

So we sell Llorente and Siggy , who would you have replaced them with ?

consider the tight coont jenkins is in control of the money too, who would you have replaced them with, i'd really like to know.

Think before you post, Ant. Jenkins isn't in charge now for one, and two, we spent £20m in January.

We could've spent £40m plus and really improved the squad.

Login to get fewer ads

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 12:17 - Apr 16 with 3573 viewswaynekerr55

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 12:13 - Apr 16 by TheResurrection

This is why part of my reasoning to sell Siggy and Llorente would have included a manager capable of bringing in real change.

I said this to Phil S and Stu Mac when I met them in November and on here many times.

For the usual vvankers on here trying to derail football discussion why don't you fack off and pay tribute to Polly on the other thread. FFS mun.

That's the thing though, with Gonzo still in charge of recruitment it would have been a total roll of the dice. I wouldn't trust that cūnt in the Next sale,never mind trying to replace players of that calibre.

I do see the jist of what you're saying mind, and the league table doesn't lie as they say...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 12:19 - Apr 16 with 3567 viewsKGriz16

Another anti Siggurdsson thread by the OP
The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 12:22 - Apr 16 with 3555 viewsdobjack2

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 12:13 - Apr 16 by TheResurrection

It all leads back to the same place - our head of recruitment/director of football/chairman/shareholder.

Do you honestly think he would let a coach tell him who we need to recruit?

Therein lies the problem- most of our January signings had already been scouted by our recruitment team, Ayew appears a strange acquisition based on the style of play we are reduced to.
The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 12:23 - Apr 16 with 3549 viewsperchrockjack

Have to say I agree with Res on this occasion.

Silva has gained them momentum . Look at ours

As an aside, I was going to derail a thread about an emancipated looking meerkat.chichuahua cross .

Dogs are not meant to be a child or human substitute nor one to dress in a stupid doggie dress . It's an insult to animals as it kills their dignity stone dead

Eg, Yorkshire terriers were a working dog as were chihuahuas . Now just look at how they re treated, like babies. It sucks

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 12:31 - Apr 16 with 3525 viewsicecoldjack

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 12:15 - Apr 16 by TheResurrection

Think before you post, Ant. Jenkins isn't in charge now for one, and two, we spent £20m in January.

We could've spent £40m plus and really improved the squad.

Maybe you should think Chris, i asked you a direct question and you dodged it, who would you have suggested we sign after selling Llorete and Siggy ?

The fact you've dodged this once tells me a lot, quite frankly there isn't anyone better out there than those 2 players, without them we'd be already down.

So we sell Llorente and Siggy, then what ?
Play Borja up top? even though he plays in a 2 or 3 position attack? sign a better target man than what we got?
convince me of this logic please .
The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 12:39 - Apr 16 with 3489 viewsjack247

Not cashing in on Siggy isn't the problem. We have already gone down the 'selling our top scorer who unbalances the team' route last summer. The biggest problem is that a large chunk of our budget got blasted and Baston, then when the shit was really hitting the fan, we followed it up with Ayew and Narsingh.

In the interests of balance, Mawson has probably done better than expected (though I think we would have done better this season with Williams), Carroll and Olsson have both had their moments and both improve the first team.

It's not enough though. A club of our size needs to be getting these transfers right far more than we get them wrong.
The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 13:01 - Apr 16 with 3432 viewsNeathJack

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:07 - Apr 16 with 3383 viewsNeathJack

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 13:10 - Apr 16 with 3376 viewsBobbyBacala

Not really sure Hull and Swansea's situations are like for like - they seemed to take a lot of players on loan like Niasse, the Italian centre back and Markovic who have done well for them. Seemed like they were willing to chuck a load of darts at the wall and so we was a success (as well as maybe giving them more options, rather than just hoofing it up to a big man).

While they have probably paid some loan fees and wage contributions, I'm not sure all of the Snodgrass money was reinvested into those loan deals. Surely we could have kept Sigurdsson and got similar loans in.

It seems like Hull realised the urgency of their situation more than we did (though given the summer they had, they maybe came from a worse point than us) and bought in an excellent manager.
The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 13:17 - Apr 16 with 3365 viewsLeonWasGod

We should be better than Hull then as we recently sold our top scorer AND captain. And look where it's got us........

You're getting closer though - realising it's about decisions made in signings and choice of manager, and important stuff like that. Far more important than whether Siggy loses possession when he tries a flick.
The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 13:22 - Apr 16 with 3344 viewsLoyal

A decent thread by the op, no need for nonsense.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 13:55 - Apr 16 with 3265 viewsTheResurrection

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 12:31 - Apr 16 by icecoldjack

Maybe you should think Chris, i asked you a direct question and you dodged it, who would you have suggested we sign after selling Llorete and Siggy ?

The fact you've dodged this once tells me a lot, quite frankly there isn't anyone better out there than those 2 players, without them we'd be already down.

So we sell Llorente and Siggy, then what ?
Play Borja up top? even though he plays in a 2 or 3 position attack? sign a better target man than what we got?
convince me of this logic please .

This is the most ignorant point anyone can make and bloody simple one to answer.

The easiest way to answer it would be to show you what Hull did in the market.

The other one would be to point out what Laudrup did when he came. Who'd heard of Michu??

The last bit would be to point out there's a whole world full of football talent, don't be a tvvat to think nobody could have helped our situation.

Proper ignorance at its highest level.

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 13:56 - Apr 16 with 3261 viewsdobjack2

It wasnt just snodgrass but Livermore as well don't forget
The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 13:59 - Apr 16 with 3255 viewsshandyjack

whilst not fully agreeing with the OP i do see his point in a way. But it all boils down to who is trusted by the Americans to control the money, in's and out's and whilst that is HJ then we were always swimming against the tide

Poll: Expectation for the season

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 14:10 - Apr 16 with 3224 viewsLeonWasGod

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 13:59 - Apr 16 by shandyjack

whilst not fully agreeing with the OP i do see his point in a way. But it all boils down to who is trusted by the Americans to control the money, in's and out's and whilst that is HJ then we were always swimming against the tide

I see it, but there are too many variables for it to be valid at this time. Fine, sell to invest. Some teams have done it successfully, some haven't. We've did plenty of selling in eh summer without investing. And besides we were in the inverse position to Hull just a few weeks ago. And we don't know how the table will end up, which could make the whole 'aren't Hull lucky' argument redundant.
The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 14:24 - Apr 16 with 3191 viewsicecoldjack

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 13:55 - Apr 16 by TheResurrection

This is the most ignorant point anyone can make and bloody simple one to answer.

The easiest way to answer it would be to show you what Hull did in the market.

The other one would be to point out what Laudrup did when he came. Who'd heard of Michu??

The last bit would be to point out there's a whole world full of football talent, don't be a tvvat to think nobody could have helped our situation.

Proper ignorance at its highest level.

I suggest you're more ignorant. We don't have a Laudrup signing players do we?

No, we have cheap skate Jenkins and Co.
So your argument falls right there.

I go back to the same point once again, you refuse to answer though.

After selling llorente and siggy who would you suggest we sign ? Consider the money,wages,fees and the fact it's in January ! So far all I've seen you do is talk of selling yet offer nothing in terms of what we replace them with.

If you know your football which I'm sure you do throw some feasible options in to oil the wheels of your argument.

I await your answer .
The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 14:43 - Apr 16 with 3156 viewsBorojack

The brave decision Hull made to sell their top scorer on 12:19 - Apr 16 by KGriz16

Another anti Siggurdsson thread by the OP

Yes it's fukcing tedious.
All our weaknesses is yet he constantly blames our 2 best players.
I don't get it but there you go.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024